• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Maybe characters like Waluigi, Sora, Master Chief, and Phoenix Wright I don't know.
Since they would not be part of a pass, they most likely wouldn't get much hype for their reveals; that leads me to the possibility that those 4 would be Echoes.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Since they would not be part of a pass, they most likely wouldn't get much hype for their reveals; that leads me to the possibility that those 4 would be Echoes.
No way in hell Waluigi, Sora, Master Chief, and Phoenix Wright could be Echos. Also, a Echo Pass at the end of the DLC cycle would seem pretty anticlimactic don't you think?

Hold up, Geno thread got nuked again? Nothing bad was even happening.
It's shut down permanently for this game.

Last edited:

cothero

Smash Lord
I really like the idea of having Chun-Li in smash, but Akuma seems a much better choice for me, personally.

And don't even tell me he would be another version of Ryu and Ken, cuz he isn't. :glare:

Firox

Smash Master
In fairness, the same thing happened with the Smash 4 Ridley thread. This isn't really new.
But didn't the Sm4sh Ridley thread just transition into the actual Ridley Social Thread? (Honest question, I'm not sure) If that was the case, at least the Ridley fans had somewhere to go. With the Geno thread destroyed, we've been scattered to the winds. Kind of seems unfair to me given how many other seemingly deconfirmed characters still have support threads. The reasoning offered pointed towards the occasional trolls and hecklers that would come in every so often, but is that a legit reason to scuttle the entire thread?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
If this doesn't happen in Dante's trailer I'll be disappointed.
I always thought a Dante reveal should involve Bayonetta in a main role, but after seeing this, I wouldn't be mad if they went this route for the trailer lmao

Though Square characters appearing in another CGI trailer that isn't about a SE character sounds unlikely, but maybe SE is more cool now for those things so it could happen. Pretty sure that Sakurai would reference Dante being impaled in some form anyway.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there will be a third fighter's pass but did Sakurai ever confirm that there would definitely not be one? I remember him saying there was no current plans for one but I keep seeing people act like he flat out said there won't be one. "No plans for one currently" is a lot different than "no there will not be one".

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
But didn't the Sm4sh Ridley thread just transition into the actual Ridley Social Thread? (Honest question, I'm not sure) If that was the case, at least the Ridley fans had somewhere to go. With the Geno thread destroyed, we've been scattered to the winds. Kind of seems unfair to me given how many other seemingly deconfirmed characters still have support threads. The reasoning offered pointed towards the occasional trolls and hecklers that would come in every so often, but is that a legit reason to scuttle the entire thread?
Yeah. It always gets bad there no matter what lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't think there will be a third fighter's pass but did Sakurai ever confirm that there would definitely not be one? I remember him saying there was no current plans for one but I keep seeing people act like he flat out said there won't be one. "No plans for one currently" is a lot different than "no there will not be one".
He said word for word, “currently no plans”. So yeah, make of that what you will but to me that can be subject to change

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't he said multiple times now that FP2 is gonna be it for this game? Besides. if more was coming after FP2, I think Nintendo would've made it pretty clear by now: They don't beat around the bush with post-launch content, if it's coming, they make sure people are aware ahead of time. If there's no word of a third pass by CP9, then I really do think CP11 will be Ultimate's final bow.

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
As far as I know Sakurai has said things to the effect of "There are no plans for more DLC" but not "There will be no more DLC". A subtle distinction, but a notable one.

ClaTheBae

Smash Master
As far as I know Sakurai has said things to the effect of "There are no plans for more DLC" but not "There will be no more DLC". A subtle distinction, but a notable one.
There’s really nothing stopping sakurai from letting someone else direct another fighter pass. I’m sure Nintendo would be down for it because it’s probably made them a **** ton of money

Faso115

Smash Lord
The perfect cap-off to this pass would be Dante having a cool trailer and being announced as the very last fighter.

Only for his trailer to conclude and you hear "foolishness Dante, this is the true power of Smash Bros"

And confirms Vergil for Fighter 12 and a new pass coming up.

Of course that would never happen but one can dream

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Its KH2 birthday today
The good part of being a Sora fan is that we're never gonna be deconfirmed by Mii Costumes or Spirit events.
We're either in or not. All or nothing with a heavy slide to "Nothing" :dedede:
Eaither way if sora just doesnt show up, we win because Sora wasnt killed off, just forgotten and being forgotton is better then dying
uZmU8p8.png

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
As far as FP3, with Sakurai’s description of his current work, I would assume this is it and be surprised when it happens. There isn’t much to go on in terms of if it will happen or not, but it seems as if right now it won’t be.

Also, while I am not a mod I would recommend reaching out to a mod if you have questions about the Geno thread and any users that were banned. Repeatedly mentioning it in a different thread is only going to derail discussion.

That said, welcome Geno thread bros! Happy to have you!

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
No way in hell Waluigi, Sora, Master Chief, and Phoenix Wright could be Echos. Also, a Echo Pass at the end of the DLC cycle would seem pretty anticlimactic don't you think?
Well, I don't think it'd have to be after FP2; it could be in the middle of it, and each echo could still be stand-alone DLC.

He said word for word, “currently no plans”. So yeah, make of that what you will but to me that can be subject to change
Ah, I didn't notice the "currently" part earlier. I guess there could be hope for another FP.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Wild to have two of the biggest threads on this site nuked within a couple days of each other, for different reasons and with different outcomes (one was simply nuked because size and was given a replacement thread right after, the other actually locked down for reasons to do with the thread itself and not given a replacement). Either way it's a new era for Smashboards, it's going to be one wild ride for the last remaining year of Smash DLC speculation.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Everything after Mega Man X5 doesn't count, is invalid and is bad. Mega Man X5 is the last game in the Mega Man X series.
X8 doesn't deserve this slander, its only crime is following X6 and X7 and otherwise it's a solid game that brings the subseries back to where it should be in terms of quality.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Some Statements

Everyones (not mine) Wishlist (for some reason) Sora,Dante.Crash anything that isnt from a represeted franchise

Wanting Sora and hating on Goku is sorta a Double Standart

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Some more Statements

Kirby and Zelda deserve 1 Rep maybe even 2

Genos Moveset isnt that intersting without Mallow (asside from turning into a cannon)

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Last post I'll make regarding things, is anyone able to invite me to the Geno discord through a DM? Feel like I'm gonna lose contact with a bunch of people.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ridley fans only had a place to go because Smashboards had support for social groups so Ridley fans could still have a group on this site without the constant heckling and trolls in a really volatile thread.

The forum no longer has that feature for some reason.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Some more Statements

Kirby and Zelda deserve 1 Rep maybe even 2

Genos Moveset isnt that intersting without Mallow (asside from turning into a cannon)
I...don't really understand the second point. Geno and Mallow were always separate characters. It's not like something like Banjo and Kazooie or Ratchet and Clank.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Got any reasons why a Capcom rep should not be in the fighters pass 2?
Considering my most wanted is a Capcom rep, I'm positive for a Capcom rep. The only thing that could make it possible that we get nothing from Capcom is the Gigaleak IMO, but that leak is so massive and we could get info for Capcom later anyways.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Remember the WoL slots?

I hear alternate costumes also takes up slots as Hero had. I have a hunch among the final 3 characters are gonna have alts of different characters.

Could give us a better idea who the final three might be.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Who would those four even be Echoes of?
Hmmmm, let's see...

Shadow as a Sonic Echo would seem one of the most likely and obvious.

As much as I hate this idea, I think it's possible for another FE echo (even if it isn't another echo of Marth, Roy, or Ike).

Maybe an F-Zero char as a Captain Falcon echo.

Maybe either Bass, Proto Man, or Megaman X as an Echo of Classic Mega Man.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Remember the WoL slots?

I hear alternate costumes also takes up slots as Hero had. I have a hunch among the final 3 characters are gonna have alts of different characters.

Could give us a better idea who the final three might be.
If that were the case, you'd need to account for Female Byleth, Shujin Joker, Alex, Zombie, Enderman, and Shirtless Sephiroth.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmmmm, let's see...

As much as I hate this idea, I think it's possible for another FE echo (even if it isn't another echo of Marth, Roy, or Ike).

Kasumi for Joker? Octoling for Inkling (as much as I’d prefer semi-clone Octolings with a high risk high reward emphasis)

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Hmmmm, let's see...

Wait, what? I said “those 4” as in Sora, Master Chief, Waluigi and Phoenix Wright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom