• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, the only real obstacle to the Nahobino being in Smash is being removed today.

I wish they had revealed it sooner during the direct.
Inwill flip my lid of Johnny yong bosh or Yuri Lowenthall is anywhere in this game. It would be an instant buy

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
They are waiting until just after TGS is over to reveal the character, and besides the big dlc expansion for Monster Hunter Rise, SMT V is the big game at the event that caps the whole thing off on the 3rd(less than 2 days before the reveal).

It wouldn’t be that much of a stretch for Sakurai to say to wait a month(as opposed to the usual 2 weeks) for the character to come out at the same time as the game.
You're allowed to either want or predict a character without resorting to these conspiracy theories, you know. You were saying the reveal would be in December and now you've moved the goalposts to the same end...
I'm just waiting for the Reptilian Nahobino Plot to come into play...

Last edited:

PSIGuy

Smash Lord
Speaking of Nahobino, they showed some SMTV gameplay at some Amazon Music twitch just now and revealed that he can grab edges to traverse the environment. Do you know what other games you can grab edges in?

SMASH BROTHERS. Oh yeah, it's all coming together.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Inwill flip my lid of Johnny yong bosh or Yuri Lowenthall is anywhere in this game. It would be an instant buy
Yeah. Johnny Yong Bosch is one of my favorite voice actors ever and Yuri is great too. I’d also love to see other favorites like Crispin Freeman, Steve Blum, Chris Sabat, Wendee Lee, and Luci Christian among others.

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
Byleth nicely helps flesh out the Switch era representation. He is a good pick that we all knew was coming but didn’t want to admit and didn’t want to be the last of FP1.

Character is well designed and they fit well into the style of the roster unlike others like Hero, Steve, and Min Min. The stage is alright, but the music is forgettable.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah. Johnny Yong Bosch is one of my favorite voice actors ever and Yuri is great too. I’d also love to see other favorites like Crispin Freeman, Steve Blum, Chris Sabat, Wendee Lee, and Luci Christian among others.
Crispin Freeman
CULTURE. I lowkey want him to voice Captain Falcon someday, his Regal Bryant voice is perf

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There are other VAs I love like Lucien Dodge and Todd Haberkorn and oh god, imagine if Joe Ziega was in this game

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Byleth nicely helps flesh out the Switch era representation. He is a good pick that we all knew was coming but didn’t want to admit and didn’t want to be the last of FP1.

Character is well designed and they fit well into the style of the roster unlike others like Hero, Steve, and Min Min. The stage is alright, but the music is forgettable.
We could have had Shambala

we could have had DUBSTEP IN SMASH

1632922595798.jpeg

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Well, the only real obstacle to the Nahobino being in Smash is being removed today.

Having an english cast was never an obstacle to Nahobino, Cloud and Sephiroth speaks Japanese in the game so at worst he would have speak Japanese too.

The biggest obstacle is just the release date of the game. Considering that the fighters were already decided in January 2020 (could have been decided earlier like in late 2019), I really doubt they seriously considered Nahobino.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Been doing a lot of reflecting on the journey of Ultimate as we are reaching the end - so I made a thing!

View attachment 332037
This is really good! One minor nitpick is that while vague DLC after the first pass was confirmed on September 4th, 2019, an actual second pass wasn't confirmed until January 16th, 2020. That's hardly a huge deal though.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Remember when there was people who insisted that CP11 could only be revealed at TGA?
You see, Sakurai said "a while" so let me demonstrate my lack of understanding of a word with no defined time frame.

Oh he didn't actually say that? I'll just ignore that and repeat the first part :4pacman:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Hence the post you quoted is:

We already have people calling knives swords, I think it's better if we refrain from adding shields to the mix.
i have to admit I didn’t see the shield part. I had only just woken up when I wrote this post and I had to get ready for college so that’s on me.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It’s too late at this point but I think a dual reveal of Diablo and Doomguy would have been awesome.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Jun
Kazuya
I can't decide if wearing a belt without anything that could be described as pants is a whole new level of silly or just par for the course...

EDIT: OK I've decided. The fact that the belt is there is par for the course, but the fact that it's held up solely by the power of "dem thighs" is a whole new level of silly belt shenanigans.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Having an english cast was never an obstacle to Nahobino, Cloud and Sephiroth speaks Japanese in the game so at worst he would have speak Japanese too.

The biggest obstacle is just the release date of the game. Considering that the fighters were already decided in January 2020 (could have been decided earlier like in late 2019), I really doubt they seriously considered Nahobino.
Yeah. You're right on that one.

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm not confident in the Doom Slayer, like, at all, but damn I'd be so down. The reveal trailer alone would sell me, I'm sure.
I absolutely love DOOM 2016 and Eternal. Two of the best modern first-person shooters out there. I sound like a boomer saying it but it's nice to see an actual video game in a sea of duck-and-cover snoozefests.

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion

I feel like Byleth would have been a bit better received if he had change place with Pyra/Mythra. Genuinely the biggest reason why I hated Byleth was because of the "Sorry Rex couldn't make the cut because his game released too late (Xeno 2 released in December 2017)" and later "yeah we add Byleth and we pretty much had to beta test Three houses to make a moveset for him". At the very least if I knew that Pyra/Mythra would come later I think it would have been more accepted.

To be fair Byleth would probably got hate no matter when he was announced but I think releasing him a bit later in pass 2 would have help his case a bit.

Cyberfire

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
doomguy is still super likely as a character so no
Even if that’s true, we’re only getting one more character so the chances of a dual reveal are basically zero.

As far as George Newbern goes, I totally agree. He was basically the perfect voice for Sephiroth. It’s too bad we’re almost definitely losing Steve Blum as well when Vincent Valentine returns. Crispin Freeman was also a great Rude.

Last edited:

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
You're allowed to either want or predict a character without resorting to these conspiracy theories, you know. You were saying the reveal would be in December and now you've moved the goalposts to the same end...
I'm just waiting for the Reptilian Nahobino Plot to come into play...
I didn’t move the goalposts, I obviously didn’t know when the reveal would happen(I also said late October was the absolute earliest it could happen but I was leaning towards November with mid December being the latest) and I definitely did not know how much SMT V would be featured in TGS.

All I am doing is taking currently known information and telling people why I believe the final character is the Nahobino based on that information. If I had another character to work with or more than one more character then I would be explaining why those characters work too. As I said, without the dub being revealed during the direct I was starting to think it was probably another character, but because of Atlus’ TGS presentation focusing heavily if not exclusively on SMT V being so close to the final character reveal and now the dub is being revealed at 10:00 am est all of those doubts are gone and I don’t see another character in that spot.

As others have said, the final character is likely coming from a smaller 3rd party series, and SMT is in the sweet spot as it is small enough for enormous growth but big enough to deserve the spot on top of being one of Nintendo’s premier holiday titles this year. With M theory being likely correct I just don’t see another option.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys remember figure theory?

How every DLC character has a figure.

A list of every character possible that has one? Could rule down who the final fighter could be.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
im still pretty optimistic about doomguy honestly

i feel like ppl randomly started to not think hed get in then just stopped talking about him for some reason

hes still got a omega good high chance like hes always had
Tbf Bethesda had said that they asked Nintendo but got no response and while something similar happened with Grant Kirkhope, most people think it's best to assume this was the truth rather than still believe at the risk of getting much more disappointed otherwise

Trevenant

Smash Lord

You seem to ignore the fact that they're just not going to add a third party plug a month before the game releases. IDK man, like why are you so fixated on the idea of Nahobino? If it's a blend of you being an actual fan and partially to just troll people who don't like blatant promo, I seriously don't get why you wouldn't just do Demi-Fiend. Nocturne is actually out and could feasibly be plugged even if smash rarely plugs remakes and due to said remake, not only is there existent attachment, but it's renewed by virtue of a remake. It's weird to me unless you just like SMT and want to troll with the one SMT character who one could think the smash fandom would react with a sizeable amount of hate towards.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

A list of every character possible that has one? Could rule down who the final fighter could be.
I wonder if amiibo count or not

if they don’t, Off the Hook (Pearl and Marina) have a Figma inb4 the Callie and Marie Miis hinted at them like Heihachi to Kazuya
Reimu has several figures
Ahri has some
Neku has some

but also some figurines were used for Miis like Sans and Shantae; and Min Min and Sephiroth didn’t have reference figures so I’m not so sure the last fighter has a figure

idk this is confusing

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

LAA9000

Smash Journeyman
Slippi.gg
JUST#956
3DS FC
0361-9069-2936
Switch FC
SW-5393-4946-0209

I can save you some time and effort by correcting you: Byleth and Min Min don't have figures, thus figure theory was bunk from the beginning.

The fact that it's still discussed is exactly why I said figure theory was one of my most disliked parts of Ultimate speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom