• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Kinda random and not really definitive but the official account of Playstation tweeted this a few hours ago:

Sharing this because it might be kinda useful for reference when it comes to Resident Evil discussion, even if it's not going to happen in Ultimate.

If you don't have Twitter or you don't want to log in to participate in the poll, the results as of now are:

1. Leon (47,8%)
2. Jill (27,1%)
3. Chris (14,1%)
4. Claire (11,1%)

44,000 votes so far.
This idea's still my favorite in terms of potential characters.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I've been thinking about the next two potential fighters and I think PapaGenos is correct with this.

We need to account for the remaining Mii Costume when predicting the final characters. I don't think we're going to get another fast or power swordsman after Sephiroth & Pythra. If I had to put money on it I'd be the next character is going to be Yoshimitsu. He also has a Katana(& Namco), and hit fits the same spot Terry had in the previous fighters pass well.

I'm wondering who is fitting to end the pass with(I do think they'll buck tradition with this) and I not a lot of great options come to mind with who is still realistic. I had written off DoomGuy because I don't think we'll get too Microsoft reps, but Sakurai did say the fighters had already been selected before the Bethesda deal took place. That hadn't been enough to convince me, but then I realize I was writing off Zagreus for the same reason Sakurai stated and that just didn't make much sense. So yeah, I currently am betting on these too.

1616979135857.png

1616979243167.png

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Who wants Chris, Jill or Leon when you could have Nemesis?

Come on a huge hulking zombie brute with a rocket launcher? How do those three even compare?
Me. I don't want Nemesis or any weird creature to rep Resident Evil in Smash lol

I definitely prefer Jill, Leon and company over Nemesis or Mr. X. Wesker would be kinda cool though but I'd still pick the main characters over him anyday.

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
At first I wanted Nemesis for an RE rep, but I think they could just use Leon/Jill as fighters (w altsand have the Nemesis, Wesker or Tyrant making a FS appearance.

My final predictions for FP2 are:

Hyubusa, Assassins Creed, or Monster Hunter Rep
(AC would be to bolster Ubisoft support and feels overlooked as a huge modern franchise. Monster Hunter looks to be least likely right now, but would be hugely popular and unexpected.)

Master Chief (or Doom Guy - Lots of Microsoft Mii Costumes)

I feel like the best play would be announcing both at E3 so if fans don’t like one announcement, they may like they other (similar to Hero/Banjo) to avoid backlash. Honestly, feel they got both first party characters out of the way to avoid fan diss appointment)

....Then a stay tuned for now type thing after the last Mr. Sakurai Presents...

A possible future announcement could coincide with Switch Pro. as a Smash Bros Ultimate Complete (or complete ultimate) which includes the DLC along with a few additional Echo Fighters, missing stages, better online for either version and 1-2 brand new fighters to end everything with a bang for the rest of the current gen. If you bought both passes, you can also buy the new content to avoid rebuying (or...better yet, get it for free if you already bought all content. Something like a GOTY edition with new content in a way that hopefully wouldn’t anger fans, basically. No more DLC after this point)

(For funsies: Octolings, Impa, Shadow and Ms Pac-Man or Dixie as echoes/semi echoes. New fighters - Crash & WaLuigi)

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Kinda random and not really definitive but the official account of Playstation tweeted this a few hours ago:

Sharing this because it might be kinda useful for reference when it comes to Resident Evil discussion, even if it's not going to happen in Ultimate.

If you don't have Twitter or you don't want to log in to participate in the poll, the results as of now are:

1. Leon (47,8%)
2. Jill (27,1%)
3. Chris (14,1%)
4. Claire (11,1%)

44,000 votes so far.
If Resident evil ends up in Smash I think Leon is the most likely. He's the most popular in general and Resident evil 4 is closely tied to Nintendo. I think the best possible scenario would be having all 4 of those characters as alternate skins like Hero, but I'm not sure if that would be possible (although Koopalings proved that skin can be pretty different from the original so maybe? But Sakurai did say that was a huge amount of work). I think realistically, we could have two characters in one, and my wish would be Leon and Claire (since Claire is my personnal favorite, but also because it would be a nice reference to RE2).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know what it is but I'm definitely feeling Master Chief for some reason.

I think there could even be a somewhat good chance of Lloyd having been saved as the only Sm4sh Mii to be promoted.

Imagine E3 Month/June being a double reveal of those two.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't know what it is but I'm definitely feeling Master Chief for some reason.

I think there could even be a somewhat good chance of Lloyd having been saved as the only Sm4sh Mii to be promoted.

Imagine E3 Month/June being a double reveal of those two.
Ehhhhhh I’m still not feeling Lloyd. I don’t see why they’d make an exception for him to be playable while Geno and Heihachi got Mii’d and fans of those two would probably be upset that Lloyd’s the exception

no Gil, cause idk anyone who supports him or even knew who he was before the 4 costume reveal

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ehhhhhh I’m still not feeling Lloyd. I don’t see why they’d make an exception for him to be playable while Geno and Heihachi got Mii’d and fans of those two would probably be upset that Lloyd’s the exception

no Gil, cause idk anyone who supports him or even knew who he was before the 4 costume reveal
Sakurai: Who else but Lloyd when it comes to Tales? Also Tales is massive in Japan and one of the biggest JRPG franchises.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sakurai: Who else but Lloyd when it comes to Tales? Also Tales is massive in Japan and one of the biggest JRPG franchises.
He could have been opened to other Tales options since then like Yuri or Velvet or either of the Arise protags

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
The Lloyd Mii Costume idea of needing to coincide with one of the characters is interesting. The thing is, it could mean a lot of things. Not sure if somebody already said this but what coincides with Lloyd can easily be very vague.

Here's what I mean. Lloyd is a character with spiky hair, blue pants, red shoes, and has multiple magical abilities. That description also fits Crash Bandicoot so I wouldn't be surprised if his costume returned there if e got Crash and it doesn't coincide with a Tales rep or some other character.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112

What can you possible make as a Character Pack for Geno? And not to mention his obscurity to the general public worldwide.

As for Heihachi, Sakurai clearly still had difficulty implementing him.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Tbf I don't think Nintendo would care about people being salty if Lloyd was the only costume upgrade. But yeah I think he is more likely than not to be brought back as a costume.

This means that Yuri could win!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Alternatively though it could be Chosen Undead coming with the returning Lloyd Mii or perhaps any swordfighter in general like Euden or Adol.

Double reveal of Chosen Undead and Master Chief? Now that'd be something. That or Yuri and Master Chief.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

They promoted Inkling, Isabelle and K. Rool already, to be fair.

He could certainly be a mii again, but I’m not sure the others getting mii’d again really matter for that.

What can you possible make as a Character Pack for Geno?
This sounds strange considering Super Mario RPG has plenty that Smash isn’t using, just the spirits and mii costume is barely scraping the surface.

Examples:
-Smithy
-Boshi
-Johnny Jones
-Bowyer
-Exor
-etc.
-Star Hill
-Rose Town
-Forest Maze
-Nimbus Land
-Vista Hill and Bowser’s Castle
-Weapons Factory
-etc. etc.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Honestly though I'm thinking FP10 will be a sword fighter or a Namco character in general given the theme of Sm4sh Miis with most of the newcomers they come with.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
They promoted Inkling, Isabelle and K. Rool already, to be fair.

He could certainly be a mii again, but I’m not sure the others getting mii’d again really matter for that.

This sounds strange considering Super Mario RPG has plenty that Smash isn’t using, just the spirits and mii costume is barely scraping the surface.
There’s just one issue - those three you mentioned were promoted in the base game. Once DLC started, I’ve not seen one such promotion and I’m a bit inclined to think it’ll stay that way

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Lloyd's costume might come with CP11 instead.
Given my current prediction is another swordfighter in general and Master Chief, I feel the latter would be saved for last for a potential double reveal in June. Like how they did with Banjo in 2019 and supposedly Steve had it not been for COVID.

Ending Ultimate with Master Chief would be good way to end Ultimate's run with a bang.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Given my current prediction is another swordfighter in general and Master Chief, I feel the latter would be saved for last for a potential double reveal in June. Like how they did with Banjo in 2019 and supposedly Steve had it not been for COVID.
I don't expect any FPS reps because that genre is rather unpopular in Japan.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
There’s just one issue - those three you mentioned were promoted in the base game. Once DLC started, I’ve not seen one such promotion and I’m a bit inclined to think it’ll stay that way
Personally I still don’t see why that matters much; people getting mad could’ve been said about basegame as well. I don’t think Nintendo cares about people being selfishly mad/jealous. It just sounds like a simple pattern with no real meaning, so it could or couldn’t break, doesn’t mean it meant anything. Geno or Heihachi etc. getting promoted doesn’t mean the rest would have been promoted, for example.

I don’t care if Lloyd is in or not though, I just don’t agree with this reasoning personally, but idk.

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
How about another Bamco character with a sword? That's right I'm talking about this dude again.

Nightmare Concept Art from Soulcalibur VI #art #artwork #gaming #videogames  #gamer #gameart #illustration | Nightmare soul calibur, Nightmares art,  Soul calibur
I don't think they're going to with another power swordsman after Pyra and Sephiroth. They'll try to balance it out more than that. Even in FP1, the three sword characters we got were wildly different archetypes.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Overall this is my current prediction.

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christan, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Euden, Nightmare, Tales protagonist, etc.)
CP11: Master Chief

Double reveal in June. CP10 releasing on that month and Master Chief releasing in September-October.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If Resident evil ends up in Smash I think Leon is the most likely. He's the most popular in general and Resident evil 4 is closely tied to Nintendo. I think the best possible scenario would be having all 4 of those characters as alternate skins like Hero, but I'm not sure if that would be possible (although Koopalings proved that skin can be pretty different from the original so maybe? But Sakurai did say that was a huge amount of work). I think realistically, we could have two characters in one, and my wish would be Leon and Claire (since Claire is my personnal favorite, but also because it would be a nice reference to RE2).
Koopalings were lucky because they not only were already similar enough shapes(and were modified from their original designs) but that the Clown Car is the actual moveset.

RE characters share mechanics, but they'd have to have the same body shapes, so one can be slightly changed up if needed for the animations to work. We tend to lose some animations/personality anyway(poor Alph), but same mechanics is only half the thing here.

I don't think close ties with Nintendo will be enough, but Leon is one of the notable contenders(as is Jill, a long time favorite) on his own merits, not causing of some ties. Remember, they chose Joker, who had no ties with Nintendo(the most it had was eventually a game coming out, and they didn't use Joker to advertise that game, but Persona 5 specifically). Whoever they would choose, it's going to be a big character whether they were a key character among Nintendo products or not. There's other factors, including who Capcom is trying to promote, the latest games(it could be an all new protagonist even), things like ports to tie it to, etc. Current promotion can easily player a bigger role. Not always, but can.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I don't they're going to with another power swordsman after Pyra and Sephiroth. They'll try to balance it out more than that. Even in FP1, the three sword characters we got were wildly different archetypes.
There were 3 sword users in this first pass? There was Hero and Byleth. So are you counting Joker as a sword user? I mean he does have a knife but I'm not sure that counts.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't they're going to with another power swordsman after Pyra and Sephiroth. They'll try to balance it out more than that. Even in FP1, the three sword characters we got were wildly different archetypes.
As if Nintendo cares about patterns. We ended up with 3 JRPG characters in the first pass with Joker, Hero, and Byleth.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Overall this is my current prediction.

CP10: Swordfighter character (Adol Christan, Chosen Undead, Dovahkiin, Euden, Nightmare, Tales protagonist, etc.)
CP11: Master Chief

Double reveal in June. CP10 releasing on that month and Master Chief releasing in September-October.

As if Nintendo cares about patterns. We ended up with 3 JRPG characters in the first pass with Joker, Hero, and Byleth.
Would they REALLY end the Pass with Master Chief? Like, Fighter 10 is already pushing it at this point. Besides, this is NINTENDO we're talking about. They are physically incapable of ending Smash speculation on a high note...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Would they REALLY end the Pass with Master Chief? Like, Fighter 10 is already pushing it at this point. Besides, this is NINTENDO we're talking about. They are physically incapable of ending Smash speculation on a high note...
Some would argue Bayonetta with Sm4sh.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Yeah. I expect the last two characters to be more low key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom