• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Has anyone else heard about this DOOM Slayer noise? Has it already been mentioned?

I don't think it's really evidence but I don't think I get the whole story behind it either... maybe someone else knows more?

Im confused...uh, context? Better not be some copyright **** again

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone else heard about this DOOM Slayer noise? Has it already been mentioned?

I don't think it's really evidence but I don't think I get the whole story behind it either... maybe someone else knows more?

The deleted tweet was a DOOM Eternal trailer with Lifelight played over it. It almost certainly got taken down for copyright reasons, rather than being a leak of any kind.

Last edited:

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
Im confused...uh, context? Better not be some copyright **** again
It proberly is some copyright **** again. I think Nintendo took down some DOOM song or somthing. I don't even know but as I said, I don't think it's really evidence.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
It proberly is some copyright **** again. I think Nintendo took down some DOOM song or somthing. I don't even know but as I said, I don't think it's really evidence.
Oh god no.
Nintendo already did so with many licences before during ultimate and the fighter pass. Mostly with fan remixes.
It doesn't mean anything and at best will be a coincidence

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Yeah, someone on Discord just brought this up. I'm really sure, though; Interview deconfirmation aside, I don't really see where Nintendo comes into this. It just says "Doom Slayer Tweet E3," and while I could see the guy showing up in something there, nothing actually says "Nintendo." Either I'm missing something or this guy's jumping to conclusions.

That being said, if this is true I won't be complaining.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Yeah, someone on Discord just brought this up. I'm really sure, though; Interview deconfirmation aside, I don't really see where Nintendo comes into this. It just says "Doom Slayer Tweet E3," and while I could see the guy showing up in something there, nothing actually says "Nintendo." Either I'm missing something or this guy's jumping to conclusions.

That being said, if this is true I won't be complaining.
OP said Nintendo specifically took it down so that's why it's making some noise... although let's be real, people have made noise over a circular window with cross bars in Shantae.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The deleted tweet was a DOOM Eternal trailer with Lifelight played over it. It almost certainly got taken down for copyright reasons, rather than being a leak of any kind.
Well, that's... An odd choice of music. Lifelight sounds too uplifting for a rough, brutish game like Doom. Either way, it's probably just copyright.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
I mean hypothetically this could also mean that Doom Slayer is getting a (possibly deluxe?) Mii costume (and that's assuming this scenario actually means anything).

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I also have flashbacks of that time when Shueisha was copyrighting DBZ/DBS gif/pictures and video but it was actually a fan using their names to do so to create drama.

Better not be it again.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I also have flashbacks of that time when Shueisha was copyrighting DBZ/DBS gif/pictures and video but it was actually a fan using their names to do so to create drama.

Better not be it again.
I've never seen cases of DMCAs being easy to fake on twitter but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case

DX_E

Smash Apprentice
What everyone's saying makes all the sense. I doubt it means anything. And if he does show, it'll probz be a coincidence.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
I've never seen cases of DMCAs being easy to fake on twitter but it wouldn't surprise me if that was the case
Well earlier this year, it happened, dbz/one piece and other stuff getting copyrighted on twitter, and shueisha called it a copyright scam, as they never did anything like that.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Well, that's... An odd choice of music. Lifelight sounds too uplifting for a rough, brutish game like Doom. Either way, it's probably just copyright.
That might've been the joke. There was a similar fan-made video involving Doom 2016 footage set to Jump Up Super Star for a similar reason when it was announced Doom 2016 would get a Switch port.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I mean, I haven't seen the video but AFAIK the video wasn't even a Smash x Doom thing, right? Just a Doom Eternal trailer with Lifelight playing. So I don't know, maybe I'm missing something but I feel it's not conclusive at all

According to the guy

I don't know if the guy that posted the deleted tweet actually said this though.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
As someone who was largely indifferent to :ultjoker:, :ultbanjokazooie:, and :ult_terry: when they were announced but popped the **** off at :ultbyleth:'s announcement, I have no shame in admitting he was the most lowkey of the first Fighter's Pass.

Lowkey =/= bad or boring. It's just the most niche of the characters in terms of identity. If Smash for's DLC leaked with no indication of how any of the characters played, Corrin and Bayonetta would get much less attention and praise than Ryu and Cloud because they're Ryu and Cloud. Likewise, if Ultimate's fully unique newcomers leaked in the same manner, Isabelle and Incineroar would get much less attention than Inkling, Ridley, Simon, or King K. Rool.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I mean, I haven't seen the video but AFAIK the video wasn't even a Smash x Doom thing, right? Just a Doom Eternal trailer with Lifelight playing. So I don't know, maybe I'm missing something but I feel it's not conclusive at all

According to the guy

I don't know if the guy that posted the deleted tweet actually said this though.
This "leak" is giving me that "Kos-mos mod in mario kart takedown" vibe to me.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Totally personal bias here, but a big part of me just doesn't want another human-like character. I kind of what an animal-like hero such as Crash or Rayman (Rayman is technically not an animal but isn't human). Someone a little on the more cartoony side rather than serious side.
Crash is human-like though.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
User was warned for this post

This **** kills me, Fortnite isn't good enough for Nintendo to give them something like this, eat **** Fortnite!

Somewhere a chorus of 8-year-olds threw a tantrum and begged their mommies to fix something they can't. This pleases me greatly.

For context, if Fortnite couldn't even get to negotiate for Samus as a costume in their game, the hell makes you think they could get in Smash as anything more than a costume, if that?

It's okay kids, your funny block man got in, so you can just live with that massive success and shut up about that stupid blonde boy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Obviously, there are reasons to be excited about this development, as Nintendo has done things like this before and they have resulted in things happening more then they haven't. Seriously, Nintendo should have no reason to strike down a random fan-edit linking Doom Slayer and Smash Ultimate together this close to E3 as it's clearly just a hyped-up fan, but here we are anyway.

As others have said, this in particular doesn't mean anything, but it is spicy for sure. By all accounts, it doesn't lock him in as playable or even a costume, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it did happen like this. Even the best speculators have been off since Nintendo really battened down the hatches and this really is a wombo combo of a good Western pick, the elusive FPS rep, the grand father of FPS gaming, recent boost in popularity, and someone no one thought had a chance so it would be a huge surprise.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It's just the most niche of the characters in terms of identity. If Smash for's DLC leaked with no indication of how any of the characters played, Corrin and Bayonetta would get much less attention and praise than Ryu and Cloud because they're Ryu and Cloud.
Don’t forget about the 3 DLC veterans.

Speaking of those characters, did you know Lucas is the only character in Smash history to have been a starter character, a DLC character and an unlockable character?

Shroob

Sup?

This ** kills me, Fortnite isn't good enough for Nintendo to give them something like this, eat ** Fortnite!

Somewhere a chorus of 8-year-olds threw a tantrum and begged their mommies to fix something they can't. This pleases me greatly.

For context, if Fortnite couldn't even get to negotiate for Samus as a costume in their game, the hell makes you think they could get in Smash as anything more than a costume, if that?

It's okay kids, your funny block man got in, so you can just live with that massive success and shut up about that stupid blonde boy.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, you all are a bit slow to the Doom Slayer train, as he's been having rumors circulating about him since mid-May. This is just the most recent one.

Obviously, there are reasons to be excited about this development, as Nintendo has done things like this before and they have resulted in things happening more then they haven't, but I will say the things that have come up before this are even more interesting. Seriously, Nintendo should have no reason to strike down a random fan-edit linking Doom Slayer and Smash Ultimate together this close to E3 as it's clearly just a hyped-up fan, but here we are anyway.

As others have said, this in particular doesn't mean anything, but it is spicy for sure. By all accounts, it doesn't lock him in as playable or even a costume, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it did happen like this. Even the best speculators have been off since Nintendo really battened down the hatches and this really is a wombo combo of a good Western pick, the elusive FPS rep, the grand father of FPS gaming, recent boost in popularity, and someone no one thought had a chance so it would be a huge surprise.
They shouldn't have had a reason to strike down a random Ultimate Mod of Kos-Mos right before The Game Awards and list the reason as being "From Mario Kart Tour", but they did.

I think copyright strikes are some of the worst way to try to predict things.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Crash is human-like though.
This descriptor is always a minefield of semantics because either you call them humans to exclude the cartoony animals and some dork tells you Link is actually a Hylian or some **** like that or you call them human-like to account for that and someone will say but every two-armed two-legged character fits.

It's referring to the characters with more realistic proportions and a human-like appearance. I wish we had a better shorthand.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

This ** kills me, Fortnite isn't good enough for Nintendo to give them something like this, eat ** Fortnite!

Okay, we get it, Fortnite bad, but this was uncalled for.

Pillow

Smash Lord

Did Fortnite fans poop in your cereal this morning or something? Jeez

This descriptor is always a minefield of semantics because either you call them humans to exclude the cartoony animals and some dork tells you Link is actually a Hylian or some **** like that or you call them human-like to account for that and someone will say but every two-armed two-legged character fits.

It's referring to the characters with more realistic proportions and a human-like appearance. I wish we had a better shorthand.
Yeah it's not really that difficult of a concept. Though I do find it funny that despite being an actual human, Steve doesn't fit the criteria.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom