• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
That just sounds like an AT promotion with an extra step. Effectively, it's the same; A fighter and an NPC version of them existing at the same time in the same place. Sure, there's multiple Pokemon in canon, but if we're going off of canon Samus and ZSS shouldn't be separate, Ridley should be dead, Dark Samus should be dead, and Sephiroth should probably be dead (Though, I think he can just revive himself because Lifestream or something like that).
"Ridley should be dead"

Until a scientist decides to clone him

Again

SKX31

Smash Master
How IS SSF2 doing anyways? Is it still getting content, or did Flash leaving us kill it?
From the Smash Flash website:

Due to the Flash Player reaching end-of-life, it is no longer possible to play this game directly on this page the traditional way in most browsers. SSF2 development is still continuing regardless, however if you typically play SSF2 in the browser you will unfortunately have to switch to the downloadable version of SSF2 until a solution comes around.

However, thanks to a project called Ruffle significant strides are being made to emulate Flash. Currently only ActionScript 2.0 games are supported and functionality isn't perfect yet, but since writing this Super Smash Flash 1 is already mostly functional! If you'd like to support the development of Ruffle we urge you to check out its Open Collective page.
"Ridley should be dead"

Until a scientist decides to clone him

Again
Points to the number of times Bowser has fallen into lava.

He should be dead, but he isn't - at this point it's more logical to consider the lava his personal indoor tanning bed. :4pacman:

Last edited:

CureParfait

Smash Ace
Happy International Women's Day!
Here's a fun game, name 10 female characters you want for Smash.
1. Lucid- MapleStory
2. Enchantress- Dungeon Fighter
3. Izanami- Blazblue
4. Caligostro- Granblue Fantasy
5. Phonon- Under Night in Birth
6. Scharlachrot - Arcana Heart
7. Mioda Ibuki- Danganronpa
8. Flandre Scarlet- Touhou
9. Lambdadelta- Umineko
10. Angelic Buster- MapleStory

Shroob

Sup?
Next couple months are gonna be interesting tbh.

Disclosure, this is full-on tinfoil hat conspiracy, but no matter how I look at it, I can't help but get a weird feeling in regards to May. With Directs being back, that should be it, full stop, we're not getting characters outside of them now, but at the same time, E3 is dead, and while I don't doubt that Nintendo will have a June presentation to fill the void, June and September are pretty much givens assuming that Directs are back in full swing, I dunno.

Maybe it's just due to how fast the gap between Steve to Sephiroth to P/M was, but to suddenly go back to a 90+ day wait after the last 2 were only a little over two months feels wrong.

Truth be told, I foresee this going one of three ways, ranked most likely to least, though I'm not counting any of them off the table yet.

1# June reveals CP10, September reveals CP11

2# June reveals both CP10 and CP11,

-A huge gap here-

3# May reveals CP10, CP11 reveal in June, release later, maybe July

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Next couple months are gonna be interesting tbh.

Disclosure, this is full-on tinfoil hat conspiracy, but no matter how I look at it, I can't help but get a weird feeling in regards to May. With Directs being back, that should be it, full stop, we're not getting characters outside of them now, but at the same time, E3 is dead, and while I don't doubt that Nintendo will have a June presentation to fill the void, June and September are pretty much givens assuming that Directs are back in full swing, I dunno.

Maybe it's just due to how fast the gap between Steve to Sephiroth to P/M was, but to suddenly go back to a 90+ day wait after the last 2 were only a little over two months feels wrong.

Truth be told, I foresee this going one of three ways, ranked most likely to least, though I'm not counting any of them off the table yet.

1# June reveals CP10, September reveals CP11

2# June reveals both CP10 and CP11,

-A huge gap here-

3# May reveals CP10, CP11 reveal in June, release later, maybe July
I can definitely see a May reveal but my theory is we are going to see a Direct without Smash in the near future something like a hardware direct to show off the switch pro and it's exclusive games or something...

...That is if they don't have any plans for a third fighter's pass 👀 (They probably don't)

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

1996 "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars" released today !! Beware of forest mushrooms. This may be the first time that a full-scale story has been given to the Mario series. # Smash Bros SP

Shroob

Sup?

1996 "Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars" released today !! Beware of forest mushrooms. This may be the first time that a full-scale story has been given to the Mario series. # Smash Bros SP
I love how one of the comments is just:

1615258925534.png

This Fighter's Pass has been 1 thing:

Unexpected as all hell.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I love how one of the comments is just:

View attachment 306512

This Fighter's Pass has been 1 thing:

Unexpected as all hell.
It's funny, because all of them are outliers to some degree.
  • Min Min has no sword
  • Steve is a voxel-based eldritch being while everyone else has mostly realistic proportions
  • Sephiroth is the edgy, realistic villain while everyone else is bright and colorful
  • Pyra's... not that much of an outlier, actually
Well then

It's funny, because all of them are outliers to some degree.
  • Min Min has no sword
  • Steve is a voxel-based eldritch being while everyone else has mostly realistic proportions
  • Sephiroth is the edgy, realistic villain while everyone else is bright and colorful
  • Pyra's... not that much of an outlier, actually
Well then
I'm pretty sure she's technically inorganic, if that helps.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I don't know, I think the first Pass is even more unexpected without hindsight for either. The characters in FP2 were all discussed at some point, we just didn't see them coming at that time or in that manner. Even FP1's most-discussed characters always had "this will never happen though" attached.
FP2's been a bit of a step back, yeah. Second Chance Theory, and all that. Though, now there's the question of whether or not it'll keep giving out second chances or if it'll introduce some newer faces. We've pretty much exhausted all the explicit second chance candidates, so now the theory is just built off of speculation and sub-theories.

Shroob

Sup?
FP2's been a bit of a step back, yeah. Second Chance Theory, and all that. Though, now there's the question of whether or not it'll keep giving out second chances or if it'll introduce some newer faces. We've pretty much exhausted all the explicit second chance candidates, so now the theory is just built off of speculation and sub-theories.
With Monster Hunter gone, the only two things that are left IRT 2nd chance theory are just Crash and Hayabusa, and even they are 100% built off rumors and nothing more, so I don't think they even qualify.

Last edited:

Otoad64

Smash Lord
the thing with the second chance theory is that anyone could fall into it

they could add Goku and it could turn out he was planned for the base game!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
With Monster Hunter gone, the only two things that are left IRT 2nd chance theory are just Crash and Hayabusa, and even they are 100% built off rumors and nothing more, so I don't think they even qualify.
It is ironic that every character this pass has actually fit that 2nd Chance motif to a tee. Arms barely missed it, Minecraft was HEAVILY rumored forever, Sephiroth was one of the Seven Squares (Even if you don’t take that list seriously), and finally Xenoblade was in the same not as Arms according to Sakurai.

I don’t think Hayabusa or especially Crash really qualify as well, not in the way that everyone else aside from Sephiroth did but if there was ever any credence to the rumors of Hayabusa from way back when then I’ll be shocked if he didn’t show up this time. I don’t particularly remember any huge rumors regarding Crash aside from that guessing game of a CP5 but Hayabusa’s goes back quite a while.

Even if Hayabusa doesn’t make it in and all the rumors were absolute BS then at the very least I’m glad people genuinely consider him a contender going forward. I honestly never thought I’d see the day.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It is ironic that every character this pass has actually fit that 2nd Chance motif to a tee. Arms barely missed it, Minecraft was HEAVILY rumored forever, Sephiroth was one of the Seven Squares (Even if you don’t take that list seriously), and finally Xenoblade was in the same not as Arms according to Sakurai.

I don’t think Hayabusa or especially Crash really qualify as well, not in the way that everyone else aside from Sephiroth did but if there was ever any credence to the rumors of Hayabusa from way back when then I’ll be shocked if he didn’t show up this time. I don’t particularly remember any huge rumors regarding Crash aside from that guessing game of a CP5 but Hayabusa’s goes back quite a while.

Even if Hayabusa doesn’t make it in and all the rumors were absolute BS then at the very least I’m glad people genuinely consider him a contender going forward. I honestly never thought I’d see the day.
Crash has that supposed 5 year plan document.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

View attachment 306414
Source

I'll start.

1. Dixie Kong
2. Impa
3. Krystal
4. Chun-Li
5. Terra
6. Arle
7. Reimu
8. Ms. Pac-Man
9. Octoling
10. Lip
Easy Peasy.

1-Morrigan Aensland.
2-Ryza, or an Atelier Saga alchemist
3-Edelgard
4-Urbosa
5-Mipha
6-Amateratsu
7-Dixie Kong
8-Miriam
9-Shanoa
10-Terra Brandford
11-Chun Li
12-Arle or Ringo (repping mainly puyo puyo)

toonito

Smash Ace

View attachment 306414
Source

I'll start.

1. Dixie Kong
2. Impa
3. Krystal
4. Chun-Li
5. Terra
6. Arle
7. Reimu
8. Ms. Pac-Man
9. Octoling
10. Lip
1. Chun-Li
2. Jill Valentine
3. Gym Leader Bea
4. Impa
5. Lara Croft
6. Tifa Lockhart
7. Elma
8. Kerrigan
9. Roll
10. Morrigan

SharkLord

Smash Hero
If we're counting rumors, Lloyd and Yuri would still count because the negotiations rumor was literally just "Hey so these guys were in the planning stages, no idea why they're not here." That rumor will never die because there just isn't a killswitch; Even if Chun-Li, Lloyd, and Yuri are all no-shows, it still won't be dead because all it said is that they were going to be added for the base game, not that they'll be DLC. The only way to kill it off is to ask Sakurai about the planning stages directly.

But again, those are only rumors. They could qualify, but they probably won't.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
God.

I'm just thinking back to Sakurai's comment about The Game Awards to "Please, watch with sound on."

He really wasn't kidding that we'd be able to tell who it was due to the music, huh? The minute that first.****ing.drumbeat hit... I knew.
How about that guy who was able to guess it based off the ****ing sword slash noise?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
There was a bit of Falcom talk before so I'm posting this. 40th anniversary of the company.

Also because I guess that official pic can be kinda fun if used to judge the main options from Falcom. Also, the lack of Kevin surprised me. They're disrespecting Wunderwaft Wunderwaft 's boy here.

Besides that, I finally found a modder giving Terry his Garou look. It's kinda rough but it'll improve, I guess? I'm putting the tweet inside the spoiler just in case because the guy also gave Pyra and Mythra their swimsuits lol

I swear if by the end of Ultimate we don't get extra alts for the characters and I'm not able to play as Garou Terry I'm gonna mod my Switch lol

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I can definitely see a May reveal but my theory is we are going to see a Direct without Smash in the near future something like a hardware direct to show off the switch pro and it's exclusive games or something...

...That is if they don't have any plans for a third fighter's pass 👀 (They probably don't)
Terrible Idea and Addition to this theory

In the hypothetical Super Switch direct I brought up here, they announce Ultimate Deluxe or Ul2mate. And they announce a newcomer for that and the cycle starts all over again.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
No Gurumin or Popful Mail on the Falcom anniversary art
I'd insert a Popful Mail quote but I'm pretty sure there isn't a single one that doesn't use a slur. Still... I'd like them to include a track or Mii Costume of them if SNK got a character in.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Terrible Idea and Addition to this theory

In the hypothetical Super Switch direct I brought up here, they announce Ultimate Deluxe or Ul2mate. And they announce a newcomer for that and the cycle starts all over again.
Ul2mate is an amazing name.

I sincerely hope that isn’t the case though. I don’t wanna spend 400-500 dollars on a new Switch...

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
There was a bit of Falcom talk before so I'm posting this. 40th anniversary of the company.

Also because I guess that official pic can be kinda fun if used to judge the main options from Falcom. Also, the lack of Kevin surprised me. They're disrespecting Wunderwaft Wunderwaft 's boy here.

Besides that, I finally found a modder giving Terry his Garou look. It's kinda rough but it'll improve, I guess? I'm putting the tweet inside the spoiler just in case because the guy also gave Pyra and Mythra their swimsuits lol

I swear if by the end of Ultimate we don't get extra alts for the characters and I'm not able to play as Garou Terry I'm gonna mod my Switch lol
Hmm... my inner Smash fan is telling me that Adol being at the front makes him the most likely pick, but that might be grasping a bit...

But hey, I recognised Dana at least. Good job, me!

cashregister9

Smash Hero

I find it funny how there is 12 Trails characters to 6 Ys characters. (That comes with the larger casts though so It doesn't mean much for smash just to make that clear) Also the little Dragon Slayer dude is a good addition.

Not even mentioning the casual Hajimari no kiseki spoiler...

I'd insert a Popful Mail quote but I'm pretty sure there isn't a single one that doesn't use a slur. Still... I'd like them to include a track or Mii Costume of them if SNK got a character in.
Hey I think there is a puny gurumin slightly to the right of Tokyo Xanadude

Ul2mate is an amazing name.

I sincerely hope that isn’t the case though. I don’t wanna spend 400-500 dollars on a new Switch...
Hence why it's a terrible Idea, I was just spitballing :p

Last edited:

ShotoStar

Smash Cadet

View attachment 306414
Source

I'll start.

1. Dixie Kong
2. Impa
3. Krystal
4. Chun-Li
5. Terra
6. Arle
7. Reimu
8. Ms. Pac-Man
9. Octoling
10. Lip
in no particular order:

1) Mion Sonozaki (Higurashi)
2) Reimu (Touhou)
3) Arle (Puyo Puyo)
4) Tron Bonne (Mega Man)
5) Aerith (Final Fantasy)
6) KOS-MOS (Xenosaga)
7) Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong)
8) Lyn (Fire Emblem)
9) Octoling (Splatoon)
10) Lip (Panel De Pon)

idk I think some When They Cry representation would be pretty kino, pretty cool. Touhou has some fantastic music and really fun characters and Tron Bonne, well, I think she's just highly overlooked in terms of Mega Man characters. She's been in MvC since MvC2 so she's no stranger to crossovers and she has a moveset that would be unlike anything else the Mega Man series could offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom