• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Dr. Eggman is nowhere near the bottom of the barrel
By this I mean bottom of the barrel of major Sonic characters. Hopefully no one would take an Eggman AT as a hint that Princess Elise was on the way.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
By this I mean bottom of the barrel of major Sonic characters. Hopefully no one would take an Eggman AT as a hint that Princess Elise was on the way.
Nah, in terms of series importance, it's like:
  • Sonic and Dr. Eggman
  • Tails
  • Knuckles and Shadow
  • Amy
  • The rest of the immediate extended cast
  • Everyone else
And for most of these the tiers are super close together.

I guess it’s fair tho. They don’t wanna steal the thunder from the new WarioWare coming this week
I still don't understand this:
  1. It's WarioWare. There isn't any thunder to steal.
  2. The problem is easily solved by just sticking it on the Nintendo Direct.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I still don't understand this:
  1. It's WarioWare. There isn't any thunder to steal.
  2. The problem is easily solved by just sticking it on the Nintendo Direct.
WarioWare could steal the spotlight this week, sure.

But don't forget that they may want to do so so that, like you said, they could stick it on the Direct. What would doing this do for them? Something simple like "WarioWare is out now! We hope you enjoy it!" Followed by a small trailer for the game.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
WarioWare could steal the spotlight this week, sure.

But don't forget that they may want to do so so that, like you said, they could stick it on the Direct. What would doing this do for them? Something simple like "WarioWare is out now! We hope you enjoy it!" Followed by a small trailer for the game.
Yeah, and they do that all the time with smaller titles. I have no idea why WarioWare: Get it Together! would be an exception.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I don't know why you people are even giving Wah the time of day. They aren't remotely nice to anyone nor do they have anything productive to add to the discussion.
He accused me of saying something I didn’t say, I gotta stand up for myself

sigh

maybe I should just take a break until the direct is for sure announced. We won’t get any rumors this late, and I’m not even feeling like myself lately due to a variety of factors irl. THIS isn’t helping.

Jondolio

Smash Hero

sigh

maybe I should just take a break until the direct is for sure announced. We won’t get any rumors this late, and I’m not even feeling like myself lately due to a variety of factors irl. THIS isn’t helping.
Do whatever you feel is right for you. No one would fault you for this.
I put him on ignore a while ago.
I did too once I realized talking to them is like talking to a brick wall.

Trevenant

Smash Lord
I did too once I realized talking to them is like talking to a brick wall.
Like the wall every Waluigi supporter will find themselves bumping into when it turns out that a literal wall, Kururin himself will be the upgraded assist trophy and not wa. Segway to ask why was so many obvious assist trophies cut. One of them were literal sprites which were ripped from AV proper yet they couldn't include Infantry and Tanks despite how little point there were in cutting them.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Let's see........
Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Dr. Eggman
Doom Slayer
Sora
and Rayman

Well, I could be wrong, so add any character if they weren't listed as most popular.
I would be happy for anyone that wanted these or other mw and got a rep.

Then I'd log into qp and surf through waves of ffa and tb with 3 fp11 and 1 holdout.

If the character is not for me like Steve I'll hold out and just continue grinding Kazuya.

If the character is my type like Sephiroth I'll invest some time with them and then either drop them like Byleth or temp main like Solo Pyra.

Edit

I don't mod here but WahHahaha WahHahaha and anyone else if you can't post without being disrespectful then don't post.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Dinoman96

Smash Master
Let's see........
Crash Bandicoot
Master Chief
Dr. Eggman
Doom Slayer
Sora
and Rayman

Well, I could be wrong, so add any character if they weren't listed as most popular.
I'd be really happy to see any of those characters outside of Crash and Rayman (blame their respective companies for that).

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Do what you need to do Rie. I'll talk briefly here since I can't PM you but I just want to let you know that we enjoy having you here. You are funny and pleasant to talk with. I don't know what you are going through but I'm just concerned since you've said things like this multiple times before. Just know that you can PM me or others on here if you need to vent.

I'll stop here since this ain't the place for this talk but I wanted to bring this up since Smash talk should just be fun.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I'm sorry. Did you mean to do this:
:jojo: WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!
No

:jojo: :jojo: :jojo: i will use the likeness of dio as i please and you are powerless to stop me. :jojo::jojo::jojo:
Sooooooooooooooo

I guess uhhhh

that Monolith maintenance was a load of hoopla huh?
What maintenance of anything within the past 30 days hasn't been a load of hoopla?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Has anyone seen this? It's by the same guy who made the Toad trailer that blew up for Project M which some thought was a leak. It's only a few hours old surprisingly.
Looks like this version of the character was heavily inspired by Super Smash Flash 2.
MKHT's Waluigi build has been around for a few years before SSF2, I guess he just never actually finished it until now. I recognize it because it's the same FS and he's credited in the description lol.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I was more thinking about the Dice Block and Piranha Plant Special Moves when I said that, but that's some neat info as well.
It's about time he even finished Waluigi, I think he just left that project to collect dust until now. Also cool to see he did a massive overhaul, SSF2's Waluigi is a pretty good representation of the character imo.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No

:jojo: :jojo: :jojo: i will use the likeness of dio as i please and you are powerless to stop me. :jojo::jojo::jojo:

What maintenance of anything within the past 30 days hasn't been a load of hoopla?
That’s fair, I’ll take the L on this one

can ya blame me tho I just want SOME kind of news soon
Do what you need to do Rie. I'll talk briefly here since I can't PM you but I just want to let you know that we enjoy having you here. You are funny and pleasant to talk with. I don't know what you are going through but I'm just concerned since you've said things like this multiple times before. Just know that you can PM me or others on here if you need to vent.

I'll stop here since this ain't the place for this talk but I wanted to bring this up since Smash talk should just be fun.
ill maybe explain more in the social thread

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Looks very cool.

The ending…is he gonna make a Skull Kid mod?!
Nah man the Majora's Mask reference was clearly for that game's actual true rep: Tingle. :bowsette:

That’s fair, I’ll take the L on this one

can ya blame me tho I just want SOME kind of news soon
The Direct news will come in the same way as it always has lately. Random nighttime announcements on Twitter baybeeeeeee! :secretkpop:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I guess it’s fair tho. They don’t wanna steal the thunder from the new WarioWare coming this week
If other companies cared about stealing that games thunder, Atlus wouldnt have dropped that SMT trailer today. im sure WW can handle it, its gonna sell like crazy when it comes out

Last edited:

Trevenant

Smash Lord
Looks like this version of the character was heavily inspired by Super Smash Flash 2.
They said that the dice block was the only thing they took from smash flash 2 but I think it's a really great mod. I've been keeping an eye on it for a few months now. He's also made a Bandana Dee one which is close to done and made a Banjo Kazooie one which is largely different from their current portrayal.
Legit thought it was a Rick roll.

Awesome video!
I was trying to find one gif which I thought would be an appropriate response but unfortunately it seems people haven't thought that it deserves to be gif
Looks very cool.

The ending…is he gonna make a Skull Kid mod?!
With the laugh, I assume so. The guy is kind of on a roll lol. Check out more of his stuff if you haven't, as said he made a cool BanDee mod.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
If other companies cared about stealing that games thunder, Atlus wouldnt have dropped that SMT trailer today. im sure WW can handle it, its gonna sell like crazy when it comes out
I don't recall the hype for WarioWare being that crazy for this game. I don't remember Gold selling smashingly but it's probably not bad.

I just feel like this game could sink just as well as it could sell well. :mybodyisreggie: The demo was definitely a good move but I don't know if it's a seller.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
With the laugh, I assume so. The guy is kind of on a roll lol. Check out more of his stuff if you haven't, as said he made a cool BanDee mod.
yeah I’ve seen him before and subscribed I think after his Toad video, but I didn’t see his new Waluigi video earlier; he also has a cool Pac-Man moveset and I think he was working on Banjo & Kazooie (not sure if he still is or not; their moveset was different from their Ultimate one, but still cool). His Bandana Dee is also cool.

A Skull Kid mod is very exciting for me; I haven’t seen any good ones for Brawl so it’s cool that he’s making one.

edit: woops just noticed you already mentioned his Banjo & Kazooie lol.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord

sigh

You can always join us in the Nick Brawl speculation thread. Weekly information. Just a couple of months of speculation and some fun times discussiing cartoons and memes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom