• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
"One of the Assist Trophy characters will be getting there second chance as a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Tune in later to find out who."

The entire community self distructs as the Krystal/Alucard/Isaac/Shadow/Zero/Shovel Knight/Midna/Ashley/Waluigi/Knuckles/Ghirahim/Skull Kid/Lyn wars begin.
No they're gonna be alts of each other lol.

Dukefire

Smash Master
it is the morning. (well, depending on your time zone.) So wait at least the afternoon to call the final results. Announcements usually appear either in the morning or afternoon.

If not, just continue being patient while fishing for other fishes. The big one will eventually come.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
My favorite moment in The Legendary Starfy was when he morphed into the shape of a realistically proportioned human with a sword.
No it was when he turned into a polygonal head and started firing carpets at me before turning into that one FE waifu. Fanservice x2

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
"One of the Assist Trophy characters will be getting there second chance as a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Tune in later to find out who."

The entire community self distructs as the Krystal/Alucard/Isaac/Shadow/Zero/Shovel Knight/Midna/Ashley/Waluigi/Knuckles/Ghirahim/Skull Kid/Lyn wars begin.
I'm ok with this.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yes, that’s the plan. Would make for a more enticing final haul than the current candidates anyway
Potentially, but as far as speculation goes, we know all the beats already:

"It's Waluigi."
"But it could als-"
"Nope. Waluigi."

And when the people that aren't simply just convinced that it's Waluigi are allowed to speak, it'll quickly be deduced that Alucard, Shadow, Zero, and Knuckles are the only ones with a shot, with a few people holding out hope for Isaac, Lyn, Shovel Knight, or Ashley anyway. Other than that, we'll have people hating on Lyn because Fire Emblem, and crapposts about Andross, Klaptrap, Thwomp, Color TV-Game 15, and the like.

SKX31

Smash Master
No they're gonna be alts of each other lol.
“It’ll be a Hero situation, trust me”
Their shared Final Smash turns out to be a cinematic one. Where the victim gets tossed around by Dr. Kawashima and the Pong boards before the AT strikes them with a charged up sword slash. :4pacman:

Also, a look at an area that's usually not covered (link to Taiwanese website) a lot. Except when its ratings board leaks Crash 4 by mistake:

Confirms that Trails into Reverie has quite a lot of legs there. Wonder why it's taking so long for it to get an NA / EU release (I saw on the Trails Wiki that it's apparently scheduled for 2023).

Same source also named Japan's and South Korea's console Top 5 for the week:

🇯🇵 :

1. Tsukihime -A piece of blue glass moon- (Switch)
2. Tsukihime -A piece of blue glass moon- (PS4)
3. Ring Fit Adventures
4. MK8DX
5. Minecraft (Switch)

🇰🇷 :

1. Ring Fit Adventures
2. Animal Crossing New Horizons
3. MK8DX
4. No More Heroes III
5. Pokemon Sword / Shield

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
it is the morning. (well, depending on your time zone.) So wait at least the afternoon to call the final results. Announcements usually appear either in the morning or afternoon.
As far as I know, Nintendo Direct announcements are always made about an hour earlier than now, so unless it's late, it's just not happening.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Their shared Final Smash turns out to be a cinematic one. Where the victim gets tossed around by Dr. Kawashima and the Pong boards before the AT strikes them with a charged up sword slash. :4pacman:

Also, a look at an area that's usually not covered (link to Taiwanese website) a lot. Except when its ratings board leaks Crash 4 by mistake:

Confirms that Trails into Reverie has quite a lot of legs there. Wonder why it's taking so long for it to get an NA / EU release (I saw on the Trails Wiki that it's apparently scheduled for 2023).

Same source also named Japan's and South Korea's console Top 5 for the week:

🇯🇵 :

1. Tsukihime -A piece of blue glass moon- (Switch)
2. Tsukihime -A piece of blue glass moon- (PS4)
3. Ring Fit Adventures
4. MK8DX
5. Minecraft (Switch)

🇰🇷 :

1. Ring Fit Adventures
2. Animal Crossing New Horizons
3. MK8DX
4. No More Heroes III
5. Pokemon Sword / Shield
For some reason, Falcom doesn't like the idea of localizers starting localizing and translating before the game's out so work's only recently started on Reverie. Hell, I believe NIS was only allowed to work on the most recent titles too which is part of why the Crossbell games took so long to get localized and those are only happening super fast because they contacted the fantranslation team and asked to use their work

Jondolio

Smash Hero
For the longest time I didn't really understand the appeal of Ashley in Smash, but earlier today I watched a moveset video for her and I think I'm on board now. She has crazy amount of potential (including using lightning that I would spam the heck out of while screaming UNLIMITED POWAAAAA) and her personality could really shine through the moveset. She might be my 3rd choice for an assist promotion after Isaac and Shovel Knight now.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ok, to pass the time. What would your reaction be for the most requested characters should one get in? It can good/bad or both reactions from the internet. To retain sanity, please don't add fourth party characters.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
For the longest time I didn't really understand the appeal of Ashley in Smash, but earlier today I watched a moveset video for her and I think I'm on board now. She has crazy amount of potential (including using lightning that I would spam the heck out of while screaming UNLIMITED POWAAAAA) and her personality could really shine through the moveset. She might be my 3rd choice for an assist promotion after Isaac and Shovel Knight now.
What moveset video?

Dukefire

Smash Master
Ah yes, Brawlfan1's What If Smash Bros videos. He does bring up good ideas based on the character's personality and game origins to design the moveset.

ArkSPiTFirE

Smash Journeyman
Ok, to pass the time. What would your reaction be for the most requested characters should one get in? It can good/bad or both reactions from the internet. To retain sanity, please don't add fourth party characters.
What's the most requested character right now? It's hard to tell when costumes and assist trophies disconfirm, so people move their attention to others.

Though if I were to guess by social media, it's Sora. I'd be absolutely gobsmacked if Nintendo pulled it off, but indifferent to the character himself. I'd also be low key annoyed that another third party RPG got in.

I'd be happier with someone like Master Chief, that's a similar story, but I wouldn't be bitter about it lol.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Id be over the moon if sora got in

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Who would you consider the most requested characters right now? I really don't keep up with the general consensus anymore.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ah yes, Brawlfan1's What If Smash Bros videos. He does bring up good ideas based on the character's personality and game origins to design the moveset.
Tbh, I find his movesets a little too cramped with references. I think he has a lot of neat concepts that tend to be buried under messy movesets that don't have enough cohesion.

Though, he made a moveset for Cream, so he's cool in my book.

Dukefire

Smash Master
Let's see........
Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Dr. Eggman
Doom Slayer
Sora
and Rayman

Well, I could be wrong, so add any character if they weren't listed as most popular.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Tbh, I find his movesets a little too cramped with references. I think he has a lot of neat concepts that tend to be buried under messy movesets that don't have enough cohesion.

Though, he made a moveset for Cream, so he's cool in my book.
His movesets also tend to be way too complicated. His Steve, Eevee, and Frisk especially suffer from this. His Maxwell is surprisingly exempt from this issue, considering the character.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I like some of BrawlFan1's movesets but they can really be hit or miss in some aspects. For example, while I love his Ashley moveset, his Isaac moveset is kinda baffling since 3/4 of the specials use the Djinn rather than Psyenergy - I like that he incorporates the fact 4 level summons require 4 Djinn to be on standby, but it's still baffling nonetheless.
Let's see........
Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Dr. Eggman
Doom Slayer
Sora
and Rayman

Well, I could be wrong, so add any character if they weren't listed as most popular.
I'm gonna use emojis to illustrate how I feel about each of these characters.
Crash Bandicoot - 🤷‍♂️
Master Chief - 😎
Dr. Eggman - 🤩
Doom Slayer - 🙄
Sora - 👍
Rayman - 😍
Edit: I don't think any of them is getting in though.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
Let's see........
Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Dr. Eggman
Doom Slayer
Sora
and Rayman

Phoenix Wright was definitely up there as well. Still, a pretty good list of characters that most would say are in the most wanted categories.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
His movesets also tend to be way too complicated. His Steve, Eevee, and Frisk especially suffer from this. His Maxwell is surprisingly exempt from this issue, considering the character.
Yeah, it's pretty easy to get carried away with mechanics, especially if the character has a lot to work with or don't recognize when you should take a creative liberty.

It's difficult, 'cuz having a gimmick makes the character more enticing, but having too many or one implemented poorly causes a lot of problems.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Oof, can’t say I’d be excited for any of those
I used to really want Doomguy but now...eh.

And to be honest I've been wanting to say this for a while: Doesn't bandwagoning Eggman because he hasn't been AT'd/Mii'd make him seem like the bottom of the barrel? Like, at least Mega Man fans stick to X/Zero/Proto Man/EXE regardless of their costumes instead of bandwagoning Volnutt.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Let's see........
Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Dr. Eggman
Doom Slayer
Sora
and Rayman

I'd be a bit excited for each of them to some degree,
But I think the FPS boys would do it for me the most.
Honorable mentions go to Eggman because I like me some villains and Rayman because I enjoy playing as him in Brawlhalla and I would even argue that he would be cooler than Crash.

To be honest, Sora in particular wouldn't do much for me, but if we got him, I would love if we could be lucky enough to get official Disney related content of some kind (e.g KH Goofy and Donald in Sora's final smash, and them appearing as spirits)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
And to be honest I've been wanting to say this for a while: Doesn't bandwagoning Eggman because he hasn't been AT'd/Mii'd make him seem like the bottom of the barrel? Like, at least Mega Man fans stick to X/Zero/Proto Man/EXE regardless of their costumes instead of bandwagoning Volnutt.
No for a few reasons:
  • It's not just because everyone else is an Assist Trophy or DLC Mii Costume, it's because of the merits of his character.
  • Conversely, the fact that everyone else is an Assist Trophy or DLC Mii Costume means that he has no competition; normally, he would have fierce competition.
  • There are soooo many characters in Sonic the Hedgehog's extended cast. Dr. Eggman is nowhere near the bottom of the barrel.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I used to really want Doomguy but now...eh.

To me it was always between Tails and Eggman, and between those two I believe Eggman would make for a more unique character. Meanwhile, I mostly want Tails because he's one of my childhood heroes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom