• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Did you ever hear the tragedy of Dixie Kong The Forbidden 7? I thought not. It’s not a story Sakurai would tell you. It’s a Leak legend.
Dixie Kong was a Nintendo character so powerful and iconic she could influence the developers to..... place characters into Smash. She had such a strong connection in Nintendo, why she could even gain a Trophy in Melee over her boyfriend Diddy. The Bananas of the Kong Jungles can lead to many abilities some consider to be.... unnatural. She became so powerful, so admired, the only thing she was afraid of was missing out on Smash, which eventually she did. Unfortunately, she taught her boyfriend Diddy everything she knew, and then he jumped into Smash without her.

Ironic, she could help other characters join Smash.
But not herself.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Look I get not being excited by Byleth but you should wash your tongue with acid after comparing him to Corrin.
The reveal itself initially felt disappointing, even if Byleth is a pretty fun character to play.
All you had to due was scroll up before you spoke your libel.

1622329056160.png

this, and undertale being the only indie in the game with no spirits, are all that keep me going these days.
:nessecho: i think this guy kinda made it impossible, we even got megalovania. you want two megalovanias?

Laniv

Smash Champion
You gotta get more woke than that. Use the character who is literally nowhere in Smash Bros. Ultimate whatsoever.

View attachment 317052

King Boo and Porky are the last two reveals, calling it now

also wow I just noticed Giygas is nowhere to be found either. Porky FS confirmed to be turning off the Devil's Machine and unleashing Giygas

Technomage

Smash Champion
****ed up how we got :nessecho:the literal day it was revealed.

:ultmythra:

Where's my Mythra, Smashboards. Been 2 months.
Well, I don't know how popular Mythra is, but I don't think it can match Sans's popularity; that's probably why the latter got his icon so soon, while the former did not. Just spitballing here.

Shroob

Sup?
Well, I don't know how popular Mythra is, but I don't think it can match Sans's popularity; that's probably why the latter got his icon so soon, while the former did not. Just spitballing here.
I mean, there's a difference.

They had to cut the Sans icon from the video itself, meaning someone actually went out of their way to do so.

Likewise, the Mythra(And Steve alts), have been available for months now due to datamining the game for them, and nothing. Like, it's been since October and we don't have :ultalex: either.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
:nessecho: i think this guy kinda made it impossible, we even got megalovania. you want two megalovanias?
stop it, let me have my delusions! 😭 and for your information i like the Homestuck version of Megalovania better, so yes i do (lmao nah, it's good but it's not even my favorite Undertale song; but if one song had to get in, i wouldn't have done it any other way)

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

They had to cut the Sans icon from the video itself, meaning someone actually went out of their way to do so.

Likewise, the Mythra(And Steve alts), have been available for months now due to datamining the game for them, and nothing. Like, it's been since October and we don't have :ultalex: either.
Maybe :ultzombie: broke into the dev's house and ate their brains. :4pacman:

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Well, I don't know how popular Mythra is, but I don't think it can match Sans's popularity; that's probably why the latter got his icon so soon, while the former did not.
Don't remind me about how it took an hour for the sans emote to get added but a ****ing month for Terry's when they were revealed at the same ****ing time.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think Rex's chances of being playable in Smash are dead in the water unless P&M are axed from the next game and given a part in his moveset, and I find that to be extremely unlikely.
I think it depends on whether "Everyone is Here" happens again. If it doesn't, I think Rex 's chances are good and would only increase with fan support. After all, Sakurai is on the record that he was meant to be the fighter and only technical limitations kept him out. While the history of considered fighters is iffy, the Ice Climbers set a good precedent.

If Everyone is Here does happen again however, then he's dead. Rex being added would likely fundamentally alter how Pythra play and at that point they might as well be a new fighter. And we won't have both "Rex & Pyra/Rex & Mythra" and solo "Pyra/Mythra" because that would be too redundant, so they'd give priority to the returning version.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
9 votes for a future ballot?

1. Someone from Rhythm Heaven
2. Farmer
3. Sora
4. Master Chief
5. Ryu Hayabusa
6. Bandanna Waddle Dee
7. Elma
8. Master Chief
9. Segata Sanshiro (Hey, I need to shill one never-ever)
I see you voting for Chief twice. Too bad I can't like a post twice.

That bonus fighter’s color would be perfect for the Arbiter who would work very well as a bonus echo to Master Chief too. 👀

View attachment 317017

This would be way too hype for me to handle. My god I know anyone who's ever played Halo would know what Arbiter's star-KO noise would be.

Also, on the topic of Star-KOs...

What differences would you have between them? Would you lock Human/Covenant weapons to movesets respectively? Frag/Sticky Grenade seems like an obvious choice to me, maybe Grav Hammer/Sword too, but at the same time I don't want Chief to get only normal bullet shooting guns, while his echo gets the sweet plasma fire, or even the Needler.

1. Master Chief
2. Rayman
3. Crash
4. Spyro
5. Waluigi
6. Eggman (hard pick between him and Shadow, but Eggman wins due to moveset potential)
7. Amaterasu
8. Shovel Knight/Zagreus (since Imma be real with only getting one indie rep, if ever)
9. (and my fourth party choice) Goku, unironically.

For a Nintendo fan, my list is surprisingly NOT Nintendo-y at all.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that will stop Lloyd getting in is if my suspicions of a dual reveal for Pokémon and Digimon, since both HOPEFULLY will have big E3 spotlights, are on point...

Or if Bandai Namco really aren't getting a single game of theirs added to the roster since Pac-Man.

-------------

I'll tell you what; lets make a deal. We'll be relieved for each other as long as Bamco really didn't just leave it at Pac-Man.
Is Digimon a monster collecting game as well?

If so, a dual reveal of Pokémon and SMT could work, the most popular, and the first monster collecting series. That would actually be kind of cool.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Agumon would be kinda cool I guess. Maybe a Final Smash where it turns into i think its called Wargreymon. The only thing about Digimon is that you got people who don't want Digimon but don't want to admit it, so they get all philosophical and argue that Digimon isn't a video game. :nifty:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
****ed up how we got :nessecho:the literal day it was revealed.

:ultmythra:

Where's my Mythra, Smashboards. Been 2 months.
They're pretty biased.

Steve took a while to be uploaded but Sephiroth was uploaded almost immediately.

I'd understand a week or month, but half a year is a bit.... silly.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I think it depends on whether "Everyone is Here" happens again. If it doesn't, I think Rex 's chances are good and would only increase with fan support. After all, Sakurai is on the record that he was meant to be the fighter and only technical limitations kept him out. While the history of considered fighters is iffy, the Ice Climbers set a good precedent.
Well, I’ve already mentioned this, but being cut because of technical limitations doesn't seem to have worked out so well for other potential fighters in the past. (The Ice Climbers seem to be an exception since they were veterans and had already been proven to work on past hardware, with their full movesets from Melee and Brawl ready to go).

Character Chronicle: Dixie Kong – Source Gaming

Chorus Kids Main on Twitter: It's safe to assume that the Chorus Kids were  cut; Between the data, the leak, and this new claim it all seems to add up.  Without the

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion

If so, a dual reveal of Pokémon and SMT could work, the most popular, and the first monster collecting series. That would actually be kind of cool.
Agumon would be kinda cool I guess. Maybe a Final Smash where it turns into i think its called Wargreymon. The only thing about Digimon is that you got people who don't want Digimon but don't want to admit it, so they get all philosophical and argue that Digimon isn't a video game. :nifty:
Hey you two, you might want to also share your ideas on the Character Exploration thread, since it's currently discussing Agumon; it could help you get points to nominate characters you two wanna discuss there. ^^

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Bro I’m still waiting for my School Uniform Joker and Shirtless Sephiroth premium post backgrounds...

...what? Don’t look at me like that!

Twilord

Smash Ace
Honestly, I kinda think we'll have a new Xenoblade by the next game.

I doubt they'd go to the extra effort in order to get a result which as a side-effect no longer represents Torna.

I think the next Xenoblade will probably see Elma added if there is a future for Xenoblade X; otherwise it will just be the next main-series Xenoblade rep.

I would honestly like to see every ongoing first-party series have four characters in a new Smash Bros, as a small shift back to being the Nintendo crossover after the sheer spectacle of Ultimate feels like its needed.

I'm not convinced every Smash Bros game can or even should be like Ultimate.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Hey you two, you might want to also share your ideas on the Character Exploration thread, since it's currently discussing Agumon; it could help you get points to nominate characters you two wanna discuss there. ^^
I honestly don't know a damn thing about Digimon other than that Tai beat the **** out of Red with his bare hands in a Death Battle episode.

They're pretty biased.

Steve took a while to be uploaded but Sephiroth was uploaded almost immediately.

I'd understand a week or month, but half a year is a bit.... silly.
I have a strong feeling they know that we know and now it's just awkward silence because they want to avoid it at all costs instead of taking I don't know, five minutes? to put in a .png.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Would Everyone Is Here again mean Lycanroc and Decidueye are dead again cuz Incineroar will return? I’d think so

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have a strong feeling they know that we know and now it's just awkward silence because they want to avoid it at all costs instead of taking I don't know, five minutes? to put in a .png.
Like, I understand that maybe Steve's alts aren't a real priority. I get that.

But Mythra is a separate character. Imagine having a Melee Sheik icon, but not one for Zelda.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Would Everyone Is Here again mean Lycanroc and Decidueye are dead again cuz Incineroar will return? I’d think so
Depends on the most recent Pokemon games at the time; like maybe if there was a Legend Arceus 2 that feature Lycanroc a and/or Decidueye as prominent Mons, they could get there chance to Smash even with Incineroar returning.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean

Luigi's Mansion 3 still doesn't have any spirits so

maybe King Boo still has a shot
and then there's me

who's betting on the protagonist of a game that DOES have several spirits

but not spirits of bad guys, allies from later games, et cetera

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

If Everyone is Here does happen again however, then he's dead. Rex being added would likely fundamentally alter how Pythra play and at that point they might as well be a new fighter. And we won't have both "Rex & Pyra/Rex & Mythra" and solo "Pyra/Mythra" because that would be too redundant, so they'd give priority to the returning version.
I'm sorry but this makes no sense even if we pretend Xenoblade goes through a Metroid tier hiatus, not having the ability to bring everyone back means using more resources for a fully fledged newcomer who has technical issues is feasible when you already have 2 characters from the same game who have more fans who'd be easier to port over makes sense? Like, you know that veterans have the benefit of reusing assets right? I feel like people who think this saw Chrom and forgot he was an easy to make echo, not a fully fledged newcomer with technical issues

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Lycanroc and Decidueye are dead because they weren't chosen during the Gen 7 Hype train.

Pokemon doesn't go back to older generations when it comes to character selection. They just don't.

The only Pokemon from past generations that would be included are Smash vets and MAYBE Eevee.

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace

Sorta? It was born as a V-Pet but then Pokémon started added V-Pet elements with Yellow. Then Digimon started doing V-Pet/RPG hybrids on console (and got an anime). Pokémon kinda expanded on those V-Pet elements in Gold/Silver; but it was the DS era when Digimon started having a full fledged monster-collection RPGs since its focus has always been more on raising - but they are now a third pillar of their franchise.

It would be funny as hell to see SMT and Digimon together: Tax-man's come due, Pikachu.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
I think Rex's chances of being playable in Smash are dead in the water unless P&M are axed from the next game and given a part in his moveset, and I find that to be extremely unlikely.

Then again, :ultpyra: is one of the DLC characters making the most noise currently within the playerbase. It feels more likely that they stay the course if Pyra / Mythra continue to be well-recieved amongst the casual playerbase and achieve noticeable results amongst the more competitive people (whom Nintendo rely on to help promote Smash over the long term, since the more competitive segment make up a significant segment of Smash Youtubers etc.). And if they'll continue to be talked about on a large scale... by the time Smash 6 is on the table most people will simply identify Pyra / Mythra's Smash movesets as the movesets they're known for within the context of the game.

It's not impossible to rebuild and include Rex in the equation should the technical limitations not be a factor anymore, but in his case they'd have to restart from scratch effectively. It may be just easier to just stay the course.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
All you had to due was scroll up before you spoke your libel.

View attachment 317053

If any song can get multiple remixes, it should be megalovania. it might be a music genre at this point.

also you can retcon the sans costume one to the homestuck one if you need a reason for it to be with the misc. songs

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Like, I understand that maybe Steve's alts aren't a real priority. I get that.

But Mythra is a separate character. Imagine having a Melee Sheik icon, but not one for Zelda.
When Sans dropped, a lot of other emotes got put in at the same time in the 'Other' section. Like damn, good to know :azura::forrest: is top priority, but not the literal newcomer to the video game this website was built around. I'm sure these Fire Emblem sprites were really necessary additions, surely they're used.

:nifty: was good though. I'll give 'em props.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, excluding the Pokemon Trainer.
I think that’s more on iconic-ness of PT’s three Pokémon alone. Gen 1’s largely the exception to Pokémon visiting earlier gens for reps, it’s the OG after all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom