• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
Bruh, you're a mod.

You can do that.
Alas I'm merely a spectator here my powers fail me and I am but mortal once away from the DH or ultimate online.

Ah yes Elincia, the most lordly character IS refuses to acknowledge the importance of.

Perhaps one day FEH will do her justice.

There's the healing character.... She regains the whole match inverse to pichu ha and weighs like a feather.

Last edited:

kylexv

Smash Master
All this Colors Ultimate discourse online is making my head spin. You've got people talking about the numerous glitches and issues with polish the game had during their playtime, you have those who are faking glitches for clout, you have those that are saying "idk what you're talking about, I didn't encounter anything weird", and you have those watching the flames continue to burn.

We're never getting a good official Sonic game ever again, are we?

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
All this Colors Ultimate discourse online is making my head spin. You've got people talking about the numerous glitches and issues with polish the game had during their playtime, you have those who are faking glitches for clout, you have those that are saying "idk what you're talking about, I didn't encounter anything weird", and you have those watching the flames continue to burn.

We're never getting a good official Sonic game ever again, are we?
All we need is for Sonic Rangers to be bad, and it'll br a true sequal to the 15th Anniversary...

(Note: I'm not saying I want Sonic Rangers to be bad).

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305

That's the best response I can give to this one.

...The fact it's a great song is entirely coincidentally.
Aw hell yeah, loved this show as a kid/teen.

NEVER SAY NEVER and all that.

Also Code Lyoko though their CG hasn't... aged as well as Oban.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Aw hell yeah, loved this show as a kid/teen.

NEVER SAY NEVER and all that.

Also Code Lyoko though their CG hasn't... aged as well as Oban.
Yeah, a lot of shows aren't all that good or look bad, but a good chunk of Americanized theme songs can be pretty good as is. Most Power Rangers, Beetleborgs, V.R. Troopers, and that's just some Saban stuff. Hell, their Pretty Cure adaption wasn't too great, but it had a catchy theme song, including the full version when they go Princess Mode and blow away the opponent.

The actual scene is lost to time, sadly.
But I cannot die they still made a good theme song among it all. Sailor Moon too, though it helps that all they did was make the original music into new lyrics, which capture the show's theme a bit better than the original lyrics, which aren't bad so much are so much slice of life style it forget it's still an action heroine show.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I will say that technically we haven't gotten a Sonic Team game since Forces in 2017. All of the Sonic Games since then have been from other Studios. If Sonic Rangers isn't coming out till 2022 (and apparently the teaser was shown off too early according to Iizuka, so it might be late 2022)

Anyways I don't think there's any need to Sell Sonic or such like that. Outside of the (3D) games, Sega knows what they are doing with Sonic. I think Sega needs to do the following to Make Sonic as Consistent as they can be

-Sega needs to adopt the Nintendo Motto of being open to delaying Games. I will say that unlike Nintendo, perhaps Sega can't afford as many opportunities to have Games just be delayed, but they need to figure something out. Either they have other games come out to generate revenue so they feel more confident in delaying, or they need to take a loss (which I find unlikely, so they should do option 1)

-Sega also needs to Know their limits, in terms of time to Implement things, especially if they are changing course of Development or adding to Development. a Big reason Rise of Lyric turned out as it did was because Development shifted from Xbox/PS4 to Wii U, yet Sega didn't give ample time to make the transition adequate. Sega also should have known that Spending 3 years on just the Engine, and leaving only 1 year for Actual Game development wasn't gonna be enough for Forces

-Sonic Team (Or now known as Sonic Studio) either needs to get much more readjusted to Working with Sonic again, or they need to readjust the people they have at Sonic Studio. I believe there were alot of new people at Sonic Team when working with Forces, since I know good amount of Old Sonic Team have been leaving to make Help make Nintendo Games (Galaxy 2, BOTW, Etc)

I think the reason other games within Sega have more quality is I Imagine they aren't as Complex and as much of a investment in regards to Development (this also includes any 2D Sonic Game). Persona, Puyo Puyo, and even Yakuza aren't as Complex to develop like a 3D Sonic game is

There's So many Variables that go into Sonic, due to the Movement that needs to be refined to bring that Sonic Speed to life, the Large Environments that need to be Developed around the Sonic Speed, and then you have to combine that with all the General big Production values people want out of any Paid game. There's a Reason Sonic Colors is Largely 2D, why Sonic Generations is so short, and etc

We got to see what Sonic Studio does with Sonic Rangers. I assume it's going to be using the Hedgehog engine 2, and unlike Forces, Most of the time should be on the Engine itself. Perhaps needing to know how to make the Engine work with Series X and PS5, and also Switch.

Shroob

Sup?
Isn't that what we said last week?
Truth be told, as weird as it is, it felt like a lot, and I mean a LOT of people kinda had a feeling that this past week wouldn't actually be it. It was a sorta collective "Probably next week" mentality.

It could definitely come the week after next for sure, but if these GB/GBC rumors are true, then they'll want to announce these before NSO's 3 year anniversary probably.

FreeFox

Smash Lord
Truth be told, as weird as it is, it felt like a lot, and I mean a LOT of people kinda had a feeling that this past week wouldn't actually be it. It was a sorta collective "Probably next week" mentality.

It could definitely come the week after next for sure, but if these GB/GBC rumors are true, then they'll want to announce these before NSO's 3 year anniversary probably.
I hope so too. It would be quite the cathartic moment when it finally happens.

Also, I have gotten over 2500 likes?! Thank you everyone for the love and approval! I couldnt have gotten there without everryone´s help. I really appreciate it.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm actually more interested in who people do NOT want/ Worst ideas they have heard.

Some of mine:

• All four champions as one character. In addition to this having nothing to do with them in game (they aren't linked in any way as fighters), if they were going to do this- Sakurai might as well go ahead and make four separate characters.
  • Another Pokemon Trainer. "Let's just go ahead and steal the one thing that makes another character specifically unique! But this time, let's do it in a less iconic way!"
  • Undertale: it just bothers me. I don't see why this is the game that would get a character, if we breeched this topic. We have also already gotten to 2 culturally relevant things from it- Sans and Megalomania. It's fine to want an Undertale character, but it seems foolish of me when people think of it as a prediction.
  • Porky/ Anymore Earthbound. Again- find to want in my eyes (not all on this list are, to me), but thinking it is needed or DESERVED... alright. Let's be happy this small, dead series (as great as it is) got as much representation as it has. We have every Nintendo-made RPG series in Smash already (short of Fossil Fighter, a sleeper series), except GOLDEN SUN. C'mon!
  • Chun Li. She may be on my list, too...perhaps 100 characters down... but if we are going for female gamechangers in video games- there are better options. If we are going for Video Game icons, let's go to a new series.
  • EMMI/ Metroid Dread or Prime character. It's so amazing that Metroid got buffed involvement in this new game! How about spreading that love to other series, particularly ones that have been even more monetarily profitable and culturally impactful? Donkey Kong is here...

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm actually more interested in who people do NOT want/ Worst ideas they have heard.

Some of mine:

• All four champions as one character. In addition to this having nothing to do with them in game (they aren't linked in any way as fighters), if they were going to do this- Sakurai might as well go ahead and make four separate characters.
  • Another Pokemon Trainer. "Let's just go ahead and steal the one thing that makes another character specifically unique! But this time, let's do it in a less iconic way!"
  • Undertale: it just bothers me. I don't see why this is the game that would get a character, if we breeched this topic. We have also already gotten to 2 culturally relevant things from it- Sans and Megalomania. It's fine to want an Undertale character, but it seems foolish of me when people think of it as a prediction.
  • Porky/ Anymore Earthbound. Again- find to want in my eyes (not all on this list are, to me), but thinking it is needed or DESERVED... alright. Let's be happy this small, dead series (as great as it is) got as much representation as it has. We have every Nintendo-made RPG series in Smash already (short of Fossil Fighter, a sleeper series), except GOLDEN SUN. C'mon!
  • Chun Li. She may be on my list, too...perhaps 100 characters down... but if we are going for female gamechangers in video games- there are better options. If we are going for Video Game icons, let's go to a new series.
Okay the only thing I take issue with is:

but if we are going for female gamechangers in video games- there are better options.

Chun Li is pretty much the female icon of video games, with only really Samus Aran and Laura Croft matching her.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Chun Li is pretty much the female icon of video games, with only really Samus Aran and Laura Croft matching her.
I will acquiese to this- I actually DID consider changing the verbiage. However, my allegiance is with Croft, the one specific example in my mind.
Though, we are strictly speaking of classic characters, here (and also aren't including Dixie Kong or Ms Pacman).

In a contemporary age, there are definitly others- Tracer comes to mind.

(And for the record- if we had gotten a different echo in the base game, instead of Ken, I'd be all for Chun Li. And maybe I will be back for it once we break the third-character of a third party series line...which I hope we don't do, unless it is Sonic).

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Oh, so we're gatekeeping what people want now? That's nice.
Is there irony in you gatekeeping my wants with this post? Absolutely.
Is the accusation true? No- people can want whatever they want. I simply disagree. Obviously, I have no power over their desires. I simply judge those desires.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Is there irony in you gatekeeping my wants with this post? Absolutely.
What.
Look, I may not be in the best state of mind for this right now, but I really fail to follow your logic here. How am I gatekeeping your wants by calling you out for gatekeeping other people's wants?
You literally said "not all of them are fine to want". I'm pretty sure saying something is not fine to want is inherently gatekeeping, unless I'm missing something.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Well, I suppose the answer to "who I don't want" is pretty simple.
Quite literally every other character than the one I explicitly do want.

It's a zero-sum game, and we're on the final character.
With the previous 11 characters the sting of disappointment was lessened with the coping of "Well there's always the next one" but no more!
He who wins claims victory does so by climbing atop the bodies of every other character that people want in Smash.

So in the interest of the characters I do want not becoming a stepping stone for the victor, I hope the horse I'm backing takes this race and pays. me. out.
This'll be me going into that destined final direct.
tai computer.jpg

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Considering the Smash site still says, "New" on Kazuya, I doubt we are about to get the next character.

You may have liked the old debate hall lol.

This topic in particular (speculation) garners many people who have varying degrees of experience in real world applications, and communications vary widely - from sardonic to up beat, matter of fact to super wishy washy, terse, verbose, banal, anal, and all in between...

It's.. Par for the course, no? But I get it.
It just feels like wasted effort a lot of the time. I'm a talk show host and unabashedly myself, so when I feel I'm speaking into the void of an empty forrest, I tend to spend my time elsewhere.
Mostly, forcing friends to listen to my Smash ideas.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
Considering the Smash site still says, "New" on Kazuya, I doubt we are about to get the next character.
...what does that have to do with anything?
Well, I suppose the answer to "who I don't want" is pretty simple.
Quite literally every other character than the one I explicitly do want.

It's a zero-sum game, and we're on the final character.
With the previous 11 characters the sting of disappointment was lessened with the coping of "Well there's always the next one" but no more!
He who wins claims victory does so by climbing atop the bodies of every other character that people want in Smash.

So in the interest of the characters I do want not becoming a stepping stone for the victor, I hope the horse I'm backing takes this race and pays. me. out.
This'll be me going into that destined final direct.
View attachment 329231
See, mania like this is why I don't gamble (even if I am a native Nevadan).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom