• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

rexfan53

Smash Apprentice
I actually don't think we're going to get many (if any) Xenoblade costumes. Obviously we could, but we could've for 3H and we didn't get any. We only got one ARMS one with Min Min.

And this is very patternist, but series that don't bring a lot of costumes tend to come with some pretty interesting alternatives. Banjo had Goemon and Sans. Byleth had Rabbids, Altair and Cuphead. Min Min had Heihachi and Vault Boy. So I'm looking forward to seeing what shows up with Pyra/Mythra.

I think if there's any time for KOS-MOS to be a costume, it's now. And I do have to agree that, despite the shaky reasoning, it does seem like Lloyd may very well meet his fate during this presentation.
I think we might get a lora or addam mii and possibly a jonesy one due to that little no comment thing that possibly does not mean anything

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Well, for all intents and purposes, there's not a whole lot of time left in February, and according to Nintendo VS, we'll learn more about them "soon".

Wonder how soon is soon though.
Depends on what definition of soon Nintendo is using.

If it actually is soon, it could happen next week.

If they want a reveal, release the same day combo like with Terry's showcase, they wait until March.

Otherwise it's between March 1 and March 31.

SpecterFlower

Smash Ace
I think namco has the same role as capcom did in the last pass, mii costume fodder, since cappcom didn't get a character a namco one was always unlikely, however Capcom has a chance for this pass unlike the last one.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm holding out hope that Monster Hunter won't show up on the Mii chopping block. Their chances are better than most, so I'm not giving up on them until I see the costumes.
I don't think you have anywhere near as much to worry about right now as opposed to Lloyd fans tbh.

Sure, it could happen no doubt, but I think Lloyd's got it worse.

Bobthealligator

Smash Ace
Given the character voice slot dump, i bet it is safe to say this will be the character that takes up wo voice spaces. so single only characters or another 2 in one with a mute is what is left.

we are ending on an official number of 82.
They removed the extra slot. So no voice theory never was, and still isn't an accurate indicator of what character we're getting

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
I actually don't think we're going to get many (if any) Xenoblade costumes. Obviously we could, but we could've for 3H and we didn't get any. We only got one ARMS one with Min Min.

And this is very patternist, but series that don't bring a lot of costumes tend to come with some pretty interesting alternatives. Banjo had Goemon and Sans. Byleth had Rabbids, Altair and Cuphead. Min Min had Heihachi and Vault Boy. So I'm looking forward to seeing what shows up with Pyra/Mythra.

I think if there's any time for KOS-MOS to be a costume, it's now. And I do have to agree that, despite the shaky reasoning, it does seem like Lloyd may very well meet his fate during this presentation.
I kind of agree. I don't think we'll get a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 costume, aside from maybe XBC2's version of KOS-MOS, but we may get costumes of Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X and either of Melia's main costumes from Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.

I also kinda hope for Shulk to be updated in this update with a new costume for his Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition: Future Connection appearance. Its unlikely, but, hey, so was Omnislash ver 5.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I kind of agree. I don't think we'll get a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 costume, aside from maybe XBC2's version of KOS-MOS, but we may get costumes of Elma from Xenoblade Chronicles X and either of Melia's main costumes from Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition.

I also kinda hope for Shulk to be updated in this update with a new costume for his Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition: Future Connection appearance. Its unlikely, but, hey, so was Omnislash ver 5.
Well Omnislash v. 5 was an addition to a costume.
Shulk's REX outfit would have to replace one of the colors of his party members or his swimsuit, considering they keep the 8 costumes limit.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Monster Hunter is also an RPG franchise and the costumes are for Mii Swordfighter so they could also fit.
That's true; While not as "straightforward" with their RPG elements, for lack of a better word, we could easily end up with Monster Hunter Miis. Given the upcoming release of Rise, they could easily be added for a quick promotion. The thing is, everyone's been expecting Lloyd's head to roll since Gil and calling Monster Hunter as a frontrunner since Rise's announcement. Lloyd and the Hunters have had different expectations for months, and that's carried over to now.

Shado-will

Smash Journeyman
Oh ya.

Is Pyra/Mythra our first DLC character since Plant WITHOUT a fully cinematic Final Smash?

That's pretty neat.
I don't know. The Pyra and Mythra trailer was like a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 cutscene, the same way that the Byleth trailer was like a Three Houses cutscene.

EDIT: MISREAD OOPS LMAO

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I don't know. The Pyra and Mythra trailer was like a Xenoblade Chronicles 2 cutscene, the same way that the Byleth trailer was like a Three Houses cutscene.
Final Smash, not trailer.

There's a bit of it at the beginning where they summon Rex, but the rest is all done in game.

Polan

Smash Lord
I do find it funny that so many people immediately jumped off of the Monster Hunter stuff in March train. It was one of the most common prediction I've seen lately outside of Chun-Li and Crash. The only thing that changed is that this character wasn't from Capcom. I guess people are really set on Capcom getting a character.
im still on the monster hunter train. like we have straight up evidence that they were planned in some way for the base game which is far more than other characters have. would fit in nicely with all of the "revisited characters" trend we have going.

DevaAshera

Smash Champion
Oh ya.

Is Pyra/Mythra our first DLC character since Plant WITHOUT a fully cinematic Final Smash?

That's pretty neat.
Yes, I believe so.
Well Omnislash v. 5 was an addition to a costume.
Shulk's REX outfit would have to replace one of the colors of his party members or his swimsuit, considering they keep the 8 costumes limit.
I know, and I'm fine with losing one to gain the Future Connected outfit.

I.D.

Smash Lord
Me neither but people are gonna act like 2 had been treated super poorly in the base game while X literally has no songs
Both were treated poorly. Monolith Soft as a whole was treated poorly considering they only got 2 mii costumes for significant content up until Pyra and Mythra, years after the game initially released. Nobody is going to deny X content is lacking and this attempt at instigating animosity between fans is pathetic.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Final Smash, not trailer.

There's a bit of it at the beginning where they summon Rex, but the rest is all done in game.
Yeah, I like it better this way. Doesn't drag you out of the fight, but still has enough stylistic shots to make it look extra flashy.

I kinda wish Final Smashes had a little something extra so you can do something beyond watching. Not something confusing like DK's old FS, just some little things. Maybe you could hold the button to make it stronger but it puts you at risk, or you could mash the button while you pummel the opponent to maximize the damage output. Simple stuff like that. Also, move it to a separate button so you can still use your neutral special without wasting your Final Smash.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Next month is going to be nail biting for both Lloyd and MH fans. Both have reasons for why they could show up in the next Mii costume pack, and while I understand why more are fretting over Lloyd, there's reason to worry for MH. It's definitely going to be rough going into the presentation when both are wanted fighters.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Guilty confession.

Were it not for Rei, I'd forget that X is even a thing. It feels like it's just "That game that came out on the WiiU and no one talks about it except people who played it."
Imma keep it real with u chief

X has literally made an impact on me when I was going through a tough time in my life. Exploring that vast sci-fi world helped get my mind off my troubles. It’s also the sci-fi JRPG I’ve craved since the OG Xenosaga trilogy. While I enjoy stuff like Star Ocean, it kinda lacks that... vibe that Xenosaga and X have

that’s why I’m hoping Kossy and Elma survive this pack AND they announce more fighters still. I wanna see this impactful game represented in full

Dinoman96

Smash Master
I think namco has the same role as capcom did in the last pass, mii costume fodder, since cappcom didn't get a character a namco one was always unlikely, however Capcom has a chance for this pass unlike the last one.
Pretty much this. I honestly felt like releasing the Heihachi and Gil outfits with unrelated characters quitely killed the chances of a new Namco character this pass. I expect Lloyd to return with Pyra/Mythra and that'll be the end of it, I think.

Capcom I still think has a chance because in comparison to Namco/Square-Enix, they had a whole crapload of Mii outfits from Smash 4 that had to be brought back and naturally they weren't going to hold them all back for a character releasing way further down the line in Ultimate's lifespan. So it made sense to spread out the Mega Man ones throughout FP1 where they definitely weren't getting a new fighter, but since then, the MH outfits remain at large...

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Yeah, I like it better this way. Doesn't drag you out of the fight, but still has enough stylistic shots to make it look extra flashy.

I kinda wish Final Smashes had a little something extra so you can do something beyond watching. Not something confusing like DK's old FS, just some little things. Maybe you could hold the button to make it stronger but it puts you at risk, or you could mash the button when you pummel the opponent to maximize the damage output. Simple stuff like that. Also, move it to a separate button so you can still use your neutral special without wasting your Final Smash.
Yeah, would actually be a bit easier to use them as combo finishers too. Kinda wish the knockback was even weaker when using the meter. They're pretty much nerfed already compared to their Smash Ball counterparts, I think they could do it.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
dumb idea: POKEMON RIVAL! Take Silver from Gen 2 for example, he'd have an assortment of unique Pokemon instead of more ****ing starters. Maybe he'd have Feraligatr, but the other two can be something totally new like Haunter or Sneasel. Incorporate some ''evil'' looking guys. IDK, it just popped into my head last night.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I wish for Final Smashes to be balanced around the entire moveset to be honest, like how Other fighters do it

Perhaps make them blockable and cost resources in exchange for Powerful moves that might not fit into regular moveset. It could be balanced for competitive, but It still be flashy and powerful enough for Casuals to love using it

Otoad64

Smash Lord
dumb idea: POKEMON RIVAL! Take Silver from Gen 2 for example, he'd have an assortment of unique Pokemon instead of more ****ing starters. Maybe he'd have Feraligatr, but the other two can be something totally new like Haunter or Sneasel. Incorporate some ''evil'' looking guys. IDK, it just popped into my head last night.
how is that a dumb idea?

honestly though I would rather an evil team leader

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I kinda wish Final Smashes had a little something extra so you can do something beyond watching. Not something confusing like DK's old FS, just some little things. Maybe you could hold the button to make it stronger but it puts you at risk, or you could mash the button while you pummel the opponent to maximize the damage output. Simple stuff like that. Also, move it to a separate button so you can still use your neutral special without wasting your Final Smash.
I disagree, I believe that supers should be a joy to watch, so forcing players to button mash or whatever to get more off of the move is just tedious. Like, let's look at this for a sec
This is what, top 3 longest supers in the game so far after Nago's and Heavenly Potemkin Buster? It builds up anticipation with Faust rushing you with the wheelchair and the payoff is so godlike.

Sidenote can we just have like 10 Guilty Gear characters in Smash please and thank you

im still on the monster hunter train. like we have straight up evidence that they were planned in some way for the base game which is far more than other characters have. would fit in nicely with all of the "revisited characters" trend we have going.
Yeah, Monster Hunter has a lot going for it. I do think if the costumes don't show up here then there's a really good chance for a character of some sort later, be it Monster Hunter or something else Capcom. If that's not the case there's a good chance we'll see the costumes with Pyra and Mythra, though. Promotion and all that.

If we do get a playable hunter later, I think there's a higher chance it will reference Rise than if we had gotten them now. And that would only be a good thing if you ask me.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Considering the possibility of the Last Fighter being from Splatoon, I'd imagine that it could be even worse than Byleth lmao.
The Splatoon series has sold more with 2 games than FE has with 20, it definitely deserves at least one more Fighter in Smash.

RealLuigisWearPink

Smash Ace
how is that a dumb idea?

honestly though I would rather an evil team leader
i generally like to call my idas dumb because it protects my fragile ego when people **** on them-I mean, i call it dumb for lolz yeah that's it

Evil team leader would also be cool. Any preference which? Giovanni seems the obvious answer but all his Pokemon would probably be similar, ''slow but sturdy'' types

Otoad64

Smash Lord
i generally like to call my idas dumb because it protects my fragile ego when people **** on them-I mean, i call it dumb for lolz yeah that's it

Evil team leader would also be cool. Any preference which? Giovanni seems the obvious answer but all his Pokemon would probably be similar, ''slow but sturdy'' types
yeah I was thinking Giovanni. Lusamine would also be cool

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Nah bro self deprecation like that is what really hurts the ego. Just say it's unrealistic instead of putting yourself down like that, cause I'm pretty sure most people would like it if were to somehow happen
yeah I was thinking Giovanni. Lusamine would also be cool
TPC: "Lusamine is a hero, prepare to get sued for slandering our property"

Pillow

Smash Lord
Imma keep it real with u chief

X has literally made an impact on me when I was going through a tough time in my life. Exploring that vast sci-fi world helped get my mind off my troubles. It’s also the sci-fi JRPG I’ve craved since the OG Xenosaga trilogy. While I enjoy stuff like Star Ocean, it kinda lacks that... vibe that Xenosaga and X have

that’s why I’m hoping Kossy and Elma survive this pack AND they announce more fighters still. I wanna see this impactful game represented in full
The game that kept me going through my rough patch in grad school was League of Legends (alongside copious amounts of hard drugs and EDM, but we'll ignore that) and I would hate to see that in Smash. But I am jealous that you connected so well to a character and game you enjoy. Would you be disappointed to see your girls appear as Mii costumes?

I disagree, I believe that supers should be a joy to watch, so forcing players to button mash or whatever to get more off of the move is just tedious. Like, let's look at this for a sec
This is what, top 3 longest supers in the game so far after Nago's and Heavenly Potemkin Buster? It builds up anticipation with Faust rushing you with the wheelchair and the payoff is so godlike.

Sidenote can we just have like 10 Guilty Gear characters in Smash please and thank you
I agree. People who care about flow of the match, balance, and what have you already don't play with Final Smash on. May as well make them as exciting and cool looking as possible for casuals who do play with them.

And Smash isn't ready for Totsugeki

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean, to be fair.
That's the Wii U for ya
Nah it's specifically X now that they've ported everything of interest to the Switch. Now they're porting 3DS and Wii games instead.

God, Nintendo really shouldn't get away with porting 3ds games that are more expensive than they ever were but they will, **** that noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom