• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Here's a little game while we wait for Sakurai's presentation:
If you had to pick four video games to get a stage without a fighter, what would you choose?

For me, I would go with these:
  • Dante's Inferno - The 9 Circles (Travel down to each circle of H*ll itself starting from Limbo to Treachery.)
  • DOOM - Necropolis (Fight amongst the burning city and demons.)
  • Twisted Metal - Blackrock Stadium (Duke out in a stadium with vehicles driving around.)
  • Left 4 Dead - Mercy Hospital (Battle through an overrun hospital invaded by the infected.)
Note: Bold are the stages
  • A Hat in Time: Dead Bird Studio (Film studio basement; Western props on one side, disco props on the other. DJ Grooves and the Conductor cameo, with the latter getting new voicelines.)
  • Celeste: Celeste Mountain (Based on the final section of chapter 7, positioned at the top of the mountain looking down below. Alternatively, Golden Ridge.)
  • Terraria: Corruption vs. Hollow (Would be a regular grassland, but one half is overtaken by the dark Corruption while the other is overtaken by the cute-but-deadly Hollow. Stage hazards might involve enemies from both biomes fighting.)
    • Alternatively: Underground (I just want a cave stage that isn't super cartoony or filled with lava, and this would work if Cave Story doesn't get a stage.)
  • Fallout: New Vegas: Mojave Wasteland (It'd be a fun surprise, and we don't have many desert stages.)

D

Deleted member

Totally forgot Heihachi was back. I kinda mentally tuned out that Min Min presents. She's cool and her reveal trailer was nice, but I felt kinda 'meh' overall and pushed the Sakurai Presents out of my mind pretty swiftly.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
So... I couldn't sleep. Which means... I decided to project background colors for Fighter 11 next.

Note: Future colors are highly dependent on past data. So the less solid data there is, the more multiple timelines become possible.

Which means, in an effort to simplify things, I decided to narrow my field with the assumption of one future. That the yellow color in my previous minimal projection was Fighter 10's colors.

Why did I choose this color specifically? Well...uh... I didn't want to do that much math at 3am :p. So I decided... why not the one in the middle as a basis? lol

Plus, this result I got for Fighter 11 is also the middle color. So this is far from the full results. But... either way, here's what I got!

View attachment 305800

so yes, kirby finally confirmed
Eu0hA0xXEAAPPqx.jpg

"Sonic, GIVE UP! This time you're miiiiine"

"Amy KNOCK IT OFF!"

"Are you playing with that girl's heart again, Sonic?"

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm wondering if he's going to get the Miis out of the way again. Honestly seems like a good idea to me. Please don't drag out the pain longer than you need to Sakurai...

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Final Mii predictions before the presentation:
  • Jin (Swordfighter)
  • Lloyd (Swordfighter)
  • Hunter's Mail (Swordfighter)
  • Rathalos Mail (Swordfighter)
  • Either one more Xenoblade costume or KOS-MOS
  • An indie Premiium
See you on the other side.

Otoad64

Smash Lord
Here's a little game while we wait for Sakurai's presentation:
If you had to pick four video games to get a stage without a fighter, what would you choose?

For me, I would go with these:
  • Dante's Inferno - The 9 Circles (Travel down to each circle of H*ll itself starting from Limbo to Treachery.)
  • DOOM - Necropolis (Fight amongst the burning city and demons.)
  • Twisted Metal - Blackrock Stadium (Duke out in a stadium with vehicles driving around.)
  • Left 4 Dead - Mercy Hospital (Battle through an overrun hospital invaded by the infected.)
Note: Bold are the stages
Tetris - Tetris
Kingdom Hearts - Station of Awakening
Undertale - Sans Battle
Nintendo Land - Nintendo Land

Shroob

Sup?
To me it just seemed like something new they were trying. Joker and Terry's Miis were very "tied" to them for example.
Sephiroth's presentation literally had Barret and Tifa miis used throughout it, they kinda had to do mii costumes first or else they'd have to say "Oh BTW, you're gonna see new Mii costumes, uhhhhhh more on those later i guess."

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Sephiroth's presentation literally had Barret and Tifa miis used throughout it, they kinda had to do mii costumes first or else they'd have to say "Oh BTW, you're gonna see new Mii costumes, uhhhhhh more on those later i guess."
Ah I see what you were saying. That makes sense.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Oh I definitely slept, but not very well. What little I did sleep though wound me up in the Dream Zone where I dreamt I was arguing with a Paramount executive over Sonic the Hedgehog 2 and whether we should use an orchestral version of Emerald Hill for Sonic and Tails going through a loop or not and whether we wanted the Sonic 2 boss theme to play in the film or not. It was not a peaceful discussion, lots of shouting.

Show's about to begin, kiddies!

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
This seems to be a kill to an FP3 idea.

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
they're looking a lot like the other swordies we have, except their "swap to echo" button is used during the match instead of just before it. hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom