• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I actually don't think we're going to get many (if any) Xenoblade costumes. Obviously we could, but we could've for 3H and we didn't get any. We only got one ARMS one with Min Min.

And this is very patternist, but series that don't bring a lot of costumes tend to come with some pretty interesting alternatives. Banjo had Goemon and Sans. Byleth had Rabbids, Altair and Cuphead. Min Min had Heihachi and Vault Boy. So I'm looking forward to seeing what shows up with Pyra/Mythra.

I think if there's any time for KOS-MOS to be a costume, it's now. And I do have to agree that, despite the shaky reasoning, it does seem like Lloyd may very well meet his fate during this presentation.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
I think the No Promotion rule for DLC has been broken THREE TIMES (Min Min, Pyra, and Mythra were spirits promoted to fighters) at this point? Four counting Lucas in Smash 4?
Depends on how you count it. Mewtwo and Lucas were Trophies, but those didn't have any gameplay purpose. Pyra and Mythra both broke the pattern, but it was at the same time. Zombie and Enderman had normal Spirits despite being fighters, but they were released simultaneously. From what I can gather, Min Min broke it the first time around, and the Blades proved that it would stay broken and wasn't just a one-time thing.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I actually don't think we're going to get many (if any) Xenoblade costumes. Obviously we could, but we could've for 3H and we didn't get any. We only got one ARMS one with Min Min.

And this is very patternist, but series that don't bring a lot of costumes tend to come with some pretty interesting alternatives. Banjo had Goemon and Sans. Byleth had Rabbids, Altair and Cuphead. Min Min had Heihachi and Vault Boy. So I'm looking forward to seeing what shows up with Pyra/Mythra.

I think if there's any time for KOS-MOS to be a costume, it's now. And I do have to agree that, despite the shaky reasoning, it does seem like Lloyd may very well meet his fate during this presentation.
To be fair, ARMS already had Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. Sakurai probably could've gotten away with adding no ARMS costumes with Min Min.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

What about the Monster Hunter costumes?

I.D.

Smash Lord
To be fair, ARMS already had Spring Man and Ribbon Girl. Sakurai probably could've gotten away with adding no ARMS costumes with Min Min.
Xenoblade 2 has Rex and Nia. And I have to agree that we probably won't get many Xenoblade miis.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
And Xenoblade 2 already has Rex and Nia. He can get away without adding more here too. Like I said, 3H got none.

The "two blades, two swords" thing is dumb (and probably only said in jest), but I think everything else is just the writing on the wall.
Well it's more that Pyra/Mythra are an RPG pull and Lloyd is an RPG pull... which I think, despite being shaky reasoning, will actually probably end up coinciding. That, and I don't think P/M will come with many costumes from their home series, which leaves more space. Even though Lloyd really could show up in any of the next three, if he's still a costume.

Especially because you never bet against the character coming from an RPG. We very well may still get another.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I've never once seen the community heel turn soo fast into "Yup, he's dead." in regards to a specific character whose fate is still fairly nebulous as it has with Lloyd, lol.

.....granted, I agree.
For me Lloyd's fate was set in stone ever since we got the Gil mii costume with Steve's pack. Seems like we won't get a new Namco fighter this time around. Hopefully we at least get a mii costume for KOS-MOS in the upcoming pack as well.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've never once seen the community heel turn soo fast into "Yup, he's dead." in regards to a specific character whose fate is still fairly nebulous as it has with Lloyd, lol.

.....granted, I agree.
His body lays on the ground yet people keep wondering if it's hot or cold.

Then he becomes the next character and turns out he had a LOT of iced coffee

Shroob

Sup?
What about the Monster Hunter costumes, couldn’t they come with Pythra?
Yeah, they could.

But if they skip it, it's definitely going to start looking odd, to say the least. That'll have been 2 characters they could have been with, Steve and PM, and they passed over the Rise release date.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Maybe we could have a Elma mii costume for Xenoblade with Pyra/Mythra. That way every game in the franchise would have some representation.
Then it turns out that's all X gets. People go "Wow this was so good XB2 was so woefully underrepped, the prior absense of these songs was outright criminal" while X fans sit in the back shedding a single tear each

Ivander

Smash Legend
Still waiting for that Shovel Knight swordfighter costume.

And yeah, KOS-MOS would work easily as a Mii Gunner costume. That said, imagine the off-chance that we get Fei Fong Wong as a Brawler costume.

I do find it funny that so many people immediately jumped off of the Monster Hunter stuff in March train. It was one of the most common prediction I've seen lately outside of Chun-Li and Crash. The only thing that changed is that this character wasn't from Capcom. I guess people are really set on Capcom getting a character.

RaintheCriminalWhirlwind

Smash Journeyman
I'm really starting to wonder if we will get any of the top predicted characters by the time pass 2 ends.
As much as I believe in 2B or Chun-li being one of the two last picks (And even Velvet, Tracer, and Nero/Dante), Sakurai (and Nintendo) seem to pick characters based on interesting mechanics. They also seem to pick characters that aren't always in the topic of conversation, with the exception of Steve, Banjo, and Hero (The latter due to a leak).

I mean, no one expected Terry, Sephiroth Pry/Myth, Min-Min, Byleth, or Joker to be in Smash.

- Prya was always paired with Rex or not even mentioned, with Rex being the sole fighter AND it was too late to add a XB2 Character in Smash, something Sakurai commented on when announcing the first Fighter's pass.

-Terry wasn't a thought at all (I personally love Fatal Fury and I thought it was a pipedream so I didn't even dare to hope).

-People thought ARMS was dead/Springman was an AT so an ARMS rep wouldn't happen.

-Square Enix was stingy with Cloud so of course, no one would expect them to have another character.

-Joker was in discussion and became the first DLC character before PQ2 came out so he had no history on Nintendo, which made his arrival so shocking.

-FE:H was in production while Smash Ulitmate was so we all assumed that they wouldn't get a rep due to this since Rex did not get in for the same reason AND due to the amount of FE characters in Smash already.

And after watching the speculation machine since Joker came out, I'm pretty confident in saying that the last two characters will be those that are not being speculated on, either not often or not at all.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
But if they skip it, it's definitely going to start looking odd, to say the least. That'll have been 2 characters they could have been with, Steve and PM, and they passed over the Rise release date.
Since they've only been bringing back one at a time, I'd say that it would be fairly consistent unless Lloyd didn't also show up.

Then it turns out that's all X gets. People go "Wow this was so good XB2 was so woefully underrepped, the prior absense of these songs was outright criminal" while X fans sit in the back shedding a single tear each
I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if Xenoblade Chronicles X were to get absolutely nothing. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 costumes take priority, and Xenoblade Chronicles X music is out of the question.

Shroob

Sup?
Since they've only been bringing back one at a time, I'd say that it would be fairly consistent unless Lloyd didn't also show up.

I wouldn't be shocked in the slightest if Xenoblade Chronicles X were to get absolutely nothing. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 costumes take priority, and Xenoblade Chronicles X music is out of the question.
I mean, for FP2? That's not even truly correct. Seph brought back the Chocobo and Geno set, and FP1 had multiples.

Monster Hunter is missing 2, and I highly doubt that they'd release separately.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

Me neither but people are gonna act like 2 had been treated super poorly in the base game while X literally has no songs

7NATOR

Smash Master
Personally, I'm not entirely sure on all of the costumes, but I'm predicting at least these 3 show up

Lloyd, Euden, 2B,

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yeah, but Lloyd gets more attention for being from a JRPG, plus the fact that there's a bit of a chain between them. It goes something like this.
Xenoblade->Xenosaga->Bandai-Namco->Tales

That, and everyone's been calling Lloyd's execution since Heihachi and Gil. They've been expecting this for a while, and now seems as good a time as any.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Still waiting for that Shovel Knight swordfighter costume.

And yeah, KOS-MOS would work easily as a Mii Gunner costume. That said, imagine the off-chance that we get Fei Fong Wong as a Brawler costume.
I'd be most shocked Square signed off on that.

Personally, I'm not entirely sure on all of the costumes, but I'm predicting at least these 3 show up

Lloyd, Euden, 2B,
Good luck expecting a Square costume in a non-Square pack.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Yeah, but Lloyd gets more attention for being from a JRPG, plus the fact that there's a bit of a chain between them. It goes something like this.
Xenoblade->Xenosaga->Bandai-Namco->Tales

That, and everyone's been calling Lloyd's execution since Heihachi and Gil. They've been expecting this for a while, and now seems as good a time as any.
Monster Hunter is also an RPG franchise and the costumes are for Mii Swordfighter so they could also fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom