• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
All this _____-killer talk reminds me of when PSM called Dark Cloud a "Zelda"-killer which as much as I love the Dark Cloud series, is pretty hilarious looking back
It's just hilarious to me that a game with no voice acting, clunky animations and horrible UI is something people think is gonna kill Smash.

Last edited:

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I'll buy the Nickelodeon game, but really all it looks like is an officially licensed fan game. It's not something that is gonna compete with Smash,

Last edited:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Not sure if I was ever going to play it to begin with, but NASB characters seemingly having no voice lines at all is far too jarring for me to consider playing it. All these iconic characters, and they don't say a single word, or even grunt? For me, it just weakens the personality of the game too much.
Thankfully, it seems to be an issue the developers are aware of. Maybe in the future we will get a patch with voices like Battle for the Grid has.

I never thought that voice acting would be such an issue, but now i see why. It's telling that even Smash struggles with it (namely Cloud and Seph still speaking Japanese internationally, or DK and Bowser still sounding wrong)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At least Kazuya speaking Japanese internationally makes sense within Tekken’s context; everyone speaks their native language in all versions, like the one French fighter who always speaks French

which admittedly is kinda why it was so jarring to hear Kazuya speak English in Street Fighter x Tekken his dub VO didn’t even really fit his character but that’s neither here nor there

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

So yeah I mean...

These graphics aren't bad at all, it's pretty much comparable to ultimate...

There's multiple smash clones out there so much so that it's it's own genre now aka platform fighter

If you watch there's lots of tech chasing and other advanced techniques in play

Leonardo has crap recovery

April looks like a top tier

It IS kinda wierd to not hear character specific voice over sounds (not sure why they could have even just had an intern make sounds while pouring coffee or something)

...... It's not a smash killer. But it's going to be attractive for those who like those characters.

Slime Scholar

Smash Apprentice
Meaning as little disrespect as possible, I’m still not totally sure how much of this Nickelodeon hype is… sincere and if people are really that excited to play a jank looking budget clone with Helga Pataki or if we’re looking at another Knack or Bugsnax situation where you’re either in on the joke or you aren’t.

like I’m sure it’s fun but Smash killer?

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Censor Dodge Removed
I see this is starting to float around on Twitter. Smashboards….. do your thing that you do best (discredit this if you can)

Last edited by a moderator:

Phoenix Douchebag

Smash Lord
Meaning as little disrespect as possible, I’m still not totally sure how much of this Nickelodeon hype is… sincere and if people are really that excited to play a jank looking budget clone with Helga Pataki or if we’re looking at another Knack or Bugsnax situation where you’re either in on the joke or you aren’t.

like I’m sure it’s fun but Smash killer?
Memes aside, the game seeems to be legitimately good. The development team is making not just a funny cartoon game, but a competitiely viable platform fighter with its own unique mechanics (Light and Strong Aerial Attacks, The Roster universally can reflect projectiles) and is made to be more aggressive compared to Smash's more casual fighting style, Rollback Netcode, and multiple modes. It defnietly is a viable alterantive to Smash, it just doesn't have the same production values.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Finally a source I can trust: Anon from Redit or whatever.

Also just as a heads up, there are swear words in the image.
Yeah i probably should’ve given a warning for the Language. The post was made all the way back in July. It’s started floating around on Twitter. Since it’s from 4chan I’d like to see this get debunked quickly as possible as the 4chan posts these days are quite annoying

Staarih

Smash Master
I see this is starting to float around on Twitter. Smashboards….. do your thing that you do best (discredit this if you can)
Props to getting October 5th right back in July.

But to me, it's just another (fake) text leak among all the hundreds and dozens we've seen so far.

That said, I think Sora would be, like, THE big character to end on if they wanna end with a bang.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I see this is starting to float around on Twitter. Smashboards….. do your thing that you do best (discredit this if you can) View attachment 331566
I would call it fake. But getting October 5 correctly? He is either really lucky, which is totally possible, or actually has legitimate information.
Now this is interesting.

sora leak.png

Reposted

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I see this is starting to float around on Twitter. Smashboards….. do your thing that you do best (discredit this if you can) View attachment 331566
Assuming that isn’t fabricated I believe it. Some kind of late negotiations with Disney would explain why there’s 6 characters in FP2 instead of the expected 5 (although tbf working on 2 batches of 3 is also a fine enough explanation). Calling the exact date months in advance would be quite the impressive coincidence for sure if it’s fake. Sora is one of the biggest characters they could end on too.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know

it would also fulfill the Seven Squares leak

Playable: Erdrick/Luminary (alts of Hero), Sephiroth, Sora
Non-playable cameo: Slime
Miis: Geno, Crono

a Crono Mii could totally come with Sora

but yeah. Still pressing X to doubt. The date guess was likely a coincidence

Siggy88

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i probably should’ve given a warning for the Language. The post was made all the way back in July. It’s started floating around on Twitter. Since it’s from 4chan I’d like to see this get debunked quickly as possible as the 4chan posts these days are quite annoying
4chan is always annoying, But I will give them some credit, they have had legitimate leaks there. The Smash 4 roster ESRB leak, Ultimate's final name and the fact that Daisy and Ridley will be playable, along with Bomberman as an assist, come to mind.

Either this is a real leak or this guy is just incredibly lucky.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just a little sad Neku and 2B weren’t on that list… :c

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
The post is definitely real. Found in the archive myself. October 5th is one hell of a guess, especially since at the time it was more common to think that the highly-expected September Direct would be where the last character might be revealed. I'm personally going to chalk this up to being a really lucky guess, but it'll definitely be in the back of my mind.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Since I've regained quite a bit of my interest in Pokemon (to the point that I'm currently playing quite a bit of Pokemon Masters EX), I'd like to know: If CP11 is another Pokemon rep, how likely would it be to be a rep for either Legends Arceus or Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl?

Side note: I've softened up a little bit on getting a third starter (like Cinderace, a frequently-suggested candidate), though I'd probably still find that boring and formulaic.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's 4chan so I automatically have my doubts about its legitimacy, and Sora isn't a character I'd be particularly excited for given how I don't enjoy Kingdom Hearts, but he'd be a good choice to end things on if this somehow ended up being true. I know a lot of people would be happy.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
4chan is always annoying, But I will give them some credit, they have had legitimate leaks there. The Smash 4 roster ESRB leak, Ultimate's final name and the fact that Daisy and Ridley will be playable, along with Bomberman as an assist, come to mind.

Either this is a real leak or this guy is just incredibly lucky.
Sucumbio Sucumbio We have another S brother!

Also it just said Disney music but never if it was Sora, correct? Could be another Disney character...

Mickey Mouse for Smash!

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Going to feel really silly when it's Spectrobes music they are requesting for the Spectrobes character.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I would call it fake. But getting October 5 correctly? He is either really lucky, which is totally possible, or actually has legitimate information.
Now this is interesting.

View attachment 331568

Reposted
Coincidences are more common than you think. I got the title for Mario Party Supertars correct in a fake 4chan leak I made, but I'm not a real leaker.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
The post is definitely real. Found in the archive myself. October 5th is one hell of a guess, especially since at the time it was more common to think that the highly-expected September Direct would be where the last character might be revealed. I'm personally going to chalk this up to being a really lucky guess, but it'll definitely be in the back of my mind.
Can you post a link, or a pic with the swear words censored? I want to share it in a discord server

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom