• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Has anyone seen this? It's by the same guy who made the Toad trailer that blew up for Project M which some thought was a leak. It's only a few hours old surprisingly.
That part where Wario got the invite and Waluigi had to tell him to keep it genuinely made me feel

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You can always join us in the Nick Brawl speculation thread. Weekly information. Just a couple of months of speculation and some fun times discussiing cartoons and memes.
I like how you say this without mentioning how we have actual gameplay and that it looks ****ing insane

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else find it a little weird that Bandai Namco is still the only company with no new Miis?

FreeFox

Smash Lord
I like how you say this without mentioning how we have actual gameplay and that it looks ****ing insane
Oh yeah. The game is looking absolutely bonkers. Lots of mobility options, air grabs, D.K. grabs, universal projectile reflection, wavedashing, full blocking, parries, airdashing and even more. I am glad to be on both threads.

Mushufasa

Smash Cadet

Again if this isn't the right thread let me know and I could post it somewhere else. It's fairly ordered, and I made the Tier List maker at

I think the first few tiers are pretty standard, but I honestly have a feeling we're going to exist in one of those "One in 14 million" timelines where someone like Adol Christin is added.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Do we though? I watched the trailer and it can't go 5 seconds without the screen flipping and fading into a different scene and making me wanna throw up so I can't tell
Also the main theme is terrible

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Has it been talked about yet that mondomega has found evidence to suggest the character is being released in October. If I’ve missed it then my bad. The key wording being “released” and not revealed.

Last edited:

MBRedboy31

Smash Lord
Last edited:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

Again if this isn't the right thread let me know and I could post it somewhere else. It's fairly ordered, and I made the Tier List maker at

I think the first few tiers are pretty standard, but I honestly have a feeling we're going to exist in one of those "One in 14 million" timelines where someone like Adol Christin is added.
Nice job. I agree with the top 3 either by character or by series... All 3 (sic) have a great hope for entrance.... And yet I'm kind of happy that my mw is at least not That crazy 😜

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yea, and Lloyd and Heihachi. They're all from Smash 4, though.
Think you meant Gil for the second Lloyd. Don’t blame you though

Has it been talked about yet that mondomega has found evidence to suggest the character is being released in October. If I’ve missed it then my bad. The key wording being “released” and not revealed.
got a link?

and I guess I’ll just tl;dr why I’m taking a break again. This week in particular has been rough on me - going to bed late every night lately, had trouble sleeping in general, had some rando harass me on Twitter, this morning had an awful start, work has been a bit stressful lately, can’t really unwind with a stream cuz Twitch going thru some bull**** right now and … I guess I’ve just been out of it. If my behavior seemed off lately, know that it wasn’t me

JOJONumber691

Smash Lord
Eh? Might as well post my predictions lol:
Ren and Stimpy is one character
Garfield
Zuko
Ronnie Anne
Reptar didn’t get a Stage, instead some other boss will take his Stage.
Adventure Mode returns from Slap City.
Modding will be crazy!

Mushufasa

Smash Cadet
Nice job. I agree with the top 3 either by character or by series... All 3 (sic) have a great hope for entrance.... And yet I'm kind of happy that my mw is at least not That crazy 😜
Thanks!

Phoenix just feels right you know? We would have a visual novel type character, potentially a comedic fighter, who's a lawyer! The music additions / remixes would be awesome, a courtroom stage could be entertaining.

Cinderace isn't necessarily my most preferred Gen 8 Pokemon they could add, but I have to admit it's the one that makes the most sense. And honestly they could make an amazing moveset with Cinderace! Pyro Ball, Libero, Iron Head + Bounce, and obviously some fire moves! I'm not really hung up on the whole "Fire Starter" thing. Charizard isn't the main focus for Pokemon Trainer, and Incineroar is more of a Wrestling type than Fire or Dark. Cinderace has the Battle Spot Singles popularity and Anime presence to make him my guess if they go with a Gen 8 Pokemon.

And Eggman makes the most sense for a Sonic representative. But to be honest I would much prefer Blaze! Blaze's moveset would be awesome.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Think you meant Gil for the second Lloyd. Don’t blame you though

got a link?

and I guess I’ll just tl;dr why I’m taking a break again. This week in particular has been rough on me - going to bed late every night lately, had trouble sleeping in general, had some rando harass me on Twitter, this morning had an awful start, work has been a bit stressful lately, can’t really unwind with a stream cuz Twitch going thru some bull**** right now and … I guess I’ve just been out of it. If my behavior seemed off lately, know that it wasn’t me
https://twitter.com/neoxon619/status/1434964251316264960?s=21

I don’t have a link to the original post but I have the link to the person I saw bring it up.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Oh my gosh it has Toontown! on it!!!

I decided to take a crack at it a few minutes ago and I'm only on the "F" names. Hoo boy.

EDIT: Also, the Flippy render is super crisp. It definitely wasn't taken from Disney's Toontown Online so now I wonder who made it.

Last edited:

Mushufasa

Smash Cadet
Oh my gosh it has Toontown! on it!!!

I decided to take a crack at it a few minutes ago and I'm only on the "F" names. Hoo boy.

EDIT: Also, the Flippy render is super crisp. It definitely wasn't taken from Disney's Toontown Online so now I wonder who made it.
I took the images from Global Smash Roster when making the Tier List Maker. So I suppose whoever created Flippy's entry on the site would know best.

Thanks for noticing Flippy from Toontown in the Maker! I never played Toontown myself, but I definitely heard about it.

I didn't use everyone in my own tier list, but I wanted to cover as many bases as possible with the selections for the Tier List Maker itself. So someone could make it as serious or as funny as they wanted to. The selection I laughed at the most putting in there was Pajama Sam 😄 or the Google Chrome Dinosaur.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I feel like no one can accurately predict who the final character will be. Like, I think it's gonna be a Pokémon, but I have no clue who exactly it will be. I'm guessing Cinderace, but what I learned from Ultimate's base game is that even if a certain Pokémon seems like a lock, it doesn't necessarily mean it is. though i was personally never in the "decidueye is a lock" camp despite how much i wanted him.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

This tier list is amazing!

Sgt. Cortez is on here.png

Mushufasa

Smash Cadet
That Tier list has way too many characters on it but tbh I'm kinda tempted to make one for how I'd react to them solely because mah girl Shanoa's there
She caught my attention browsing through the Global Smash Roster. "Oh, a Castlevania character from one of the DS games? That sounds neat!" Her abilities sound like it would make for an amazing moveset.

I only played tidbits of Castlevania games growing up here and there, but I really enjoy the Netflix show. If Shanoa uses close to the same amount of magic as Sypha does, I might have to figure out a way of playing Shanoa's game...

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I feel like no one can accurately predict who the final character will be. Like, I think it's gonna be a Pokémon, but I have no clue who exactly it will be. I'm guessing Cinderace, but what I learned from Ultimate's base game is that even if a certain Pokémon seems like a lock, it doesn't necessarily mean it is. though i was personally never in the "decidueye is a lock" camp despite how much i wanted him.
If you had to pick one of the fossils, who would you pick? You know those hideous designs which most people don't like but I kinda like the wackiness of? These are the questions people should really be asking.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
She caught my attention browsing through the Global Smash Roster. "Oh, a Castlevania character from one of the DS games? That sounds neat!" Her abilities sound like it would make for an amazing moveset.

I only played tidbits of Castlevania games growing up here and there, but I really enjoy the Netflix show. If Shanoa uses close to the same amount of magic as Sypha does, I might have to figure out a way of playing Shanoa's game...
Yeah Shanoa is amazing, they did something unique with her game as EVERY attack costs MP, the benefit of this being that every glyph can be used as your basic attack so you can just toss out fireballs instead of swinging a sword if you want to, I recommend trying it out, it's my second favourite game of all time

Jondolio

Smash Hero
If you had to pick one of the fossils, who would you pick? You know those hideous designs which most people don't like but I kinda like the wackiness of? These are the questions people should really be asking.
Dracovish is the most popular, so I'd probably pick it, though none of the fossils are among my first choices.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Do what you need to do Rie. I'll talk briefly here since I can't PM you but I just want to let you know that we enjoy having you here. You are funny and pleasant to talk with. I don't know what you are going through but I'm just concerned since you've said things like this multiple times before. Just know that you can PM me or others on here if you need to vent.

I'll stop here since this ain't the place for this talk but I wanted to bring this up since Smash talk should just be fun.
we need more people like you on this website

Shroob

Sup?
Dracovish.

He's my baby boy.

Precious baby boy that has probably one of the strongest hitting moves of all time.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
That Tier list has way too many characters on it but tbh I'm kinda tempted to make one for how I'd react to them solely because mah girl Shanoa's there
Yeeeeah. I'm doing an odds one, but I feel like a reaction one would be infinitely more entertaining. It's kind of been 10 minutes of:

"No."
"No."
"No."
"No."
"I have no idea who this is."
"No."
"No."
"No."
"No."
"No."

Mushufasa

Smash Cadet
So here are my thoughts on Pokemon chances. Cinderace is strongly in the lead, but Rillaboom and Inteleon are close behind.

I actually think Urshifu would be a very reasonable choice and be amazing to play as.... but then Kazuya was revealed 😄 Not sure how the fanbase would react to Gruff Martial Arts man into Martial Arts Bear thing. Still, don't be surprised if Urshifu makes it into a Smash at some point.

Toxtricity, Grimmsnarl, and Dragapult I think would be the next best choices from Gen 8. Just imagine how hype a Gigantamax Grimmsnarl Final Smash would look like 👀 Toxtricity has the punk rocker vibe going on, Dragapult would just be unique on movement alone (and shooting mini dragons).

Sir Fetch'd is funny to imagine just because "Oh no, not -another- anime swordsman..." 😄

After that are Pokemon that sort of missed their shot like Zeraora, Decidueye, Gengar, and Machamp.

One Pokemon that's under the radar as a Fighter choice, in my opinion, is Melmetal. One area for representation for Smash that could be neat is Mobile. Well, you could combine mobile, Pokemon, Pokemon GO, all in one roster selection! My only concern with Melmetal is.... what music would you choose? Does Pokemon GO even have that much music? Would they just pick Gen 8 music to go with it instead?

Also with all the Sinnoh games coming out soon, Gen 4 Pokemon stocks could be going up. Is that a Garchomp joining the roster in the distance I see? 👀

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I don't recall the hype for WarioWare being that crazy for this game. I don't remember Gold selling smashingly but it's probably not bad.

I just feel like this game could sink just as well as it could sell well. :mybodyisreggie: The demo was definitely a good move but I don't know if it's a seller.
Wario Ware always sells well but not great.

It's like Kirby. Modest but consistent success.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom