• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Nier Automata Route B onwards spoilers!

I mean you could make the argument that 9S is the real main character of Nier Automata... I don't agree but there is a solid argument.
Well, I'd say 9S is the main character. Him and A2, or at least they have a bigger role than 2B. Not to say 2B isn't important. I think another way to put it would be like, 2B is the face/mascot of the game, but 9S and A2 are the protagonists.

Miriam looks great when she's not wearing all sorts of ugly hats in Bloodstained, though I'd still prefer Alucard and Soma over her personally.
Oh yeah, most hats were kinda ugly to my taste. I only equipped one of those when it was significant better in terms of stats than anything else I had.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I mean, the act of speaking in a low voice and threatening someone's life aren't really mutually exclusive.

...Remind me why we're discussing this, again?
DarthEnderX DarthEnderX said Reimu would be a Mii Gunner, but I thought she'd be a Swordfighter instead because the gohei is effectively a whacky stick, which led to semi-serious discussion on whether or not the gohei is a club, which caused SKX31 SKX31 to attempt a Teddy Roosevelt joke, which led to the above Reimu quote.

And now you know :4pacman:

Ivander

Smash Legend
4 in one character. Goemon Team? maybe? please..
Obviously, the 4 in one character would be Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello and Raphael Captain Commando with Mack/Jennety, Ginzu/Sho and Baby Head/Hoover.
Will Mii Swordfighter finally get a Premium Mii outfit?
Still waiting on that Shovel Knight outfit.

Last edited:

ChunkySlugger72

Smash Lord
I'd personally choose Pokemon and Crash/Coco.
Crash/Coco Bandicoot and Pokemon and it's not even close as the other 3 passes don't do anything for me.

Crash Bandicoot is currently my most wanted newcomer and I'm big Pokemon fan, So I definitely don't have no complaints with that particular pass.

Last edited:

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
Lets see. Mii costumes.

Ryu Hyabusa, Monster Hunter 1, Monster Hunter 2, KOSMOS, XB2 character.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
I think tomorrow will be as average as the reveal was tbh. We’ll see the return of Lloyd or Mon Hun, we’ll get some Xenoblade/maybe Xenosaga costumes, some additional Nintendo costume & then a smaller, but popular third party series.

I hope I’m wrong though. The past couple weeks of speculation haven’t been too exciting for me so I’m down for something to spark things up again.... Just as long as it’s not one of my Most Wanteds being Miied. <_<

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Monkey's Paw twists

Your wish has been granted.

The first 16 Mii Fighters in my lvl 9 cpu tournament | Smash Ultimate Amino
I don't think Dante would be a Deluxe, but I actually am thinking we could see a Dante Mii Costume in this wave

Also, Mii Swordfighter does have Dante Esque moveset, if you use this following Preset

Blurring Blade (3)
Gale Stab (2)
Stone Scabbard (1)
Blade Counter (1)

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Eh, "Premium Mii" isn't a set in stone term. AFAIK, most people consider Vault Boy and Bomberman to be one as well, despite no music.
Yeah, I view PreMiiums as any Mii that looks like you're playing as the actual character. That would be Sans, Cuphead, Vault Boy, and Bomberman. Full-body Miis like Black Knight and Altair don't count, since the proportions are off and it's clear it's just a costume, not the actual characters. Similarly, the Creeper and Pig Miis don't count over, as Creepers and Pigs don't move and stand the way they do.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Please do NOT let Elma or KOS-MOS get Mii’d tomorrow... 🥺

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Please do NOT let Elma or KOS-MOS get Mii’d tomorrow... 🥺
Honestly, I don't think we're getting another Xeno character for DLC regardless. Certainly not this pass, but even with FP3 I'm doubtful. Maybe I'm just being arbitrary, but I don't really see two Monado icons popping up on the DLC Spirit Board. It'd just look rather redundant. Unless, of course, we're now predicting more Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy characters too.

Shroob

Sup?
I will always find Pokemon's lack of anything...suspicious, frankly.

I don't really want a Pokemon as DLC, especially now when there's 2 slots left for DLC, but it just feels incredibly strange that other big Switch titles like 3 Houses, Xenoblade 2, and ARMs have hitched a ride into Ultimate, and yet, Pokemon of all franchises, the one that gets a spot reserved for it in the base game, has gotten nothing.

I really don't want a new Pokemon at this point, but I can never help but give the series a look of suspicion.

SharkLord

Smash Hero

I don't really want a Pokemon as DLC, especially now when there's 2 slots left for DLC, but it just feels incredibly strange that other big Switch titles like 3 Houses, Xenoblade 2, and ARMs have hitched a ride into Ultimate, and yet, Pokemon of all franchises, the one that gets a spot reserved for it in the base game, has gotten nothing.

I really don't want a new Pokemon at this point, but I can never help but give the series a look of suspicion.
I mean, we got the Spirit Event. That at least counts for something, I think.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Honestly, I don't think we're getting another Xeno character for DLC regardless. Certainly not this pass, but even with FP3 I'm doubtful. Maybe I'm just being arbitrary, but I don't really see two Monado icons popping up on the DLC Spirit Board. It'd just look rather redundant. Unless, of course, we're now predicting more Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy characters too.
The only caveat I can see is them using the X to represent Xenoblade X for Elma’s side of the Xenoblade series

bit even then that’s doubtful...

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
DarthEnderX DarthEnderX said Reimu would be a Mii Gunner, but I thought she'd be a Swordfighter instead because the gohei is effectively a whacky stick, which led to semi-serious discussion on whether or not the gohei is a club, which caused SKX31 SKX31 to attempt a Teddy Roosevelt joke, which led to the above Reimu quote.

And now you know :4pacman:
Well I only see one answer to this and that is to make Reimu a Mii brawler just to cause further confusion.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Ok maybe this isn’t exactly the same thing but if Kasumi got in over Ryu Hayabusa I’mma say that’s a slap in the face for me.
I dunno, I'd be stupendously happy with Dead or Alive representation. For ME, I'd honestly be happy with Hayabusa BECAUSE that would TECHNICALLY mean that DOA is repped, but if they just skipped around the bush and went right for the runaway ninja herself, Kasumi, then I'd be a happy boy

Even if we all know that Hitomi and Mila are ACTUALLY the best DOA girls.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I dunno, I'd be stupendously happy with Dead or Alive representation. For ME, I'd honestly be happy with Hayabusa BECAUSE that would TECHNICALLY mean that DOA is repped, but if they just skipped around the bush and went right for the runaway ninja herself, Kasumi, then I'd be a happy boy

Even if we all know that Hitomi and Mila are ACTUALLY the best DOA girls.
Two really odd ways of spelling Tina Armstrong. :4pacman:

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

The Spirit Event is also really low-key and none of the Pokemon that would be selected as the fighter are on it as well.

Not to mention DP Remakes could easily be their out for new Spirits, 'cause it most likely is gonna have new stuff in it like ORAS did.

So what I'm saying is:

bunnyisinnevitable2.png

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Yeah, but at the same time, no base game stage, no Gen 8 music, I dunno, Pokemon feels like the slasher villain who won't stay dead to me. You pump it full of lead in one movie, it's somehow alive in the sequel.
I mean like

What avenue would there even be for them to put in Gen 8 music besides a new character? At that point it's not suspiciously absent anymore, it's just something that happens if a new Pokemon happens, and if a new Pokemon doesn't happen, it doesn't happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom