• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerCage

Smash Master

We got a tourney this week, Characters who have model changes of some sort
That includes my boy, Ridley?

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like if the Koei-Tecmo stuff was Byleth it would’ve leaked somehow that it was Byleth. But all that time Vergeben and everyone else was shooting down Koei-Tecmo as being involved with the next character. I explicitly remember KT being one of the first companies Verge shot down so if the rumors of Koei-Tecmo around that timeframe had any kind of direction towards Byleth then I think it would’ve been known. But Verge was dead set that it wasn’t KT and well, it wasn’t. Aside from that way after Byleth was when Vergeben said, yeah I heard KT and Nintendo were in talks.

So yeah, it’s either another KT character being Byleth or possibly the KT spirits in terms of Hyrule Warriors and Persona 5 Strikers but I don’t think that Byleth getting in disconfirms Hayabusa or KT. The timeline just doesn’t make sense.
To be fair, Verg shot down like, every company under the sun, even Nintendo at one point. The big takeaway from his big, deconfirmation bonanza is that he had no ****ing clue who it was, and even admitted that someone had leaked Byleth to him five minutes before the presentation. He literally did not know who CP5 was before that moment.

Verg didn't know who CP5 was, and all he's heard was "Talks". Nothing about characters, or what kind of content, or anything, just Talks. Sorta like how Bethesda said they had "Talked" to Nintendo, and the most that came out of it was a Mii Gunner costume.

And then what do you have left after that? The Iamshifty/brew leaks? Someone who basically has zero credibility to speak of?

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
And then what do you have left after that? The Iamshifty/brew leaks? Someone who basically has zero credibility to speak of?
The last time Verge mentioned "talks" between Nintendo and Koei Tecmo was in October, post Steve. If Byleth's trailer was the result of that I doubt he would be talking about it nine months later. It could be some of the spirits like people mentioned or a costume coming later, but the verdict is still out and I think it's pretty odd that Koei Tecmo's content is all co-owned stuff that they may or may not have even needed to be consulted about.

Shroob

Sup?
The last time Verge mentioned "talks" between Nintendo and Koei Tecmo was in October, post Steve. If Byleth's trailer was the result of that I doubt he would be talking about it nine months later. It could be some of the spirits like people mentioned or a costume coming later, but the verdict is still out and I think it's pretty odd that Koei Tecmo's content is all co-owned stuff that they may or may not have even needed to be consulted about.
Context is key here.

Yes, he did mention them in October, but he only said that they happened, and doesn't even know if they went through, or what kind of content that it'd entail. He doesn't know what the talks were for is the big takeaway.

With how tight security is in a post-Terry world, I'm finding it hard to believe that something like a character would leak soo far out in advance.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
With how tight security is in a post-Terry world, I'm finding it hard to believe that something like a character would leak soo far out in advance.
Considering Vergeben had been saying Minecraft was coming as early as base game, I wouldn't be so confident in that.

But believe what you'd like, there isn't much else to gather from that post.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Considering Vergeben had been saying Minecraft was coming as early as base game, I wouldn't be so confident in that. But believe what you'd like.
Vergeben's Minecraft content is the biggest enigma of speculation.

In theory, he is correct.

But he also promised an Enderdragon boss, and, well. IIrc, he also said that he hadn't heard of Steve, just a stage or assist. Reminder, it was HITAGI who said first that Steve would be playable, not Verg, and we all know that Hitagi is not a credible source.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
To be fair, Verg shot down like, every company under the sun, even Nintendo at one point. The big takeaway from his big, deconfirmation bonanza is that he had no ****ing clue who it was, and even admitted that someone had leaked Byleth to him five minutes before the presentation. He literally did not know who CP5 was before that moment.

Verg didn't know who CP5 was, and all he's heard was "Talks". Nothing about characters, or what kind of content, or anything, just Talks. Sorta like how Bethesda said they had "Talked" to Nintendo, and the most that came out of it was a Mii Gunner costume.

I mean, possibly but as you said Bethesda got a Mii Costume, as of right now Koei-Tecmo hasn’t gotten anything that’s actually THEIRS. Byleth, Hyrule Warriors, Persona 5, and even Fatal Frame are all strangely Koei-Tecmo without being Koei-Tecmo. All things considered, even taking leaks out it is a little weird that apparently KT has been approached 4 separate times but still haven’t gotten even a Mii from it, not a spirit event for Dynasty Warriors, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, anything, when companies like Capcom and even ArcSys are getting random ones like Resident Evil and Kunio or like you said Bethesda and Ubisoft getting Mii’d. It’s all very strange to see a company get so little when they have so much to pull from. Even with games releasing on Switch they often just don’t get anything.

Obviously I’m biased and that’s fine my way or opposite of me but I do think KT is in the most unique position of any 3rd party and it’s really hard to narrow it down one way or the other. Even Vergeben has been uncharacteristically vague about KT so, yeah, I get where you’re coming from but I’m on the opposite side of the thin line.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Vergeben's Minecraft content is the biggest enigma of speculation.

In theory, he is correct.

But he also promised an Enderdragon boss, and, well. IIrc, he also said that he hadn't heard of Steve, just a stage or assist. Reminder, it was HITAGI who said first that Steve would be playable, not Verg, and we all know that Hitagi is not a credible source.
Well, we know Minecraft was in talks for a half decade. It actually seems more likely than not that Minecraft talks varied wildly, from a stage to assist to boss.
That and isn’t Rathalos called “End Dragon” in the game files? Since he’s a dragon whose both a boss and assist its possible Verg simply got confused.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Well, we know Minecraft was in talks for a half decade. It actually seems more likely than not that Minecraft talks varied wildly, from a stage to assist to boss.
That and isn’t Rathalos called “End Dragon” in the game files? Since he’s a dragon whose both a boss and assist its possible Verg simply got confused.
This clearly confirms we're getting a new Boss Rush mode that adds new bosses alongside it, thank you Burgerben #42.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, then begs the question of how would Vergeben know that in say, September or October when he made the claim? Did one of his sources simply have access to the game's code, without actually knowing what any of it meant? If I saw "END_DRAGON", I dunno, but my first assumption wouldn't be to assume Enderdragon, especially since we had already seen Rathalos as a bossfight by that point.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I mean, then begs the question of how would Vergeben know that in say, September or October when he made the claim? Did one of his sources simply have access to the game's code, without actually knowing what any of it meant? If I saw "END_DRAGON", I dunno, but my first assumption wouldn't be to assume Enderdragon, especially since we had already seen Rathalos as a bossfight by that point.
Whoever did the Ken leak had a full working build of the game. It doesn’t seem like a big stretch to assume some code ended up getting out. That and for the sake of hiding the fighter, End Dragon may have actually been a codename to throw people off. Theres no proof for that though.

And while you may not jump to Ender Dragon with that name, could you really blame Verg or his source for making that assumption?

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What does Mega Man have besides his old exclusives?

I like Mega Man, but I don't think that's the best point when Nintendo clearly cares about Minecraft. Dungeons was originally going to be a 3DS exclusive too until Mojang decided to have crossplay and stuff. Minecraft not being exclusive didn't keep it from ruling the eShop for a while.
We're just talking about Nintendo relevance here, right? Because Mega Man was also basically the second most requested character of all time.

I mean, conservatively, over half of Mega Man's titles were Nintendo exclusives. That's a pretty unprecedented ratio for a series as prolific as Mega Man's, and truthfully, the percentage is probably much higher. It's no coincidence that once third-parties became a thing, Mega Man always came right after Sonic. And these were the peak days of Nintendo association being thought integral.

And I don't care if the titles are old. Calling them old doesn't diminish them. Third-parties don't need recent relevance to be included, and even if they did, that would be Nintendo's condition, not mine. It wouldn't hinder the association.

To me, Steve outclasses Mega Man in one of the three categories which contributed to my "essential" status, being just a generally bigger character. But Mega Man outclassed Steve in the other two, being Smash popularity and Nintendo association. Keep in mind this is my framework... but I'd also imagine that when paring the roster down to its core constituents, Mega Man would be retained by more people than Steve. That is my guess.

You've also got to keep in mind, as I have, that you're always going to big up Steve because you're biased. You could've argued any of those four. Cloud, Ryu, Hero, they all have reasons too. But I think that Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man would appear most frequently in peoples' "essential" third-parties.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Whoever had the Ken leak had a full working build of the game. It doesn’t seem like a big stretch to assume some code ended up getting out. That and for the sake of hiding the fighter, End Dragon may have actually been a codename to throw people off. Theres no proof for that though.

And while you may not jump to Ender Dragon with that name, could you really blame Verg or his source for making that assumption?
If they had full access to the game, then they'd see that there'd be no Minecraft content, and furthermore, surely they'd be able to check to see what exactly End_Dragon was, no? Because this sounds like the worst case of looking at something, and then just assuming without doing any double checking.

This is why I take issue with Verg's Minecraft content claims. In grand total he got:

Boss: Wrong
Stage: Right
Assist: Wrong
Base game: Wrong

And Steve wasn't even his, it was Hitagi's, and we all know how Hitagi's record turned out. Do I doubt that maybe he heard Minecraft would be in Smash? No, I don't, but did he know what it was? Absolutely not.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
If they had full access to the game, then they'd see that there'd be no Minecraft content, and furthermore, surely they'd be able to check to see what exactly End_Dragon was, no? Because this sounds like the worst case of looking at something, and then just assuming without doing any double checking.

This is why I take issue with Verg's Minecraft content claims. In grand total he got:

Boss: Wrong
Stage: Right
Assist: Wrong
Base game: Wrong

And Steve wasn't even his, it was Hitagi's, and we all know how Hitagi's record turned out. Do I doubt that maybe he heard Minecraft would be in Smash? No, I don't, but did he know what it was? Absolutely not.
That’s probably right. It was more likely just talks. Though I still do find it weird that one of our few credible leakers says Ender Dragon is a boss and theres some other assist, and then a boss and assist in the game is called End Dragon by the code. Thats just an opinion though. Obviously they couldn’t have had a proper build or anything otherwise that myth definitely would’ve been cracked.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, possibly but as you said Bethesda got a Mii Costume, as of right now Koei-Tecmo hasn’t gotten anything that’s actually THEIRS. Byleth, Hyrule Warriors, Persona 5, and even Fatal Frame are all strangely Koei-Tecmo without being Koei-Tecmo. All things considered, even taking leaks out it is a little weird that apparently KT has been approached 4 separate times but still haven’t gotten even a Mii from it, not a spirit event for Dynasty Warriors, Ninja Gaiden, Dead or Alive, anything, when companies like Capcom and even ArcSys are getting random ones like Resident Evil and Kunio or like you said Bethesda and Ubisoft getting Mii’d. It’s all very strange to see a company get so little when they have so much to pull from. Even with games releasing on Switch they often just don’t get anything.

Obviously I’m biased and that’s fine my way or opposite of me but I do think KT is in the most unique position of any 3rd party and it’s really hard to narrow it down one way or the other. Even Vergeben has been uncharacteristically vague about KT so, yeah, I get where you’re coming from but I’m on the opposite side of the thin line.
To preface, I'm all for Hayabusa getting in.

But no matter how I look at things, it just seems too strange tbh. Something about the Koei stuff feels incredibly off to me, which is simply why I can't say I have a lot of faith in Hayabusa. There's something about this that rubs me the wrong way.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Since it's still relevant to the conversation, I decided to sort the cast out to convey where I think everyone stands and how safe I think their return is. These are general categories so it's not exactly saying "if you're in this category you're safe" or "if you're in this category you're out". It just means that I'm a lot more confident in the characters returning the higher up they are.

Sorry for the extra link click, it won't let me post the image in full. Oh yeah, I left out echo fighters also since I think their inclusions are just a variable of whether or not there's enough time to throw in some last-minute characters at the end. Although I think a few have a chance of returning regardless (Chrom).
I think this is actually a very reasonable list.

The only characters I don't agree with their position are Min Min and Little Mac (kinda). If Punch-Out doesn't get anything new in the next years I guess he could be cut if necessary. But I have a hard time seeing Min Min being skipped to be honest. She's the only rep ARMS has in the game, like Little Mac with his franchise, but the difference is that ARMS is a recent series with potential to grow and it has a real chance to get a sequel relatively soon.

I'd be surprised if she doesn't make it in the next game, to be honest.

7NATOR

Smash Master
To my Knowledge, If you look at the more accurate version of the Deconfirm List, Koei Tecmo was not on it, but Ryu was

The OG List was a miscommunication between Vergeben and his Source, as Vergeben thought the Source was confirming all the companies related to characters he listed, when the Source meant just the characters

I do agree that Vergeben did not know who FP5 was until like 5 minutes before, and Honestly I don't think his source did either, otherwise the situation with KOS-MOS wouldn't have happened, and perhaps there would have been more Company wide deconfirmations. At the Absolute Best, Maybe the source knew the 5th character was related to Nintendo, but that's a huge stretch

In regards to the Ryu Leaks, There have been some people that suggest it's a whole character, but there's also been some that suggest it's a Mii Costume, as apprantly only Ryu has been heard, but nothing else related to his Series or Koei Company

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
We're just talking about Nintendo relevance here, right? Because Mega Man was also basically the second most requested character of all time.

I mean, conservatively, over half of Mega Man's titles were Nintendo exclusives. That's a pretty unprecedented ratio for a series as prolific as Mega Man's, and truthfully, the percentage is probably much higher. It's no coincidence that once third-parties became a thing, Mega Man always came right after Sonic. And these were the peak days of Nintendo association being thought integral.

And I don't care if the titles are old. Calling them old doesn't diminish them. Third-parties don't need recent relevance to be included, and even if they did, that would be Nintendo's condition, not mine. It wouldn't hinder the association.

To me, Steve outclasses Mega Man in one of the three categories which contributed to my "essential" status, being just a generally bigger character. But Mega Man outclassed Steve in the other two, being Smash popularity and Nintendo association. Keep in mind this is my framework... but I'd also imagine that when paring the roster down to its core constituents, Mega Man would be retained by more people than Steve. That is my guess.

You've also got to keep in mind, as I have, that you're always going to big up Steve because you're biased. You could've argued any of those four. Cloud, Ryu, Hero, they all have reasons too. But I think that Sonic, Mega Man and Pac-Man would appear most frequently in peoples' "essential" third-parties.
You're right, though I think very many people would opt to keep Steve too, especially with the amount of Smash popularity he's obtained outside this site (being huge outside the hardcore fanbase, with some still being in said fanbase) and considering the idea that Smash is a celebration of videogame history or games in general; looking at that idea itself, I think Steve fits even ignoring my bias.

To be honest I was also rushing my thoughts a bit I think, something I tried to correct in edits to a later post; Mega Man is important to Nintendo's history for-sure, Steve becoming important in more-recent years thanks to inspiring them some and gaining them a new business partner. Also, I wasn't trying to diminish Mega Man's games or anything, I think I was just being dumb and not thinking fully tbh >_>

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
To my Knowledge, If you look at the more accurate version of the Deconfirm List, Koei Tecmo was not on it, but Ryu was

The OG List was a miscommunication between Vergeben and his Source, as Vergeben thought the Source was confirming all the companies related to characters he listed, when the Source meant just the characters

I do agree that Vergeben did not know who FP5 was until like 5 minutes before, and Honestly I don't think his source did either, otherwise the situation with KOS-MOS wouldn't have happened, and perhaps there would have been more Company wide deconfirmations. At the Absolute Best, Maybe the source knew the 5th character was related to Nintendo, but that's a huge stretch

In regards to the Ryu Leaks, There have been some people that suggest it's a whole character, but there's also been some that suggest it's a Mii Costume, as apprantly only Ryu has been heard, but nothing else related to his Series or Koei Company
I think it says a lot that Practicalbrush, the dude who's been leaking Directs almost word for word as of late, can't get Smash info, despite getting literally everything else.

After Terry, Smash went into HEAVY lockdown in regards to leaks, and honestly, had Nintendo not ****ed it up, I feel like Terry would have remained under lock and key as well. People will point to Sabi and Verg supposedly knowing who it was, but, it's ****ing SNK, of course it was going to be Terry.

Smash has been lock and key after Terry, **** isn't going to leak until the literal last second anymore, for better or worse.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The only characters I don't agree with their position are Min Min and Little Mac (kinda). If Punch-Out doesn't get anything new in the next years I guess he could be cut if necessary. But I have a hard time seeing Min Min being skipped to be honest. She's the only rep ARMS has in the game, like Little Mac with his franchise, but the difference is that ARMS is a recent series with potential to grow and it has a real chance to get a sequel relatively soon.
An ARMS sequel will definitely further my confidence in Min Min - I admit I lowballed her a bit, just because she's so new. For what it's worth though the "Secondary Cast" row is sorta like, "they'll probably come back but you could make a case for them not", especially depending on how big this roster ends up being in the first place. I do think ARMS has a future ahead, I think Nintendo wants to do more with it. Once ARMS 2 is confirmed and Nintendo really goes deep with trying to push the series further Min Min is right up there with the "Usual Suspects". Definitely sort of a borderline character who is only lower because ARMS is a single game and not a proper series yet.

I think Little Mac should be a Usual Suspect. But I was trying to come at it objectively and didn't want my bias to get in the way. As it stands Punch-Out is probably the worst represented first party IP in the game, Japan doesn't care about it and there's no new game in sight. It's kind of a series that rests right in the middle of a "major" franchise with proper representation (which it should be) and more of a retro / novelty like Wii Fit or Duck Hunt (which it's treated more like, which sends the message that it's not a priority or not taken fully seriously IMO).

I do think Mac is likely to return in general, and god I hope he does because Punch-Out means a whole lot to me, but seeing how he's been treated thus far gives me a little bit of hesitation. And maybe I just want to prepare myself for the possibility so I don't get burned too bad if it does happen.

Oh also, just in case it wasn't clear, the characters are sorted by series. So Min Min being at the end of that row doesn't mean I believe she's the least likely to return or anything like that.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Here’s a fun game. Given that most people aren’t expecting Capcom to get any fighters in this pass, I have a question: If Fighters Pass 3 was exclusively Capcom characters, who would you want? Honestly, this was surprisingly tough for me to decide on, but I think I’d go with:
  • Arthur - fun NES throwback
  • Chun-Li - “the first lady of fighting games”
  • Phoenix Wright - popular character with heavy Nintendo association
  • Amaterasu - insane moveset potential
  • Leon Kennedy - important series that would represent a new genre in Smash
  • Dante - crazy popularity and moveset potential
I thought about Monster Hunter, but I’m personally pretty happy with its representation in Smash.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Here’s a fun game. Given that most people aren’t expecting Capcom to get any fighters in this pass, I have a question: If Fighters Pass 3 was exclusively Capcom characters, who would you want? Honestly, this was surprisingly tough for me to decide on, but I think I’d go with:
I thought about Monster Hunter, but I’m personally pretty happy with its representation in Smash.
Replace Amaterasu with Wesker and that pass is spot on for what I want.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
For Capcom characters, my priorities would be Jill, Dante, Nick, Ammy, Morrigan and Monster Hunter. That'd be a rather diverse lineup I feel

Pillow

Smash Lord
  • MMZ Zero
  • Chun-Li
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Dante
  • Jill Valentine
  • Amaterasu

honestly making a list of 6 Capcom characters is pretty easy. For me the only ones that came close to making it onto the list other than these were Morrigan and Monster Hunters. It only gets difficult when u gotta narrow it down to one slot for the company. Most people will have similar results I think.

Last edited:

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Dante from the Devil May Cry Series
Vergil from the Devil May Cry Series
Nero from the Devil May Cry Series
Lady from the Devil May Cry Series
Trish from the Devil May Cry Series
V from the Devil May Cry Series
... Lucia from the Devil May Cry Series

cashregister9

Smash Hero
-Phoenix Wright
-Amaterasu
-Dante
-Leon/Chris/Jill/Claire
-Morrigan
-Chun-li

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Dante from the Devil May Cry Series
Vergil from the Devil May Cry Series
Nero from the Devil May Cry Series
Lady from the Devil May Cry Series
Trish from the Devil May Cry Series
V from the Devil May Cry Series
... Lucia from the Devil May Cry Series
Man it's so obvious whay your favourite Capcom game is that it isn't even funny. Is Resident Evil 4 really that good?

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Phoenix Wright
Chun-Li
Monster Hunter
Amaterasu
Morrigan
Leon/Jill

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Here’s a fun game. Given that most people aren’t expecting Capcom to get any fighters in this pass, I have a question: If Fighters Pass 3 was exclusively Capcom characters, who would you want?
Chun-Li
Morrigan
Jill Valentine and/or Leon Kennedy
Phoenix Wright
Monster Hunter
Amingo (never said we had to be realistic!)

The first two are for me, Phoenix and MH are for my buds, I really just think RE should be in this game and Amingo...

Come on, MVC2 music in Smash? Who can resist that?

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
  • Chun-Li
  • Mega Man X/MMZ Zero
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Dante
  • Ruby Heart
  • Boulder Puncher Chris

Last edited:

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
-Phoenix Wright from Ace Attorney
-Amaterasu from Okami
-Monster Hunter from Monser Hunter
-Leon Kennedy from Resident Evil
-Arisen from Dragon's Dogma (or an Onimusha rep but idk if real people are allowed)

and of course
image_2021-03-10_014509.png

Last edited:

toonito

Smash Ace
Chun-Li
Zero
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Leon/Jill
Monster Hunter

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Here’s a fun game. Given that most people aren’t expecting Capcom to get any fighters in this pass, I have a question: If Fighters Pass 3 was exclusively Capcom characters, who would you want?
Monster Hunter
Chun-Li
Dante
Amaterasu
Jill Valentine
Phoenix Wright

These six are the ones I want to see the most/cover the most bases for me, though if I had one more slot it'd either be Firebrand Arthur or Morrigan.

RoboFist

Smash Journeyman
- Ammy is my first and foremost. She would have Incredible moveset potential, and would only be our second full fighter who's a quadruped. And imagine if they gave her a Wolf Link inspired alt. Just...yes.

But even aside from all that, imagine her stage. With that watercolor aesthetic? Come on. I feel like her entire vibe is something that Ultimate really could use more of.

Aside from her though?

- Leon Kennedy or Jill Valentine: I still remember how shook to the core I felt when they just unceremoniously deconfirmed RE with that Spirit event. Some wounds don't heal.

- Phoenix Wright: I don't know how they could make a moveset better than the one UMvC3 gave us, but if there's another Capcom franchise that is basically an honorary Nintendo series, it's Ace Attorney.

- Arthur: Don't get me wrong, I actually love the Mii costume. I think it matches his proportions really well and I'm really glad that we got it instead of just a Spirit or something. But yeah he'd still make a dope Fighter in his own right.

- Chun-Li: So after Sephiroth's reveal, the Eggman-shaped gap in Ultimate's roster immediately stuck out to me. The same thing happened after Ken was revealed. Ryu and Ken and no Chun-Li? It's unnatural and I need an adult.

And now for my final character, a kickass fan-favorite who proved their mettle by being a standout in the MvC games, especially 3. Hailing from one of Capcom's most beloved franchises, this character has proved time and again that nobody in Hell or on Earth is safe from their trademark attitude and endless barrage of weapons.

I'm talking, of course, about...

- Tron Bonne: Yeah, that's right. I've done the math, crunched the numbers, and the fact is that she's simply the better character. Arguing against me would be arguing against science.

Last edited:

Golden Icarus

Smash Lord
Monster Hunter
Chun-Li
Dante
Amaterasu
Jill Valentine
Phoenix Wright

These six are the ones I want to see the most/cover the most bases for me, though if I had one more slot it'd either be Firebrand Arthur or Morrigan.
The awesome thing about Capcom is that no matter who you add, you’re likely gonna have a good variety of genres, art styles and consoles represented. That company’s library is just absurd.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Oooooooo, interesting. I never noticed that. That's extremely weird.

Hm. I... personally don't think this changes anything as the Smash website doesn't even show that color at all, nor does the press materials afaik. And I strictly follow the Smash website, so I don't think I'm going to count it in my main stuff.

However, it would be interesting to do an alternate set of calculations just to see what gets altered if that is counted. Thanks for the heads up on this. Can't believe I missed this.
Sorry for the late reply. Hmm, alright, I only mention the trivia of Pyra's fighter color because I just thought that Hero's other fighter color was also factor into the equation as well.

After all, these fighter color were shown off in promotional materials, Sakurai's poster and at Pax West 2019. Anyway, it is no big deal as I learn that Steve and Alex share the same color background S A C. Same thing goes for the two Byleth M F C. Oh well, maybe when Fighter 10 arrived and P/M are moved to the Fighter slide, then the answer of either Pyra and Mythra sharing the same or have a different color background from each other would be solved.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Isn't it crazy that there's so many ways to fill out this game and still have a bunch of really interesting and diverse fighters from legendary games? Capcom really the GOAT man

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Tron Bonne: Yeah, that's right. I've done the math, crunched the numbers, and the fact is that she's simply the better character. Arguing against me would be arguing against science
Now that I think about it, wouldn't she be the first character in Smash to have that typical "Ohohoho" laugh Japan likes? For such a common trope it's surprising Smash doesn't seem to have this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom