• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also, maybe it's just me but man, this balance patch was weird. Normally we have these HUGE patches even if most of them all just boil down to "Made certain action easier to do globally", but this one had like, 5 things on it lol.
I'm guessing that they didn't want to tinker with the game too much because the holiday is closing in and they might not have been able to release a hotfix if something went wrong and they accidentally created a bad glitch.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Also, maybe it's just me but man, this balance patch was weird. Normally we have these HUGE patches even if most of them all just boil down to "Made certain action easier to do globally", but this one had like, 5 things on it lol.
The balance team typically looks at offline tournaments judging by the patches and considering Japan's only recently gone back offline while nobody else has... Yeah.

Also these fixes are apparantly nerfs lmao

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
As others have said, people buy Mii costumes, and if they brought back some of the cut stages as paid DLC, you bet your ass people would buy that too. Hell, people would literally buy skins for existing characters if the option was available to them. Why wouldn't people buy echoes?

I'm not sold at all on there being any DLC after FP2, though open to the idea it could happen, but Echoes would 100% sell.
There is a difference between buying skins for the only customizable characters in the game or completely updating old/creating new stages and featuring them by themselves and trying to get people to buy a character made from reusing assets from a character that is already in the game and that at best ends up like Ken and at worst ends up like Daisy.

This also goes completely against what Sakurai has previously stated about the DLC, which is to make more fan requests a reality and to keep making more unique characters. Considering the list of demanded characters and how this fan base has expectations and reacts very negatively to anything they deem unworthy, and I can tell you right now that though people would buy them there would be massive outrage.

Besides, based on the information we have, it's really lining up that we will get another full pass anyway.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
This also goes completely against what Sakurai has previously stated about the DLC, which is to make more fan requests a reality and to keep making more unique characters. Considering the list of demanded characters and how this fan base has expectations and reacts very negatively to anything they deem unworthy, and I can tell you right now that though people would buy them there would be massive outrage.
So, just another day in the Smash fandom.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
People would not be outraged by the prospect of echoes in addition to the three remaining original characters already promised. They would buy them in droves; it's the Smash fanbase.

People would only be outraged depending on who the characters were. If they chose fairly popular characters and made them echoes, people would be upset. But even then I think outraged is an exaggeration. People weren't outraged over Chrom and Dark Samus. Or if they chose characters no one had asked for, but that happens even with unique characters.

In any case, the fanbase would obviously buy any extra characters provided, some would be mad but what else is new, and that clearly doesn't stop Nintendo as evidenced by Fire Emblem characters four through eight.

Shroob

Sup?
There is a difference between buying skins for the only customizable characters in the game or completely updating old/creating new stages and featuring them by themselves and trying to get people to buy a character made from reusing assets from a character that is already in the game and that at best ends up like Ken and at worst ends up like Daisy.

Besides, based on the information we have, it's really lining up that we will get another full pass anyway.
And again, people would buy it. People will spend hundreds for customization and lootboxes in games, you think people wouldn't spend 5 bucks for a clone? Hell, you admit it yourself they would.

"Massive outrage", and what else is new? As long as Nintendo prints money, they don't care lol. They literally slapped a poorly emulated .ROM of Super Mario Sunshine into the Mario HD collection and it took 'em like a month or 2 to actually fix the emulation errors. The only outrage would be online, and how's that working for stuff like Dexit or #FreeSmash? It's not. Sword/Shield are some of the best selling games on the Switch and #SaveSmash almost was completely wiped out in the Sephiroth hype wave. Hell, I think by now it should be pretty damn obvious that the majority of Nintendo fans don't post on social media and just buy their stuff without second thought. I'd wager for every 1 person who had "Massive outrage" over this, anywhere from 3 to 5 downloads would sell.

If they started marketing Echo packs, the only reason people would be pissed is if either:

A) Someone's favorite was confirmed as an echo and not an original character, which, I mean that sucks but at least they're playable at all.
B) They didn't market them as Echoes, and considering that they do do that now, they wouldn't, because Echo Fighters are clearly denoted as being Echoes.

Obviously, I don't ACTUALLY think they will do this, but your reasoning is giving us, the online fanbase, too much credit. Our "Outrage" is drowned out in a sea of the silent majority. They don't care about things like Dexit or #SaveSmash, they see the new Pokemon game or Smash character, they buy. We may grumble online, but we're a minority. A LOUD minority, but a minority. You greatly overestimate how much a couple hundred, maybe thousand, angry fans in a dedicated social media space matter to a company that could lose probably 100k fans and still be well off.

As for more DLC after FP2, yeah, we'll talk about that when that's actually happening. For now, I'm content to speculate on the next 3 Fighters and only them. We still have 3 characters we have no idea the identity of, feels a bit silly to speculate on a 3rd pass when the 2nd one is only now half done, and we probably got another 60+ days til the next character, IMO at least.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can't see Morrigan getting into Smash.

Mai "Smash is for good boys and girls" Shiranui needs to point you no further to see why.

Morrigan is obviously "worse". The boobs are far more on display constantly. She's a sexual character by nature of being a succubus.

Personality? You can tone down, but her design? If Mai had problems even as a cameo on a stage. I can't imagine Morrigan getting much further along.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Mai "Smash is for good boys and girls" Shiranui needs to point you no further to see why.

Morrigan is obviously "worse". The boobs are far more on display constantly. She's a sexual character by nature of being a succubus.

Personality? You can tone down, but her design? If Mai had problems even as a cameo on a stage. I can't imagine Morrigan getting much further along.
Hey did you know Morrigan's appeared in We Love Golf, a game rated 3+ for PEGI and E10 for the ESRB without needing any changes and how CERO's issue is panty shots which doesn't apply to Morrigan at all?

Shroob

Sup?
Hey did you know Morrigan's appeared in We Love Golf, a game rated 3+ for PEGI and E10 for the ESRB without needing any changes and how CERO's issue is panty shots which doesn't apply to Morrigan at all?
They'd still have to cover up her Booba though.

Looking at the Spirits of characters who had pretty noticeable cleavage like Camilla and Mythra, they both got their cleavage covered up, and considering Morrighan's main outfit has a very noticeable amount of cleavage, she'd 100% fall in line I feel.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I dont think even mentioning "we love golf" and ceros's thing with panty shots can help morrigan at all. At the end of the day, if mai shiranui couldn't get in as a stage cameo, then i simply dont see how morrigan can be represented faithfully as a fighter at all, simple as that

osby

Smash Obsessed

I mean, if it's going to help, she did appear in an E-rated game, albeit in a deformed art style (Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo):

1608808608457.png

They'd probably need to tweak her design a bit but I don't think anything too drastic is necessary; Bayo has a noticeable cleavage window in her alt costume and apparently, she's fine with CERO.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, if it's going to help, she did appear in an E-rated game, albeit in a deformed art style (Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo):

View attachment 297007

They'd probably need to tweak her design a bit but I don't think anything too drastic is necessary; Bayo has a noticeable cleavage window in her alt costume and apparently, she's fine with CERO.
I mean, the difference with Bayo is you really can't see anything due to the massive gem thing.

1608809062888.png

Meanwhile:

1608809172705.png

At this point, we're reaching the "Put Mai in a black bodysuit to hide her cleavage and lack of panties" edits that got tossed around during Terry speculation, and I don't see Sakurai altering a 3rd party character THAT much to fit in.

Shroob

Sup?
Like, Morrighan's a character who I'd love just because she'd be great in Smash. She's kinda Capcom's "Let's just toss her in everything we can" character and having her be in Smash would just be icing on the cake.

.....But Smash is also E+10, and Morrighan's design would need to be altered heavily for two very BIG reasons, and if Mai wasn't afforded that luxury, I doubt Morrighan would either.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Regarding the whole Chun-Li conversation earlier:

There's quite a few Capcom reps (and fighting game reps) I'd rather see before we triple down on Street Fighter. That and I never played Chun too much in SF games, so I doubt I'd play her a lot in Smash. Hell, Terry was a mainstay in my KoF teams and I barely play him in Smash anymore.

That said, if any repped series were to get another character, SF (and by extension, Chun) would definitely be up there. I'd put Sonic and Megaman before SF, but I simply can't deny how iconic she is.

So basically, I'm kinda neutral on her. Could definitely understand her inclusion, but I'd also rather have someone else.

dream1ng

Smash Lord
Chun-Li is cool, but I don't care about her much either way.

The thing is that unlike bringing a new series into the fray, or like Sephiroth, actually making the series feel like it's properly represented, the series from which Chun-Li hails is already quite well represented for a third-party.

So without much affinity for the character, the prospect of getting her has me going "meh". I'd rather have a new series.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I see two changes.
They'd still have to cover up her Booba though.

Looking at the Spirits of characters who had pretty noticeable cleavage like Camilla and Mythra, they both got their cleavage covered up, and considering Morrighan's main outfit has a very noticeable amount of cleavage, she'd 100% fall in line I feel.
That's the first image Google gives you but that's a bad angle. Go to Google Images and see the 7th image, I'd post it myself but I'm unable to and what do you know, she still has boobs. Covering up her cleavage a bit is as much work, if not less than they've done for Palutena, Corrin and Bayo.

Shroob

Sup?
That's the first image Google gives you but that's a bad angle. Go to Google Images and see the 7th image, I'd post it myself but I'm unable to and what do you know, she still has boobs. Covering up her cleavage a bit is as much work, if not less than they've done for Palutena, Corrin and Bayo.
Palutena and Corrin never had boob issue, it was always too much leg for them. Corrin's legs got censored by adding more clothing, same with Palu, and Palu's Smash model is pretty 1:1 with her KI:U art. I guess if you like, went super creeper mode on Palu's art you may see a really, REALLY small cleavage line, but I don't.

Bayo's the main one that got censored, and her main censor is really just "She doesn't really get naked". She has a cleavage window in her Bayo 1 outfit, but due to the massive gem on her chest you don't really see much of anything.

Likewise, Morrighan has pretty much the whole kit'n kaboodle hanging out.

Smash 100% censors cleavage AND panties, that's just obvious, we've just really never had a character that would require a huge cleavage censorship, though we have had plenty of spirits that do:

1608810984002.png

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Palutena and Corrin never had boob issue, it was always too much leg for them. Corrin's legs got censored by adding more clothing, same with Palu, and Palu's Smash model is pretty 1:1 with her KI:U art. I guess if you like, went super creeper mode on Palu's art you may see a really, REALLY small cleavage line, but I don't.

Bayo's the main one that got censored, and her main censor is really just "She doesn't really get naked". She has a cleavage window in her Bayo 1 outfit, but due to the massive gem on her chest you don't really see much of anything.

Likewise, Morrighan has pretty much the whole kit'n kaboodle hanging out.

Smash 100% censors cleavage AND panties, that's just obvious, we've just really never had a character that would require a huge cleavage censorship, though we have had plenty of spirits that do:

I just don't see how the hell it's such a major deal that a slight change is absolutely out of the question when Capcom themselves have plenty of times, another example being the children's cartoon Darkstalkers. It honestly isn't an issue at all

Shroob

Sup?
I just don't see how the hell it's such a major deal that a slight change is absolutely out of the question when Capcom themselves have plenty of times, another example being the children's cartoon Darkstalkers. It honestly isn't an issue at all
I feel like at the end of the day the simple question is if Sakurai would do it or not.

Forgive me for being a guy, but one of the main appeals of Morrighan are her ****, she IS a succubus after all, and this goes doubly so for Mai. Mai got axed due to "Panties" as we've been told, but I'd be hard pressed to believe that her massive swingin' badonks didn't play a role in it either. If Mai wasn't worth the effort, despite her basically being SNK's poster girl, I just don't see Morrighan getting lucky. Yeah, Mai would have just been a background element, but she's also one of the most well known SNK characters period.

Maybe Sakurai doesn't want to alter designs 'too' much, who knows, even Bayo's censorship isn't altering her design, it's just her keeping her clothes on when she attacks, and the characters who have been censored on the roster, the changes are soo minor you don't notice, like Corrin's pants.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but if Mai couldn't get it done, color me skeptical.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I feel like at the end of the day the simple question is if Sakurai would do it or not.

Forgive me for being a guy, but one of the main appeals of Morrighan are her ****, she IS a succubus after all, and this goes doubly so for Mai. Mai got axed due to "Panties" as we've been told, but I'd be hard pressed to believe that her massive swingin' badonks didn't play a role in it either. If Mai wasn't worth the effort, despite her basically being SNK's poster girl, I just don't see Morrighan getting lucky. Yeah, Mai would have just been a background element, but she's also one of the most well known SNK characters period.

Maybe Sakurai doesn't want to alter designs 'too' much, who knows, even Bayo's censorship isn't altering her design, it's just her keeping her clothes on when she attacks, and the characters who have been censored on the roster, the changes are soo minor you don't notice, like Corrin's pants.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but if Mai couldn't get it done, color me skeptical.
Mai's in an outfit meant to allow free movement which emphasizes her jiggling alongside the panty issue Sakurai's gone on ranting about in the past. Again, Morrigan's outfit is significantly tamer. This just screams "I am a Good Christian Boy who is very afraid". You can change the outfit while keeping the identity, it's happened before and Sakurai's willing to change up stuff like Palutena's model and Bayo's diamond patterened leg holes no longer exposing as much skin.

Shroob

Sup?
Mai's in an outfit meant to allow free movement which emphasizes her jiggling alongside the panty issue Sakurai's gone on ranting about in the past. Again, Morrigan's outfit is significantly tamer. This just screams "I am a Good Christian Boy who is very afraid". You can change the outfit while keeping the identity, it's happened before and Sakurai's willing to change up stuff like Palutena's model and Bayo's diamond patterened leg holes no longer exposing as much skin.
Gwen, please, if you looked at my browser history, you'd see I'm anything but lol.

I just personally don't see it. I'd LIKE it, don't get me wrong, but when I look at Morrighan's design, you basically have to cover her entire chest area, which again, would fall in line closer to what happened with the Mythra/Camilla spirits, and we really don't know if Sakurai would alter a 3rd party character to that extreme. With Mai, he chose not to, so we have precedence that he could not, but we also can't say one way or another sincerely, I just don't think he'd do it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Gwen, please, if you looked at my browser history, you'd see I'm anything but lol.

I just personally don't see it. I'd LIKE it, don't get me wrong, but when I look at Morrighan's design, you basically have to cover her entire chest area, which again, would fall in line closer to what happened with the Mythra/Camilla spirits, and we really don't know if Sakurai would alter a 3rd party character to that extreme. With Mai, he chose not to, so we have precedence that he could not, but we also can't say one way or another sincerely, I just don't think he'd do it.
You already said this but Mai's role would have been a background cameo. I'm not a game developer, but having to make a model and change it's design every time you check in with CERO until they approve it sounds like it's not worth the effort for that. And again, we've had it for Bayo, who has an open boob window which her outfit draws attention to, I don't see Morrigan happening, but not because of this completely made up argument that a man who's willing to change a playable character's design when needed having a character who's already had multiple kid friendly versions of her outfit with barely any changes and going "nope, wouldn't fit the character, get out." The issue would clearly be Darkstalkers being a low ass priority compared to literally anything else.

Arcane Jill

Smash Apprentice
Am I the only one who would rather have Demitri over Morrigan? I know Morrigan is the breakout character for the series, but Demitri is the MC after all. Feel like the only real problem he has is that Midnight Bliss would be a huge dev time sink if they don't cheap out on it. Amusingly, Ryu, Ken, and Terry already have canon transformations for it due to crossovers.

Shroob

Sup?
You already said this but Mai's role would have been a background cameo. I'm not a game developer, but having to make a model and change it's design every time you check in with CERO until they approve it sounds like it's not worth the effort for that. And again, we've had it for Bayo, who has an open boob window which her outfit draws attention to, I don't see Morrigan happening, but not because of this completely made up argument that a man who's willing to change a playable character's design when needed having a character who's already had multiple kid friendly versions of her outfit with barely any changes and going "nope, wouldn't fit the character, get out." The issue would clearly be Darkstalkers being a low ass priority compared to literally anything else.
I mean, you keep bringing up Bayo but like, there's quite a big difference in Bayo's and Morrighan's lol.

Bayo may as well not even have one because that giant emblem thing covers up like 80% of the hole, while Morrighan's goes down past her sternum. I can't see any cleavage in Bayo's render to the point it may as well just not even exist.

I can 100% see a design that would work where basically you remove the entire boob window on Morrighan and make her top just be a completely solid black with the fur trim wrapping around. but again, tis just my opinion on the matter. Sakurai HAS had to play ball over and over again with CERO to approve something(Palutena), where he had to constantly go back and forth and back and forth with them til he found a design that made them happy, so he's done it in the past, but I just dunno.

SKX31

Smash Master
"Massive outrage", and what else is new? As long as Nintendo prints money, they don't care lol. They literally slapped a poorly emulated .ROM of Super Mario Sunshine into the Mario HD collection and it took 'em like a month or 2 to actually fix the emulation errors. The only outrage would be online, and how's that working for stuff like Dexit or #FreeSmash? It's not. Sword/Shield are some of the best selling games on the Switch and #SaveSmash almost was completely wiped out in the Sephiroth hype wave. Hell, I think by now it should be pretty damn obvious that the majority of Nintendo fans don't post on social media and just buy their stuff without second thought. I'd wager for every 1 person who had "Massive outrage" over this, anywhere from 3 to 5 downloads would sell.
While I do agree to a large extent that Nintendo gives no ****s, I kinda believe there's a better example to be made than #SaveSmash. Something like the opposition to fan projects while providing very little recourse themselves might be a better example. To go in depth:

I'm saying that because on the surface SaveSmash's not affecting Nintendo much at all. But the issue for Nintendo (even as it is a relatively small issue) is that them shutting down tournaments in situations when they can't enforce their own terms - even their own tournaments...

... it give people like Ludwig Ahgren plenty of room to go "I'mma make my own charity tournaments. With Blackjack and hookers!". Also, without Nintendo ads. It's a problem for Nintendo's marketing and messaging, especially when the competitive community at large has begun to turn to Patreon and charity drives (this also happened with the Squid House, the Splatoon replacement tournament). If Nintendo C&D's such a charity tournament, well, they'll get even more bad PR at least and risk having that story picked up by more outlets.

And Ludwig raised $260K+ throughout his Melee tournament - with all of that going to charity. It was "only" a $25K prize pool. That tournament attracted a 50K viewership number - those 50K people would've ordinarily likely seen the Big House (The tournament that got C&D'd initially, Nintendo-sponsored) and seen those Nintendo ads. But nope. Neither Dexit nor many other of the controversies have such a "luxury", even if it's small.

Nintendo wants to lean into the competitive scene because it's, well, free marketing. Nintendo also will never leave games like Melee alone (despite what prominent Melee players like Leffen and Armada want). That's been the case with how they've approached competitive scenes. But I'd argue that the real and percieved mistreatment from Nintendo's end, as well as how people like Ludwig have responded, are undermining Nintendo's marketing; and there's a chance that the uproar will force Nintendo to the negotiating table with a group that has become outright hostile towards Nintendo and skeptical of Nintendo's intentions with anything. Time will tell if this happens (there's a chance this does not and a real split endures, granted).

It's not just something that affects Smash's competitive scene either - the Splatoon competitive scene set up the Squid House when Nintendo cancelled the NA Online Open' livestream ($27K+ raised IIRC), and the ARMS scene is largely not happy about Nintendo's treatment either.

Am I the only one who would rather have Demitri over Morrigan? I know Morrigan is the breakout character for the series, but Demitri is the MC after all. Feel like the only real problem he has is that Midnight Bliss would be a huge dev time sink if they don't cheap out on it. Amusingly, Ryu, Ken, and Terry already have canon transformations for it due to crossovers.
Kinda think they'd not want Midnight Bliss because then they'd have to make an official Bowsette. :4dedede:

Nah, but as far as Darkstalkers is concerned, I'm not picky. Perfectly fine with Morrigan, Demitri or Jedah, hell even the lower profile characters like B.B. Hood and Jon Talbain would be welcome surprises.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
While I do agree to a large extent that Nintendo gives no ****s, I kinda believe there's a better example to be made than #SaveSmash. Something like the opposition to fan projects while providing very little recourse themselves might be a better example. To go in depth:

I'm saying that because on the surface SaveSmash's not affecting Nintendo much at all. But the issue for Nintendo (even as it is a relatively small issue) is that them shutting down tournaments in situations when they can't enforce their own terms - even their own tournaments...

... it give people like Ludwig Ahgren plenty of room to go "I'mma make my own charity tournaments. With Blackjack and hookers!". Also, without Nintendo ads. It's a problem for Nintendo's marketing and messaging, especially when the competitive community at large has begun to turn to Patreon and charity drives (this also happened with the Squid House, the Splatoon replacement tournament). If Nintendo C&D's such a charity tournament, well, they'll get even more bad PR at least and risk having that story picked up by more outlets.

And Ludwig raised $260K+ throughout his Melee tournament - with all of that going to charity. It was "only" a $25K prize pool. That tournament attracted a 50K viewership number - those 50K people would've ordinarily likely seen the Big House (The tournament that got C&D'd initially, Nintendo-sponsored) and seen those Nintendo ads. But nope. Neither Dexit nor many other of the controversies have such a "luxury", even if it's small.

Nintendo wants to lean into the competitive scene because it's, well, free marketing. Nintendo also will never leave games like Melee alone (despite what prominent Melee players like Leffen and Armada want). That's been the case with how they've approached competitive scenes. But I'd argue that the real and percieved mistreatment from Nintendo's end, as well as how people like Ludwig have responded, are undermining Nintendo's marketing; and there's a chance that the uproar will force Nintendo to the negotiating table with a group that has become outright hostile towards Nintendo and skeptical of Nintendo's intentions with anything. Time will tell if this happens (there's a chance this does not and a real split endures, granted).

It's not just something that affects Smash's competitive scene either - the Splatoon competitive scene set up the Squid House when Nintendo cancelled the NA Online Open' livestream ($27K+ raised IIRC), and the ARMS scene is largely not happy about Nintendo's treatment either.

Kinda think they'd not want Midnight Bliss because then they'd have to make an official Bowsette. :4dedede:

Nah, but as far as Darkstalkers is concerned, I'm not picky. Perfectly fine with Morrigan, Demitri or Jedah, hell even the lower profile characters like B.B. Hood and Jon Talbain would be welcome surprises.
I mean, the issue with this is you can pretty much see how this'll go down.

Nintendo, "Don't use Slippi."

Melee players, "We refuse."

Nintendo, Lawyers up

SKX31

Smash Master
I mean, the issue with this is you can pretty much see how this'll go down.

Nintendo, "Don't use Slippi."

Melee players, "We refuse."

Nintendo, Lawyers up
The Melee players are not looking to win the legal argument - overall the streaming rights' issue appears to be complex, although there's a consensus that the IP rights are overwhelmingly on Nintendo's side - but Nintendo lawyering up against charity tournaments would be a PR nightmare for Nintendo. Akin to when Nintendo attempted to shut down the EVO 2013 Melee tournament - the fundraising that secured the slot there went to a breast cancer charity, and that was one reason Nintendo reversed course then.

This is getting off topic quickly, so I'll not say much if any more.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

With 3 characters down and 3 more remaining, most of us probably haven't changed our predictions all that much. Sephiroth being introduced pretty much means 1 character is out in the running on our predictions.

Like for instance, I was thinking Cadence from Crypt of the NecroDancer would be in Smash with a rhythm based mechanic involving her moveset, but it was always going to be incredibly hard to develop since we're dealing with over a thousands tracks, and negotiations are probably needed for it since Sakurai apparently had to ask permission from every music holder to put their songs on Battlefield (I don't have a citation for this I just saw it on the previous Newcomer thread). It's certainly safe to say she isn't coming even if she wasn't seen super likely anyways.

So tell me. Who of the 4 characters you thought were gonna be in Smash until Sephiroth killed them?

Last edited by a moderator:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean, you keep bringing up Bayo but like, there's quite a big difference in Bayo's and Morrighan's lol.

Bayo may as well not even have one because that giant emblem thing covers up like 80% of the hole, while Morrighan's goes down past her sternum. I can't see any cleavage in Bayo's render to the point it may as well just not even exist.

I can 100% see a design that would work where basically you remove the entire boob window on Morrighan and make her top just be a completely solid black with the fur trim wrapping around. but again, tis just my opinion on the matter. Sakurai HAS had to play ball over and over again with CERO to approve something(Palutena), where he had to constantly go back and forth and back and forth with them til he found a design that made them happy, so he's done it in the past, but I just dunno.
That emblem doesn't just cover it up but also emphasizes her boob window as it draws attention to it. That's fashion 101 lmao

You mean like Palutena's? That would work perfectly. Her initial issue was a panty shot
Who of the 4 characters you thought were gonna be in Smash until Sephiroth killed them?
Galleem and Mario

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Apparently asked this already, delete please

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord

After looking through several of her designs on crossover stuff and how they're handling her cleavage the only game that actually cover up her cleavage is in Zombie Cafe.

I know the thing that makes this stupid is the chibi artstyle but compare to her appearance in Puzzle Fighter which also incorporate chibi art they still keep her cleavage hanging around.

I mean it's less noticeable but they could just add more clothing around her chest just like in Zombie Cafe.

(Forgot to mentioned the Darkstalkers US animated series which also nerf her cleavage out)

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
People would not be outraged by the prospect of echoes in addition to the three remaining original characters already promised. They would buy them in droves; it's the Smash fanbase.

People would only be outraged depending on who the characters were. If they chose fairly popular characters and made them echoes, people would be upset. But even then I think outraged is an exaggeration. People weren't outraged over Chrom and Dark Samus. Or if they chose characters no one had asked for, but that happens even with unique characters.

In any case, the fanbase would obviously buy any extra characters provided, some would be mad but what else is new, and that clearly doesn't stop Nintendo as evidenced by Fire Emblem characters four through eight.
I know it won't happen, but I have this tiny hope that there will be a Christmas drop of a few echoes. Octoling, Impa, and Dixie are at the top of the list for me. But I might as well add in that I think Boo could be an echo of 'Puff, or Baby Mario and Baby Luigi of the IC's.

I'm a dreamer, I know.

Strife

Banned via Warnings
What do you mean she’d be another shoto? She plays NOTHING like them. If you mean she’s have inputs then just say that instead of calling her a playstyle that is the furthest thing from her
He probably mean that she has a hadouken and shoryuken like move.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
With 3 characters down and 3 more remaining, most of us probably haven't changed our predictions all that much. Sephiroth being introduced pretty much means 1 character is out in the running on our predictions.

Like for instance, I was thinking Cadence from Crypt of the NecroDancer would be in Smash with a rhythm based mechanic involving her moveset, but it was always going to be incredibly hard to develop since we're dealing with over a thousands tracks, and negotiations are probably needed for it since Sakurai apparently had to ask permission from every music holder to put their songs on Battlefield (I don't have a citation for this I just saw it on the previous Newcomer thread). It's certainly safe to say she isn't coming even if she wasn't seen super likely anyways.

So tell me. Who of the 4 characters you thought were gonna be in Smash until Sephiroth killed them?
Honestly, the only prediction of mine that changed is that I'm now thinking Lloyd is the frontrunner for FP9. The fact that he's the final Namco costume remaining after 3 different characters who hail from sword and sorcery JRPGs makes me 🤔 more than a little bit.

Plus, Lloyd is kind of the perfect character to start winding things down after the double whammy that was Steve and Sephiroth. His series is big and his game is well remembered, but he's not from a massive, household series like Minecraft or Final Fantasy. Likewise, while he's never been a longtime fan request like Geno or Issac, he's always been relatively popular in the eyes of the general Smash community. He just seems like a good choice to have filled the general niche that Terry filled last time, a third party who's not massive but still has a lot going for them. Having a dual-wielder in Smash would be pretty neat.

Other than that, my prediction of Ryu Hayabusa or FP10 and a first-party promotional character (most likely from BotW or that 3-D Kirby game referenced in Fighters' code) for FP11 stands. I used to have Bandana Waddle Dee as my FP9 prediction, and I still think he's a relatively strong candidate for FP9 if that want to get a character who's closer to Banjo than Terry for that role, but it feels more like the stars are aligning for Lloyd.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Even though it's Christmas Eve and not Day yet:

Merry Christmas guys!

Regarding the whole Chun-Li conversation earlier:

There's quite a few Capcom reps (and fighting game reps) I'd rather see before we triple down on Street Fighter. That and I never played Chun too much in SF games, so I doubt I'd play her a lot in Smash. Hell, Terry was a mainstay in my KoF teams and I barely play him in Smash anymore.

That said, if any repped series were to get another character, SF (and by extension, Chun) would definitely be up there. I'd put Sonic and Megaman before SF, but I simply can't deny how iconic she is.

So basically, I'm kinda neutral on her. Could definitely understand her inclusion, but I'd also rather have someone else.
I hope we see Chun-Li, but if it came down to it I would prefer to see a Soul Calibur rep first like Yoshimitsu or Nightmare. Yoshimitsu could rep both Tekken and Soul Calibur so he would be perfect for representing both series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom