• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShrimpScampi

Smash Journeyman
Hey, new thread! That's pretty neat.
I always went to the old thread using my browser's autocomplete (I only needed to type "sm" and then Enter and I'd go right to the old thread), so now I'm gonna have to navigate to the new thread or bookmark it like a normal person

Still gonna push the Tales character theory, though I doubt I'm gonna be heard for a while until everyone has properly welcomed the new thread. Anyways let's pitch Tales of characters ideas for Smash or something, I dunno I'm not very familiar with the series.
alright, it's teepo time

(I'll actually post a discussion post about Tales characters later tonight, but I'm short on time right now so for now it's just Teepo time)

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Posting to get notifications.
Ripped Medusa's cinematic model from Uprising and the prospect of seeing higher-quality T-posing snakes get into Smash is enough for me to want her.

Also pushing Pig Ganon and Dark Matter.
The one way to truly impose dominance as snake hair is to not even be in an I-pose when you're supposed to be part of a T-pose.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Video proof (?):

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/kfvnco
:4pacman:

New thread, same old most wanted(s).

Put Tom Nook in Smash or suffer homelessness.
Would his moveset be primarily based around houses exploding on opponents fac- Gets shot.

I kid, but a different take on an Animal Crossing character could be nice, especially since Isabelle's functionally a semi-clone to Villager.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
anyways.. regarding second sons.. or second original characters from an third party franchise. I welcome them with open arms.. but i really do think that they need to be pretty iconic. in their own rights and outside of smash speculation. Sephirot certainly meets teh criteria. but i don't see if i see much ones outside of him. is posible, they need to be recognizable even outside of their own franchises and fanbases in fact some of this guys aven are able to get own games. so, im sorry sonic fans.. i know she is a fan favourite.. but blaze teh cat isn't happening.

Basically the ones i see are:

-Alucard: extremly popular, star of its own games, still relevant, the vania of metroidvania.
-Chun Li. I think that people son't give chun li enough credit... she is pretty recognisable.. even outside of the fighting game community and even outside of videogames communities. Is true that akuma is also very recognisable.. but still feel he is number 4, as Chun is number 3. Also she is the the spearhead of the female fighter gals.
-Zero. you can't think of megaman X and not think about zero. in fact i would say he is even more popular than X. and he even have had his own games too.
-Eggman / Tails? while neither of them have had their own games... kinda (puyo puyo reskin doesnt count).. eggman certainly fits the criteria of being recognisable even outside teh sonic franchise and fandom.. and tails enjoy a similar status as the "other luigi". plus sonic has the thing that his characters are more popular than teh games themselves so they always gonan be welcomed even if the next sonic game sucks... again.
-Slime. Bascally the mascot of the series.
-outside of this dudes... uhhh maybe raiden? i know his is popular and even stars a couple of games.. but i don't know if he is that iconic. and a shin megami tensei character... that is assuming shin megami is the same series that persona which is debatable.

outside of this dudes i honestly don't see any other character from an existing series happening.

Faso115

Smash Lord
Hmmm i may have to suggest that i myself have two rules that so far i think they are still required to be playable: 1) You have to be a Videogame character and 2) If you are an Assist Trophy, you are out.

Having rules usually helps narrowing down potential choices for future DLC. This is mostly rules of mine, that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else who is part of speculation, they can suggest whoever they want.

Do you guys have personal rules or something in order to rule out characters? Or at least things that they make them unlikely?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
When it comes to personal wishlist... I feel like Ultimate has fed me well as is, so I'm satisfied regardless of who we get next.

But getting Nightmare, Doom Slayer, Sub-Zero or Scorpion would be some delicious icing on an already scrumptious cake :lol:

I guess a Ganondorf moveset that isn't Falcondorf could be nice too, but that's wishful thinking.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Hmmm i may have to suggest that i myself have two rules that so far i think they are still required to be playable: 1) You have to be a Videogame character and 2) If you are an Assist Trophy, you are out.

Having rules usually helps narrowing down potential choices for future DLC. This is mostly rules of mine, that doesn't necessarily apply to everyone else who is part of speculation, they can suggest whoever they want.

Do you guys have personal rules or something in order to rule out characters? Or at least things that they make them unlikely?
Please...don’t make me experience this again. I can’t have this conversation anymore
6D98A5A9-5758-4517-9748-450C3BF950E2.jpeg

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team

The only rules I follow are video game characters only and third party companies only having one rep per pass. Granted the latter is a fan rule so I'm probably wrong and it might be broken sometime soon but I just have a feeling it will stay. We didn't get repeating reps in last pass. We know that Steve has been in negotiations for a long time and yet they placed him in a different pass than Banjo. It makes sense to me as Nintendo would probably want to reach out to different companies to strengthen corporate relations.

But then again Nintendo never makes sense half the time.

CureParfait

Smash Ace

The only thing I use to rule out characters for third party at least is looking at what circumstances are going around them. I don't really have rules for first party characters though.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Where is the source of leak that contains the content of the five year plan for Crash? After all this time I have yet to see a source for where this leak came from.
It feels like someone lied about it and told others about it and then they started believing it and spreading it around without knowing the source.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Is this about the other project that was supposedly teased a while back? I'm confused lol.
If I recall, the leak said the five-year plan was the following;

2017: Crash Trilogy remake
2018: Remake releasing in other platforms
2019: Crash Team Racing remake
2020: Mobile game and Crash 4

All of those did happen, so it's possible they were part of the plan. But they also happened before it was "leaked", so the leak itself isn't really confirmed.

But then there's the fifth year.

2021: Crash in Smash

Louie G.

Smash Hero
The Crash "Five Year Plan", if it's even real, would hardly help Crash at all considering just about everyone wants their characters in Smash Bros. Of course it would be in Activision's best interest to have Crash's grand revival result in a spot in gaming's greatest crossover. But that isn't up to them, it's up to Nintendo. It's a stretch goal, nothing more nothing less.

That isn't to say Crash can't get in. But he won't get in just because Activision went to Nintendo and asked for it. It has to be the other way around - it means next to nothing its own when we already know certain characters like Doomguy have "had talks" that didn't go anywhere because Nintendo wasn't interested.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If I recall, the leak said the five-year plan was the following;

2017: Crash Trilogy remake
2018: Remake releasing in other platforms
2019: Crash Team Racing remake
2020: Mobile game and Crash 4

All of those did happen, so it's possible they were part of the plan. But they also happened before it was "leaked", so the leak itself isn't really confirmed.

But then there's the fifth year.

2021: Crash in Smash
I see. So the leak didn't happen until the first four were "done" and there's apparently no source to refer to said leak?

Dunno what to think on this one, but I'm leaning heavily on fake rn.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The Crash "Five Year Plan", if it's even real, would hardly help Crash at all considering just about everyone wants their characters in Smash Bros. Of course it would be in Activision's best interest to have Crash's grand revival result in a spot in gaming's greatest crossover. But that isn't up to them, it's up to Nintendo. It's a stretch goal, nothing more nothing less.

That isn't to say Crash can't get in. But he won't get in just because Activision went to Nintendo and asked for it. It has to be the other way around - it means next to nothing its own when we already know certain characters like Doomguy have "had talks" that didn't go anywhere because Nintendo wasn't interested.
Sakurai also has to agree to it, so even if Activision asked and Nintendo was on board, there's still a chance Sakurai might not want him... or that he already filled the whole Pass before getting to Crash.

Shroob

Sup?
Sakurai also has to agree to it, so even if Activision asked and Nintendo was on board, there's still a chance Sakurai might not want him... or that he already filled the whole Pass before getting to Crash.
I'm not convinced this leak is true, but if this leak really does date back pre 2017, for all intents and purposes, that would mean that Crash would be in a Steve situation where he was in talks for years.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I'm not convinced this leak is true, but if this leak really does date back pre 2017, for all intents and purposes, that would mean that Crash would be in a Steve situation where he was in talks for years.
I'd like to think that it's real, but as someone said, Crash in Smash was a stretch goal rather than an actual thing they had in mind when writing it in 2017.

Because settling negotiations on adding Crash only to hold him off for years just to fit a plan is kinda ridiculous.

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
Supposedly the plan was leaked before Crash 4 and around the time Crash on the Run was leaked so maybe it has some credibility.

Maybe, it's pretty similar to that DMCV leak that claimed Dante was coming to smash

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
New thread, new start! Just kidding, I haven't changed. Hone your spirit, refine it.

Oh hello new Newcomer thread :D (wonder why a new one was made tho...)

ANYWAY, Reimu Hakurei is the next dlc fighter see you in March guys ✌
Reimu is in as hell. But she's Fighter 11, not Fighter 9.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Hey, new thread! That's pretty neat.
I always went to the old thread using my browser's autocomplete (I only needed to type "sm" and then Enter and I'd go right to the old thread), so now I'm gonna have to navigate to the new thread or bookmark it like a normal person

alright, it's teepo time

(I'll actually post a discussion post about Tales characters later tonight, but I'm short on time right now so for now it's just Teepo time)
Ludger Will Kresnik would be the best Tales Of rep with only Velvet behind him, in this essay I will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom