• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greyfox22

Smash Apprentice
If Krystal ever shows up in a proper Star Fox game again your heads are gonna spin at how fast her popularity skyrockets back to Brawl levels.

Of course that'd require actually getting a proper Star Fox game.
Maybe but I’m still struggling to understand why she’s popular in the first place. I mean, if anything I’m surprised fans don’t hold a grudge against her for coming from a game I generally see lots of hate towards. I hope her popularity isn’t why I think it is 🤢

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
You still denied 7NATOR's Shadow prediction as "questionable" while saying Eggman would be "neat"

Why have two different opinions on different characters on the same series when you'd think both of them would have the same roadblock of "why go for another Sonic rep when they could go for a different one?"

Especially when Sega themselves have already given out a bigger diversity when it comes to how many franchises has playable characters than any other third-party with Sonic, Bayonetta and technically Joker due to owning Atlus, so it's not like they haven't taken stuff from other IPs already.

I'd get it if Sonic already had two or three characters right now, but it's just Sonic, so I don't see the harm in adding a new one.
Because Shadow has the additional roadblock of being an assist trophy? Like I said in my post?

I feel like I'm being misconstrued and made fun of.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Are those Centro Pokémon Leaks dudes legit? Joe Serebii seems to be saying they just take from other people on discord/4chan and make some baseless claims.

Though, new remakes still have a good chance anyway.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Maybe but I’m still struggling to understand why she’s popular in the first place. I mean, if anything I’m surprised fans don’t hold a grudge against her for coming from a game I generally see lots of hate towards. I hope her popularity isn’t why I think it is 🤢
You can have a good character in a bad game. There's probably not much more to it than that. The additional appearances probably help a lot as well.

Also I don't think sex appeal gets you that far in this community so it's probably not solely that.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Are those Centro Pokémon Leaks dudes legit? Joe Serebii seems to be saying they just take from other people on discord/4chan and make some baseless claims.

Except I don't see it because of both the pandemic and the anniversary. I think that we're either going to get something much simpler or something much larger in scope.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Because Shadow has the additional roadblock of being an assist trophy? Like I said in my post?

I feel like I'm being misconstrued and made fun of.
I personally don't think being an Assist Trophy is inherently a roadblock for characters getting in more than Nintendo simply being interested in adding more new stuff. In other words, they're not shtting on ATs just because they're ATs like we are.

Besides, with how popular some of these ATs are, they'd be dumb to not at least consider the idea of promoting one. Whether they do it or not is another story, but they could at least see that it could bring money, even if they don't commit to the idea.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I've got a discussion thread for Reese Worthington if anyone wants to check that out.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
If Krystal ever shows up in a proper Star Fox game again your heads are gonna spin at how fast her popularity skyrockets back to Brawl levels.

Of course that'd require actually getting a proper Star Fox game.
Plot twist: she gets her own game.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if you're aware of this but the fact that you immediately segued into the image instead of using line breaks to space it out enhances the power of this post by a large margin
Yes, that was 100% intentional. I totally meant to do that. I definitely didn’t struggle with the image tool for half a minute before hoping it would work.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

kylexv

Smash Master

Centro ended up leaking some of the new Pokemon in Crown Tundra a couple days before release. Still don't know how they got pictures from Pokemon Home before the update but still.

Besides, Gen 4 remakes coming this year are almost as obvious as Hero's inclusion as DLC in Ultimate.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

I feel like at this point, everyone and their mom is saying Gen IV remakes are coming, but that's probably just me.

Anyways, we're doing distractions now? Um...

Look everyone! More proof that Balan Wonderworld is a family game!

(Please get Balan Wonderworld when it comes out, I want this game to succeed).

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Besides, Gen 4 remakes coming this year are almost as obvious as Hero's inclusion as DLC in Ultimate.
Ah yes, back when no one contested that "brave" would be Hero.

There was never any one contesting it by saying banjoes were an instrument of bravery, or simply mentionning characters who had bravery as one of their big qualities.

Never ever :4pacman:

Hindsight is 20/20 in cases like these, imo.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I feel like at this point, everyone and their mom is saying Gen IV remakes are coming, but that's probably just me.

Anyways, we're doing distractions now? Um...

Look everyone! More proof that Balan Wonderworld is a family game!

(Please get Balan Wonderworld when it comes out, I want this game to succeed).
Seeing a game so SEGA being made by Square is still super jarring lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom