• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I've been talkin' to 'em via PM.

I'm gonna spoiler it since this is all speculative ****.

You still believe that? Are you never going to give that theory up? :roll:

Regarding the SK talk, I have no interest in the series despite some content creators I follow saying that the hack and slash gameplay is better than it had any right to be for... what it is, ya know.

That said, it would probably be one of the few times I'd indulge in schadenfraude. Kinda like the effect that I can see characters from gory games have on some people. Even though it would take an amazing moveset to convince me to ever play a SK character.

Shroob

Sup?
I guess if I were to contribute to the "what if"s, I'd ask "what if Super Smash Bros. started on the NES?".

Hmm...I've heard it's actually one of the few series like it that actually tries to get you to care about the characters.
That sensation lasts all of 5 seconds when you blast the clothes off the questionably aged young girl you're fighting against and a close up cinematic emphasizes her badonkadonks flopping all over the place.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That sensation lasts all of 5 seconds when you blast the clothes off the questionably aged young girl you're fighting against and a close up cinematic emphasizes her badonkadonks flopping all over the place.
Yeah, that's the main reason I was annoyed with Soul Calibur IV. The characters are great, but a mechanic makes it hard to get into.

At least there's findable bios/etc. online so you can appreciate the better aspects of the characters if you wanted to. Not a great fix, but it somewhat helps, I guess?

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
The only thing I know about Senran Kagura is this quote from the creator. “**** are life, ass is hometown”.
That says enough about the game that I don’t want it in Smash, it sounds like the franchise goes way further than Bayonetta does for instance.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Damn bro, you only last 5 seconds?

I mean, I too would expect pigs to fly before seeing Senran Kagura in Smash.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
It's worth noting that Sony in general targets the AAA Western market more these days anyway, largely because the Switch has swallowed up much of Japan's audience. But, much like Microsoft, it can survive off worldwide sales and unlike the Xbox, it can also have the occasional breakthrough hit that does decent numbers back home.

There's been rumors of a major gaming studio being made for the purposes of acting as a base for AAA Eastern titles for Sony, but as I said, they have enough interest from worldwide fans to survive a less than impressive performance in Japan.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master

are you sure about that
I dunno... Rift Apart's units may sound like a huge deal, but being present in 10% of their install base is... I dunno, maybe I'm too used to the way Nintendo does exclusives, but it seems a bit low, at a glance? Spider-Man is split between PS4 and PS5 too, and they didn't give the data for that split.

Since I'm on the topic: anyone has any idea how the situation with scalping has affected sales in short and/or long term? I've heard it was bad, but tbh I don't keep up with Sony too much these days...

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I dunno... Rift Apart's units may sound like a huge deal, but being present in 10% of their install base is... I dunno, maybe I'm too used to the way Nintendo does exclusives, but it seems a bit low, at a glance? Spider-Man is split between PS4 and PS5 too, and they didn't give the data for that split.

Since I'm on the topic: anyone has any idea how the situation with scalping has affected sales in short and/or long term? I've heard it was bad, but tbh I don't keep up with Sony too much these days...
Bad enough to be trending on Twitter not too long ago, I think...

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
What if: James Bond was in Melee?
This one would be very interesting imo
Would he be the one fourth party Sakurai would ever do in the history of Smash?
Would he return in future installments?
Would Sora Ltd work to maintain aggressive speech, fan demand, or implications of any kind that Sakurai should be adding more 4th parties?
Would he play like a zoner or a rush down character, or another archetype?
Would we get to see him in CGI glory at least once?
Would Goldeneye 007 get a fair amount of content?
Which James Bond movies would get SOME content in the game?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Has this been shared here? It'd make a fine topic, I'd say:

There was a problem fetching the tweet
What if:
The Ancient Minister had rebelled earlier/was never a bad guy?
Dedede never stole Wario’s trophified characters?
Bowser and Ganondorf realized they/Master Hand were being manipulated by Tabuu?
Lucas got trophified instead of Ness?
Kirby saved both Peach and Zelda?
Pit never found Mario’s trophy?
Marth and Meta Knight never teamed up?
Any number of characters had been sucked into Subspace earlier?
Fox and Diddy Kong never teamed up?
Galleom never was able to self-destruct after being beaten by Lucas and Pokémon Trainer?
R.O.B. had convinced the others on the Isle of Ancients to stop blowing up the island?

Kirby didn’t survive Galeem’s attack, but another character did?
Galeem defeated Dharkon before his initial attack?
Dharkon was the initial boss/enemy of WoL?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Crackpot Smash Ideas: Rosalina & Lubba have been added to the game as an Echo Fighter of Rosalina & Luma. The only change is that Lubba is stronger, but bigger than Luma, thus making it easier to hit, and combo him into oblivion. Well, that and their Final Smash has them crash Starship Mario into the stage.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
OK, if we get to October without knowing the identity of the last Smash character I'll give you the reason and agree that Nahobino is indeed CP11.

But that's not going to happen because we'll get a Direct this month as usual, and we'll get the last character revealed there. It could still be Nahobino for all what we know, because I don't think it's impossible for them to reveal him 2 months before his game comes out (though it's still quite unlikely if you ask me), but we're getting CP11's identity this month for sure.
I really doubt we are getting the identity of the character this month. We will have to get some update from Sakurai to keep people from moving on or something, but revealing the final character is not appropriate for a Nintendo direct.

Of course if I am somehow wrong about the character being revealed this month I still very much think Nahobino is the character because they are undoubtedly revealing the English dub in the direct and starting the digital preorders and that is actually arguably bigger than even the gameplay reveal during E3.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Ye. I'm just parodying leakers for kicks and giggles. I wasn't convinced that the joke didn't land with you. Sorry about that. lol

EDIT: By the way, none of you have correctly guessed the character I was referring to yet. I am disappointed in all of you.
Not really, your answers were funny. I approve. :p
wait so no gforce?

**** this bull**** im selling my copy of ultimate

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Bad enough to be trending on Twitter not too long ago, I think...
So... just like happens with the big companies every once in a while.

Someone thinking Sony's is in a super bad position or that the PS5 is set to be the worst failure in their history is just projecting what they want or what they somehow actually believe as the truth. Of course, all companies do ****ty things or take bad decisions, sometimes one of them acts better, sometimes they have a bad time, etc.

It's not really that different with Nintendo though if we exclude 4 or 5 big, big mainstream and popular games such as Smash, Zelda, Animal Crossing or Pokémon.

Nowadays outside of certain Nintendo IP's it's very, very rare for a first party title to have a very high number in an install base, specially if said install base is very big. Like, Super Mario Galaxy sold like what, 10, 12 million of copies? when the Wii sold like 100M consoles.

I really doubt we are getting the identity of the character this month. We will have to get some update from Sakurai to keep people from moving on or something, but revealing the final character is not appropriate for a Nintendo direct.

Of course if I am somehow wrong about the character being revealed this month I still very much think Nahobino is the character because they are undoubtedly revealing the English dub in the direct and starting the digital preorders and that is actually arguably bigger than even the gameplay reveal during E3.
"Revealing the final character is not appropiate for a Nintendo Direct"

IDK dude, I think Kazuya, Pyra/Mythra, CP6 being an ARMS character, Terry, Banjo and Hero disagree with you.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I think theres a good shot next direct simply says “Tune in for ??? on X/X” instead of a reveal, we did get Byleth in a similar manner (though its not like there were any directs around that time)
I mean, you said it yourself, there weren't any Directs around that time.

They had to announce Byleth some way, and the only way they had at that time was announcing a Sakurai Presents planned for a certain day.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I think theres a good shot next direct simply says “Tune in for ??? on X/X” instead of a reveal, we did get Byleth in a similar manner (though its not like there were any directs around that time)
inb4 they do an ARMS thing but it's with characters Nintendo knows we've been speculating on as a whole LOL

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
"Revealing the final character is not appropiate for a Nintendo Direct"

IDK dude, I think Kazuya, Pyra/Mythra, CP6 being an ARMS character, Terry, Banjo and Hero disagree with you.
They are not the final character of the biggest fighting game of all time, CP11 is.

Gnateb

Smash Journeyman
About Senran Kagura, there's a really weird dynamic between it and Dark Souls on SmashFAQS. There was a poll about "which series do you want more?", and SK almost best DS iirc. A lot of people got upset for one reason or another, and I think it's because the fanbases are total polar opposites

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
About Senran Kagura, there's a really weird dynamic between it and Dark Souls on SmashFAQS. There was a poll about "which series do you want more?", and SK almost best DS iirc. A lot of people got upset for one reason or another, and I think it's because the fanbases are total polar opposites
Really? That is crazy fascinating to hear about. Not sure if the vote was ironic or not…

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Senran Kagura is the Dark Souls of anime waifu games...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I'll be blunt.

I enjoy many games that are commonly known as booba games.

Fire Emblem Fates? Sounds like a fun time.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Yeah, I love that one.
Fighting games in general? Sign me up.

But... Senran Kagura is... a whole nother level of booba. And its creepy booba.

The other examples may have horny/degrading designs, but at least there's more to each game then that. Even Camilla has stuff you can appreciate that isn't sexual in nature. And even if you hate the idea of the sexual designs, you can largely play the game and ignore it if you wish.

But... Senran Kagura is just so in your face its.... a bit embarrassing. I believe people who say the gameplay is fun. It probably is. But... I feel too ashamed to even try it. It's probably the franchise I point to as the best example of sexualizing women in gaming. Sexualization isn't always a bad thing, but the way that franchise does it just feels... degrading and kind of off. It's not sexy at all and just kind of makes ya feel sad. And that's not even getting at the fact that they're mostly underage.

I dunno, probably gonna get some hate for this one.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
I'll be blunt.

I enjoy many games that are commonly known as booba games.

Fire Emblem Fates? Sounds like a fun time.
Xenoblade Chronicles 2? Yeah, I love that one.
Fighting games in general? Sign me up.

But... Senran Kagura is... a whole nother level of booba. And its creepy booba.

The other examples may have horny/degrading designs, but at least there's more to each game then that. Even Camilla has stuff you can appreciate that isn't sexual in nature. And even if you hate the idea of the sexual designs, you can largely play the game and ignore it if you wish.

But... Senran Kagura is just so in your face its.... a bit embarrassing. I believe people who say the gameplay is fun. It probably is. But... I feel too ashamed to even try it. It's probably the franchise I point to as the best example of sexualizing women in gaming. Sexualization isn't always a bad thing, but the way that franchise does it just feels... degrading and kind of off. It's not sexy at all and just kind of makes ya feel sad. And that's not even getting at the fact that they're mostly underage.

I dunno, probably gonna get some hate for this one.
If Mai can’t even appear as a background character for Terry’s stage simply because she is sexual enough to appear in an ecchi game(Queen’s Gate Spiral Chaos)then we certainly won’t get a whole fighter that is only known in an ecchi series.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Because he was a brand new character at that point, and wasn't fully established as Wario's partner. It would still feel like shoehorning to throw a brand new character into his games just because he was created as Wario's partner.

If he was created alongside Wario, an argument could be made that he has to appear in Wario's games. But he really doesn't, he was created for the Mario universe. I want Waluigi to appear in Wario's games too, but there's no reason that he has to.
I never looked at the fact Waluigi isn't in Warioware because I assumed he was but after learning about his origins I guess the only tin foil hat should be reserved for me because I can't type apparently.

Less than a week before a character reveal, you say?
I thought he meant less than a week before they explain this thing that's got rei .. Invested.

Last edited:

MattX20

Smash Hero
I mean, it's pretty clearly a joke.

It's just not an appropriate one and really shouldn't be on here anyway.

Anyway, looks like next week for a Direct, I guess?
General Directs almost never go past the 15th, so yeah, next week is the absolute latest it can air. There are no presentations like Sony's this week, nor are there any major games releasing like Wario Ware Get it Together next week

Shroob

Sup?
General Directs almost never go past the 15th, so yeah, next week is the absolute latest it can air. There are no presentations like Sony's this week, nor are there any major games releasing like Wario Ware Get it Together next week
He has a point.

The absolute latest we've gotten a General Direct is the 17th, but otherwise, he's 100% correct that they tend to fall before the 15th.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
So all that anticoagulant I mean anticipation and it's for Asuka..

To start off with its Katsu duh
and two.....

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom