• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Agumon has a lot going for it.
Unique frame.
Unique moveset.
Untapped style of toy.
Reboot to the series.

I'd argue he is the most likely Bamco.
The thing I want the most when it comes to Digimon representation is that Agumon HAVE to have a Digivolve mechanic that might or may not similar to Digimon Rumble Arena.

Last edited:

PK Duststorm

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Dee isn't as important as Ridley, K. Rool, or Banjo & Kazooie. But he's at least a B-tier character if not a A-tier one since he's one of the stars of Kirby behind Kirby himself, Dedede, and Meta Knight. He certainly isn't a D-tier one that's for sure.
No, love to burst your bubble but A generic first level enemy is not important. Putting a bandana on him doesnt make him important. He isnt a main character. He is a generic and bland supporting character along the likes of goomba with a hat from paper Mario.

He isnt important. He isnt bringing anything worthwhile. He doesnt deserve it. He is a D- tier character, and it would be even worse than another fire emblem character. You're asking for the most boring and uninspired pick ever, and idk where kirby fans got this dumb idea from. Couldnt even root for Marx? Or anybody else? If you want new kirby representation go with somebody that actually made an impact.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Bandana Dee isnt important. Hes nowhere near the level of those you mentioned. Hes a D- tier character. He would be disliked more than byleth. Horrible and boring addition, please stop.
I highly doubt you'd think Smash really needed the Ice Climbers if they didn't already join.

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Hot take: it's not worth the effort to put another returning 1st party character that didn't bring anything new in a DLC unlike Byleth with 3H and it's content. I'd prefer them to be base game thing since they're most likely be an easy shoo in character for base game.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
No, love to burst your bubble but A generic first level enemy is not important. Putting a bandana on him doesnt make him important. He isnt a main character. He is a generic and bland supporting character along the likes of goomba with a hat from paper Mario.

He isnt important. He isnt bringing anything worthwhile. He doesnt deserve it. He is a D- tier character, and it would be even worse than another fire emblem character. You're asking for the most boring and uninspired pick ever, and idk where kirby fans got this dumb idea from. Couldnt even root for Marx? Or anybody else? If you want new kirby representation go with somebody that actually made an impact.
If Bandana Dee wasn’t important, HAL wouldn’t be putting him on so much merch.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Never tell anyone what to do or like, not even in terms of what character to root for. You have none of that power.

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
Bandana Dee isnt important. Hes nowhere near the level of those you mentioned. Hes a D- tier character. He would be disliked more than byleth. Horrible and boring addition, please stop.
People are allowed to want who they want - I can't believe we still have to deal with a situation where people feel the need to talk down to other people just because someone wants a character they're not keen about. It's so much easier to just be like, 'Well, that character's not my cup of tea, but, good luck!'

He's not a big deal to you, but he's most certainly a big deal to a lot of Smash fans. Stop speaking for other people like what you say is fact, and open your mind a little.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
The thing I want the most when it comes to Digimon representation is that Agumon HAVE to have a Digivolve mechanic that might or may not similar to Digimon Rumble Arena.
I agree on a Digivolving mechanic. But I also cannot imagine that not being the moveset

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Look how foolish you sound? Dee isn't a Goomba with a hat and he has made a impact in Kirby being one of it's main stars the past decade. Bandana Dee isn't you average Waddle Dee.

PK Duststorm

Smash Apprentice
Trolling/bait
I highly doubt you'd think Smash really needed the Ice Climbers if they didn't already join.
You would be right. If icies werent already a staple I would sing the exact same song and dance. We just got Steve and Sephiroth, people really want these boring underwhelming disappointments? Talk about a snooze fest. Its goomba with a hat, stop lying to yourself like its something worthwhile 😆

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
So I was talking about this to someone in the Bandana Dee thread about peoples' reactions if Bandana Dee got in compared to their reactions to other DLC Nintendo characters and they said something like "They wasn't sure Dee would get a better response than Min Min because of Arms not being represented yet and Kirby already having 3 reps" which I kind of disagree. I think peoples' reactions to Dee would be close to their reactions to Ridley, K. Rool, and Banjo & Kazooie. But how would you guys say people would react to Bandana Dee?
I think Bandanna Dee would be well received, maybe not Ridroolzooie levels of hype but I don't think it'd be a controversial choice.

Can i say that i find it super boring that starting with Joker, most of the Final Smashes have been exactly the same cinematic thing with some slight variations. I find that super uninspired for how cool this characters tend to be in general.

Terry and Byleth especially have no excuse having those type of attacks. Terry could have used any of his supers instead of making it cinematic but i guess at least he can use them in the game regularly. As for Byleth, Sothis.PNG has to be the most uninspired final smash idea ever
All the newcomers in Ultimate use a cinematic final smash. This isn't relegated to just the fighter pass characters. Sakurai made a point in the initial Smash Ultimate presentation that final smashes would be made to be quick and to the point rather than like Brawl and Smash 4.

That reminds me; how would you guys react if the Pokémon Trainer we got in Ultimate was Elio and Selene?
View attachment 297020
They’d still use :ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard:; I just really wanted these two to show up.
large.jpg

Sure okay. Would have kind of made sense since Sun and Moon would have still been the latest games at the time but I just prefer Red and Leaf instead. They fit the Pokemon better since they all come from Kanto and reminds me of Fire Red and Leaf Green which are some of my favourite games of all time.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You would be right. If icies werent already a staple I would sing the exact same song and dance. We just got Steve and Sephiroth, people really want these boring underwhelming disappointments? Talk about a snooze fest. Its goomba with a hat, stop lying to yourself like its something worthwhile 😆
goomba with a hat
aaaaaaand you’re going on the ignore list buddy. If there’s one thing I can’t stand it’s people who make fun of what others want

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I don't like feeding trolls, but it's christmas time so i guess you get a gift this year.

Whenever Hal mentions the main characters of Kirby, it's not Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, and Marx. It's not Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, and Adeline. It's usually not Kirby, Dedede, and Meta Knight. It's Kirby, Dedede, Meta Knight, and Bandana Dee. He is the fourth main character of the series.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
No. Dis is a Goomba wit a hat:
1608829179795.png

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly do people really think "this seems like base game material" is a good argument after we just got a challenger pack that consisted of what the base game should've already had?
To be completely fair ARMS is a new series, a new “world” if you will that initially had insufficient representation. Kirby has most if not all of its games represented

granted there’s no Planet Robobot content, but I can’t see Dee coming ONLY with PR content when he’s been in most of the other games as well. Maybe that’s just me tho

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To be completely fair ARMS is a new series, a new “world” if you will that initially had insufficient representation. Kirby has most if not all of its games represented

granted there’s no Planet Robobot content, but I can’t see Dee coming ONLY with PR content when he’s been in most of the other games as well. Maybe that’s just me tho
I'm talking about the FFVII music and spirits.

Dinoman96

Smash Master
It's pretty borderline comedic how much Bandana Dee has been shafted by Sakurai at this point

Obviously he's not a playable character. But he's not even an assist trophy, either. He doesn't even have a Mii hat. He didn't even have a spirit battle for crying out loud. Literally his one and only role in the entire Smash franchise (he wasn't even anywhere to be seen in Smash 4) is just as a mere upgrade to the regular Waddle Dee spirit.

I don't even really like Bandana Dee that much nor want particurly want to see him playable in Smash but even I'll admit Sakurai's treatment of this character is pretty harsh all things considered. Other popular rejects like Shantae, Geno, Shovel Knight, Krystal, Isaac, Dixie Kong, etc all got notable consolation prizes like assist trophies, Mii outfits/hats, and notable spirit fights apart of World of Light, but Dee couldn't even get any of that.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Honestly do people really think "this seems like base game material" is a good argument after we just got a challenger pack that consisted of what the base game should've already had?
Final Fantasy has less representation that Kirby and Donkey Kong in the base game. No spirit, and 2 songs. Talk about having 10+ stage and 10+ song and 10+ spirit "lacking".

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I just wanna say...

I'm incredibly pleased with Sephiroth. His playstyle is odd and visually playful and still ominous. I'm sold.
I now see part of the cool appeal of the villain side of Smash. I'm even pulling for Eggman now.

(Though, I'm not accepting of Chun Li, Im really hoping for more Fighting game worlds).

Last edited:

ARandomFruit

Smash Journeyman
Okay, here's a fun game for you guys; think of a character whose final smash would be cinematic and end with a discretion shot (aka it doesn't show exactly what happens to the target but implies that whatever happens wouldn't be appropriate for a game of Ultimate's rating) and a KO scream from the primary target (assuming they have one of course).

Steve's Final Smash is the closest example of what I am talking about.
This was the first thing I thought of when I read this
I mean he has no chance of getting in but it'd be neat.
Anyways time to shill. Go buy Persona 4 Golden on Steam for only 15.99 cause it's on sale. It's a good game 10/10 doctors agree don't even question your doctors about it it's pointless just buy it.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Bandana Dee would be a fine rep, but I think Kirby is already in a good place. When it comes to adding more reps to 1st-party series already in Smash, we need another Splatoon rep a lot more than we need another Kirby/Star Fox/DK/etc rep.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I believe he was talking about Sephiroth actually.

Also, if he were to be added, it would almost certainly be with the theme of whatever the next Kirby game is. It could be a pretty big one, so who knows?

GenoToto

Smash Journeyman
I hope one day we'll be able to get past this issue of people talking down to others just because of their personal preference for a Smash character, and instead focus more on thinking about/figuring out ways that the character might be fun to play.

I've had this discussion with other friends and Smash players; It seems a lot healthier, and more fun, to drop the negativity and just kinda talk about how someone like Waddle Dee could work, or how someone like Gordon Freeman could play, or why Freddy Fazbear would be a Tier A character when he finally gets a chance to show up.

The beauty of Smash is that the possibilities are literally endless, and you could come up with so much stuff; It's much more enjoyable to think of possibilities, rather than squelch discussion just because the key point of the conversation isn't your personal preference.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

Not really. Most of the Kirby games represented in Smash with stages and music are from Sakurai's games. The Kirby games after Superstar ain't really represented well in Smash and Dee could bring that era of Kirby with him in his pack.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only thing that is a "Snoozefest" for me is that everyone expected the next character to be the same Hayabusa, DoomGuy, and Sora
A snooze fest for me woukd be Lloyd, doom guy, hayabusa,or any oth the other Flavors of the months. Sora woukd make me wake up from REM sleep tho

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
I mean isn't there already a spirit that goes beyond Kirby game that Sakurai develop? It's not like he is bias to anything.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Final Fantasy has less representation that Kirby and Donkey Kong in the base game. No spirit, and 2 songs. Talk about having 10+ stage and 10+ song and 10+ spirit "lacking".
Reading this I'm just thinking it is silly. It's kind of like asking about Wreck it Ralph.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I mean isn't there already a spirit that goes beyond Kirby game that Sakurai develop? It's not like he is bias to anything.
all the major content (stages, ats, bosses) come from the Sakurai era. There are really only final smashes, spirits, and ported songs for the rest of the series.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
My take:

Hayabusa, Doomguy, MonHun, Chief, Geno, Gen 8, any “flavor of the month” or commonly speculated character with the exception of Crash: I sleep

when Sephiroth got revealed and were also discussing more “off the wall” picks like Reimu, KOS-MOS, Ahri, a less discussed first party like Octoling, etc: REAL ****?

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
If you want my opinion on BWD as someone who, for the record, hasn't played that many Kirby games: I think he's the clear fourth choice. It's funny, because once you get down that far a lot of franchises "open up" with a lot of characters you could potentially choose, but... yeah, he's just so obviously the next most important character after the three we already have.

Prior to Ultimate's release, I was pretty against including one-off characters from series with recurring characters - meaning the likes of Geno, Sheik, Midna... Even the likes of Skull Kid or, indeed, most of the alternative Kirby characters people are mentioning rubbed me the wrong way because they were basically one-offs with like two extra cameos.

I've lightened up on that over the years - sorta - but... yeah, I don't really see any other Kirby characters getting in before BWD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom