• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Sadly, there's one fatal flaw with your logic: Nintendo is physically incapable of ending Smash speculation on a high note. In Ultimate alone, we had Ken and Incineroar as the final base game characters, and FP1 had Byleth as its final character. How do we know FP2's final character will be any different?
Being fair, that kind of marketing decision does make sense.

The sooner you can hook people's interest, the better. So a lot of the heavy-hitters tend to happen early on as a result.

I'd pop off if a Smash trailer said that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I for one would love Nightmare. He's one of my current wants although if I had to pick when it comes to the final 3 it'd be.

Amaterasu/Phoenix Wright (Can't choose)
Crash Bandicoot
Elma

Still I'm satisfied we at least got a 3rd party villain into the game. Sephiroth is a welcoming surprise who more than earns his spot in the roster.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I wasn't trying to imply that was a bad thing. Heck, one of my pipe dream picks is Billy Hatcher, a character who Sega themselves have forgotten exists. I was just asking for clarification, is all.
At least Billy makes it to the crossovers every once in a while. That's more love than Klonoa gets from Bamco. :drsad:

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Very very tough to predict exactly who is going to get in at this point. There's a lot of options that make sense, but only 3 left. For now I'm gonna settle on these being the final fighters:

Cinderace to represent Pokemon Sword and Shield and because Pokemon is an enormous franchise.

Monster Hunter to bump up the content it already had in the base game thus making it feel more properly represented. (Bonus Mii Fighter Costume Predction: The previous Monster Hunter Mii Costumes will return alongside the Monster Hunter fighter.)

Arle Nadja to promote the Puyo Puyo franchise in general, but also because it's influential to the puzzle genre and popular in Japan.

Spongeboob

Smash Ace
A hot dog stand at the end of time and space
Switch FC
SW-5063-7952-1131
Ny0kazer said:
The majority of people are predicting Dante, Monster Hunter, or Chun-Li for a Capcom rep, but I still dream of Phoenix Wright. Ace Attorney is going to be pushed to the spotlight next year (according to the leaks at least) and I believe that he has a great chance of making it in.
Actually... I was predicting that Ace Attorney would either be getting a fighter or a spirit event. IDK, in my head it just sounds right.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
The majority of people are predicting Dante, Monster Hunter, or Chun-Li for a Capcom rep, but I still dream of Phoenix Wright. Ace Attorney is going to be pushed to the spotlight next year (according to the leaks at least) and I believe that he has a great chance of making it in.
we need more morrigan holding amateratsu in this post.
1608422744279.jpeg
here, have an amateratsu of luck, if you post her good fortunes and bliss will knock on your door.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
If it makes you feel better, Billy hasn't been properly featured in a crossover since Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing. Heck, I don't think he's even made CAMEOS since then...
...as a fan of both, that actually makes me feel WORSE.

Speaking of Namco: assuming Chun-Leak is true, when do you think our Tales character would come? Methinks they could very well be CP11. Tales seems like a relatively good series to wrap up the Pass on a decent note.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I'm loving all of the Nightmare talk. He is one of my most wanted characters too. Soul Calibur is a beautiful series with a banger of a soundtrack for each and every game, and has a history of crossovers. He is badass and would have a crazy cool challenger pack.

Bring on the souls!

2.jpeg

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Hey, new thread!

I guess I should make my predictions/totally-unbiased-and-not-my-wishlist!

CP9: Estelle Bright
CP10: Crash Bandicoot
CP11: Rex and Pyra
Maybe this is my bias speaking, but I guess WOULD make sense a Fighter 11. It would match up with Nintendo's trackrecord, except not only is it not AS blatant of a shillpick, but he's actually quite popular among the fanbase. Makes you wonder...

toonito

Smash Ace
with 2020 coming out to a close and 2021 on the horizon by this time next year Fighter's Pass 2 will be decided.

3 SPOTS LEFT!

Ladies and Gentlemen....LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEE

IN ONE CORNER WE HAVE RYU HAYABUSA, RAYMAN, AND DOOOOOOOM SLAYEEEEEEER

IN CORNER 2 WE HAVE REIMU HAKUREI, CRASH BANDICOOT, AND KOOOOOOS-MOOOOOS

IN CORNER 3 WE HAVE LLOYD IRVING, YURI LOWELL, AND CHUUUUUUUUN-LIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IN CORNER 4 WE HAVE.......

NONE OF THE ABOOOOOOOVEEEEEE

FIGHT!

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
with 2020 coming out to a close and 2021 on the horizon by this time next year Fighter's Pass 2 will be decided.

3 SPOTS LEFT!

Ladies and Gentlemen....LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEE

IN ONE CORNER WE HAVE RYU HAYABUSA, RAYMAN, AND DOOOOOOOM SLAYEEEEEEER

IN CORNER 2 WE HAVE REIMU HAKUREI, CRASH BANDICOOT, AND KOOOOOOS-MOOOOOS

IN CORNER 3 WE HAVE LLOYD IRVING, YURI LOWELL, AND CHUUUUUUUUN-LIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IN CORNER 4 WE HAVE.......

NONE OF THE ABOOOOOOOVEEEEEE

FIGHT!

This is some bottom text. FIGHT!

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I hope you're right.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
we need more morrigan holding amateratsu in this post.
View attachment 296417here, have an amateratsu of luck, if you post her good fortunes and bliss will knock on your door.
It occurred to me that Morrigan is Scottish and now I can't separate her from Demoman and/or Gloria (The Gen 8 female trainer).

"'It's Chewsday, innit?' Ya, I'll 'chew' ya arms off ye daft [REDACTED]."

drewber2635

Smash Cadet
I honestly have no clue who to predict now so instead I'll just list who will make me super happy to get in:

Urshifu
Impa
Geno (yea I know the costume yadayadaydada, still could happen)

So far the only DLC character that I was super excited for was Hero, the rest were either just meh or kinda cool

SharkLord

Smash Hero
It's funny. After Steve I'm just "IDK who's next, let's just see what happens." Now I've solidified my predictions as Reimu, Isaac, and a Tales character. I'm probably going to be wrong, but you never know until you try.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Meowth & Team Rocket would be so amazing! Jessie and James would be staying in the background as Pokémon Trainers as they take turns sending their Pokémon (Ekans and Koffing) to team up with Meowth.

Sure, they started in Gen 1 but they are still around... and sure, they debuted in the anime but now they are finally showing up in official Pokémon games. The games are now recognizing Jessie and James as canon. They are timeless and iconic And they do have their fans... and I think most people wouldn’t see them as a shill pick if they got in.

I can just picture their reveal trailer paying homage to the Pokémon anime... just like how Sephiroth’s reveal trailer paid homage to Final Fantasy VII Advent Children.

C3487243-D70A-4982-9452-D53CE42AA7F7.jpeg

7EDFA148-813C-44EA-A429-C39F94B57966.jpeg

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Still gonna push the Tales character theory, though I doubt I'm gonna be heard for a while until everyone has properly welcomed the new thread. Anyways let's pitch Tales of characters ideas for Smash or something, I dunno I'm not very familiar with the series.
My son, Yurii Lowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom