• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritishGuy54

Smash Journeyman
Honestly for the last two fighters, I can see a Platforming Rep at E3. It will either be Crash or Eggman.

I’m not too sure about CP11, but I’m leaning to it being a Third Party, as Nintendo have either already represented their franchises they want to push (Arms, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem), or have been spirit evented (Paper Mario (F), Pokemon, Astral Chain, Hyrule Warriors).

I can’t see Monster Hunter getting in at all (he’ll probably get mii costumed in the coming weeks), Lloyd could get costumed like Hunter, or when CP10 or 11 are revealed.

Profile Theory is dead in the water, as Pyra/Mythra are now in (hooray, A Character I actually wanted other than Steve).

I really can’t see any more RPG reps coming... it’s sad, but in my honest opinion, it is about time for a platforming rep.

DOOM really does have a shot, but may need to be toned down to co-operate with CERO/ESRB/PEGI, for other reasons besides ‘boobas’.

I think we could get a double reveal at E3, as we now have the opportunity for quite the gap between CP9 and 10.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Acerola is about to send in a Dhelmise
"Um...A what now?"

Legit, that was the first time that I had ever not known what a Pokémon was before seeing it in game.
Oml, same here! The decisions GF made surrounding this mon are baffling.

I'll give my choices for each Generation.

Gen 1: No one; I'd rather not have a pokemon at all if it were limited to Gen 1. They get enough representation and attention.
Gen 2: Typhlosion, my favorite Gen 2 Pokemon
Gen 3: Not a super big fan of this gen either, but if forced to choose one from here, then I'd go with Gardevoir
Gen 4: Empoleon, Infernape, Garchomp, or Gallade
Gen 5: Emboar, Excadrill, Seismatoad, Krookadile, Darmanitan, Zoroark, Mienshao, Gothitelle, or Bisharp I'd be down with
Gen 6: Honestly can't think of any that I think would be cool to add....Delphox I guess?
Gen 7: Lycanroc (Midnight), Lurantis, or Kommo-o
Gen 8: Any Starter, Zarude, Toxicitry, Calyrex & Glastrier/Spectrier (involved in combos or something), Urshifu, Grimmsnarl, Obstagoon, or Dragapault

Honestly though, I'd settle for just having a wave of like 10-15 new Pokeball pokemon put in to represent Gen 8.
That's a lot of mons. I just have to say I absolutely hate Delphox, I think it's so ugly. It's like GF purposefully made Chestnaught and Delphox as ugly as possible so they could further promote Greninja.

I'd say Cinderace only because I like its soccer theme and think it would be a neat fit.

it totally has nothing to do with anything else, no sirie :4pacman:
Sus a f

These guys are on my Smash Wishlist: (Hatty as Mii Costume though)

Chief and Phoenix are also among my most wanted :079:

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Speaking of Gengar and other random pokemon no one expects for Smash, I have a question for everyone - If the next Smash fighter DLC had to be a Pokemon, but you got to choose which one it was, what Pokemon would you choose?

My all time favorite Pokemon are Reuniclus and Quagsire, but I'd probably pick my 3rd favorite Krookadile since Gen V always needs more love and he probably looks the best of my favorite in an actual fighting game.
Probably Darkrai or Gengar.
Smash is sorely missing a primary Ghost/Dark type (yes I know Incineroar has Secondary Dark, don’t really care.)
These two are my personal favorite Pokemon so I’d be pretty happy with having them.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ngl, I kinda love how this phrase implies the person managing a social media account lacks consciousness most of the time and just has temporary lapses every once in a while.

Like, companies don't hire people for PR, they strap them to a machine and keep them comatose while some bot hijacks their body or something. :roll:
Unpaid Intern is a brainwashed slave to nintendo, the Bloody Tears incident and the SNK leak were cries for help.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Smash Megaman just looks so clean. I was so ecstatic during his reveal trailer when he showed up with his iconic look, as I much prefer this to X.

Haha, our tastes don't align at all! I suppose I'd be pretty down for Nightmare or Gengar though, and gun to my head, I'd choose Kerrigan if we must have a Blizzard character. Best of luck all the same, though.

Yeah the Crits aren't a deal breaker for me, it's mostly the down B Menu system that turns me off playing him. I didn't really think about the tipper mechanic being crits, since their Final smash are crits, but that kinda makes sense I suppose.

Speaking of Gengar and other random pokemon no one expects for Smash, I have a question for everyone - If the next Smash fighter DLC had to be a Pokemon, but you got to choose which one it was, what Pokemon would you choose?

My all time favorite Pokemon are Reuniclus and Quagsire, but I'd probably pick my 3rd favorite Krookadile since Gen V always needs more love and he probably looks the best of my favorite in an actual fighting game.
Ha. My tastes are pretty broad so maybe I share some of your favorites. What characters do you want to see the most?

There are a lot of other Pokémon I would love to see. My favorites from each generation are Gengar, Houndoom, Seviper, Gliscor, Cofagrigus, Clawitzer, Golisopod, and Orbeetle. Any of those would be awesome.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Honestly for the last two fighters, I can see a Platforming Rep at E3. It will either be Crash or Eggman.

I’m not too sure about CP11, but I’m leaning to it being a Third Party, as Nintendo have either already represented their franchises they want to push (Arms, Xenoblade, Fire Emblem), or have been spirit evented (Paper Mario (F), Pokemon, Astral Chain, Hyrule Warriors).

I can’t see Monster Hunter getting in at all (he’ll probably get mii costumed in the coming weeks), Lloyd could get costumed like Hunter, or when CP10 or 11 are revealed.

Profile Theory is dead in the water, as Pyra/Mythra are now in (hooray, A Character I actually wanted other than Steve).

I really can’t see any more RPG reps coming... it’s sad, but in my honest opinion, it is about time for a platforming rep.

DOOM really does have a shot, but may need to be toned down to co-operate with CERO/ESRB/PEGI, for other reasons besides ‘boobas’.

I think we could get a double reveal at E3, as we now have the opportunity for quite the gap between CP9 and 10.
I don't really see how Doom would even need to be censored (unless Nintendo cares about base game content, then he wouldn't get in to begin with). He would just do all his normal, violent things but instead of bleeding and exploding their guts out, his opponents in Smash would have some animated pixels and get knocked away like they do when hit by any other attack in Smash. Even the chainsaw is fine, it'd just be a bog standard multi-hit melee attack.

Ha. My tastes are pretty broad so maybe I share some of your favorites. What characters do you want to see the most?

There are a lot of other Pokémon I would love to see. My favorites from each generation are Gengar, Houndoom, Seviper, Gliscor, Cofagrigus, Clawitzer, Golisopod, and Orbeetle. Any of those would be awesome.
Copying my post from another page on this thread -
"Dream lineup for me would be 2/3 of these categories

1. Sharp dressed man (Phoenix Wright or Kiryu Kazuma)
2. Degenerate weeb **** (Reimu Hakurei / Hatsune Miku / Haruka Amami)
3. USA Green Spaceman (Master Chief / Doomslayer)

Ideal for me would be not getting 2 from the same category since I like seeing various types of characters, but of course I wouldn't be against it."

Last edited:

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
Ngl, I kinda love how this phrase implies the person managing a social media account lacks consciousness most of the time and just has temporary lapses every once in a while.

Like, companies don't hire people for PR, they strap them to a machine and keep them comatose while some bot hijacks their body or something. :roll:
That sounds like some ****ed up doctor who serial.

''he's controlling their minds, Brigadier!''

''MUST. PROMOTE. MARIO.''

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
My favorite example of this is how Undertale the Musical made MEGALOVANIA a huge, bombastic orchestral piece with Sans's voice actor switching between yelling and growling. Taking it completely seriously, not reflecting Sans's blasé attitude during the fight at all.
I personally liked that, but yeah they could've done a better job with his humorous side; even if Sans is clearly upset about stuff and is trying to take it at least a little seriously for justice, he's still trying to be the funny comic relief, trying to always keep his smile and humor.

I guess the kind of edgy I mainly dislike is where Sans is portrayed as overly eager to beat up the kid or is straight-up evil. While it's funny in some things like "The Sans Song," you then have very edgy stuff like the original versions of Underfell (I think there's some nicer versions where the characters are more like Robbie Rotten-levels of evil) and then there's Dusttale, and some of the fandom just making him edgy in general I guess. The stuff where he's focused on getting justice is at least fitting based on some dialogue, though it would be nice if they didn't scrub his comical side.

I'd choose Gengar or Meowth & Team Rocket (Jessie and James).

Gengar is among my top 3; Meowth is among my top 10, and he + Team Rocket would be cool. Gengar could have cool ghost and poison moves.

Last edited:

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it makes sense to consider the List status of the characters that way. You can't just exclude Hero, he happened in the first pass. Also if Sephiroth counts as an A-List, I'd argue Minecraft counts as SS-List then.

We don't know the amount of money it takes to add a character or the negotiations involved at all, it's not worth speculation. You can just as easily assume 3rd parties also sell more in general but that doesn't stop Nintendo from adding first parties.

What I mean is that I wouldn't really count Plant, but if you do, Mythra also counts. She's a completely different numbered fighter and also in the pass:
1st parties: :ultpiranha::ultbyleth::ultminmin:ultpyra: :ultzss: [❔]
3rd parties: :ultjoker::ulthero::ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry::ultsteve::ultsephiroth:[❔]

No matter how you order it then, one group would have more fighters. So I believe it could go either way and this theory doesn't end up really working.

Still a possibility to keep in mind though.
Mythra and pyra are the same character on character select

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I don't really see how Doom would even need to be censored (unless Nintendo cares about base game content, then he wouldn't get in to begin with). He would just do all his normal, violent things but instead of bleeding and exploding their guts out, his opponents in Smash would have some animated pixels and get knocked away like they do when hit by any other attack in Smash. Even the chainsaw is fine, it'd just be a bog standard multi-hit melee attack.

Copying my post from another page on this thread -
"Dream lineup for me would be 2/3 of these categories

1. Sharp dressed man (Phoenix Wright or Kiryu Kazuma)
2. Degenerate weeb **** (Reimu Hakurei / Hatsune Miku / Haruka Amami)
3. USA Green Spaceman (Master Chief / Doomslayer)

Ideal for me would be not getting 2 from the same category since I like seeing various types of characters, but of course I wouldn't be against it."
Doomslayer is badass and I’d love to see him get in. He is also very deserving for revolutionizing the FPS genre. I have no issues with the others either but they aren’t among my most wanted.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Pyra/Mythra are literally just the new Sheik/Zelda. One slot, two characters. Except Pyra/Mythra, unlike Sheik/Zelda, seems to be designed around that fact so they are probably much better together while Sheik/Zelda are much better separate. Which is a very exciting concept.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Now that we only have 2 unknown slots for FP2, what's everyone's thoughts on it? Is it worth it? Is it not?
I mean, I think each character so far was done quite well, so year. Its also a good deal

Anywho, here's a fun discussion topic. Make a trailer for your most wanted. Here is mine.

The trailer starts off with the old school costumes fighting like in the Smash 64 commercial. Probably with some generic music for obvious reasons. Then, a certain someone interrupts the proceeding fight.

Similar to the Duck Hunt trailer, it transitions then into CGI, and the tagline Crash Bandicoot Crashes the Party! would appear.

Obviously, they might not do a trailer like this and go with something else, but I think this would be a super cool trailer idea.

Pillow

Smash Lord
Now that we only have 2 unknown slots for FP2, what's everyone's thoughts on it? Is it worth it? Is it not?
I bought it at the beginning. Even if I hated every character in FP2, I can't stand not having the complete roster. I enjoy this series to the point where I can spend hours perusing the content of a fan forum, so the extra $25 bucks to support its developers is nothing.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I think its absolutely worth it. Steve and Sephiroth are amazing icons and additions worth the price of admission alone.
Pyra and Mythra having the swap mechanic makes them worth it as well to me.
Yeah these three additions are amazing to this 5 challenger pass.
what do you mean theres six fighters?

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I mean, I think each character so far was done quite well, so year. Its also a good deal

Anywho, here's a fun discussion topic. Make a trailer for your most wanted. Here is mine.

The trailer starts off with the old school costumes fighting like in the Smash 64 commercial. Probably with some generic music for obvious reasons. Then, a certain someone interrupts the proceeding fight.

Similar to the Duck Hunt trailer, it transitions then into CGI, and the tagline Crash Bandicoot Crashes the Party! would appear.

Obviously, they might not do a trailer like this and go with something else, but I think this would be a super cool trailer idea.
I had this exact thought. I really hope they go with this if Crash makes it in.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

As a 90s kid I would prefer if Sonic and Banjo were in there somewhere but I do really love this idea.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Pretty positive. Granted, I'm the kind of guy where you'd have to actively try to disappoint, at least the way Smash is going. I've enjoyed everyone thus far, and Pyra and Mythra look to be the same.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I would of liked it if they just told us everyone from the start but I only bought who I liked and skipped who I didn't like anyway so maybe what I say doesn't matter

Last edited:

Pillow

Smash Lord

You can choose not to believe me if you want, I don't care, but my dad is Masahiro Sakurai and this is how the character reveal for tomorrow will go down. Don't @ me. It'll open up where the Ridley trailer left off, with Ridley standing victorious over Samus. Just as he's about to land the final blow you hear a clicking sound...is it Master Chief? Doomguy? Nah it's neither, the sound is jail bars enclosed around Ridley. The next moment Ridley finds himself at the witness stand when Phoenix Wright reveals himself as his lawyer. The word "Phoenix Wright Preps his Defense" appears in the zoom-in shot and Cornered! begins playing.

Oh, and the last two characters after Phoenix are Crash Bandicoot and SirFetch'd with a Scrooge McDuck echo.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I think its absolutely worth it. Steve and Sephiroth are amazing icons and additions worth the price of admission alone.
Pyra and Mythra having the swap mechanic makes them worth it as well to me.
Yeah these three additions are amazing to this 5 challenger pass.
what do you mean theres six fighters?
I'mma 'bout to blow your mind with 7 fighters.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Smash Megaman just looks so clean. I was so ecstatic during his reveal trailer when he showed up with his iconic look, as I much prefer this to X.

Haha, our tastes don't align at all! I suppose I'd be pretty down for Nightmare or Gengar though, and gun to my head, I'd choose Kerrigan if we must have a Blizzard character. Best of luck all the same, though.

Yeah the Crits aren't a deal breaker for me, it's mostly the down B Menu system that turns me off playing him. I didn't really think about the tipper mechanic being crits, since their Final smash are crits, but that kinda makes sense I suppose.

I would with my personal favorite Ariados, which wouldn't happen in basically any other circumstance. Unless we had Guzma with 3 Pokemon in the same vein as :ultpokemontrainer:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I can‘t put an objective value of “worth” on this pass, since the appeal of the pass of course depends on personal taste. So far I’d say it’s more geared towards expanding the limits of a Smash moveset than a all-round great batch of characters, but Steve and Sepiroth are a great core and Sepiroth especially is designed wonderfully.
The more limitless approach towards Min “Literally 2D ARMS“ Mintendo and Steve “They really put Minecraft in one Smash moveset” Minecraft doesn’t always translate to a fluid execution but they’re definitely a fun expansion on the Ultimate Smash Bros that strenghtens the weakest links and expands throughout.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
I want Salamence because it's one of my favourite Pokemon.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The only scary thing with each character is the Mii Costumes. Like, I love them, don’t get me wrong but for every wave that releases and Hayabusa isn’t in I do develop a certain sense of anxiety about them. I don’t THINK Hayabusa would be a character they would choose for a Mii but even still I do have this fear.

Love the reveals when it’s characters that are probably never evers getting Mii’d like Sans, Cuphead, and Vault Boy but damn does it suck when we get someone like Altaïr or Travis.

D

Deleted member

Oml, same here! The decisions GF made surrounding this mon are baffling.

That's a lot of mons. I just have to say I absolutely hate Delphox, I think it's so ugly. It's like GF purposefully made Chestnaught and Delphox as ugly as possible so they could further promote Greninja.

Sus a f

Chief and Phoenix are also among my most wanted :079:
I didn't mean to say I'd add ALL of them; i just meant that I'd be ok with any 1 of those being a new addition lol

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The only scary thing with each character is the Mii Costumes. Like, I love them, don’t get me wrong but for every wave that releases and Hayabusa isn’t in I do develop a certain sense of anxiety about them. I don’t THINK Hayabusa would be a character they would choose for a Mii but even still I do have this fear.

Love the reveals when it’s characters that are probably never evers getting Mii’d like Sans, Cuphead, and Vault Boy but damn does it suck when we get someone like Altaïr or Travis.
Well at least you can rest easy this time knowing it's pretty much just going to be Lloyd and a bunch of Xenoblade Chronicles characters.

Lyncario

Smash Ace

I'd go for Bisharp, since it's my second favorite pokemon after Lucario, but also because he would be a pokemon that represent gen 5.

Pillow

Smash Lord

I really like playing the Miis in general, so I'm happy with any "full" Mii costume. I just wish there were more of them. Give us Shovel Knight, Ori, Hollow Knight, Quote, Sakuna, Geno, every gaming character with a big head on a small body!

For every character that doesn't have a chibi silhouette, yeah getting costumed sucks.

Last edited:

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
I really like playing the Miis in general, so I'm happy with any "full" Mii costume. I just wish there were more of them. Give us Shovel Knight, Ori, Hollow Knight, Quote, Sakuna, Geno, every gaming character with a big head on a small body!
Shovel Knight is the easiest Mii Costume lol. Just give the Mii's an Updated Assist Trophy Model, add a Music Track, and we're good.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I really wish they had gone with the deluxe treatment with every Mii outfit. It still feels wrong to me playing as a Mii in cosplay with the basic ones. I think Disgaea would make for a pretty solid Mii outfit. I could imagine a deluxe Laharl and Etna would look pretty good.

JustPlainDan

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of Gengar and other random pokemon no one expects for Smash, I have a question for everyone - If the next Smash fighter DLC had to be a Pokemon, but you got to choose which one it was, what would you choose?
Gengar is my favorite Ghost type, so that would be really cool NGL; if I was in the position of having to pick one from Gen 8, I’d go with Grimmsnarl (favorite of the new ones), although Grovyle would have the appeal of being the 2nd Grass starter and would be a nice nod to PMD

Last edited:

jadetheseer

Smash Cadet

We see Richter at the gates of Dracula’s castle, cracking his whip and entering. From there we get a quick montage of him fighting enemies and traversing the castle, set to some classic Castlevania music. Finally, he gets to Dracula’s throne room. “DRACULA, I HAVE COME TO VANQUISH YOU!”

However, Richter notices that Dracula is already defeated and lying on the floor in his final form. Lounging on top of him is a certain white-haired demon hunter enjoying a slice of pizza.

“Oh hey, what’s up?”

DANTE STARTS THE PARTY!

Then we’d get some gameplay footage showing him off. At the end of the trailer would be a fight between Bayonetta and Dante on the top of Temen-ni-gru with rain pouring down on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom