• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Emily and Imran are both quite credible and what they say should be kept in mind, but obviously neither is infallible, and have both made claims which either haven't panned out or stretch the bounds of reason. However, that's not cause to entirely discard their words either, as more often than not they do pan out.
I do agree and have previously defended "insiders" as they simply relay information from a variety of sources, it's just that Imran's filter is so nonexistent and he does nothing to convey whether or not he's speculating (which is often is) or conveying genuine information. And as such people cling onto everything he says, most of it which I would say has been something we can't prove and in turn largely irrelevant (Nintendo would "walk on hot coals" for Sora, Monster Hunter was scrapped in favor of Byleth during base game, etc).

His most significant Smash information has been hinting at... Min Min the day before her reveal. Which I don't at all doubt that he knew about a few days prior to her reveal, but it's not an incredibly surprising result either. Outside of this everything else I can remember Imran chiming in about regarding Smash has been unfounded and often nonsensical speculation. With cases like Verge he's at least been right about Smash more often than he's been wrong, as far as I can recall Imran's track record is one single character and a bunch of other claims that we'll never actually know the validity of.

That said he clearly has some sort of inside source seeing how he's a longtime journalist. I just think when it comes to Smash specifically people have a tendency to put him on an undeserved pedestal. I know this stemmed from a statement about Mother 3 and not Smash, but I digress that's just why Imran tends to get on my nerves nowadays.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
Pic of the Day:

Dragon Quest 1 released in Japan 35 years ago today!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Pic of the Day:

Sakurai really likes flexing his debug tools huh? This is stunning.

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
What sucks is, in general, how likely CP10 (and maybe 11) are to leak are kind of inversely proportional to how hype they are. We get some big huge hype 3rd party, where Nintendo and Whoever™ collaborate, you have a lot more people in the know, so a lot more likely to leak. We get a Nintendo 1st party, it's less of this great big effort that so many people need to be keen on, so less likely to get out.

Obviously there are exceptions (Sephiroth) but e3 is a lot less low key of a place to do reveals.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
What sucks is, in general, how likely CP10 (and maybe 11) are to leak are kind of inversely proportional to how hype they are. We get some big huge hype 3rd party, where Nintendo and Whoever™ collaborate, you have a lot more people in the know, so a lot more likely to leak. We get a Nintendo 1st party, it's less of this great big effort that so many people need to be keen on, so less likely to get out.

Obviously there are exceptions (Sephiroth) but e3 is a lot less low key of a place to do reveals.
Haven't the Nintendo Ninjas been more strict and taking more action into leaks?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Pic of the Day:

"Dragon Quest" (Dragon Quest / Dragon Warrior) released today in 1986 !! The adventure, which has a capacity of 64 kilobytes, will have a great impact not only on the game but also on various works after that. At that time, the brave was always facing the front. #Smash Bros SP

In "Smash Bros. SP", successive heroes will step on, but we will omit the introduction of each work. Every time I see each one, my memories come to me ...

Last edited:

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
Haven't the Nintendo Ninjas been more strict and taking more action into leaks?
Sure, but I don't think that really stops anything, just punishes those who leaked. We're already one of the first places that information is going to hit, and spread like wildfire. Gamefaqs, Resetera, Reddit, hell even 4chan. Once more than a handful of people who don't really have any consequences to face get in the know, we'll all be in the know.

I don't think Nintendo would really have a way of stopping a leak and getting out ahead of it, unless the leaker decides to trickle things out and gives themselves time to be C&D'd (which has happened in the past, iirc.)

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
This may be stupid, but do you think any future Bandai Namco content would be kept under super security?
As co-developers? Yeah probably. It's less about "security" and more about just fewer people/paperwork barriers being involved. I don't think there'd be many outsiders getting involved with that. Barely any more than a Nintendo first party really.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dragon Quest 3 HD Remake Announced!

There was a problem fetching the tweet
This is the perfect way to experience Arusu's game for the first time.

NES RPGs are usually pretty rough, so I wasn't too keen on trying DQIII.

Banado_Boy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Banado_Boy
Switch FC
SW-3619-0087-7500
Other announcements include a F2P mobile Dragon Quest game.

Also Dragon Quest X offline, currently only announced for Japan.

Dragon Quest Treasures & 12 were announced as well, but only a title drop for 12.

Felt sorry for translator #1 during the livestream. Reminded me of Suda's live translation.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well, I just saw the translation that the next two characters are the end.

I kind of don't want it to end and I kind of do. I will always take more content for Ultimate, especially since we will probably never get a roster like this again. But it is time for the game to rest and Sakurai especially deserves a break.

Regardless, I'm not looking forward to the fanbase' reactions to whoever they are. Even if they are super popular choices.... the negativity will be very strong.

We're just entitled like that.

Last edited:

Super Devon

Smash Apprentice
Guess who also has a birthday today...

Sonic 1 released in the US 30 years ago today...apparently.
Wikipedia says it released on June 23rd. Is this the first time Sakurai has gotten a date wrong?
I guess he must’ve realized it too since the tweet is now deleted

EDIT:

"I posted an anniversary tweet of "Sonic the Hedgehog" on the wrong day. Delete it and put it out again! It will be released on "June 23". Excuse me… I thought I would make a mistake someday. That's why posting is always exciting."

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
DQ12 Announced!

All DQ games announced today.

Gaaahhhhh that presentation was so hype! And especially the DQIII remake! Yes DQXII is cool with its apparently darker themes, but we always knew DQXII was coming and we didn't even get anything but a logo. Meanwhile I am ADORING this HD 2D trend that's started since Octopath Traveler, and a DQIII remake in that style came totally out of left field! And also also, Yuji Horii said himself he's interested in remaking the first two DQ games after this soooooo

7NATOR

Smash Master
Watch people say this is a hint towards Eggman in Smash ☠☠☠
See I was worried that by doing the Sonic Anniversary tweet now, it might suggest that Another Sonic character is not the last 2.

It seems to have been a mistake, though actually I think He might post it again later on tomorrow, after the Sonic direct or whatever. I will also say that Sakurai did say he covers the sequels separately, only if they have some form of substantial content in the game, so any Sonic character not Eggman could perhaps not be affected.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
That's it, I'm sick of all y'alls "left field" predictions!

You all have slept on Umihara Kawase for too long!

Dragon Quest 3 HD Remake Announced!
That's...really cool. But why only 3?

If you do 3, you've done, like 90% of the work to do 1 and 2.

Looks like the edginess of the Tomb Raider reboot has rubbed off on Final Fantasy and now Dragon Quest, haha.
DQ will never be edgy, because it'll never NOT use the same monster designs it always uses.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
You speculators would love Yuji Horii by the way. He spoils information about new Dragon Quest games sooooo much. A staff member during the 35th anniversary presentation actually had a whistle that was used MULTIPLE TIMES to stop Horii from talking about future projects too much. He even soft confirmed a new Dragon Quest Monsters game was in development before the whistle could silence him. Imagine if Sakurai was like that...

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I find it sad that whoever was behind that site apparently made a second Wiki to whine about characters who got into Smash just because they felt that those characters shouldn't be included.
I hate how people like say characters 'shouldn't be included' just because they aren't fans of them..like, every character has fans..no game character is really undeserving.

7NATOR

Smash Master

While it may not be anniversary of Sonic 1, it is the Anniversary of Sonic 3

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The DQ3 remake looks pretty cool. Assuming it's just a QOL bump, it might be a better jumping on point, seeing as it's apparently like a third of the length of DQ11 and I'm not sure I'm ready for a ~90 hour JRPG just yet*

*Note that this is for completionists (Like me) and not normal people (Unlike me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom