• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I never really understood why they go with Heihachi instead of Jin for most crossovers. I haven’t played much Tekken but isn’t Jin the main protagonist? It feels the same as adding M. Bison instead of Ryu.
I guess part of it is because Heihachi's one of four characters with a perfect attendance record in the Tekken games (the others being Paul Phoenix, Nina Williams, and Yoshimitsu), and he's the only one of those four that's part of the Mishima family.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
i mean

if worse comes to worst and the battery is rendered invalid in an update or something

you've always got emulators... right...?

...the Vita still doesn't have an emulator does it... chuckles we're in danger. 😨

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Do you guys think Sakurai/Nintendo are going to make one or maybe both of these last reveals special? I know the trend has been the reveals get less exciting as we get further into a reveal cycle. But with Smash 4 they immediately went into Ultimate production, Ultimate’s base roster had FP1 planned & FP1 apparently had Steve/Sephiroth in the pipeline.

You’d have to think that Nintendo/Sakurai know how special this game is, so they’d know we want things to go out with a bang. But maybe it’ll just be business as usual for them & we’ll end up with something more subdued.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for a good finale to this amazing game though.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I never really understood why they go with Heihachi instead of Jin for most crossovers. I haven’t played much Tekken but isn’t Jin the main protagonist? It feels the same as adding M. Bison instead of Ryu.
On the other hand, since Heihachi's Mii costume has returned, it increases the chances of Jin getting in instead of Heihachi; that's something to give Jin fans like you some hope. :D

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Do you guys think Sakurai/Nintendo are going to make one or maybe both of these last reveals special? I know the trend has been the reveals get less exciting as we get further into a reveal cycle. But with Smash 4 they immediately went into Ultimate production, Ultimate’s base roster had FP1 planned & FP1 apparently had Steve/Sephiroth in the pipeline.

You’d have to think that Nintendo/Sakurai know how special this game is, so they’d know we want things to go out with a bang. But maybe it’ll just be business as usual for them & we’ll end up with something more subdued.

Well my current predictions is a double reveal of CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christan, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Euden, Yuri, etc.) and CP11: Master Chief for June.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Doubtful. On your logic, you'd think they would have saved the Ridley & K. Rool for last since they were the most requested up until their reveal. Instead, they ended the game's reveals on Incineroar & Ken of all things.

Even the previous pass they ended with a fizzle rather than a bang with Byleth; who despite being unique was seen as yet another Fire Emblem character. Ending on Hero or Banjo would have been the higher hype-inducing reveals (depending on who they wanted to appeal to more; Japanese + most RPG players or Western players).

I know its probably too early to say this given we've got 2 fighters left, but it is extremely hard to see anyone topping either Sephiroth or Steve's inclusion seeing as how every other major gaming icon is already represented. So yeah, while I don't think the last two will be bad reveals by any means, I don't see them specifically setting up the last two to be particularly internet-breaking.

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
I know exactly how Nintendo can lift everyone's spirits with the next announcement.

Just make it another guessing game. :4pacman:

On the topic of Chell, I think she could be interesting, even if I'm not sure if she'd be picked over someone like Gordon Freeman, a Dota rep or a TF2 rep. All I know is that if she gets in and the Portal Gun is OP, we should definitely rename Elite Smash to Chell Hell. :roll:
I could see Sakurai spending a lot of time to get Steve and Alex working because of Minecraft's magnitude, but a part of me thinks Chell might be a character he'd prefer not to make over Gordon because of coding the portals to work like in Portal.

Though she could be really cool, take a lot of ideas from the Lego Dimensions game for normals and then give her portal gun an "Aperture Upgrade" or two for combat in Smash. She could place the turrets, as a Smash Attack or fire their bullets from the portal gun. She could fire a missile as a SIde Special like how she has to fight GLaDOS in the Portal 1 Final Boss. She could use the jump panel as a recovery. Neutral Special lets you shoot a portal and the next portal you fire is a different color. The Down Special could remove the portals while one of the taunts could change which portal color she uses next.

I'd personally prefer to see GLaDOS as a boss character type that comes in with Gordon Freeman someday. A Chell Mii gunner sounds more likely in my head. I feel Gordon represents Valve as a whole a little better (Counter-Strike, TF2, Portal, etc all have ties to Half-Life in one way or another.) Half-Life's importance to gaming can't be understated. He also has more potential with all his weapons and the crowbar making him a very unique swordfighter gunner who could be balanced with reloading weapons.

I guess that makes sense. You never really see people asking for Liu Kang or Kilik. Scorpion and Nightmare just became much more iconic to the series despite not being the protagonist. I wonder if fighting games are the only exception to the main protagonist first “rule”.
The protagonist "rule" is more of a preference if you ask me. This preference also includes mascot characters. Pikachu isn't the main protagonist of Pokemon but he is the mascot so he still got in. Slime was considered as the Dragon Quest rep but it was later decided to do The Hero. Also, someone like Min Min counts as a main protagonist while Pyra Mythra were able to get in since Shulk was already a protagonist for the series.

SKX31

Smash Master
Nintendo clearly values putting big icons into Smash to get people excited. They’re quickly running out of Japanese characters that fit that. I’d say there’s really only a Resident Evil character, Monster Hunter, Chun-Li, Tails & Dr Eggman left. Monster Hunter might be locked out of getting a fighter too, so that’s one less option.

There’s a lot of good mid tier & smaller Japanese characters left. But Nintendo will need to fill in the icon slots somehow. So I don’t see why’d they refuse to add Western characters.

They might be done with the icon slots for Ultimate, but the future Smash games will still need them.
I don't think Nintendo really needs Western games that much. That's not saying they'll reject them as long as they can but there are quite a few more big-name additions they can include before they'll run out of "icon slots".

I'd say Tekken, Dark Souls, Devil May Cry, Dynasty Warriors if they can add a character from it, aside from the ones you listed. Plus, Ultimate so far had, what, three new big franchises? It's not like newcomers have to be chock full of them.
Honestly, I'm in the middle here.

Yes, there's still quite a lot of major Japanese franchises and characters, the dividing line between which of these are major and which of these are characters your Average Joes / Janes may know about is very blurry and difficult to distinguish. There are only a few that I could confidently say Average Joes / Janes know about on the regular, and that's the first five Jordan named, Dark Souls, Dynasty Warriors if you happen to live in East Asia by virtue of its setting and inspiration. Sora I'd argue is close but not fully there,

Western characters are largely untapped though, with Steve being the first bonafide icon (and I have a very high bar for icon status). Sure, Nintendo doesn't need to include them, but there are no real barriers to them either. It becomes something of a judgement call for Nintendo then, especially in terms of DLC. But if they've included characters like :4littlemac: - who had like 90 % of his presence in America (granted, base game, but still applies to some extent)* - I def don't think that they're off the table.

Now, while I don't think that the chances of the last two being icons is that high - there's an argument to be made that Steve and Sephiroth were it - I won't count that out because while precedence is a thing Nintendo have also shown willingness to throw precedence out of the ****ing window. Plus, this is a two year window we're talking about, so it's fully possible that Steve / Sephiroth were intended to headline Year 1 of FP2. We'll have to see when the fat lady sings though.

*(Japanese players were mostly completely wondering "WTF?" at his addition. Sidenote: I find it super-weird that they went with the original arcade game for most of his gameplay-related stuff. I've complained about his gameplay enough though.)

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
I could see Sakurai spending a lot of time to get Steve and Alex working because of Minecraft's magnitude, but a part of me thinks Chell might be a character he'd prefer not to make over Gordon because of coding the portals to work like in Portal.

Though she could be really cool, take a lot of ideas from the Lego Dimensions game for normals and then give her portal gun an "Aperture Upgrade" or two for combat in Smash. She could place the turrets, as a Smash Attack or fire their bullets from the portal gun. She could fire a missile as a SIde Special like how she has to fight GLaDOS in the Portal 1 Final Boss. She could use the jump panel as a recovery. Neutral Special lets you shoot a portal and the next portal you fire is a different color. The Down Special could remove the portals while one of the taunts could change which portal color she uses next.

I'd personally prefer to see GLaDOS as a boss character type that comes in with Gordon Freeman someday. A Chell Mii gunner sounds more likely in my head. I feel Gordon represents Valve as a whole a little better (Counter-Strike, TF2, Portal, etc all have ties to Half-Life in one way or another.) Half-Life's importance to gaming can't be understated. He also has more potential with all his weapons and the crowbar making him a very unique swordfighter gunner who could be balanced with reloading weapons.

The protagonist "rule" is more of a preference if you ask me. This preference also includes mascot characters. Pikachu isn't the main protagonist of Pokemon but he is the mascot so he still got in. Slime was considered as the Dragon Quest rep but it was later decided to do The Hero. Also, someone like Min Min counts as a main protagonist while Pyra Mythra were able to get in since Shulk was already a protagonist for the series.
Well that’s a little reassuring. Most of my favorite video game characters are either villains or side characters and are from games that are still missing the main character in Smash. I know it’s extremely unlikely but if I ever got someone like Magus (Chrono Trigger) or Xemnas (Kingdom Hearts), that would be awesome. I’ve always liked them a lot more than Crono and Sora.

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
After watching this vid, I've come up with a few new topics I'd like to discuss.

The part with Rayman in the iceberg would be a pretty cool twist, and something worthy of celebrating Rayman's inclusion even more for. :D

Also, assuming this is a loose-ends pass, then what Gen 8 Pokemon would be most likely? I get the feeling it's most likely gonna be a starter (either Scorbunny or Rillaboom), but personally, I'd find that too formulaic and boring. Instead, I'd prefer a different Gen 8 Pokemon (like either a Legendary or a Pikachu expy). Which leads me to a different question: If it won't be another starter, then what Mon would it be?

Gengar84

Smash Hero
After watching this vid, I've come up with a few new topics I'd like to discuss.

The part with Rayman in the iceberg would be a pretty cool twist, and something worthy of celebrating Rayman's inclusion even more for. :D

Also, assuming this is a loose-ends pass, then what Gen 8 Pokemon would be most likely? I get the feeling it's most likely gonna be a starter (either Scorbunny or Rillaboom), but personally, I'd find that too formulaic and boring. Instead, I'd prefer a different Gen 8 Pokemon (like either a Legendary or a Pikachu expy). Which leads me to a different question: If it won't be another starter, then what Mon would it be?
I don’t know how likely they are but my three favorites from Gen 8 are Orbeetle, Toxtricity, and Corviknight. If these, I think only Toxtricity has much of a chance. Sirfetch’d is very popular so I think it might have a shot. I also think that Urshufu would make a lot of sense seeing as they dedicated an entire DLC to it.

If Sakurai had advance knowledge that they were making Gen 4 remakeson the Switch, I think there might be a small chance of a rep from those games. My favorites there not yet in Smash are Gliscor, Toxicroak, and Garchomp. Of these, I think Garchomp has a pretty decent chance if they do go with a Gen 4 Pokémon.

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman

As I've said before, Smash may not always have the strongest endings but some of you don't give Duck Hunt, Bayonetta, Piranha Plant, or the World of Light reveal enough credit for ending on something big:
  • Duck Hunt is one of the highest-selling FPS/Lightgun games at around 28 million units. That's more than the highest-selling Halo (14.5m as of 2020), Half-Life (12m as of 2011), or Doom (4m as of 2020) games. (Didn't beat Call of Duty Black Ops' 30m or Counter-Strike GO's 40m units sold though.)
  • Bayonetta is this mature "never gonna happen" character that they somehow got away with. She won the ballot according to Nintendo so she is considered a big choice to end Smash 4 on.
  • Piranha Plant is one of the most popular and iconic enemies from the biggest series of all time.
  • Even if you don't count Piranha Plant, the World of Light reveal in the same stream has the most views out of any Smash Ultimate reveal at 14 million!

Even if you don't think all that was good enough, this may be the true end of Smash Bros, unlike other Smash games. Especially 4 which led directly to Ultimate. Nintendo understands ending things well considering they sometimes do the "One more thing..." bit.

I do not believe Byleth would've been the last character if we didn't get a second fighter pass, even if it was gonna be, it seemed they realized that wouldn't be a good way to end the pass. It was better for them to say, "Don't worry you're getting six more fighters!"
Maybe the big last thing is a few more echos or maybe it is actually ending with two big boys like Crash and a popular realistic gunner. You objectively can't beat Minecraft, but you can do almost as good with those two characters. (GTA in Smash could beat Minecraft's WTF factor maybe though...)

I honestly don't think this outcome we're considering is out of the realm of possibility at all. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm completely wrong though. That's Smash speculation for ya, isn't it?

Pillow

Smash Lord
Honestly, I'm in the middle here.

Yes, there's still quite a lot of major Japanese franchises and characters, the dividing line between which of these are major and which of these are characters your Average Joes / Janes may know about is very blurry and difficult to distinguish. There are only a few that I could confidently say Average Joes / Janes know about on the regular, and that's the first five Jordan named, Dark Souls, Dynasty Warriors if you happen to live in East Asia by virtue of its setting and inspiration. Sora I'd argue is close but not fully there,

Western characters are largely untapped though, with Steve being the first bonafide icon (and I have a very high bar for icon status). Sure, Nintendo doesn't need to include them, but there are no real barriers to them either. It becomes something of a judgement call for Nintendo then, especially in terms of DLC. But if they've included characters like :4littlemac: - who had like 90 % of his presence in America (granted, base game, but still applies to some extent)* - I def don't think that they're off the table.

Now, while I don't think that the chances of the last two being icons is that high - there's an argument to be made that Steve and Sephiroth were it - I won't count that out because while precedence is a thing Nintendo have also shown willingness to throw precedence out of the ****ing window. Plus, this is a two year window we're talking about, so it's fully possible that Steve / Sephiroth were intended to headline Year 1 of FP2. We'll have to see when the fat lady sings though.

*(Japanese players were mostly completely wondering "WTF?" at his addition. Sidenote: I find it super-weird that they went with the original arcade game for most of his gameplay-related stuff. I've complained about his gameplay enough though.)
I think a big concern for a lot of western characters is they don’t really “fit” Smash in the usual sense. While you could argue that anyone would fit in Smash at this point, the fact remains that we have a total of one out of 80+ characters that fits the gritty realistic style that western games are known for (Snake). And even then, MGS is still a rather goofy franchise next to big Western names like Call of Duty and Assassin’s Creed.

Following this reasoning, I personally believe that cereal box mascot characters like Crash Bandicoot still have a very reasonable chance, as well as just indisputable industry titans like the Master Chief. Anything else I find rather unlikely, though Smash has surprised me before.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know its hard to predict who it could be at this point but just curious what everyone's predictions who the last two are.

Mine are

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christan, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Euden, Yuri, etc.)
CP11: Master Chief

Double reveal in June. Swordfighter character releases same month, Master Chief releases in September-October.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I know its hard to predict who it could be at this point but just curious what everyone's predictions who the last two are.

Mine are

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christan, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Euden, Yuri, etc.)

Double reveal in June. Swordfighter character releases same month, Master Chief releases in September-October.
Mine are Crash and Master Chief.

Gengar84

Smash Hero

Mine are

I want to say that the two most likely out of all the characters I really want are:

Lu Bu (Dynasty Warriors)
Velvet Crowe (Tales of Berseria)

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Tails and Hayabusa for now. Variable for an additional Nintendo character as the final DLC and potentially Arle as an alternate route for Sega.

I'd love to expand on it more and assess other characters but to be honest toward the tail end of the DLC cycle I'm finding less characters feasible and I'm seeing less opportunities for meaningful speculation and theorycrafting in general. I think the case for Tails is interesting and fun so I'm backing that for now because I think it has precedent and people are sleeping on it. Hayabusa is self explanatory and I'm not convinced the interview did anything to hurt him.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

Mine are

I'll be boring and say Crash Bandicoot and Sora are our final two. As much as I want Sgt. Cortez, I don't have the ability to time travel to change the outcome.

Last edited:

2006ToyotaTacoma

Smash Journeyman

Mine are

I'll say Yuri Lowell and Dr. Eggman.

A little late because I've been formulating my thoughts, but right now I'm of the mind that if Nintendo wants to tie the bow on Ultimate in a meaningful way, it should be with a character that feels like they always should have been there and not necessarily a character that's super huge. Every big character will have another big character that could follow. They don't feel like the end of a sentence anymore. The noise has been loud for years, and it makes big inclusions feel less like a bang and more like a continuation. It would be more of the same, as great as the same has been.

At this point most of the characters that would call Smash home are in the game, but there are a few that could be made into fighters. If there was another character that would fit in that space in the same way as Banjo & Kazooie, I think that would be the best way to say the game is complete. Wind things down, but bring it all in for a hug. Y'know, assuming Nintendo's actually interested in the idea. I don't have a character in mind or anything, and I wouldn't mind a big character being the end. I don't even think my idea will play out. I just don't think that a big character would make the end more special than an intimate one.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
I think a big concern for a lot of western characters is they don’t really “fit” Smash in the usual sense. While you could argue that anyone would fit in Smash at this point, the fact remains that we have a total of one out of 80+ characters that fits the gritty realistic style that western games are known for (Snake). And even then, MGS is still a rather goofy franchise next to big Western names like Call of Duty and Assassin’s Creed.

Following this reasoning, I personally believe that cereal box mascot characters like Crash Bandicoot still have a very reasonable chance, as well as just indisputable industry titans like the Master Chief. Anything else I find rather unlikely, though Smash has surprised me before.
TBF, while CoD and AC mostly focus around serious topics (and even have faced controversy over it, see "No Russian"), there are cases like CoD deciding to go 110 % action movie as if Twin Snakes never went out of style or AC deciding "You know what? **** it, here's some trippy Precusor bull****, and the final boss of AC2 is the ****ing Pope deciding that the best way to help stabilize the Catholic Church secure the Templar agenda is to throw down some fisticuffs with the main guy despite the Pope being much, much older".

I get what you're thinking and half-agree that their focus on seriousness - at least on a surface level - does affect their compatibility with something more obviously cartoonish Smash Bros. We'll just have to see though.

Mine are

It's too difficult for me to call, but if I had to choose:

CP10: Adol.
CP11: Arle.

I'm saying this with a giant asterisk since there are a lot of possible contenders and only two slots (presumably) left.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Mine are

Honestly, who knows at this point. At the very least, I'm not expecting the Crashabusa duo. Not really expecting a repeat third-party, either. Just a gut feeling. Though, it also seems like the discussion regarding those is just an excuse to talk about Master Chief...

If I'm just throwing darts at the wall, Lloyd and Ayumi. The former because Tales is big and is the only third-party Smash 4 Mii to have absolutely nothing in the base game, and also this is probably the last chance to actually put him up on our predictions before we learn his actual fate. The latter because FDC's the only game really in the right timeframe for a first-party promotional pick, and because of the unique status of being planned as far back as Smash 64. Both are pretty darn risky and probably won't happen, but given Smash's track record I doubt anything else I try would be more accurate :drshrug:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sorta. All of the Mishimas are pretty equally important. Though Jin's been the protagonist for the longest tenure and seems likely to return to that role. I would say Heihachi only has a couple more crossover appearances over Jin and Kaz. Namely SC2 and PSASBR.

Most other crossovers, tend to include at least two of the Mishimas, with Jin and Heihachi both being playable in Namco X Capcom and PXZ1(Jin being fully controllable and Heihachi being an assist. PXZ2 has Kaz join the two of them together.

In the context of Tekken itself, Jin's been the literal cover boy more. Being front and center of T3, T4, T5, T5DR and Tag 2's cover, while still being prevalent on T6's.

That said, Heihachi's been in the most games in general, with Jin debuting in T3 and Kazuya skipping T3.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Doubtful. On your logic, you'd think they would have saved the Ridley & K. Rool for last since they were the most requested up until their reveal. Instead, they ended the game's reveals on Incineroar & Ken of all things.

Even the previous pass they ended with a fizzle rather than a bang with Byleth; who despite being unique was seen as yet another Fire Emblem character. Ending on Hero or Banjo would have been the higher hype-inducing reveals (depending on who they wanted to appeal to more; Japanese + most RPG players or Western players).

I know its probably too early to say this given we've got 2 fighters left, but it is extremely hard to see anyone topping either Sephiroth or Steve's inclusion seeing as how every other major gaming icon is already represented. So yeah, while I don't think the last two will be bad reveals by any means, I don't see them specifically setting up the last two to be particularly internet-breaking.
Well, that’s why I mentioned how with previous cycles there was always more Smash coming. There wasn’t a reason to end Smash 4 with a bang because Ultimate was already happening. Ultimate’s base roster had FP1 coming soon. FP1 had atleast Steve & Sephiroth afterwards.

I mean you could be right & they’ll do something like that again. But this seems like the last Smash content we’ll see for a while. On top of that this is the finale to one of the biggest games ever, maybe they’ll make the end special for once.
As I've said before, Smash may not always have the strongest endings but some of you don't give Duck Hunt, Bayonetta, Piranha Plant, or the World of Light reveal enough credit for ending on something big:
  • Duck Hunt is one of the highest-selling FPS/Lightgun games at around 28 million units. That's more than the highest-selling Halo (14.5m as of 2020), Half-Life (12m as of 2011), or Doom (4m as of 2020) games. (Didn't beat Call of Duty Black Ops' 30m or Counter-Strike GO's 40m units sold though.)
  • Bayonetta is this mature "never gonna happen" character that they somehow got away with. She won the ballot according to Nintendo so she is considered a big choice to end Smash 4 on.
  • Piranha Plant is one of the most popular and iconic enemies from the biggest series of all time.
  • Even if you don't count Piranha Plant, the World of Light reveal in the same stream has the most views out of any Smash Ultimate reveal at 14 million!

Even if you don't think all that was good enough, this may be the true end of Smash Bros, unlike other Smash games. Especially 4 which led directly to Ultimate. Nintendo understands ending things well considering they sometimes do the "One more thing..." bit.
I do not believe Byleth would've been the last character if we didn't get a second fighter pass, even if it was gonna be, it seemed they realized that wouldn't be a good way to end the pass. It was better for them to say, "Don't worry you're getting six more fighters!"
Maybe the big last thing is a few more echos or maybe it is actually ending with two big boys like Crash and a popular realistic gunner. You objectively can't beat Minecraft, but you can do almost as good with those two characters. (GTA in Smash could beat Minecraft's WTF factor maybe though...)

I honestly don't think this outcome we're considering is out of the realm of possibility at all. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm completely wrong though. That's Smash speculation for ya, isn't it?
I personally thought Bayonetta was a really hype ending, but the general consensus is that she wasn’t so I didn’t mention her.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
IIRC he wasn't actually playable until the 3rd game though.
He's playable in Tekken 1, though all the bonus characters lack an ending.

He's also playable in Tekken 2 as a starting character, his ending is the canon one.

On the other hand, since Heihachi's Mii costume has returned, it increases the chances of Jin getting in instead of Heihachi; that's something to give Jin fans like you some hope. :D
While I don't know how likely it'd be, I'd pop off on that. Jin's always been my main since T3. Literally the first game character I ever associated with. Kazuya would be cool too, just less so for me.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
CP11: Arle
I've thought a lot about Arle as the last character, and how I'd have such a range of emotions having both one of my most wanted characters in the game - obviously I'd be over the moon and it would be a very satisfying conclusion on my end - while also knowing full well that there will be hell to pay ending on a cutesy niche puzzle game character. The monkeys paw curls once again, etc etc.

Of course I'd still win in the end because I got what I wanted, but it would hurt seeing a character I really love get so much heat from the more close-minded sects of the community that likely wouldn't settle down for a long while. Same goes for any small potentially polarizing and/or unconventional character they could end on really.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero

Mine are

CP10: One more third party character, though probably a lower tier one
CP11: Euden

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Mine are

CP10: a third party that isn’t one of the big ones - like a LoL rep or Reimu. Maybe a Namco rep that probably isn’t Lloyd
CP11: Octoling, no I’m not backing down from this. It’s another way to tie up loose ends due to the lack of Splatoon 2 and Octo Expansion content in base

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
There's not too many indie characters I'd actively want, aside from the usual Shovel Knight/Shantae as far as western tastes go, but I do think it'd be neat if one was added. Granted Touhou isn't up my alley in the slightest.

I guess Juan from Gucamelee or that ANJA(sp?) from Indivisible. Or that Gunvolt from er, Gunvolt and Not Shanoa from Bloodstained.

Yeah, from what I've seen:
  • Daruk is a bog standard "boisterous" character. Not bad, but not terribly interesting.
  • Rivalli is insufferable.
  • Mipha is sweet, and she has the whole thing with Link for players to get invested in.
  • Urbosa is...well I'm not exactly sure how to describe her, but I like her calm attitude, and her dynamic with other characters is just nice to watch.
It's pretty easy to see why everyone likes the girls more. Myself included.

Except Falco's actually tolerable.
I was under the impression people like Urbosa the most cause she scratched a particular itch for some people. I guess if there's more to it than that, then that's pretty cool too.

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
There's not too many indie characters I'd actively want, aside from the usual Shovel Knight/Shantae as far as western tastes go, but I do think it'd be neat if one was added. Granted Touhou isn't up my alley in the slightest.

I guess Juan Gucamelee or that lady from Indivisible. Or that Gunvolt from er, Gunvolt and Not Shanoa from Bloodstained.

I was under the impression people like Urbosa the most cause she scratched a particular itch for some people. I guess if there's more to it than that, then that's pretty cool too.
Sadly, the company behind Indivisible kinda... collapsed on itself due to its terrible boss.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion

Mine are

CP10: Ryu Hayabusa
CP11: Dr. Robotnik

Double Reveal in June, Cp10 releases same month, Cp11 releases September.
Hayabusa and Eggman aren’t really predictions rather are just the two I think have the best shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom