• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
At the same time, the middle platforms are higher than FD's, with the top platform being even higher. I'm pretty sure Steve and Mac can't reach the middle even with their double jumps. It works for a boss fight but for normal gameplay? It looks pretty damn unfun
Since Galeem/Dharkon share the exact same stage as their duo fight, I decided to test it.

Both Mac and Steve can double jump to the lower middle platform without issue, and then proceed to double jump to the upper middle platform.

The lower middle platform is basically the same height as normal Battlefield's side platforms.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Since Galeem/Dharkon share the exact same stage as their duo fight, I decided to test it.

Both Mac and Steve can double jump to the lower middle platform without issue, and then proceed to double jump to the upper middle platform.

The lower middle platform is basically the same height as normal Battlefield's side platforms.
That's the problem though, what makes regular Battlefield work is that the lower platforms have 2 sides meaning you're not forced into this linear option. This stage means that some characters will ALWAYS have to go for the lower platform. It doesn't work for actual play outside the boss

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Let's see here:

Sportswear(Golf, Tennis, and Olympics swimsuits) for Mario, Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Wario, and Rosalina.
Golf and Dry Bowser for Bowser
Other armor sets for Link
Outset Pajamas for Toon Link
Pajamas for Ness
Pig Mask Commander for Lucas
Fox, Falco, and Wolf's outfits from other Starfox games

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alternate skins for characters are a literal goldmine of microtransactions waiting to happen.

I'm legit surprised that the team's never bit that bullet yet.
Nintendo's barely tipped their toes in gacha, give em some time before they plunge and fully take the microtransaction pill.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Alt. costume DLC would suck imo, I mean they’d be cool but I’d rather they be like a free update, especially if they include bringing back simple recolors like Fire Mario and Black Yoshi.
"Good thing would suck, I would rather have good thing for free"

Does that logic apply to every piece of post-launch content we have had so far?

Shroob

Sup?
I'm really curious what the hell these 2 things could be.

I don't wanna say "Lol Pass 3 and a bonus mii", because why the **** wouldn't you announce that in the last Direct, which was just a little over 2 weeks ago, which had half a million eyes on it at its lowest?

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Alt. costume DLC would suck imo, I mean they’d be cool but I’d rather they be like a free update, especially if they include bringing back simple recolors like Fire Mario and Black Yoshi.
Yeah but what about more complex outfits?

1614836852431.png

Something like this is harder than just a palette swap, and expecting it to be free post-launch? You must really be thinkin' Nintendo's a charity after selling Pikmin 3 port for $60 seven years after it came out.

Polan

Smash Lord
Alternate skins for characters are a literal goldmine of microtransactions waiting to happen.

I'm legit surprised that the team's never bit that bullet yet.
i think sakurai actually addressed alt costumes on one of his columns but i cant find it. think it had something to do with renders and how long they take to make.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm really curious what the hell these 2 things could be.

I don't wanna say "Lol Pass 3 and a bonus Amiibo", because why the **** wouldn't you announce that in the last Direct, which was just a little over 2 weeks ago, which had half a million eyes on it at its lowest?
You mean a bonus mii? God though, imagine if Sakurai said "We are making some amiibo of the ATs!" And those ATs leaked

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
"Good thing would suck, I would rather have good thing for free"

Does that logic apply to every piece of post-launch content we have had so far?
I mean sure but alt. costumes seem like they’d take a very small amount of development time, I can understand more complex ones being about on par with Mii Costumes at least I guess but recolors or very simple outfits?

I’m not unhappy the stuff isn’t free, I understand why it all costs money and I don’t really care about DLC costing money, but selling alt. colors feels similar to Minecraft selling simple clothing items for 2 bucks or simple emotes for 7 bucks unless it’s a good price and maybe a bundle or something.

Yeah but what about more complex outfits?

View attachment 305796

Something like this is harder than just a palette swap, and expecting it to be free post-launch? You must really be thinkin' Nintendo's a charity after selling Pikmin 3 port for $60 seven years after it came out.
Ironically I loved the port and didn’t care about its price; guess I’m weird.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I also question that, if this IS a supposed 3rd wave, why wouldn't this be saved until the June presentation, or, like mentioned before, the Direct 2 weeks ago with half a million viewers?

This kind of news isn't something you just drop in a random Sakurai Presents, that a fraction of the people watching the Direct would even watch.

These 2 missing spots are going to be curious as hell to see what they end up being.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I’m guessing one of the 2 spots is for Amiibo. No clue about the other.
FP3, Stage DLC, Modes if we’re being hopeful.
Probably not though.

Imagine if we got super hyped for these 2 announcements and one of them was that Smash DLC wasn’t continuing past FP2.
I don't think "Production ends after FP2" would be something that's broadcast in game.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm hopping out of the speculation scene so I can deal with my depression in a healthy way so I don't end up doing risky things to myself. I'll hop back on whenever it's close to the next character. Or if Scorpion gets announced, either one. See y'all later. :nifty:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I'd rather keep Akechi far from Smash, just like he's been so far and in all Crossover that P5 did. He's fine where he is- :bobomb:
But then who else is going to throw out megidolaons?

I'd choose Aigis personally, but man if we got another Persona character before we got literally anything from SMT I would genuinely be pretty upset.

But yeah, Aigis is cool I'll go with her.
If she can cast megidoloan, I'd be down for that.

I'm pretty simple. I just want megidolaon to take up an entire stage and take stocks as early as 30% =D

I wouldn't even mind if the charge animation for it is longer than Sephiroth's gigaflare.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
the number of spots is dependent on how many mii costumes we get right? so it might be even more stuff.
Correct, so if we only get 5 Miis, that'd mean we'd have 3 unaccounted for spots.

People are figuring 6 miis though since that's the upper end of the scale for Miis.

4 has happened before as well, but that's only happened with Hero.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
No, these "slots" are the thing that come on screen once you've updated your game to the newest patch.

Like:

"Pyra/Mythra are out now!"

"This Mii costume is out now!"

"That Mii costume is out now!"

Etc
What if PSIguy was right and there's gonna be something like the Sephiroth challenge, that got sent out to every Switch iirc

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
No, these "slots" are the thing that come on screen once you've updated your game to the newest patch.

Like:

"Pyra/Mythra are out now!"

"This Mii costume is out now!"

"That Mii costume is out now!"

Etc
Ah, that makes sense.
Could this be where we get the mythical 7th Mii Costume?!?!?!?

Though perhaps its a Sephiroth style mode and 6th Mii Costume.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
What if PSIguy was right and there's gonna be something like the Sephiroth challenge, that got sent out to every Switch iirc
That'd only account for 1 of the slots tho. Possible, but then we'd still be down 1-2 of them, depending on the amount of Miis.

Also, last time, we did NOT get the Miis the same patch as the Sephiroth challenge, so that patch with the Sephiroth challenge didn't have the Mii costume notifications, this one does.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That'd only account for 1 of the slots tho. Possible, but then we'd still be down 1-2 of them, depending on the amount of Miis.

Also, last time, we did NOT get the Miis the same patch as the Sephiroth challenge, so that patch with the Sephiroth challenge didn't have the Mii costume notifications, this one does.
Ah, but what if it was 1 of each to truly replicate the gacha experience? That'd be 2 things, add a single Mii extra and boom

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Plot twist, you need to spend money to unlock Pyra by rolling gacha and you need to complete a certain amount of spirit battle to unlock Mythra as references to how chapter 9 can't be beat without relying on RNG or glitching through the gate and how Torna requires you to complete sidequests to get through the main story, the notifications are for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom