• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There has never been a Darkstalkers game released on Nintendo hardware before, has there?

Though I guess Morrigan kinda makes up for it by appearing in crossover games that have been on Nintendo, like Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Project X Zone.
Looks it up

Nope apparently not.

Not that it matters anyways.

:ultcloud: :ultsephiroth: :ultjoker::ultsnake:

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Looks it up

Nope apparently not.

Not that it matters anyways.

:ultcloud: :ultsephiroth: :ultjoker::ultsnake:
Eh, in regards to Cloud and Sephiroth, Final Fantasy itself has a huge history on Nintendo, it's just FF7 that didn't, and Cloud still made a handful of appearances on Nintendo like in Kingdom Hearts CoM and Theatrhythm. Neither he nor Sephiroth even feel that weird anymore considering you can now play the original FF7 on Switch anyways. Seph's page on the Smash website even links to its eShop page.

Snake also had games on NES, GB and GameCube before Brawl. Really I'd say the only guest character in Smash that's really pushing the "Nintendo courtesy" thing to its absolute limit is probably just Joker, considering all Persona had on Switch prior to his announcement were two obscure Etrian Odyssey spinoffs on 3DS, which were so inconsequential that it makes you wonder if Nintendo would put in Joker anyways even if they didn't exist.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Another comment about Sephiroth...

it sort of reminds me of elements that could be part of Ganondorf.
The floating, and especially how he uses his magic...

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Dang. He really Megaton Punched Marx so hard that his kneecaps ceased to exist not only in the present, but also back in Kirby Super Star. Maybe instead of wishing for ultimate power, he should've asked for his kneecaps back...
ultimate power was his backup plan. He tried to retrive the kneecaps, but nova's power wasn't enough to bring them back. they were shattered across space, time, reality.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Wikipedia says the mainline games were on the following platforms:

so yeah rip a mainline Nintendo appearance

then again if Cloud and Joker didn’t need a mainline game on Nintendo systems to get in...
I mean Capcom's still pretty close to Nintendo and could easily get the rights. Either way, if we get Morrigan it's more than likely going to be mainly because of Morrigan and not Darkstalkers, which is kinda sorta largely forgotten beyond fighting game circles.

metalhydra273

Smash Apprentice
I mean Capcom's still pretty close to Nintendo and could easily get the rights. Either way, if we get Morrigan it's more than likely going to be mainly because of Morrigan and not Darkstalkers, which is kinda sorta largely forgotten beyond fighting game circles.
tbh though if we can't even get mai in as a cameo I highly doubt Nintendo would want to go after Morrigan of all the big capcom characters they could choose from.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Seriously.... I cannot remember the last time I thought a character was as cool as Sephy when I first played them. Maybe Piranha Plant but probably K Rool.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't forget she's also Capcom's Captain Falcon. Until further notice with a Darkstalkers 4, the series still lives in the Vs. Capcom games.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So whose everyone's most wanted Capcom rep?

I ask given the recent leak of Chun-Li.

For me it'd be Amaterasu/Phoenix Wright (Can't choose).

Momotsuki

Smash Champion

Sigma. We need MMX representation, Zero is dead as hell in regards to chances - assist trophy and Mii costume, oof - and X would be boring.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I think if Rex and Pyra (somehow) got in as Fighters, Pyra would ABSOLUTELY get an Updated Design, similar to Mythra. Mostly because that design in 3D could be problematic for CERO.
Pyra's design is really not anymore revealing than Zero Suit Samus' ending outfits. If ZSSamus' costumes did not pose a issue, it will hardly affect Pyra. Like they might make the shorts slightly bigger, but otherwise, if there's no issue with ZSSamus' showing skin, there won't be an issue with Pyra showing skin.

D

Deleted member

Assuming we got a Tales character, do y’all think Yuri or Lloyd would make it in? I’m leaning Yuri just because they’d be able to resell the Lloyd Mii & Yuri has more overall popularity, plus Vesperia DE is on Switch. It could easily go the other way around though.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Assuming we got a Tales character, do y’all think Yuri or Lloyd would make it in? I’m leaning Yuri just because they’d be able to resell the Lloyd Mii & Yuri has more overall popularity, plus Vesperia DE is on Switch. It could easily go the other way around though.
Given the current trend of returning Sm4sh Miis I bound to say Yuri coming with a Lloyd Mii costume.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Morrigan Aensland easily. Though I really want L. Raptor more, I'd be fine with the normal protagonist/mascot.

Jill Valentine is also a notable one for me. Also, Vega, my favorite Street Fighter character(to be clear, the Matador, for those who know them by different various names).

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Lloyd comes back with the Mii Costume. As a result of this, he's running around with no clothes and no hair.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311

Mine------

Resident Evil anyone.
It's their biggest franchise and an untapped genre. It wins for me.

Strife

Banned via Warnings

I said Akuma before but after watching this I'm not so sure https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CChu_SQWx00

Must Like Isabella they'd change two specials, most likely the Up B and Down B. Assuming Down B is Ashura Senku, its difficult to balance that move without it being crap or broken. In addition the problem with SF5 Akuma is that his V system is so dam boring, his V skills essentially doesn't need to be there on account of being another unimaginative counter after Sephiroth. His V Trigger is just unimpressive in a smash game, unless they want to make it borderline OP.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
i mean Crono's the last guy on the seven squares list to not appear yet, not counting Sora

feel like most if not all spirit events were to coincide with a recent release/rerelease tho
I’ve been meaning to bring this up especially since people involved with that leak claimed that Crono was “heard seriously” as Hero & Sephiroth were. He’s definitely a character I’m keeping an eye on; even more so if we get more characters past FP2.

To be fair, I am very biased towards the series given it’s one of my all time favorites, but i would certainly call the series popular. Not exactly an all-time chart topper, but the series has garnered three titles which is pretty significant. I’ve had plenty of friends outside of the Nintendo and even gaming sphere that have heard of Luigi’s mansion in great detail as well. I really think the series is genuinely pretty popular, more so than just a cult following.

though your point about the wahoominati is certainly a great point.
It actually is a chart topper. The original sold 2.5 mil, Dark Moon sold 5.45 mil & 3 has sold 7 mil so far. It’s really impressive tbh.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Chris Redfield
Frank West/Chuck Greene
Arthur
Phoenix Wright

Honestly I'd be good with any Capcom character... except Monster Hunter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom