• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
If Dante from Devil May Cry got into Smash, he would be just like Bayonetta from Smash 4.
(Broken and overpowered with too many combos.)

What you should be more worried about is BWD,
"If Bandana Waddle Dee from Kirby got into Smash, he would just be like Meta Knight from Smash Brawl.
(Broken and overpowered with too many combos.)"

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
What you should be more worried about is Pikachu,
"If Pikachu from Detective Pikachu got into Smash, he would just be like Pikachu from Smash 64.
What you should be more worried about is Peppy Hare
"If Peppy Hare from Star Fox got into Smash, he would just be like Fox from Melee.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
What you should be more worried about is Peppy Hare

"If Peppy Hare from Star Fox got into Smash, he would just be like Fox from Melee.

What you should be more worried about is Baboom,
"If Baboom from Pokemon got into Smash, he would be just like Jigglypuff from Melee
(broken and overpowered with too many combos.)"

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
What you should be more worried about is Pikachu,
"If Pikachu from Detective Pikachu got into Smash, he would just be like Pikachu from Smash 64.
What you should be more worried about is Krystal.
"If Krystal from Star Fox got into Smash, he would just be like Fox from Melee.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Huh, neat coincidence; TKOWL just did an Eggman moveset commission on Twitter!
That's a great one. Personally, the only thing I'd change is incorporating the mechanics of Egg Walker from SA2 into it somehow. Maybe as a special.

Side note, Eggman's levels in SA2 are all among my favorites for that game lol.

I feel like these fellas here could beat out Eggman's iconic-ness

Yeah, the only video game antagonists I can see being more recognizable to the casual crowd compared to Eggman are regular enemies, like the Ghosts from Pac-Man and the Aliens from Space Invaders.

I guess Bison and Dr. Wily/Sigma come close, but I don't think they quite catch up.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
That's my issue with them: they're far too safe, and since they're always based entirely on what the last fighter brought to the table they feel a lot like bandwagons. Besides, the Smash team always loves to throw surprises at us and venture into new territories, so they're hardly ever correct. This just cements into my mind that it really is impossible to accurately predict Smash newcomers unless they're leaked.
To be fair, we have been getting a similar character after one gets released, but...

:ultjoker::ulthero:: Modern JRPGs
:ultbanjokazooie::ult_terry:: 90s characters
:ultbyleth::ultminmin: Switch characters
:ultsteve::ultsephiroth:: Big icons

...as you can see, it stops after one character, and the similarity isn't always what is expected. After Joker and the Luminary, we didn't get Noctis, and Byleth and Min Min weren't followed by a Gen 8 Pokemon.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

To be fair, we have been getting a similar character after one gets released, but...

...as you can see, it stops after one character, and the similarity isn't always what is expected. After Joker and the Luminary, we didn't get Noctis, and Byleth and Min Min weren't followed by a Gen 8 Pokemon.
Doubt it's actually a pattern, but hey, I'll accept it if we get a double 'retro' next with Dr. Robotnik & Ryu Hyabusa as the next two.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152

So it would appear that Roger Craig Smith (Sonic's current voice actor) is either stepping down from the role of Sonic or being replaced. Nothing is confirmed yet, but based on what he said at the top of the tweet (as well as the the cracked heart) I think it's safe to so that he's no longer voicing everyone's favorite blue hedgehog.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Nothing is confirmed yet, but based on what he said at the top of the tweet (as well as the the cracked heart), it would appear that Roger Craig Smith (Sonic's current voice actor) is either stepping down from the role of Sonic or being replaced.
The guy who voiced 'Live Action' Sonic is a voice actor; good chance he may be taking on future roles for Sonic like how Matthew Lilliard did the Live action Shaggy and ended up going on to do all the animated versions too after Casey Casem finished.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Nothing is confirmed yet, but based on what he said at the top of the tweet (as well as the the cracked heart), it would appear that Roger Craig Smith (Sonic's current voice actor) is either stepping down from the role of Sonic or being replaced.
I wonder if he'll be replaced by Ben Schwartz, who voiced Sonic in the movie.
Edit: :ultgreninja:'d

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Sephiroth and Byleth could just as easily be put in "Modern JRPGs" since FF7 Re:make is an arguable case with not being a 1:1 remake and seemingly altering stuff enough that the next entry should be considered a brand new game.

Sephiroth and Steve's theme being 'big icons' to group them together is a stretch so big Min Min would be jealous.

Lyncario

Smash Ace

While I can't say that he was my favorite voice actor for Sonic, he was still a great one for the blue hedgehog.

I also guess that this ties to one of the leaks there was recently for Sonic's 30th anniversary that said he was going to get one of his older va back.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Farewell to the man who's been my favorite Sonic voice actor.

With all due respect to both Ryan Drummond and Jason Griffith, RGS gave him a real believability to how he sounded and even with often clumsy writing still managed to project a sense of confidence to the character. While his fantastic work in the Boom TV series speaks for itself, he always delivered when they gave him the chance, and will be the voice I hear in my head when I think of Sonic for a long time.

Gonna be weird hearing Jean Ralphio in the next Smash Bros.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
From my POV, I don't think the problem with our Sonic representation is how many things there are. All things considered, it's got a pretty decent amount of content. The problem is that it feels like there's a distinct lack of love put into a lot of that content. We all know about Sonic's moveset and all, but even beyond that the music, besides not having a lot of remixes, also has a lot of ridiculous omissions, period. Most of the music is just "da first level theme and da main vocal theme" (and even then there's still some bigguns missing like Seaside Hill), and in Ultimate it was only updated to account for the new releases since then. A lot of it just feels like the bare minimum for each game. And the only other stage we have besides Green Hill is - guess what - First Level From At-The-Time Most Recent Game That, To Top It All Off, Also Has Very Similar Theming To Green Hill -.

Sonic in Smash is doing relatively well in terms of sheer numbers, but a lot of what's in these numbers feels really uninspired.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I wish Roger Smith good luck in his future endeavors.

Now, a topic that I just thought of is your ideas for character trailers. Pick a character or more and share your idea about what their reveal trailer would be like. I'll start.

This will be a sequel to Hero's trailer. We see that the Heroes are exhausted and surrounded by enemies. As a group of Dharkon's minions begin to charge at them, a bunch of bullet pellets appear from off-screen and hit them, knocking them back. The camera then cuts to a guy's boots as he runs around the battlefield. We see groups of enemies be taken out by spread shots, lasers, grenades, etc. Meanwhile, the person, who is covered in shadows from the camera's view, keeps jumping and shooting while avoiding projectiles. Finally, he jumps right in front of the camera with his back turned. He twirls his gun then turns around with his gun aimed. The splash card then pops up: Bill Rizer Shoots Up A Storm! as the Jungle theme starts playing.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
I fell like Sephiroth is causing people to think to much "we need another rep of _____ so we can "properly" rep it

I'm sorry guys, but whatever you like it or not, Sonic and Street Fighter has been properly rep with alot of content
Sucks it's mostly Street Fighter 2 and some themes for Sonics, but boo hoo copyright is an ass

Finial Fanstay, one of the most influence RPGs didn't even get none of that,

So for now on, I rather have new characters unless these are fan damnded characters like Waluigi or something (and even then, I would rather for him to be a bouns type of thing, as I don't want to pay for more Mario spirits and music lmao)

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Also Goombas. Conclusion: Add a Goomba.

Haha just kidding...unless?
Dr Goomba Tower have entered the chat.

Yeah, the only video game antagonists I can see being more recognizable to the casual crowd compared to Eggman are regular enemies, like the Ghosts from Pac-Man and the Aliens from Space Invaders.
Part of the reason - I believe - is that most enourmous games either have no absolutely clear antagonist (most multiplayer-focused games) or have villains who aren't memorable parts of said game (which is also the case for many "smaller" games TBF). One could argue that the Angry Birds' Pigs come rather close, but Angry Birds have not been in the spotlight since the movie really (IIRC), so I'm not sure if they 100 % count.

Then again, "the casual crowd " is really difficult to define to begin with (there are certainly casual video game fans who enjoy more hardcore stuff). Partly because the definitions of "casual" and "hardcore" is often used - if I may be so bold - in a self-evident manner. I get the impression that the implication is often "Everyone knows what a hardcore fan is!".

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
While I can't say that he was my favorite voice actor for Sonic, he was still a great one for the blue hedgehog.

I also guess that this ties to one of the leaks there was recently for Sonic's 30th anniversary that said he was going to get one of his older va back.
Man, it does suck that Roger is leaving as Sonic.

By the way, by older VA, maybe you mean Ryan, as in Ryan Drummond? Not that I want him back, I am just wondering.

Lyncario

Smash Ace
Man, it does suck that Roger is leaving as Sonic.

By the way, by older VA, maybe you mean Ryan, as in Ryan Drummond? Not that I want him back, I am just wondering.
One of the leaks for Sonic's 30th anniversary said that Sonic was getting one of his old va back, can't remember which va or which leak tho.

D

Deleted member

Imagine this: They get an old voice actor for Sonic back, but plot twist! It's Jaleel White who voiced Sonic in the Sonic DiC cartoons. :troll:
Those are one of the most well known voices for Sonic for a lot of people, so it wouldn't really be too much of a 'Plot Twist'.

Truth the Ceomasterz33

Smash Journeyman

So it would appear that Roger Craig Smith (Sonic's current voice actor) is either stepping down from the role of Sonic or being replaced. Nothing is confirmed yet, but based on what he said at the top of the tweet (as well as the the cracked heart) I think it's safe to so that he's no longer voicing everyone's favorite blue hedgehog.
Very reason VAs Sonic could be new VAs?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Those are one of the most well known voices for Sonic for a lot of people, so it wouldn't really be too much of a 'Plot Twist'.
I meant plot twist as in a voice actor that did not voice the actual Sonic Team games version of Sonic. Hence why I said plot twist.

It was a joke, by the way.

D

Deleted member

I meant plot twist as in a voice actor that did not voice the actual Sonic Team games version of Sonic. Hence why I said plot twist.

It was a joke, by the way.
My bad; hard to tell on the internet sometimes. I know you had the troll face, but I still couldnt tell; thought you just found the idea of bringing Jaleel White back troll-y lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom