• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Okay, after watching this video:

I gotta ask: How would y'all rate the chances of each character being deconfirmed (on a percentage-based point system)?
I’m sorry, but when was Eggman ever disconfirmed?

7NATOR

Smash Master
Geno and Waluigi
Aren't you the guy that talked to Vergeben right, and had Inside info or something like that. Wonder what made you mention these 2

I’m sorry, but when was Eggman ever disconfirmed?
I'm guessing he was taking Mike's Pollocks statements as a Deconfirm. As someone that has alot to gain from Eggman being deconfirmed, even I can't safely say Pollocks statement rules him out, but I could see the argument since one could argue Pollock wouldn't have mentioned Smash if he was in it, since Pollock says if he's on an Unannounced project, he wouldn't want to talk about it

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Or someone who thinks characters are more than just a collection of gameplay functions.
Yeah, and the characters we got are more than gameplay functions.

Insane to think that a franchise with as large a legacy as Dragon Ball, people like specific versions of characters of specific characters.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Fire Emblem Heroes: Dancing All Night confirmed.

I swear, sometime and somewhere, Nintendo and Intelligent Systems have upgraded their ****posting skills. Official Nintendo staff made these Official 3D models for an fully animated MMD-style Dance video, just for April Fools.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Wouldn’t be the first time Blocked Content lied for clickbait, or maybe I’m thinking of LaxChris idk.

edit: woops I must’ve been tired or misread stuff or something, that ain’t Blocked Content. Sorry, dudes.

Last edited:

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Random thought, if another jrpg character that isn't anime like Porky from Earthbound is the next character in the pass, will people even realize that he is a JRPG character because he doesn't pass the anime and swordsmen check.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Random thought, if another jrpg character that isn't anime like Porky from Earthbound is the next character in the pass, will people even realize that he is a JRPG character because he doesn't pass the anime and swordsmen check.
Yes. If people can find a reason to complain, they will.

7NATOR

Smash Master
logs in to see what the April Fool's theme is this year

looks at avatar

That's Janemba

He was the main Villain of one of Dragon Ball Z's many Movies, this one in particular being Fusion Reborn

He's pretty much a Physical manifestation of all the Evil that is trapped in Hell. The form you see in the avatar is also be Evolved form, he used to be a Giant yellow fat thing before

He has a Sword and can create rifts in Time and Space. He was defeated by the Fusion of Goku and Vegeta, Gogeta

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It's only a boring JRPG anime swordsman if I don't like them, if I do like them, they're a long time request who deserves to be in the game

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I'm guessing he was taking Mike's Pollocks statements as a Deconfirm. As someone that has alot to gain from Eggman being deconfirmed, even I can't safely say Pollocks statement rules him out, but I could see the argument since one could argue Pollock wouldn't have mentioned Smash if he was in it, since Pollock says if he's on an Unannounced project, he wouldn't want to talk about it
Well, I mean, there's also a high possibility that Pollock wouldn't know in the first place. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (and Wii U/3DS) uses Archived Audio of Roger Craig Smith's Sonic from Sonic Generations and other games (along with the old drowning sound by Jason Griffith used in Brawl), so if Dr. Eggman were to appear, its entirely possible that he would just use Archived Audio of Pollock's years upon years of Dr. Eggman voice work from Shadow the Hedgehog to Today, in which case they would have absolutely no reason to contact Pollock about Eggman in Smash in the first place, it would just be another person that would know the identity of a DLC character, and one that wouldn't need to know at that, something I'm sure Sakurai and Nintendo want to keep to an absolute minimum.

People often forget about the high possibility of Archived Audio (heck, Mario & Luigi used Archived Audio from Super Mario 64 in Smash 64 and Melee, just pitched up for Luigi)

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Aaaaand Dragon Ball FighterZ is gone.

I almost wish there was a way to go back to old April Fools skins, if only for yourself.
You can always change your avatar back to Goku or any other Dragon Ball character. :4pacman:

In all seriousness though it would be nice if there was an archive of all the old April Fools Avatars (e.g. all the different Reggie avatars from Reggieboards, all the different Crash avatars from Crashboards, and all the different Dragon Ball avatars from FighterZboards).

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Insane to think that a franchise with as large a legacy as Dragon Ball, people like specific versions of characters of specific characters.
Insane to think that a franchise with as large a legacy as Dragon Ball, people like ANY version of the many characters that don't get to be in the game at all because there are 10 Gokus.

You know. People who might want to see a Raditz before that 9th Goku. Or a Gero before that 8th Goku. Or a Dabura before that 7th Goku. Or a Toppo before that 5th Vegeta.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Insane to think that a franchise with as large a legacy as Dragon Ball, people like ANY version of the many characters that don't get to be in the game at all because there are 10 Gokus.

You know. People who might want to see a Raditz before that 9th Goku. Or a Gero before that 8th Goku. Or a Dabura before that 7th Goku. Or a Toppo before that 5th Vegeta.
And we have had a dozen other characters that ARE unique and popular on top of the Gokus and Vegeta that are equally unique and popular?

Perhaps you've forgotten they've also added Broly, Bardock, Vegito, Zamasu, Cooler, Android 17, Videl, Janemba, Jiren, Super Broly, Gogeta, Kefla, Roshi, and Baby as well. The rest of the the Gokus and Vegetas they did add actually are popular and/or represent huge or iconic parts of the series. Even Gogeta SS4 is a huge love letter to DBZ games of the past and the single "guy with SS4 form" that people have been clamoring for since the start of the game.

Personally speaking I wouldn't have added Saiyan Saga Goku/Vegeta, but even I can see that that saga is iconic and why they obviously would get chosen over their peers like Zarbon or whatever.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Man, I really come across as hating Isaac lately, I know this is a joke but it wouldn't be the first time I come across like that lmao.

As for the functions VS character argument here, DBFZ celebrates Dragon Ball whereas Smash celebrated Nintendo and then gaming, I don't think comparisons are entirely fair as having 2 teams of completely different Gokus isn't the same as having Mario, Mario but he uses Tennis moves, Paper Mario, Mario but he has Luigi fight alongside him a la Ice Climbers, Mario in a Kart, etc.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Man, I really come across as hating Isaac lately, I know this is a joke but it wouldn't be the first time I come across like that lmao.

As for the functions VS character argument here, DBFZ celebrates Dragon Ball whereas Smash celebrated Nintendo and then gaming, I don't think comparisons are entirely fair as having 2 teams of completely different Gokus isn't the same as having Mario, Mario but he uses Tennis moves, Paper Mario, Mario but he has Luigi fight alongside him a la Ice Climbers, Mario in a Kart, etc.
Why do you hate Isaac?
(No, not the one who shoots tears in a basement full of monsters.)

Pillow

Smash Lord

After this statement our last two characters will be Paper Mario and Bad Boxart Megaman

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I really liked the Golden Sun series (Even Dark Dawn) but man can I just say Isaac has like really lame character design?
1617361891619.png

His animations and pixel art are really cool in the game itself, but when you put him into a 3D environment, he just kinda... is eh.
For as much hate Dark Dawn gets, damn are those character designs on point.
1617362004526.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So what’d I miss yesterday aside from the DBFZ prank?

and the MHR Spirit Event?

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I really liked the Golden Sun series (Even Dark Dawn) but man can I just say Isaac has like really lame character design?

His animations and pixel art are really cool in the game itself, but when you put him into a 3D environment, he just kinda... is eh.
For as much hate Dark Dawn gets, damn are those character designs on point.
Yeah, Isaac's design hasn't really aged well. I guess it's just a remnant of its time (it's almost 20 years since the original GS) as there really has been no need to redesign it so far. That said, should GS get remade or a new game happen with Isaac in it or Isaac in Smash, I think his design would probably be "modernized" at least a bit, as seen with Dark Dawn already.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Monster Hunter may of not gotten a character this game, but it's still done pretty well for a secondary universe in Smash.

• two Mii costume sets, and a new hat
  • a boss battle in the single-player modes, that's also an assist trophy in the main game
  • a segment in World of Light
  • two music tracks
  • there's now multiple spirits instead of just Rathalos

D

Deleted member

Been playing Mario and Rabbids and I gotta say, this game kind of made me like the Rabbids? Like what I never thought I’d say that even after seeing other people say the exact same thing. Also they really made Mario a Fire Emblem lord huh? Crap movement on a character you’re forced to deploy is so sad.

Monster Hunter’s 2nd death reminds me more of how many good Capcom characters there are. In some godawful alternate timeline they become a Nintendo subsidiary and Sakurai is forced to make an FP3 consisting entirely of Capcom characters.

Munchi

Smash Journeyman
Fire Emblem Heroes: Dancing All Night confirmed.

I swear, sometime and somewhere, Nintendo and Intelligent Systems have upgraded their ****posting skills. Official Nintendo staff made these Official 3D models for an fully animated MMD-style Dance video, just for April Fools.
I would never expect something like this to be an official video

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Wow I just suddenly inexplicably lost any interest I previously had in the Dragon Ball franchise. Weird how that happens.
It's almost like it was a one day only thing...
Been playing Mario and Rabbids and I gotta say, this game kind of made me like the Rabbids? Like what I never thought I’d say that even after seeing other people say the exact same thing. Also they really made Mario a Fire Emblem lord huh? Crap movement on a character you’re forced to deploy is so sad.

Monster Hunter’s 2nd death reminds me more of how many good Capcom characters there are. In some godawful alternate timeline they become a Nintendo subsidiary and Sakurai is forced to make an FP3 consisting entirely of Capcom characters.
If it makes you feel better, Capcom is one of those companies where it would at least make sense if Nintendo randomly decided to buy them. They got the history, at least...

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

Funny that you say that. Capcom, alongside Square Enix and Bamco, are the companies where you can make a fighter pass out of just characters from one of those companies and every single character would be unique. I mean even in terms of Capcom characters with zero representation you still have:
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Dante
  • Frank West
  • Mike Haggar
  • Amaterasu
  • Morrigan
  • Viewtiful Joe
  • Technically Firebrand since he has his own series but technically not since he is a part of the Ghosts n Goblins series
Either way, ignoring the likelihood of many of these characters, there is a very good fighters pass right there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom