• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
A Hat Spirit Event, A Hat Switch Meme, and now Hat Plushes at Nintendo NYC.

View attachment 317550
Let's see, characters with hats:

Team Fortress 2 (okay, so not all of them wear hats, but they still have that hat meme)
Master Chief John-117 (assuming helmets count as hats)
Ryu Hayabusa
Dixie Kong
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Crazy Dave
Dragonborn (at least the default one seen in promotional material)
Hat Kid
Beck (I know quite a bit of people would dread that, though)
Ezio Auditore (sure we already have a Mii costume of Altair, but that doesn't mean Ezio's off the table, too)
Many of the Farmers from Harvest Moon
Freddy Fazbear
King Boo
John Marston
Mr. Sonny Resetti
Klonoa
NiGHTS
Nightmare
Sly Cooper
Scorpion
Sylux (assuming that "helmet" is a helmet, and not part of his head)
The Prince from Katamari Damacy

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
2022 releases shouldn't be too surprising for most major upcoming games, particularly coming from Japan where Covid hasn't been handled very well at all.
KoFXV just got pushed back in part because of Covid on the Japan side whilst on a more global scale, God of War also got pushed back, granted anyone believing that it would release this year after only seeing a logo last year is the sort of person that'd try and buy elbow grease and headlight fluid.

So BotW 2 being 2022 is to be expected.

We’re weirdly lacking in Samurai considering how popular they are and how Japan centric Smash usually is.
Raiden outdated
Armstrong overrated
Long have we waited
Now The only thing I know for real is that there will be bloodshed

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Team Fortress 2 (okay, so not all of them wear hats, but they still have that hat meme)
Ryu Hayabusa
Dixie Kong
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Crazy Dave
Hat Kid
Ezio Auditore (sure we already have a Mii costume of Altair, but that doesn't mean Ezio's off the table, too)
Freddy Fazbear
King Boo
John Marston
Mr. Sonny Resetti
Klonoa
NiGHTS
Nightmare
Sly Cooper
Scorpion
Ergo, we could make a list of hat-less characters and work from there since they could've saved such a tourney.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
2022 releases shouldn't be too surprising for most major upcoming games, particularly coming from Japan where Covid hasn't been handled very well at all.
KoFXV just got pushed back in part because of Covid on the Japan side whilst on a more global scale, God of War also got pushed back, granted anyone believing that it would release this year after only seeing a logo last year is the sort of person that'd try and buy elbow grease and headlight fluid.

So BotW 2 being 2022 is to be expected.

Raiden outdated
Armstrong overrated
Long have we waited
Now The only thing I know for real is that there will be bloodshed

Bro why does his armor remind me of Excalibur from Warframe

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice
Double post

Ryu Hayabusa
Dixie Kong
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Crazy Dave
Hat Kid
Freddy Fazbear
King Boo
John Marston
Mr. Sonny Resetti
Klonoa
NiGHTS
Nightmare
Sly Cooper
Scorpion
I hope it's all a coincidence 😖

That being said, if Lloyd's mii returns, do you think we could get a Tales themed spirit event?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This Pass was finalized in November of 2019, with some side effects due to the set budget going over.
I swear to god whoever came up with the "muh budget" argument as if they actually know what the budget for the second pass was and how it was spent deserves Joycon drift, this argument is almost as meaningless as "That's just a fan rule!"
Actually, it means we're getting a second season of Ultraman Z next year. C'mon, isn't it obvious? They're both just a Z! :4pacman:
Goddammit I was so hoping for the Tiga retro rep with the Deja Vu singer doing a cover of his opening

Nightguything

Smash Journeyman
Kinda sad now that you mention it :/

Almost makes you think that Nintendo could've thought "ngl Bamco's only got a few Smash-adequate IPs lol, forget them"
Remember, we don't know if Pacman would've still happened outside the Miyamoto push...
I’d like to think Nintendo (or Sakurai) atleast considered some Bamco IP’s. After all wasn’t Heihachi considered but ultimately scrapped? And Lloyd’s mii costume shows that he was at least thought of in some way. There’s no telling if they’ll get another playable rep besides pac man but honestly Bamco does seem like an after thought when it comes to smash.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Yeah. Man, the bias Nintendo, Sakurai, and Bamco have against Bamco 😔
When Sakurai said "We are not giving Namco any favor", he really wasn't kidding, lol.

Wouldn't be surprised at BOTW 2 being 2022
I'm pretty certain that's how it will happen. BOTW2 getting released in 2021 is improbable with how few information we have... However Smash was announced and released the same year, so the probability is not zero.

I swear to god whoever came up with the "muh budget" argument as if they actually know what the budget for the second pass was and how it was spent deserves Joycon drift, this argument is almost as meaningless as "That's just a fan rule!"
There are a few things you should never wish to anyone, not even your worst enemy, and the Joycon drift is one of them. Remain civil, don't go overboard.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Imagine if that wasn't the case; it might've become a monkey's paw situation where Smash is milking Namco fighters like Fire Emblem.
It'd mean Dark Souls, Nightmare and a few Tales characters so I don't think that's a bad thing. Then again as long as they're cool I'm ok with more Fire Emblem

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Preach! I'm fully in agreement. I highly doubt there was ever a set budget.

"Hey guys Activision wants a solid 1 million for Crash Bandicoot. We cool with that?"

"Oooh bummer there's only 900k left. Guess we'll just have to make another Link instead."

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
Imagine if that wasn't the case; it might've become a monkey's paw situation where Smash is milking Namco fighters like Fire Emblem.
At this point, we would have gotten Pac-Man, each ghost, two Tales of characters, Klonoa and maybe even Nightmare.
Which would actually be pretty good.

Preach! I'm fully in agreement. I highly doubt there was ever a set budget.

"Hey guys Activision wants a solid 1 million for Crash Bandicoot. We cool with that?"

"Oooh bummer there's only 900k left. Guess we'll just have to make another Link instead."
If Smash roster decision was anything like Monopoly, it would be bloody.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
What "gut feeling" are y'all getting on CP10? (If any)

I'm not gonna 100% follow through with it because I want to hype responsibly, but mine's saying CP10 will be a western third party, for sure gonna make lots of people happy.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Speaking of Pokémon and subverting expectations, how would everyone feel if we got Gengar as another Pokémon rep? I have a feeling a lot of people would be disappointed in another Gen 1 rep but I’d personally be really hyped.
Id be eh to any pokemon character

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
When did he say that?

"Just because the game is being cooperatively developed with Namco Bandai involved, that doesn’t at all mean that they’d be given any special consideration for having characters in the game," Sakurai said. "Smash Bros. can still be considered as an all-star collection of Nintendo characters. Just like with Mega Man or any other third-party character, it would have to be a very special situation."

Technomage

Smash Champion

I'm not gonna 100% follow through with it because I want to hype responsibly, but mine's saying CP10 will be a western third party, for sure gonna make lots of people happy.
Probably an ultra-hype 3rd-party character who'd break Twitter (even if it ISN'T a Western character; for example, I think Reimu Hakurei could break Twitter).

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Honestly? Reimu and Chief, I got the idea in my head, good way to cater to a worldwide audience and Smash ending on lackluster reveals has and always will be a matter of opinion. Feels right to me

Sephirothorsomethingidk

Smash Apprentice

"Just because the game is being cooperatively developed with Namco Bandai involved, that doesn’t at all mean that they’d be given any special consideration for having characters in the game," Sakurai said. "Smash Bros. can still be considered as an all-star collection of Nintendo characters. Just like with Mega Man or any other third-party character, it would have to be a very special situation."
That doesn't mean shafting Namco and giving them nothing ever besides returning mii costumes, Sakurai

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Honestly? Reimu and Chief, I got the idea in my head, good way to cater to a worldwide audience and Smash ending on lackluster reveals has and always will be a matter of opinion. Feels right to me
Good guesses, though I find it personally ironic that you said "lackluster reveals" as an ending as you guess Chief for CP11

oh well lol

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

I’m actually starting to feel Masterchief. I’m not at all confident in his chances, but it would make sense if it did happen.

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
Heck yeah, that's what I've been saying! Join me and the rest of the winning team!

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I’m going to go a little out there with my fighters pass predictions. I’m going to say we get Dixie Kong and Scorpion with Sub-Zero as a semiclone bonus character.

The more I think about it, I just don’t know if there’s anything more hype than a trailer of Scorpion fighting Ryu to this theme:

Last edited:

Arctiq

Smash Journeyman
Seconded on Reimu. I feel like she would absolutely break the internet in more ways than one.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Did some research,

Not a HUGE fan of her but I'd be down for Reimu!
Could use a current indie rep (Steve WAS) and she's been around longer than Shantae and Quote!

Also we don't have a Bullet Hell rep..

WAIT TOUHOU'S ONLY BEEN DEVELOPED BY 1 DUDE? WOAH

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Good guesses, though I find it personally ironic that you said "lackluster reveals" as an ending as you guess Chief for CP11

oh well lol
I mean that Smash ending on a low note has and always will be subjective, I found both final reveals Ultimate went through so far to be great and Chief would also be great

Fluttershy64

Smash Ace

Ryu Hayabusa
Dixie Kong
Bandanna Waddle Dee
Crazy Dave
Hat Kid
Freddy Fazbear
King Boo
John Marston
Mr. Sonny Resetti
Klonoa
NiGHTS
Nightmare
Sly Cooper
Scorpion
Gemini Sunrise from Sakura Wars So Long My Love.
1622661864576.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom