• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Incase y'all skipped my last point
I'm starting to think we might get frontrunners as our E3 reveal(s)

Back when we know about "Smash Switch", I'm sure Daisy and Ridley were frequently requested and speculated on.
Before E3 2019, after Joker, Hero (since leaked) and Banjo were frequently on people's minds. Note outside of leaks they both have just been wanted for years.

A little "pattern", if you will.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
If we took it as a solid disconfirm for characters that would most likely just have one fire move in their moveset, that would kill off a lot of characters wouldn't it?

From the top of my head:
Cinderace (Fire pokemon)
Scorpion (Fire Ninja)
Sol Badguy (Gunflame)
Lloyd Irving (Blazing Tempest)
Amaterasu (Inferno)
Doomguy (Flame Belch)
Chosen Undead (maybe?)
Chun Li (also maybe? the tourney also lists Ganondorf so it's really stretching the definition of fire)
Some of these could get away with not having those firey moves in their moveset. The first three you mentioned, on the other hand, would definitely be screwed if there won't be any more firey fighters.

I know if Isaac gets in as DLC he won't be able to equip any Mars Djinn.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Do you think we could get more Motoi Sakuraba remixes for the next two challenger packs? And would Lloyd’s costume come with someone that is similar to him?

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Wait a minute, if the Fire tourney really does deconfirm, then this means that if Dante is in, he probably isn't using the King Cerberus weapon at all in Smash for any of his moves. (Though I expect him to stick with either Devil Sword Dante or Rebellion anyway)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Wait a minute, if the Fire tourney really does deconfirm, then this means that if Dante is in, he probably isn't using the King Cerberus weapon at all in Smash for any of his moves. (Though I expect him to stick with either Devil Sword Dante or Rebellion anyway)
He won't be using Ebony & Ivory, because FIREarms :4pacman:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
These video will either break you completely or leave you spending and unhealthy amount of time trying to discover the secrets of Ultra Instinct needed to play these games, only to give up and just stick with Bad Apple and Flandre's music extentions.
That is what happened. Yes.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
The tournament is specifically for characters who use flame-based special moves. Characters who could use fire moves in just their regular attacks should be fine.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Broke: Lady Dimitrescu in Smash

Woke: Lady Dimitrescu in Marvel vs. Capcom
I feel that she has a decent chance to make it if she keeps being popular for some time.

Though I'd prefer Heisenberg if I had to choose. RE8 has some of the best villains in the series IMO and some of them would work very well for MvC or a fighting game in general.

I guess so.
Though the fire tourney seems to only include characters that have at least one fire based attack as one of their special moves. Regular moves doesn't seem to be a problem. So if Dante's moveset has him using King Cerberus for, IDK, some of his aerials, that shouldn't be a problem.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
looks at the Absolutely Safe Capsule

Are you sure about that?
They bothered changing the color of the telephone in an update in 2019 to make it more accurate as well as reduce the amount of fat on the Dungeon man.
If they intended on making the capsule Porky's representation, they would have definitely do so when they changed those spirits so they would be more accurate.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Regular moves doesn't seem to be a problem. So if Dante's moveset has him using King Cerberus for, IDK, some of his aerials, that shouldn't be a problem.
It seems like Ganondorf was allowed because of his up tilt's explosion, which made them give it the name Volcano Kick.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Mother 3 getting localized + Porky in Smash?
I mean there's your marketing move
I only want Mother 3 localized if it's Reggie's himself who appears during the direct and announces it.
It's the game that followed him during his whole career, even if he no longer works at Nintendo, a guest appearance would be cool just to end this meme.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Imagine if Iwata wished for Porky to be in Smash as the final character.
It's kinda scummy trying to tie a character to a dead man and say "Do it for him!" It was gross when people did it for Balloon Fighter, it was gross when fake leakers tried peddling their bull**** as claims for an Iwata tribite and it's gross now

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
There is a video made by a Youtuber named Midnight. He made this video saying Doom Slayer is possible based on Nintendo's Legal team.
The legal team and the executives who would greenlight characters for Smash are likely two different teams.

So the legal team's statement mean there's nothing that could possibly hold Doomguy back other than simply... not being considered.

Last edited:

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
I don't think we'll be getting anyone too obscure (ie; front runners for sure)

I'll never buy into the "well they've already sold all the passes they will so they'll be bunk" theory. Nintendos gunna push for sales all the way through, especially if this the last DLC we'll get.

I'm expecting at least one bombshell, someone who has potential to sell consoles just for the chance to play as that character in smash (Sora, Chief, Crash, etc)

And I'm also expecting a "rule" breaker. Be it a promoted AT, or Boss turned fighter, whatever. Someone who was right under our noses and was never truly predicted by the general community. (as a huge dragonball z/super fan, I'm all for it, but the consequences would be dire)

SKX31

Smash Master
Wii Fit Trainer: "Finally! A worthy opponent! Our battle will be Legendary!"
Proceeds to spam Sun Salutations and volleyballs at the ledge. :4pacman:

Another Phil Spencer interview, it seems.

Another Switch in the background.
FTR, that was not an interview. It's Phil's message for when the Series X/S releases in China (see the subtitles):

(And yes, Sony released the PS5 there a bit over a month ago.)

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It's kinda scummy trying to tie a character to a dead man and say "Do it for him!" It was gross when people did it for Balloon Fighter, it was gross when fake leakers tried peddling their bull**** as claims for an Iwata tribite and it's gross now
Even scummier when you remember that Sakurai explicitly stated that Ultimate itself is the Iwata tribute.

So anyone who tries to push the idea of an Iwata tribute character is being disrespectful towards the man they're trying to honor, be it intentional or not, since Sakurai has already made a tribute to him and pushing for a tribute character would mean that, in the eyes of those pushing for it, it wasn't enough.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Proceeds to spam Sun Salutations and volleyballs at the ledge. :4pacman:

FTR, that was not an interview. It's Phil's message for when the Series X/S releases in China (see the subtitles):

(And yes, Sony released the PS5 there a bit over a month ago.)
I did notice the Chinese subtitles.
But thank you for clarifying what exactly this was!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It’s only scummy if you’re leveraging Iwata to advocate for/justify a character you want. If they had wanted to include a character, like Balloon Fighter, to honour Iwata, that would’ve been sweet of them.

Is it scummy they hid Golf in the Switch as a nod to Iwata? Is it scummy they modelled that BotW NPC after Iwata? Is it scummy Ultimate was a tribute to Iwata? No, because the intention was to honour Iwata, as would be them choosing to include a character with some tie to him. The intention is deferential.

It’s only scummy when the intent is self-serving and you’re trolling for reasons for a character you want and invoke Iwata to justify it.

7NATOR

Smash Master
So for E3 Predictions, I'm Still predicting Shadow to be there, though if he actually shows up, I'm not gonna expect it because dreams being reality is very rare thing

I will say as someone who really started Smash Speculation with this game, It's been kind of a fun experience, but at the same time it's been a frustrating experience since I've been choosing to argue for Unique Shadow since Base game. I'm glad I've come across Comrades that do believe in at least the possibility of the dream, even if they tend to be few and far between, but even now there still people on the Journey, like UltimateCyborgOverlord UltimateCyborgOverlord

With that being said, I think I'm doing my Final theory before E3. We had the Tournament event happen, and the Event is 5-6 days away, so unless we get leaks, I think the info we have now is what we gonna have going into E3. I think we gonna get both reveals here, and I'm glad Speculation might be over, for Ultimate at least

volbound1700

Smash Master
One of Sol's special attacks is literally called Gunflame, which is his projectile.

And his other specials usually involve fire as well. He's definitely linked to fire. So if the tournament thing does really disconfirm characters that use fire in their special moves, Sol would be out, yeah. If that's really the case...

That sucks. Sol isn't pleased.

Lady Dimitrescu wasn't even known to the public when they finalized plans on Fighter Pass 2 (RE8 was announced the last summer). And even if that was the case they would pick her, considering that her popularity took Capcom by surprise, so it's not like they would be pushing for her if Nintendo approached them for DLC.

If we get a RE character it won't be anything from the movies (thank god, I must say). The character would be either Leon, Chris or Jill, for sure. But it's not going to happen considering the spirit event Resident Evil got. For the next Smash game? It's a possibility, and I truly hope we get a RE character someday.
The Lady Dimirescu comments were more of a joke than serious post.

I agree on the RE Character. Jill Valentine or Leon Kennedy makes the most sense. However, if I was to walk around to the general public, they would know Milla Jovovich's character before they could name any of the video game characters. That was my point.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm still calling a single reveal.

Smash is old enough that I can see Nintendo only giving it a single trailer slot and I have a feeling that they're not just gonna randomly drop the final character with no warning.
To be honest, you could make the argument that since Smash is kind of old, they want to finish it here now when they can

In any case, I will say that if CP11 is planned to come out sometime in June (for some reason), July, or August, I expect their trailer to be here since their release would come before the usual Fall Nintendo Direct. Any later and I think they'd be saved for the Fall Direct

I do lean more towards CP11 being done enough to come out sometime in the summer. I know some people speculated that Pyra/Mythra were in a presentable state in January of 2021, So I think that's enough time to get both CP10 and CP11 in presentable state, and by this time CP10 should release after E3, probably meaning CP11 won't be too far off

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'm fairly certain that if Iwata actually personally requested a specific character for Smash, said character would have already been added in the base game by now, considering the DLC isn't planned until after the base game is finished.
Iwata's real character he wanted to see in Smash was Sakurai.
Not as a playable one, but as the character leading the project.
Roll credits.

Pillow

Smash Lord
To be honest, you could make the argument that since Smash is kind of old, they want to finish it here now when they can

In any case, I will say that if CP11 is planned to come out sometime in June (for some reason), July, or August, I expect their trailer to be here since their release would come before the usual Fall Nintendo Direct. Any later and I think they'd be saved for the Fall Direct

I do lean more towards CP11 being done enough to come out sometime in the summer. I know some people speculated that Pyra/Mythra were in a presentable state in January of 2021, So I think that's enough time to get both CP10 and CP11 in presentable state, and by this time CP10 should release after E3, probably meaning CP11 won't be too far off
As ever, it's hard to predict what Nintendo will do, but fighting games tend to have long life cycles. Ultimate is still much newer than say, SFV, which got updated semi-recently. They could push Ultimate content for another few years if they wanted and people would still buy it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom