• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Doesn't Scintilla technically count as a shield? I mean, Sephiroth does summon a barrier for the Special.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Kazuya already killed any chance Illidan may have had but this is anotherr strike against him. I wonder if Sarah Kerrigan’s “wings” still count?

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Wings...

Just like that, my hopes of seeing Yar join the battle are gone. Coulda been the Atari rep that I want, but I guess we'll have to try again next game.
I'm curious, would they use original 2600 Yar or try and use the reimagined Yar?
Dude! I haven't seen Yars' Revenge referenced in decades lol nice.

I'd personally vote for Pitfall Harry myself. But to answer your question the original would be hilarious but the pc remake looks a lot better obv

What first party characters seem plausible, if the final reveal winds up being one?

Cinderace seems like a front-runner, but beyond that, I have no idea. (an Advance Wars remake is coming out, and I'd be interested to see what they could do for Andy or Sami, but I doubt they'll add an Advance Wars character)

Try as I might, and as much as I'd love to see them playable, I can't see Nintendo ending off DLC with Dixie Kong, Captain Toad, or Bandanna Waddle Dee, since generally speaking, it seems like they try to focus on new-ish releases when it comes to first party DLC newcomers.
1st party hmm Chozo dude fo sho

ryuryunonoroi

Smash Apprentice
Anyway, one idea I've had it that perhaps the final fighter reveal might be held off for 10/5 because there may be a surprising announcement for a new game for an established franchise announced at TGS and they may not want to spoil things with the smash reveal first.

TGS begins roughly around 9PM EST / 6PM PST, so in case anything particularly noteworthy crops up for the Switch, keep your eyes peeled.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Anyway, one idea I've had it that perhaps the final fighter reveal might be held off for 10/5 because there may be a surprising announcement for a new game for an established franchise announced at TGS and they may not want to spoil things with the smash reveal first.

TGS begins roughly around 9PM EST / 6PM PST, so in case anything particularly noteworthy crops up for the Switch, keep your eyes peeled.
That sounds kinda backwards given the precedence of them actually leading MineCon 2020 with Steve's reveal

Shroob

Sup?

Nono, you see

League of Legends Worlds starts a few hours after the Sakurai Presents, thus League of Legends!

1632882273660.png

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Volatile might be a better word because of how knockback is heavily influenced by Aura - base % is 65 % - and it makes any situation where he's above say 110 % extremely dangerous for the opponent - it makes him also very difficult to balance. At the same time, Ultimate has no shortage of characters who can kill at that 110 % mark and his weight nerf from 4 impacted him pretty badly (plus he has lingering inconsistency issues). Still though, I kinda think he's not far from being a more consistent character: he IMHO needs primarily consistency fixes, specifically on his multihits. Maybe slight improvements to his frame data... although I'm not sure on that.
I feel like a more interesting design choice would be to make aura affect his attacks so that his gameplan changes rather than just going from bad to stupid.

Like, perhaps instead of straight up getting better, he loses the ability to combo in exchange for better defensive options to protect himself or something.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Pokémon Diamond & Pearl: We have this new cutting edge technology. It's a watch!

meanwhile, in ancient times

Pokémon Legends Arceus: OK so we have smartphones here.

Finna be Buck Bumble.
My brain took the "F" and then dropped the rest of the sentence until the "Buck Bumble" part...

Needless to say I was very confused.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
There was no Bee Tournament. Don't give up hope Bumble Bros!
According to all known laws of Smash speculation, there is no way a bee should be able to be CP11. Its wings would've meant the wing tournament would wait for it. The bee, of course, joins the battle anyway, because bees don't care what Smash speculators think is impossible.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I keep seeing Gun Gun Pixies adverts on this site.... Lol. Maybe AZ sold the site to Nintendo and he chillin in the Caribbean or some ****.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Event Tourney fighter challenge:

Find a character that doesn't have any these traits:
  • Is a Hero or a Villain
  • Was added in Super Smash Bros.
  • Is 2 or more entities that work as a team
  • Is from the Super Mario Series
  • Would have a weight stat above 107 (Same weight as Simon/Richter, Ridley, Ike, and Wario
  • Is from Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield
  • Is from the '80s
  • Was added in Super Smash Bros. Melee
  • Uses an axe, bow, or lance
  • Is from the '90s
  • Is spiky (includes hair, as Cloud is in this Tourney) or round
  • Has a reflector
  • Was added in Super Smash Bros. Brawl
  • Is from the Donkey Kong or Kirby series
  • Would have an electric attack
  • Is from The Legend of Zelda series
  • Is from the 2000s
  • Moveset centers around arms...The list of allowed fighters here is super random here though since it allows Samus and Mega Man, but not fighters like Mario and the line here is super vague so I will allow you to ignore this one
  • Pilots a space vehicle
  • Was added in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3Ds/Wii U
  • Is royalty (includes more in name only royalty like the "King of Evil", Ganondorf, but not Roy...)
  • Would not have a projectile
  • Uses tools or items, which includes attacks based on anything considered to be an item in their home series from Steve's tools to Makarakarn
  • Is associated with eating things and also Wii Fit Trainer and Bowser
  • Wears a hat or some type of headgear
  • Is affiliated with darkness (includes just generally edgey characters like Wolf)
  • Would have a run speed of over 2.06 (Joker's speed)
  • Would have at least 3 projectile moves
  • Would use their body in their Special Moves (things like tackles and body slams)
  • Is from the Pokémon series
  • Would have a significant alternate costume
  • Is from the Kirby series
  • Would have a Special Move that uses explosives
  • Is from The Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Kid Icarus, Castlevania, or Dragon Quest series
  • Would have a Special Move that uses fire
  • Is from the 2010s
  • Would not use weapons for their normal attacks
  • Would have a head based attack
  • Is an Assist Trophy
  • Has wings

I'm not just being petty here. I genuinely want to see what you guys can come up with.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I keep seeing Gun Gun Pixies adverts on this site.... Lol. Maybe AZ sold the site to Nintendo and he chillin in the Caribbean or some ****.
I saw an add here that was literally just a bunch of virus links. You wanna know how I know that? Well the entire thing consisted of 5 links:
  • "FULL VERSION FREE PC GAMES"
  • "LOSE BELLY FAT IN 1 WEEK"
  • "WATCH FULL EPISODES FREE"
  • #1 STOCK TO BUY RIGHT NOW"
  • "BEST HAIR THICKENING SHAMPOO"
I only remember seeing it once, but man did I get a kick out of it. I should hope you'd have to be a lot more subtle than that to actually get people. lol

Not giving us much to work with here.
Yeah that's kinda my gripe with any Event Tourney theories. I'm not even sure if the challenge I've just proposed is possible.

I also half expect the final fighter's tourney to be about Super Smash Bros. Ultimate or include all the characters but that's neither here nor there.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This is how Nahobino wins
Hades, if you don't count its early access, came out in 2020!

And Zagreus starts out wielding a sword!

......but his hair is kinda spiky and he is royalty. ****ing goddamn it so close.
Both of those guys fall at literally the first point lol, they're the heroes of the game.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
What's today's "Smash Ult history" post, if it's even up that is?
Yesterday's was E3 so the next should be the 8/8 direct, but they won't be able to link it because it's gone from YouTube. Still very curious what to make of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom