• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
All this stuff from Imran is wild to think about if there's any truth to it.

If MH is truly out, then...Well, dang, there goes another one I was feeling semi-confident in, lol. The Chun Li situation is definitely interesting, and I didn't know SF2's 30th was coming up in March...

With MH Rise coming out, making it the perfect time to bring the costumes back with a Capcom character...

Yeah, this is definitely me being tin-foil hat, but I'll go with it for yucks: Chun Li's our Capcom rep.

Now, let's wait 'till March to find out. And have it not be from Capcom at all in order to continue the trend of me not getting a single thing right about this game, lol.:nifty:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
How is it dodgy? We already know TH got favoritism treatment... sorry "the timing was just right" for DLC, with Sakurai playing beta versions of the game. Why wouldn't it be the same for base game had the game not been delayed?
Because Xenoblade Chonicles 2 and ARMS were impossible to add to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and they released a year before Fire Emblem: Three Houses was supposed to. Even the characters that got a reserve slot had their games released only a year after roster selections. The timing just doesn't pan out. It is not a decision that could have been made in 2015.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I think the anniversary thing depends on when we're getting the actual presentation or reveal trailer. Not when the amiibos come out. Which means the new character could get their reveal trailer in late February with the presentation being early March.

Devil May Cry 3's anniversary is in February.

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
Because Xenoblade Chonicles 2 and ARMS were impossible to add to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, and they released a year before Fire Emblem: Three Houses was supposed to. Even the characters that got a reserve slot had their games released only a year after roster selections. The timing just doesn't pan out. It is not a decision that could have been made in 2015.
I think you underestimate the power of Fire Emblem bias

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
The whole ordeal was just uncomfortably sketchy in just about every aspect. Even Sakurai's presentation, it was real uncomfortable. Kind of just the moment of Smash Ultimate's DLC cycle we just avert our eyes to, pretend didn't happen.

regulus tera

Smash Apprentice
View attachment 296721
This makes a lot of sense in hindsight, that the Monster Hunter team rejected the idea of a playable Monster Hunter character considering the bulk of cross content with Monster Hunter and other series like Metal Gear is always about the Monsters themselves.
Moral of the story: Rathalos for Smash 7, Ridley style.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
More than anything, I find it funny how fast this thread is at throwing a proven, reliable insider, under the bus because he said something that might put our dear 8th fire emblem character in a remotely negative light
I don't think that's quite it lmao

It's possible for a reliable source to have false information sometimes. The Monster Hunter stuff just doesn't really add up.

(I don't even like Byleth)

Last edited:

I.D.

Smash Lord
It's simple, it was too late for them because Nintendo didn't mail Sakurai unfinished beta versions of those games so that Sakurai could even know what it was he was implementing.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Where did this notion even come from?

No seriously, why did this rumor even crop up?
It's quite simple

People think a character's inclusion was baffling and undeserving, and as such, they try to justify their inclusion with the pettiest reasonings possible

It's essentially saying "this character wasn't meant to included and thus, doesn't belong here"

Last edited:

WaddleMatt

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW 5950 1333 3717
so I guess RIP Hayabusa as well?
Where is this coming from?

Also, honestly even if it was fully proven that Byleth was a replacement for another character, Byleth fans would make a conspiracy to prove Nintendo is hiding ****. They can always use the excuse of them being hated on by the rest of the Smash fandom lol.

Last edited:

dream1ng

Smash Lord
People who are using "FE bias" to support or detract from the claim are missing the point entirely.

It's to do with the unrealistic timing of adding a character so prematurely, not the series. It's not a couple months, it's not one year, it's four years (intended to be three) in advance.

I can't speak for the others who don't believe the claim, but I'd be making the same points regardless of which series it was, because the schedule doesn't make sense.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It's simple, it was too late for them because Nintendo didn't mail Sakurai unfinished beta versions of those games so that Sakurai could even know what it was he was implementing.
Then by the idea that they were too late is an outright lie, as that would mean that Sakurai could have made Min Min and Rex & Pyra/Mythra with the beta versions of their games.

But since that isn't the case, this is not a possible scenario.

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Sakurai said he got access to Fire Emblem Three Houses (we don't know how early though) and likely didn't get access to either ARMS or Xenoblade 2 early. Keep in mind both ARMS and Xenoblade 2 were reveal at the January 2017 Switch presentation, so Nintendo was likely making heavily restricting developers on projects that weren't their own to avoid any leaks regarding the Switch line up or the Switch itself.

I.D.

Smash Lord
I don't think that's quite it lmao

It's possible for a reliable source to have false information sometimes. The Monster Hunter stuff just doesn't really add up.

(I don't even like Byleth)
"Sora is out" ok
"Steve had been in negotiations for years" ok
"Byleth was initially intended for base game" OH NONONONO HE'S LYING! FAKER! SCAMMER!

Faso115

Smash Lord
So i guess my suspicions could be proven correct and the Monster Hunter is potentially out of the running. Can't wait for Blocked Content to make a video out of this :4pacman:

And to think last year we were complaining about the waves of disconfirmations. God that was dreadful and for someone as Byleth

I.D.

Smash Lord
Then by the idea that they were too late is an outright lie, as that would mean that Sakurai could have made Min Min and Rex & Pyra/Mythra with the beta versions of their games.
Since Sakurai didn't have access to early versions of those games, there is no lie here and the scenario is perfectly understandable.

Shroob

Sup?
So i guess my suspicions could be proven correct and the Monster Hunter is potentially out of the running. Can't wait for Blocked Content to make a video out of this :4pacman:

And to think last year we were complaining about the waves of disconfirmations. God that was dreadful and for someone as Byleth
Considering Papagenos has been MIA ever since Geno died, I'm actually shocked he hasn't covered the Chun Leak.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
It's possible for a reliable source to have false information sometimes.
I personally think this is what happened with the Gematsu leak botching Robin to be honest. An insider thinking it is in fact Chrom prior to the trailer airing seems like a very reasonable mistake to just - kinda make, even if you're acting in good faith.

I.D.

Smash Lord
People who are using "FE bias" to support or detract from the claim are missing the point entirely.

It's to do with the unrealistic timing of adding a character so prematurely, not the series. It's not a couple months, it's not one year, it's four years (intended to be three) in advance.

I can't speak for the others who don't believe the claim, but I'd be making the same points regardless of which series it was, because the schedule doesn't make sense.
Since TH was originally intended to release in 2018 it's no more unrealistic than Byleth releasing in December 2019/January 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom