• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZelDan

Smash Master
If any assist gets promoted to DLC. It's going to be Waluigi.

No ifs or buts.
See, this mindset here bothers me more than whether people think ATs are possible or that none are possible.

It's basically saying, perhaps not intentionally, that Waluigi is the only AT'd character with any sort of popularity, merit, or value whatsoever, which is completely false. I mean, it'd be one thing to think that Waluigi is perhaps the MOST LIKELY, since Waluigi is admittedly very high up there in terms of popularity, and being associated with Mario helps. but to say that Waluigi is the ONLY AT character who could get promoted, if AT promotions are indeed a possibility, is ridiculous to me. It's not like becoming an AT made Isaac's or Shovel Knight's demand or Smash 4 ballot performance magically poof out of existence, or that becoming an AT stopped Megaman Zero or Alucard from being some of the most popular characters within the very popular Megaman and Castlevania series, respectively.

Either ATs are on the table or NO ATs are on the table, none of the "only this AT character is viable and none else" nonsense.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Nah, it would be Tails or Knuckles due to how Eggman's Appeal was E V I S C E R A T E D ! by Sephiroth lol.
Me: "Dr. Eggman would be cool."
Sephiroth: exists
Me: "Eggman? Ew what a lame character!"

Eggman may be a boss too but that doesn't mean they'd be incapable of selling people on him.
EDIT: More accurately, being a boss isn't his only selling point.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Only if he comes with his timeskip look:
View attachment 300675
While his timeskip look is cool, Isaac's Dark Dawn form is well in his 30s/40s, whereas his normal look everybody wants him in is yet to be an adult. It's nowhere near the situation as Ike where Ike's Radiant Dawn look is only 3 years older than his Path of Radiance look.

And yeah, Felix and Matthew could be possible alts for Isaac, due to all three of them being similar gameplay-wise.

Instead of Isaac, instead, we get his son Matthew as among the three final DLC fighters.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind. Matthew has the better outfit, imo. The big problem to me would be that Isaac would probably have better stage options.
And his game's a little cleaner.

Though if we're going Dark Dawn, I want Eoleo
GSEoleo.jpg
While his timeskip look is cool, Isaac's Dark Dawn form is well in his 30s/40s, whereas his normal look everybody wants him in is yet to be an adult. It's nowhere near the situation as Ike where Ike's Radiant Dawn look is only 3 years older than his Path of Radiance look.

And yeah, Felix and Matthew could be possible alts for Isaac, due to all three of them being similar gameplay-wise.
Technically, he's physically in his early twenties for dumb plot reasons and he grew out a beard specifically to look older. But yeah, he also wields an Ike-sized sword in Golden Dawn, so it sadly wouldn't really work well as an alt anyway.

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
It does seem kinda strange to introduce a company to Smash with ancillery stuff like spirits before giving them a character. It'd be like we got the Octopath Traveler or Mana spirits before we even got Cloud or Hero.
Yeah, stuff like this is just weird.

It's not like with Ubisoft, where they blew their load early and released content from 3 of their major series (Rayman, Rabbids, Altair's Creed). Arcsys just put Kunio Spirits.......and that's it.

If im honest im on the camp that likely means they aren't interested in Smash enough to have a playable character, but this could easily be a first in which a company brings minor side content and later gets some major Content later. There's a first for everything i guess.

ARandomZoomer

Smash Apprentice
Me: "Dr. Eggman would be cool."
Sephiroth: exists
Me: "Eggman? Ew what a lame character!"

Eggman may be a boss too but that doesn't mean they'd be incapable of selling people on him.
EDIT: More accurately, being a boss isn't his only selling point.
Yeah... Joker, Hero, B&K, Terry, and Byleth are back to back main protags, but two villains in a row unthinkable :ultpacman:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Hello Yellow

Hello Yellow
Coldplay starts playing off in the distance.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Hello Yellow
I feel like this event might hurt someone's eyes...

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Hello Yellow
cries in no deconfirms

come onnnnnn we had a bloodbath at the start of this month that was EPIC why aren't there mooooore???

SKX31

Smash Master
Since when?

Last time I checked, Classic Sonic had been a playable sidekick in more games than Tails since Generations.

Sonic's Player 2 is literally himself.
The only thing that's remained constant though is the inconsistency - and that has not helped either Tails, Shadow, hell not even Classic Sonic now that Forces put a (however small or large) damper on his momentum. It's easy to play the Butterfly Effect / ATL (Alternate TimeLine) game of "If Shadow / Sonic 06 was good..." - and that would've been a very interesting game. But, in the end, that inconsistency makes it more difficult to truly call out a bonafide #2 behind Sonic.

Which in the end makes things Sakurai's call - and that's nearly-impossible to read really. Even if it makes things a bit more interesting since the outsider's perspective boils down to comparing Tails, Shadow, Knuckles and Eggman's respective merits really.

Hello Yellow
Have we had a Red Spirit Event yet? Seems like we should have had one. Nope, we've had Green, Black, Pink and Blue it seems.

(Thanks Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 )

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
cries in no deconfirms

come onnnnnn we had a bloodbath at the start of this month that was EPIC why aren't there mooooore???
You say that now, but I feel like you wouldn't be as excited if we got a random Xenosaga spirit event next week. (though the same thing goes for anyone with a spirit event that seemingly rules out one of their most-wanted characters)

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
cries in no deconfirms

New Spirits are the exception, not the rule, and most of them are for new releases anyways. The only exceptions there are Resident Evil, River City, and Cuphead, and even then the latter already had a Mii.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You say that now, but I feel like you wouldn't be as excited if we got a random Xenosaga spirit event next week. (though the same thing goes for anyone with a spirit event that seemingly rules out one of their most-wanted characters)
ehhhh touche

even so, it's more my ocd for obvious potential spirits that aren't there (like Undertale) or even a total unexpected spirit like Warframe

New Spirits are the exception, not the rule, and most of them are for new releases anyways. The only exceptions there are Resident Evil, River City, and Cuphead, and even then the latter already had a Mii.
the aforementioned Warframe is another exception

but even so, a lot of new releases missed the window and im kinda just :|

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
ehhhh touche

even so, it's more my ocd for obvious potential spirits that aren't there (like Undertale) or even a total unexpected spirit like Warframe

the aforementioned Warframe is another exception

but even so, a lot of new releases missed the window and im kinda just :|
I hope Balan Wonderworld gets a Spirit Event at least. I doubt a playable rep is happening...

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
still disagree.

1. Tails still consistantly has major roles while shadow often doesn't show up

2. Shadow's relationship to sonic is closer towards wario's relationship to mario. Tails is Sonic's sidekick, Shadow is Sonic's rival. Luigi is Mario's sidekick, Wario is Mario's rival
Gameplay speaking though, Shadow is the player 2 in terms of campaigns. The reason hes been passed over as of late is because theres been a greater focus on the classic series with Mania and Generations. Shadows big role in forces kinda proves this.
I feel like Shadow may had that role in the 2000s, but since the 2010s, the role has been passed back to Tails.
I feel that’s because of Mania and Generations imo. those games ride heavily on the classics. Forces kinda brought Shadow back as the Number 2, since he got his own DLC Episode.

To be clear though, if we did get a new Sonic character. I am 100% expecting Robotnik. I could see Shadow as an echo next game, but not as DLC currently.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
I feel that’s because of Mania and Generations imo. those games ride heavily on the classics. Forces kinda brought Shadow back as the Number 2, since he got his own DLC Episode.
And Colors. And Lost World. And Boom. Even Forces still had Tails in a large role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom