• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

PacificFun

Smash Ace
hopefully it's the "Majora's Mask" kind of dark/edgy and not "Shadow the hedgehog" kind.
I should have made that clear. I mean Shadow the hedgehog edge, not Majora's Mask edge.

Tomb Raider reboot is definitely the former.

shudders

Last edited:

Aboyd

Smash Cadet
See I was worried that by doing the Sonic Anniversary tweet now, it might suggest that Another Sonic character is not the last 2.

It seems to have been a mistake, though actually I think He might post it again later on tomorrow, after the Sonic direct or whatever. I will also say that Sakurai did say he covers the sequels separately, only if they have some form of substantial content in the game, so any Sonic character not Eggman could perhaps not be affected.
It probably doesn’t mean anything. He made a Xenoblade 2 post before the Aegis sisters were revealed. It really just depends on when the anniversary is

PacificFun

Smash Ace
I'm about to hit the hay but just one more thing:

(Its 10:45 PM here)

So like, multiple insiders are saying that the Switch Pro is not only launching in the early fall but that the announcement is imminent.

So...if they aren't going to reveal this thing at E3...and tomorrow is the Sonic Central presentation and the Playstation State of Play presentation...what if...

Nah...that's the sleep talking...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

So like, multiple insiders are saying that the Switch Pro is not only launching in the early fall but that the announcement is imminent.

So...if they aren't going to reveal this thing at E3...and tomorrow is the Sonic Central presentation and the Playstation State of Play presentation...what if...

If a Direct were tomorrow, we'd be given a day or two notice beforehand, and insiders would be all abuzz about it.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce

god, if only. it'd be so wild to see it after all the rumors

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hasn't he been saying that since the Pyra/Mythra presentation?

Like, at this point he says it every month lol.
Yeah but I think this is the time it will finally sink it to people.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I'm just a little concerned on how transferring from a Switch to a Super Switch would go (Not calling it the Super Switch, I already made one and don't feel like renaming it). I'm pretty sure there's a way to transfer all your games and data over, but I know jack about the specs and technology and stuff. There's rumors Nintendo's intending to slowly phase out the standard Switch, so it should at least keep the hybrid status and not just be perma-docked...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I do agree and have previously defended "insiders" as they simply relay information from a variety of sources, it's just that Imran's filter is so nonexistent and he does nothing to convey whether or not he's speculating (which is often is) or conveying genuine information. And as such people cling onto everything he says, most of it which I would say has been something we can't prove and in turn largely irrelevant (Nintendo would "walk on hot coals" for Sora, Monster Hunter was scrapped in favor of Byleth during base game, etc).

His most significant Smash information has been hinting at... Min Min the day before her reveal. Which I don't at all doubt that he knew about a few days prior to her reveal, but it's not an incredibly surprising result either. Outside of this everything else I can remember Imran chiming in about regarding Smash has been unfounded and often nonsensical speculation. With cases like Verge he's at least been right about Smash more often than he's been wrong, as far as I can recall Imran's track record is one single character and a bunch of other claims that we'll never actually know the validity of.

That said he clearly has some sort of inside source seeing how he's a longtime journalist. I just think when it comes to Smash specifically people have a tendency to put him on an undeserved pedestal. I know this stemmed from a statement about Mother 3 and not Smash, but I digress that's just why Imran tends to get on my nerves nowadays.
The thing about his Smash claims are most of them are relatively inconsequential. He's said no to a couple theories about Crash and Lloyd, but it hasn't curtailed their expectation. He's chimed in on Byleth, which can't be true, but also doesn't really affect anything. The part as it relates to Monster Hunter... well it didn't stop people from expecting them. And we didn't get them. So maybe it's true. But it's also tied to the Byleth claim so it's probably not. Then he spoke on failing to acquire Sora. That seems like it could be true, but again, it won't stop Sora's popularity in the long term. Didn't Maximilian also make a similar suggestion? And then he hinted at Min Min, but only brought that to light after the reveal, so... whatever.

Oh he also said FP2 was chosen around E3 2019 iirc. I believe that's a simplistic stance given FP2 was likely decided over a period of months, the timing of part of which probably coincided with E3 2019, but again, the relevance that has seems to be negligible since you have people holding out hope for characters from games that aren't even out yet.

I agree it's annoying to get claims that can never really be verified. Those seem to be the brunt of Imran's assertions. And it's annoying when people parrot them back without critical thought, but there's always competing dissent which prevents the claim becoming truly canonized. At the same time, the usefulness of his information (or lack thereof) makes them relatively unimportant, all things considered. Some people might cling on to what he says, but it doesn't truly change the tide at all anyway. The popular characters remain popular, and the other stuff isn't forward-looking.

And the only time I'm aware of Emily publicly talking about Smash is that she said the base roster would please people. She's never really gone out of her way to spread Smash info. I do think she gets a bad rap though considering she's been pretty spot-on about things for basically the whole Switch era.

But as acknowledged, I wasn't referring to Smash. We'll judge the claims as they come, but as it stands both do have good track records, so are worth hearing out. Few if any track records are going to be without blemish. Fwiw, Imran is not the only person who has made these insinuations about Mother 3. And when you consider when Emily was hinting it would come with Reggie's ill-fated tease, the timing does line up for the intent to be there but the execution to have been called off.

Dragon Quest 3 HD Remake Announced!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I'm loving the modern retro artstyle that Octopath birthed. Seems like this game would be a good opportunity to give Dragon Quest a go.

7NATOR

Smash Master

While it may not be anniversary of Sonic 1, it is the Anniversary of Sonic 3
So I'm quoting my own post since I'm kinda confused, but also interested, as there may be a theory based of this

THEORY TIME!

So I believe that Sonic 3 (the Original) came out in February, and & Knuckles expansion came out some time in October

So I'm kinda confused why they did Sonic 3 anniversary now, and why they didn't do it earlier. I actually believe this is the only time where they did something off date, and unlike the Sonic 1 post, this seems to be intentional

I could see this being based of the Sonic 3 & Knuckles version since that's considered the complete game. If that's the case, that would mean this should have been celebrated in October, not much earlier in May

So the Interesting Implication, and where this theory takes us, is that we could maybe use this to figure out when BOTH of the last 2 fighters will release. The fact they are doing the Sonic 3 & Knuckles posts now might suggest these anniversary posts won't last till October.

These anniversary posts I believe started sometime in July 26th of 2020, So I will say the anniversary posts will at least continue till July.

October is kind of a far off date, as I'd expect people believe CP11 would at the most be released in Septemeber or earlier. However this could just be the start. If we see more off date anniversary posts for games that might be in September, that could be used to take off that month as a potential release date of the character.

In terms of the Sonic Anniversary posts, With Sonic 3 out of the way, we have Sonic 1, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Lost world that will need posts perhaps, though they might just ignore Lost world.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Hasn't he been saying that since the Pyra/Mythra presentation?

Like, at this point he says it every month lol.
Ok but as we know, Sakurai is a troll and there's 7 characters left, just like when he said he may have shown too much for the base game only to get Banjo, Geno, Isaac, Mach Rider, Chorus Kids, Shadow and Ken revealed all at once

osby

Smash Obsessed
So I'm quoting my own post since I'm kinda confused, but also interested, as there may be a theory based of this

THEORY TIME!

So I believe that Sonic 3 (the Original) came out in February, and & Knuckles expansion came out some time in October

So I'm kinda confused why they did Sonic 3 anniversary now, and why they didn't do it earlier. I actually believe this is the only time where they did something off date, and unlike the Sonic 1 post, this seems to be intentional

I could see this being based of the Sonic 3 & Knuckles version since that's considered the complete game. If that's the case, that would mean this should have been celebrated in October, not much earlier in May

So the Interesting Implication, and where this theory takes us, is that we could maybe use this to figure out when BOTH of the last 2 fighters will release. The fact they are doing the Sonic 3 & Knuckles posts now might suggest these anniversary posts won't last till October.

These anniversary posts I believe started sometime in July 26th of 2020, So I will say the anniversary posts will at least continue till July.

October is kind of a far off date, as I'd expect people believe CP11 would at the most be released in Septemeber or earlier. However this could just be the start. If we see more off date anniversary posts for games that might be in September, that could be used to take off that month as a potential release date of the character.

In terms of the Sonic Anniversary posts, With Sonic 3 out of the way, we have Sonic 1, Sonic Adventure 2, and Sonic Lost world that will need posts perhaps, though they might just ignore Lost world.
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is released on May 27 of 1994, in Japan.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 is released on May 27 of 1994, in Japan.
I feel like this is the fastest time a theory has gotten debunked before. Japan and their separate release times, and here I thought I was onto something

What still stands is that Sonic 1, Sonic Adventure 2, and Lost World are likely to get anniversary posts. Sonic 2 could also get one if Tails is playable

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice
Hey I know I a little late on commenting on this but I was looking at the Imran khan tweet just saying no to the comicbook article about a smashbros character maybe being leaked and well I thought to myself, "what character is the article talking about specifically?". So I look up the tweet Imran posted and its not a link, just a screenshot. So then I go and google the exact article title and I get an article similar but its like 2 months old (it was the walmart leak about master chief) and I'm thinking to myself "wait, that doesn't make sense. So I go to the comicbook site and search the exact article in their search engine and sure enough the most recent article they have relating to that available is the masterchief leak thats like 2 months old.
The article imran is referring to DOESNT SEEM TO EXIST!
Now this probably is one of two ways #1 imran just did the good ol inspect element or #2 CB changed the article title. The second seems more unlikely so lets roll with option 1. Correct me if I'm wrong but inspect element is like a computer thing not something easily done on a smart phone. So if he did inspect element, he would have most likely inspect element on computer, changed the view to mobile and then screen shot that and then send that picture to his phone and take a screenshot of that on his phone(easier to crop) Which is a lot of work just to seemingly deconfirm a character referred to an article that doesn't even exist.
The reason why I don't think its option 2 is because after looking for a bit, comicbook has a lot of clickbait articles about smash leaks and just doesn't seem like one would bother changing a article title for a type of article that's a dime a dozen.
But if one was to roll with the option 2, then that means that Imran is tweeting about an article 2 months old. Imran is a journalist, and that seems weird for a journalist to talk about old news. That's also why I don't think option 2 is realistic.

Edit: here's the post im talking about https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1395269312101773314?s=20

Last edited:

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman

So yeah, it's possible we could get the announcement of the Switch "Pro" as early as today (or I guess tomorrow morning depending on your timezone).
The fear I had going into Nintendo's E3 is that they wouldn't talk about certain titles because they wanted to show them off with the "Pro" version, but I guess now I'll only have to worry about them holding off some games so the can have some content for the September Direct.

Phoenixio

Smash Apprentice
If they fix the JoyCon issues with this version of the Switch, it'd be great... I love the little things, but the drift is really annoying. I can only afford to buy so many,..

7NATOR

Smash Master
Hey I know I a little late on commenting on this but I was looking at the Imran khan tweet just saying no to the comicbook article about a smashbros character maybe being leaked and well I thought to myself, "what character is the article talking about specifically?". So I look up the tweet Imran posted and its not a link, just a screenshot. So then I go and google the exact article title and I get an article similar but its like 2 months old (it was the walmart leak about master chief) and I'm thinking to myself "wait, that doesn't make sense. So I go to the comicbook site and search the exact article in their search engine and sure enough the most recent article they have relating to that available is the masterchief leak thats like 2 months old.

Now this probably is one of two ways #1 imran just did the good ol inspect element or #2 CB changed the article title. The second seems more unlikely so lets roll with option 1. Correct me if I'm wrong but inspect element is like a computer thing not something easily done on a smart phone. So if he did inspect element, he would have most likely inspect element on computer, changed the view to mobile and then screen shot that and then send that picture to his phone and take a screenshot of that on his phone(easier to crop) Which is a lot of work just to seemingly deconfirm a character referred to an article that doesn't even exist.
The reason why I don't think its option 2 is because after looking for a bit, comicbook has a lot of clickbait articles about smash leaks and just doesn't seem like one would bother changing a article title for a type of article that's a dime a dozen.
But if one was to roll with the option 2, then that means that Imran is tweeting about an article 2 months old. Imran is a journalist, and that seems weird for a journalist to talk about old news. That's also why I don't think option 2 is realistic.

Edit: here's the post im talking about https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1395269312101773314?s=20
I'm kinda confused on the whole thing. I'm pretty sure the article was referring to Crash, not Master Chief. Perhaps their search engine is broken, or perhaps they decided to stop clickbaiting for once and deleted the article. Though I don't know to be honest. I don't think Imran inspect element though

venomthebest

Smash Apprentice
I'm kinda confused on the whole thing. I'm pretty sure the article was referring to Crash, not Master Chief. Perhaps their search engine is broken, or perhaps they decided to stop clickbaiting for once and deleted the article. Though I don't know to be honest. I don't think Imran inspect element though
ya I found the article that and ya their search engine sucks. had to look for it on youtube when someone was talking about it that day

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

It's the second option. The article originally went up with at least a different headline, if not changes in the content as well, before it was amended a day or two later to this:

It was always in reference to the Crash VA's tweet.

Polan

Smash Lord
I'm gonna laugh if, by some sort of cruel, horrible twist of fate, we don't get anybody revealed at E3. Not even a tease or nothing, we're just left in the dark while they go over other games.
nah we're getting someone. and people will be mad about whoever it is.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
I'm gonna laugh if, by some sort of cruel, horrible twist of fate, we don't get anybody revealed at E3. Not even a tease or nothing, we're just left in the dark while they go over other games.
Even if we didn't get a reveal (though we will), seeing new Zeldas, DK, Metroid, and Nintendo + Microsoft would still leave me perfectly happy, on top of whatever surprises Nintendo has that haven't already been spoiled.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Okay, I didn't realize the Octopath team is making the DQ3 remake in the Octopath style. That's pretty cool.

Even though I think all games with a Toriyama art style should be getting remade with ArcSys tech. :p

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Re: Switch Pro reveal
NateDrake too

Seems like you might need to get your gifs ready, people

Incidentally, having it on the same day as the Sonic presentation would be the best bit of Nintendo getting one over on Sega since the 90s, lol.
Plus, there's the Horizon presentation going on, but I'm still remaining cautious, because these rumors have been flying to and fro for the past three years now. You keep doing you, I guess.

Jerry98

Smash Journeyman
Re: Switch Pro reveal
NateDrake too

Seems like you might need to get your gifs ready, people

Incidentally, having it on the same day as the Sonic presentation would be the best bit of Nintendo getting one over on Sega since the 90s, lol.
Almost 3 weeks before E3, but within a day we got Dragon Quest 35th anniversary presentation, Sonic 30th anniversary presentation, State of Play for Horizon II: Forbidden West and possibly a Switch Pro reveal. Wow...

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
I hope Imran khan isn't right 😖
I see this as more calling out a "news site" (if you can really call it that?) for poor journalistic integrity and just generally being morons rather than "I know who the next character is and it's not Crash".
They've been doing surprisingly well at keeping the smash reveals under wraps, I find it hard to believe Imran knows who the next character is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom