• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If Monster Hunter is disconfirmed tomorrow, I'm at a loss.

Not just because they're a character who really does seem to have everything going for them, but because we may not / probably would not be getting anyone new from Capcom and that just makes me really sad to think about.

All my money is down on Lloyd returning tomorrow anyway, doubly so because of Namco's connection to the "Xeno" series at large.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
He’s still one of my top predictions for a newcomer, but I’ll also bet Lloyd. He fits Pyra and Mythra really well. If he is in fact coming back as a Mii, then the costume would almost definitely be revealed tomorrow. I can’t imagine a more fitting character to release his Mii with (except Yuri).

If Lloyd does somehow manage to survive the next wave of Miis, then I’m sure everyone will start locking him in as a strong contender for this pass.
Doubtful on that last part.

If we get the MonHun costumes back, I think more people would chalk it up as "Oh, they're just spreading out the remaining costumes."

If Heihachi and Gil were still missing, then people would 100% be expecting someone from Namco, but with the first two just being tossed in as filler, ehhhh.

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
I'm just going to predict:

Rex costume universally avaible now
Another Xenoblade 2 costume
Red Koopa Shell
Crash
Ryu Hayabusa

Speculation will go crazy if this happens.

Another thing to note about Lloyd's costume is that in 4, Kosuke had to be consulted about it.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
What if MH costume just.. returned for the next character? I mean Geno take a whole Pass and half for him to return and we know everyone already hang their hopes up similarly.
Geno took a pass and a half because his costume was lumped in with a second Square Enix character, which several people such as myself were speculating for that exact reason.

A similar train of thought is where my hope in another Capcom character is founded, through the absence of both Monster Hunter costumes - be it MH themselves or someone different, but releasing every single Capcom costume in FP1 except the two MH costumes (and then moving onto Namco costumes) is awfully fishy.

Another explanation for this could be that they wanted to sync MH up with Rise's release though, which really only applies if they do show up tomorrow.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Aside from MH, I'm also giving Euden the funny eye. DL and XC2 are both recent Nintendo games, are action RPGs, and have gacha systems that involve assigning party members a partner. There's a fair bit of similarities, like with the Squid Sisters and Min Min's wave. I'm betting on him for this wave.

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord

Not just because they're a character who really does seem to have everything going for them, but because we may not / probably would not be getting anyone new from Capcom and that just makes me really sad to think about.

All my money is down on Lloyd returning tomorrow anyway, doubly so because of Namco's connection to the "Xeno" series at large.
Even if Monster Hunter is disconfirmed, there are plenty of other Capcom characters with a fighting chance. Phoenix, Dante, Chun-Li, Arthur, Amaterasu, etc. I might just be a silly dumb dumb, but Monster Hunter never felt like the clear frontrunner anyways. Not until recently, at least.
Doubtful on that last part.

If we get the MonHun costumes back, I think more people would chalk it up as "Oh, they're just spreading out the remaining costumes."

If Heihachi and Gil were still missing, then people would 100% be expecting someone from Namco, but with the first two just being tossed in as filler, ehhhh.
I find that logic interesting. If anything, Heihachi and Gil being released back to back, only for Lloyd (who is arguably the most popular of the three) to still be missing should make people even more confident in his chances. It’s not like Heihachi and Gil would need to be released alongside Lloyd anyways. There are always plenty of other Miis that they could release with him.

With all that said, I’m still expecting to see Lloyd’s costume tomorrow.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Even if Monster Hunter is disconfirmed, there are plenty of other Capcom characters with a fighting chance. Phoenix, Dante, Chun-Li, Arthur, Amaterasu, etc. I might just be a silly dumb dumb, but Monster Hunter never felt like the clear frontrunner anyways. Not until recently, at least.
I've considered Monster Hunter the frontrunner since it was confirmed that ARMS was getting a character, personally.

But I'm working more on the logic that if we dry out the Capcom costumes, it feels unlikely that they have a Capcom character in store. That hasn't been proven wrong yet - of course it could be, but it will make me a lot less confident in the possibility of seeing anything new from them.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Geno took a pass and a half because was lumped in with a second Square Enix character, which several people such as myself were speculating for that exact reason.

A similar train of thought is where my hope in another Capcom character is founded, through the absence of both Monster Hunter costumes - be it MH themselves or someone different, but releasing every single Capcom costume in FP1 except the two MH costumes (and then moving onto Namco costumes) is awfully fishy.

Another explanation for this could be that they wanted to sync MH up with Rise's release though, which really only applies if they do show up tomorrow.
I mean other than that every Mii Costume takes longer to comeback and the thought process always happened that "it's now or never", tho considering that the Mii costume is just an armor not a specific character they could comeback with the same series.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I'm just going to predict:

Rex costume universally avaible now
Another Xenoblade 2 costume
Red Koopa Shell
Crash
Ryu Hayabusa

Speculation will go crazy if this happens.

Another thing to note about Lloyd's costume is that in 4, Kosuke had to be consulted about it.

Red Koopa Shell
Adrianette Bromide Adrianette Bromide your time has come

Shroob

Sup?

I find that logic interesting. If anything, Heihachi and Gil being released back to back, only for Lloyd (who is arguably the most popular of the three) to still be missing should make people even more confident in his chances. It’s not like Heihachi and Gil would need to be released alongside Lloyd anyways. There are always plenty of other Miis that they could release with him.

As others have said, it's the logic of "If there's a Namco character in the pass, why wouldn't they save them for that character?"

Joker got only Sega costumes.

Hero got only SE costumes, albeit new ones.

Geno and Chocobo, who could have launched alongside Hero, since Hero only came with 4 costumes, did not, and launched with Sephiroth... another SE character.

If there was going to be a Namco character in this pass, why wouldn't they save them? It's very much why if, Monster Hunter gets shown off tomorrow, almost everyone here is writing off Capcom as dead in the water.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that the website had a new update. It's labelled as 2130. The latest update item I can find is the notice for Version 10.1.0, which is labelled as 2117. Usually, the skipped items would be filled like this:

2118 Version 11.0.0 Coming Soon
2119 Software update available: Ver. 11.0.0
2120 Pyra/Mythra Challenger Pack Available for Purchase
2121 Fighters Pass Vol. 2 available for purchase! (Content update ④)
2122 Mii Costume 1
2123 Mii Costume 2
2124 Mii Costume 3
2125 Mii Costume 4
2126 Mii Costume 5
2127 Mii Costume 6
2130 Exclusive offer for Nintendo Switch Online members

I'm not sure what these two leftover items are. There hasn't been any Mii Costume wave with more than six costumes, right? I wonder if we're getting something like the Sephiroth Challenge tomorrow.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

For the Monster Hunter bit, I think it's a case of "if Capcom was getting a rep, why didn't they wait until then?". Essentially, the fate of Capcom in DLC hinges on those costumes.

As for Lloyd, somewhat similar, but it's more people KNOW the costume is coming back because Heihachi and Gil came back. Ergo, why WOULDN'T Lloyd come back too? A matter of when, not if...

Shroob

Sup?
I noticed that the website had a new update. It's labelled as 2130. The latest update item I can find is the notice for Version 10.1.0, which is labelled as 2117. Usually, the skipped items would be filled like this:

2122 Mii Costume 1
2123 Mii Costume 2
2124 Mii Costume 3
2125 Mii Costume 4
2126 Mii Costume 5
2127 Mii Costume 6

I'm not sure what these two leftover items are. There hasn't been any Mii Costume wave with more than six costumes, right? I wonder if we're getting something like the Sephiroth Challenge tomorrow.
Ooooh, something extra?

Something we have no idea what it could be?

That's exciting to see.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
As others have said, it's the logic of "If there's a Namco character in the pass, why wouldn't they save them for that character?"

Joker got only Sega costumes.

Hero got only SE costumes, albeit new ones.

Geno and Chocobo, who could have launched alongside Hero, since Hero only came with 4 costumes, did not, and launched with Sephiroth... another SE character.

If there was going to be a Namco character in this pass, why wouldn't they save them? It's very much why if, Monster Hunter gets shown off tomorrow, almost everyone here is writing off Capcom as dead in the water.
To be fair, Joker's pack also had more Persona Miis than general Sega Miis. Generally, it seems like the same-company thing is mainly reserved for the same series (With the exception of Terry, who's home series and owning company have a lot less separation than most). That, and the Virtua Fighters were saved for Terry's pack even though we already got a Sega character. While same-company Miis do tend to be saved for the corresponding fighter, I don't think they necessarily need to come with said fighter. Maybe they just wanted to spread out the returning Miis as much as they could.

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair, Joker's pack also had more Persona Miis than general Sega Miis. Generally, it seems like the same-company thing is mainly reserved for the same series (With the exception of Terry, who's home series and owning company have a lot less separation than most). That, and the Virtua Fighters were saved for Terry's pack even though we already got a Sega character. While same-company Miis do tend to be saved for the corresponding fighter, I don't think they necessarily need to come with said fighter. Maybe they just wanted to spread out the returning Miis as much as they could.
Does make me wonder if it's possible to ever get more than 6 Miis. 6 seems to be the max that they're going for.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

2122 Mii Costume 1
2123 Mii Costume 2
2124 Mii Costume 3
2125 Mii Costume 4
2126 Mii Costume 5
2127 Mii Costume 6

At this time, 6 has the been the maximum amount of Miis throughout Ultimate's DLC history. Smash For did have 7 costume waves, but they were also bundle options, something not in Ultimate.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Does make me wonder if it's possible to ever get more than 6 Miis. 6 seems to be the max that they're going for.
Yeah, it does seem like they prefer to stay around the 4-6 range. Guess they just want to keep things balanced, so they don't run out of Miis by blowing them all on one wave.

Side note, I checked back and learned we also got a Teddie hat with Joker. Forgot he existed; For a while, I just though there was only five.

7NATOR

Smash Master

2122 Mii Costume 1
2123 Mii Costume 2
2124 Mii Costume 3
2125 Mii Costume 4
2126 Mii Costume 5
2127 Mii Costume 6

I believe Smash 4 did have waves that came with more than 6 costumes, but to be fair, How Smash 4 was handled and how Smash Ultiamte was handled are 2 Entirely different things

I believe one of the things, if we do come with 6 New Costumes (that you cannot purchase currently in Ultimate), is that in addition to those 6, we have the Rex Costume Purchasable separately now. They could theoretically do that same thing with Ancient Armor, which would fill those 2 slots

It's also possible that they do want to return both Monster Hunter and Lloyd in this pack, and Since Monster Hunter is 2 costumes, that will take some Space.

They could also start doing something new like New Alternate Costumes and such. I know there were rumors about Gooigi and Mrs. PAC-MAN, though they do come from sources that aren't seen as most credible

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So if it’s 6...

here’s my predictions
  • Lora (Brawler)
  • Mecha-Fiora (Swordfighter)
  • Lloyd (Swordfighter)
  • Monster Hunter Vanilla Armor (Swordfighter)
  • Monster Hunter Rathalos Armor (Swordfighter)
  • The Knight from Hollow Knight (PreMiium Swordfighter, comes with Sealed Vessel remix)

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
I think sword characters are hella fun and they piss a lot of Smash fans off so good on Nintendo for continuing to suggest them.
I like sword characters for those reasons, but also because they can stab people
Super Sonic Stabbers.png

I'm a simple man. You can do all these fancy moves with fire and ice (neither ain't so nice, not to mention troubles with sparks and bubbles), fancy twists and flips and weapon tosses and whatever, but nothing beats a good old fashioned Wilkin's Coffee stab in the dark.

SNEKeater

Smash Master

Yeah. If with 11 new DLC characters, where most of them so far have been third party picks, we don't get another Capcom character, I'd be kinda disappointed.

Like, that would make me more sad than not getting one of my most wanteds lol

2122 Mii Costume 1
2123 Mii Costume 2
2124 Mii Costume 3
2125 Mii Costume 4
2126 Mii Costume 5
2127 Mii Costume 6

So we're getting 6 costumes? I'd be surprised if not even one of those are from Xenoblade.

Prediction:
  • Zeke
  • Jin
  • KOS-MOS
  • Lloyd
  • Indie character (Shovel Knight, Quote, Madeline...)
  • Retro character

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I think if we get a MonHun costume it will only be 1 because 3 costumes left and 3 characters left is too perfect and it would bother me if that wasn't the case. :4pacman:

Last edited:

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
I will go with the low key prediction that the 6th Mii Costume is just rex mii, the rest are

Zeke
Morag
Lloyd
Tiki
Kos-Mos or Elma

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My 5 Mii Choices: