• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Hold on, why are we talking about Edelgard in a conversation about including female villains in Smash? 😉
Don't get me ranting.

I warn ya. It's not a pretty sight.

I get more annoying than usual.

Last edited:

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
People can say all Byleth is boring all they want, but his inclusion stopped the absolutely nuclear flame wars that would have occurred had Edelgard or Dimitri gotten in, so he's clearly a worthwhile addition.
as an edelgard supporter... i still would have prefered dimitry over byleth... but oh well, byleth is not a bad choice.. just the other 3 were better.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Like slow down Sephiroth is making everyone else thirsty

the THIRST Chunners will cause will be too much to handle

and imma have to send ALL YALL to horny jail
You say that like the thirst on Shared Content hasn't been going on since 2018.

The things I've seen...

This is to everyone in the thread right now.
Fixed because it's never just "right now". :4pacman:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
People can say all Byleth is boring all they want, but his inclusion stopped the absolutely nuclear flame wars that would have occurred had Edelgard or Dimitri gotten in, so he's clearly a worthwhile addition.
as an edelgard supporter... i still would have prefered dimitry over byleth... but oh well, byleth is not a bad choice.. just the other 3 were better.
this is Claude erasure and i'll not stand for it

You say that like the thirst on Shared Content hasn't been going on since 2018.

The things I've seen...
bro i need sooooo much brain bleach after seeing all that weird ****

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I would caution people to not assume more villains are coming just because of Sephiroth. Reminds me of the "Heroes VS. Villains" theory waaaaay back during early pre-release.

The only thing that immediately comes to mind in regard to Sephiroth and patterns is the fact that him and Min Min both represent a series that had a very minimal to almost non-existent presence in Smash, offering a "second chance" for content, if you will. Does this mean the last three characters will do this as well? No, but if you want to look at precedents, I think this is really the only one Sephiroth makes interesting.

EDIT: I didn't mean to say Chun-Li, I meant Min Min, but Chun-Li was on my mind because I've been theorizing stuff for her a bunch lately. Blegh, stupid brain.

However, I will say that Sephiroth does make things interesting for Chun-Li as well. March is gonna be interesting...

Last edited:

TwiceEXE

Smash Ace
Since it seems topical, I would like to point out how cool Sarah Kerrigan is. I would argue she is the most famous female video game villain.

Just listen to the speech in this cinematic:

Last edited:
All this talk about cool characters just reminds me of something I saw a while back about Devil May Cry, where each character is essentially a different kid's definition of the coolest guy ever.

Dante: Theater kid
Vergil: Prep
Nero: Punk
V: Goth

I may be a little off on some of these (I haven't played the games myself) and I know I've missed some characters, but it seemed relevant.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
All this talk about cool characters just reminds me of something I saw a while back about Devil May Cry, where each character is essentially a different kid's definition of the coolest guy ever.

Dante: Theater kid
Vergil: Prep
Ner: Punk
V: Goth

I may be a little off on some of these (I haven't played the games myself) and I know I've missed some characters, but it seemed relevant.
who's the nerd u need the nerd in these squads

Lyncario

Smash Ace
If we're talking about cool girls for Smash, then I have not only the coolest, but also the strongest of them all
Cirno.png

Last edited:

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I think Porky's main roadblock, as somebody who really wants him, is just that MOTHER representation... isn't exactly inadequate as it stands. There are bigger series that don't get nearly as much. Not to say MOTHER doesn't deserve it, mind you, quite the contrary. Just that there are a lot of people who think the two reps that we have is already pushing it, so I'm not sure how a third would be recieved by ol' Joe Schmoe.

Last edited:

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
I think Porky's main roadblock, as somebody who really wants him, is just that MOTHER representation... isn't exactly inadequate as it stands. There are bigger series that don't get nearly as much. Not to say MOTHER doesn't deserve it, mind you. There are people who, albeit wrongfully, think the two reps that we have is already pushing it, so I'm not sure how a third would be recieved by ol' Joe Schmoe.
The Earthbound series doesn't have much battle music in Smash. It's literally just Unfounded Revenge and Porky's Theme from Mother 3. Not even Porky Means Business...

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
The Earthbound series doesn't have much battle music in Smash. It's literally just Unfounded Revenge and Porky's Theme from Mother 3. Not even Porky Means Business...
Porky Means Business, Porky's Porkies, and Master Porky's Theme all kind of feel like shoe-ins for new arrangements should we get him. Even without him as a fighter though, I agree that their omission is upsetting. Master Porky's Theme is quite possibly one of my favorite boss battle tracks period.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
on the topic of base game songs that should have been in but aren't:

where the HELL is this song (yes this is a channel of base game hopeful songs and unless we somehow get like Black Shadow as DLC I doubt we'll be able to hear this without modding)

and this one (though if Octoling becomes a fighter we could hear this and im only SLIGHTLY more optimistic for Octoling than for Black Shadow)

Strife

Banned via Warnings
I love how we're arguing whether or not people can consume media that's not primarily aiming their demographic... in a forum about a children's party game.

Some people in here really can use a bit more self-awareness.
Its a party game. Never heard Nintendo call it a children's party game though. How old do you think the majority of people who buy smash ultimate are? You know when its rated e10+ that's not the demographic. Thats simply the minimum recommended age of playing the game.

Sorry if I missed responses. Works busy

Last edited:

Strife

Banned via Warnings
Will forever be annoyed at how many people in the community only root for characters with a "cool" factor, and how that cool factor is usually just uber macho characters. Not enough room for silly and cute... not that Chun-Li is even that. It's just an issue that goes way further than this one instance and has made it more of an uphill battle supporting some of my personal MWs.

She's about as badass as a character can be, the only difference compared to Ryu or Heihachi being that she's a woman. So make of that what you will.
Yikes. Dude, Chun-li is a little girl at heart. If you think Ryu and Heihachi are going jump around like a giddy school girl after winning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha5ldhp2v8s then you are out of your damn mind. Don't play the sexism card. Chun-li isn't bad ass like they are. In fact the reason she gets so much woman is because she's a woman, not depsite it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yikes. Dude, Chun-li is a little girl at heart. If you think Ryu and Heihachi are going jump around like a giddy school girl after winning https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha5ldhp2v8s then you are out of your damn mind. Don't play the sexism card. Chun-li isn't bad ass like they are. In fact the reason she gets so much woman is because she's a woman, not depsite it.
1. your descriptions of her are to say the least EXTREMELY sus
2. nice sexism, im putting you on my ignore list bye

Strife

Banned via Warnings
1. your descriptions of her are to say the least EXTREMELY sus
2. nice sexism, im putting you on my ignore list bye
To think you'd say because I don't find Chun-Li as cool as some of other male candidates is crazy. Make of that what you will. But yeah cool people don't jump around like that after winning, unless you're gonna say thinking that is somehow sexist too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom