• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Imagine if they did add a Senran Kagura character, and an accompanying feature is forcing the clothes-ripping mechanic on all other characters in any game with said character. Game forces you to watch a five-second close-up scene of a blushing Wario's pants ripping off
You can have the upvote, but I'd like to remind you that I may wind up sleepless tonight with that image in my head.

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
We can always beat as many dead horses necessary whilst there is no Direct. What about Fire Emblem? :troll:
Imagine if they did add a Senran Kagura character, and an accompanying feature is forcing the clothes-ripping mechanic on all other characters in any game with said character. Game forces you to watch a five-second close-up scene of a blushing Wario's pants ripping off
:ultbowser::ultdk::ultgreninja::ultkrool::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultsonic::ultenderman::ultdarksamus::ultrob::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultridley::ultlucario::ultjigglypuff: are immune, hooray! They’ll be a bad match up for them.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
If by "many", you mean "8", then yes - Fire Emblem has many swordfighters.

Also, I find it funny that people are complaining about swordfighters in Smash despite the fact that they only take about an EIGHTH OF THE WHOLE ROSTER.
As much as it pains me to say this, I have the nagging feeling there‘s more characters in the Fire Emblem series than the assortment we got in Smash, and I fear that among those characters there might be even more anime swordfighters such as the ones we were referring to in a discussion that had disgustingly little to do with serious speculation or the Smash series in general.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Not to mention that in more ways than one, Fire Emblem: Three Houses is not the latest Fire Emblem has to offer. Where is that Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Encore content?
Which reminds me.
To anyone hyped by SMTV, give TMS a chance, surprisingly, even with the cocooo Idol paint and the resemblance more with Persona than SMT, it's probably one of my favorite game of the franchise.
Also SMT V visibly run on it's engine, uses it's UI and more.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Id delete smash from my switch so damn fast

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Not to mention that in more ways than one, Fire Emblem: Three Houses is not the latest Fire Emblem has to offer. Where is that Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE: Encore content?
It IS still suspicious that Tsubasa’s our only Spirit and there’s no music. Not even a Spirit of Itsuki, the LITERAL protagonist

…or maybe it’s just my OCD being set off by that fact 🤪

osby

Smash Obsessed
It IS still suspicious that Tsubasa’s our only Spirit and there’s no music. Not even a Spirit of Itsuki, the LITERAL protagonist

…or maybe it’s just my OCD being set off by that fact 🤪
I'm pretty sure there are multiple titles represented solely by a single Spirit.

Tsubasa getting over Itsuki isn't even that weird, considering how prominent she was in that game's marketing.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
We can always beat as many dead horses necessary whilst there is no Direct. What about Fire Emblem? :troll:

:ultbowser::ultdk::ultgreninja::ultkrool::ultsquirtle::ultivysaur::ultcharizard::ultsonic::ultenderman::ultdarksamus::ultrob::ultgnw::ultpacman::ultpichu::ultpikachu::ultpiranha::ultridley::ultlucario::ultjigglypuff: are immune, hooray! They’ll be a bad match up for them.
This ****post made me realize just how grainy the emotes have gotten. Why'd they do that?

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Also, I find it funny that people are complaining about swordfighters in Smash despite the fact that they only take about an EIGHTH OF THE WHOLE ROSTER.
Spoilering the response just so that the people that don't want to have this discussion yet again don't have to see it.
It's about 7% as of Kazuya. About 9% if you count Echo Fighters. Both are even less than an eighth, though they are still the third most populated series in terms of fighters by 2 (tying with The Legend of Zelda if we don't count Echo Fighters).

I'm pretty sure the biggest issue in terms of public perception is far and away how quickly they got here:
  • :marthmelee::roymelee: (+2)
  • :marth::ike: (+1)
  • :4marth::4myfriends::4robinm::4lucina::4feroy::4corrin:(+4)
  • :ultmarth::ultlucina::ultroy::ultchrom::ultike: :ultrobin: :ultcorrin::ultbyleth:(+2)
Roy gets recounted since he skipped a game, but even without that it's still pretty clear that Fire Emblem's roster kind of exploded during Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3Ds/Wii U and didn't quite stop in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. IIRC before Corrin, people were ragging about Pokémon for having only 5 (of course, nobody complained when Mewtwo was added because it's Mewtwo. lol). I also don't remember much complaint about Fire Emblem for this game until Byleth stirred up the hornet's nest, so I think it's fairly easy for it to blow over, it just takes a few years (which is admittedly longer than some would say is reasonable).

I will leave unspoilered that one of my teachers has unironically said the "hur dur anime swordsman" line and I don't think he was particularly invested in the game, so the sentiment does seem to have spread outside the community. lol

RileyXY1

Smash Hero

There's just as many fighters who exclusively fight with their bare fists as those who fight with swords.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
There's just as many fighters who exclusively fight with their bare fists as those who fight with swords.
Well yeah, but that doesn't really matter due to a combination of sword characters tending to follow similar beats in their moveset, "screw Fire Emblem in particular", and "if I can make up a category that a character I didn't want falls into, I can say they're objectively bad!".

I'll leave it up to you to decide how much it is the last option. lol

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Those weren't like that before right? What happened?
I think like a month or two ago (maybe when Kazuya's icon was added?) they were converted to 256 Colors for some reason. Images get that way when you do that.

Gorgonzales

Smash Ace

I mean DK, K. Rool, Sonic, and Pac-Man technically wear clothes.
And G&W presumably has clothes but they just blend in with his torso so we can't see them.
I mean... I hope G&W is wearing clothes...

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Plot Twist: A Mini Nintendo Direct gets shadow dropped today instead of us getting an announcement to a full on Direct.

Staarih

Smash Master
And next week it is.
Well, if it's any consolation, next week does seem pretty apt for a Direct as apparently the week after that there's a public holiday in Japan (Autumnal Equinox Day, Sept 23rd) with offices, businesses etc closed.

But I mean, every day that passes gets us closer to the day the Direct airs anyway, it'll come eventually.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Plot Twist: A Mini Nintendo Direct gets shadow dropped today instead of us getting an announcement to a full on Direct.
Bigger Plot Twist: they're going to reveal a new format for Nintendo Direct out of nowhere:

Medium Nintendo Direct.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If there’s one way I wish Smash speculation ends it’s with an “An Assist Trophy joins the battle” guessing game. It would be perfect and the choice would be exquisite no matter the exact candidate.
"One of the Assist Trophy characters will be getting there second chance as a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Tune in later to find out who."

The entire community self distructs as the Krystal/Alucard/Isaac/Shadow/Zero/Shovel Knight/Midna/Ashley/Waluigi/Knuckles/Ghirahim/Skull Kid/Lyn wars begin.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ehhhh, have they made announcements prior to mini shadow drops in the past tho?

if not, they could still shadow drop a mini… tomorrow

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I mean DK, K. Rool, Sonic, and Pac-Man technically wear clothes.
And G&W presumably has clothes but they just blend in with his torso so we can't see them.
I mean... I hope G&W is wearing clothes...
If DK, K. Rool, Sonic and Pac-Man were humans, they'd get arrested for walking in public.

and Mr Game and Watch is such a strange creature that he is allowed to be a nudist, I suppose.

If there’s one way I wish Smash speculation ends it’s with an “An Assist Trophy joins the battle” guessing game. It would be perfect and the choice would be exquisite no matter the exact candidate.
Now that would cause quiet the chaos.

Id delete smash from my switch so damn fast
You really do hate that series that much?

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
"One of the Assist Trophy characters will be getting there second chance as a fighter in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Tune in later to find out who."

The entire community self distructs as the Krystal/Alucard/Isaac/Shadow/Zero/Shovel Knight/Midna/Ashley/Waluigi/Knuckles/Ghirahim/Skull Kid/Lyn wars begin.
Yes, that’s the plan. Would make for a more enticing final haul than the current candidates anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom