• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashZone09

Smash Cadet
I think Fortnite Jonesey is looking likely.
I actually prefer Thanos over him if we are getting a fortnite character.(Even though he's not originated from video game and Sakurai said we're not gonna get any non video game content)

Also that will make a lot of people mad.

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
So Who do you think will gonna be the last fighter?
we’re probably getting someone like sega/atlus or Koei tecmo. Best bets would be phantasy star online or ryu hayabusa

I’m sticking with my guts and saying Layton though. Tad bit of biass, I know. However, I feel we’ll get a new company as the last spot and part of me is holding onto the hope that the list leak is real and there’s just coincidences that match up.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
And then another "Obscure Ecchi Animu Swordie" makes CP11 while the last couple of Miis are all popular choices like Crash, Chief, Slayer, etc. If that comes to pass, then the Twitter outrage will make Byleth look like Banjo in comparison.
Let’s be real though, there is little chance of the last character being nearly as controversial as Byleth to the point of getting 80k+ dislikes on Youtube even in this hypothetical scenario mostly by virtue of not being the 8th Fire Emblem character. Even Cinderace would not come close to getting the same level of hate.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Nah, the DLC will end with a different kind of plant....

View attachment 325611
Of all EA's series, I think Plants vs Zombies is the most on Nintendo's wavelength, maybe besides MySims but the question is how they would handle it.

Would the character be one of the characters from Garden Warfare, heroes or would Sakurai pull something out and successfully make a move set out of the original immobile plants.

SmashZone09

Smash Cadet
we’re probably getting someone like sega/atlus or Koei tecmo. Best bets would be phantasy star online or ryu hayabusa

I’m sticking with my guts and saying Layton though. Tad bit of biass, I know. However, I feel we’ll get a new company as the last spot and part of me is holding onto the hope that the list leak is real and there’s just coincidences that match up.
Like another Sonic rep? Or Ryu Hayabusa? That'll be cool

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Like another Sonic rep? Or Ryu Hayabusa? That'll be cool
wouldn’t have a clue who it would be for sega but they’re the most weird Company. You’d expect it to be a sonic rep because (1) it’s their best selling franchise and (2) it’s not represented well in smash but knowing them it would be arle or someone else completely.

As for koei tecmo I’d say yeah. Ryu hayabuse would probably be the one they choose.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well looks like the Rapper Mario leak is fake.
Oh wow, shocking

osby

Smash Obsessed
Well, I just hope the last fighter is charactet that can appeal to all generations. Then people will gonna be less salty
I mean, Banjo only appeals to old people and he didn't get that much salt because most people who rage at Smash reveals are old.

If anything, appealing to younger fans is a reason to get hate because of the "new fans being familiar with something=something is relevant=shill pick" line of thought.

SmashZone09

Smash Cadet
I mean, Banjo only appeals to old people and he didn't get that much salt because most people who rage at Smash reveals are old.

If anything, appealing to younger fans is a reason to get hate because of the "new fans being familiar with something=something is relevant=shill pick" line of thought.
Well I can't blame them you know....
All thanks to Nostalgia.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I have absolutely no idea.
Same except I do think it's not going to be someone third-party, considering that FP2 has been going for bigger third-parties than 1, but Smash doesn't end with beeeg third-parties.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Do we know anything about sales yet? I was a little nervous, given the strange lack of advertising. Seriously, it feels like Balan Wonderworld of all things had more advertising than Neo TWEWY...
Nothing crazy about the sales, which doesn't surprise me considering the lack of marketing from Square. Like, Neo hasn't even appeared in the 2 past Directs (or any State of Play), and I doubt Nintendo would say no to the game being in their Directs, even if they're not super interested in promoting it. So I assume that's Square's fault to be honest.

I mean, even with some promotion I wasn't expecting big numbers because the original game wasn't a hit when it came out, it became a cult classic and all and word of mouth helped it through the years, but it's still relatively niche but with a passionate fandom. Neo has brought more fans and more eyes into the series, that's for sure, but between Square Enix barely promoting it and the game being kinda niche by default... I wouldn't expect another game soon at all. But that was what I expected to be honest, and luckily Neo doesn't end on a cliffhanger or anything like that.

TWEWY fans, would y'all recommend playing the first TWEWY game before NEO, or is playing NEO by itself fine?
Play the original one on DS/Switch or at least watch the anime. I haven't watched it but I assume it's not the best way to experience the story even if it's because it's just 12 episodes, which always seemed like very few episodes to cover TWEWY's story and all the characters. But I guess that's better than nothing.

Maybe there's a very good recap on Youtube if you don't want to watch an entire let's play.

I'm hearing about this game quite a bit and I'm probably gonna need to play the original to understand everything, so I'd like to ask:

I hear Final Mix is inferior to the original DS version, but how inferior is it in comparison? Is it at least tolerable enough, or is it outright bad?
My personal experience, in case it helps you:

I've never played the original version on DS. I'd like to but it's super expensive to buy. I think even the Final Remix version on Switch is slowly becoming more rare to find.
This wouldn't be a problem if original TWEWY was on the 3DS eShop, which as far as I know isn't the case.

So I just played the Switch version, and while I know a lot of people criticize the controls of said version, specifically the docked controls... I had for the most part a good experience. I played with the joy-cons and I don't know maybe I got lucky but it was fine for the most part. Not perfect that's for sure, but it wasn't bad or annoying for me to the point I wanted to quit.

I'd personally prefer MMX Zero but the Mega Man Zero 2 intro (the best one in the Zero series) would be so PERFECT for a Smash reveal trailer dude.

And that's in part thanks to Departure. Such a good song.

Paraster

Smash Lord
TWEWY fans, would y'all recommend playing the first TWEWY game before NEO, or is playing NEO by itself fine?
When it comes to the original story, I'd also recommend playing/watching a video of "A New Day," the bonus story added in Final Remix. It was explicitly meant to set up the sequel and there are a few plot points in NEO that rely on it.

Honestly, I don't think you need to experience the original story--NEO did a decent job of filling in the gaps and is mostly focused on its own story--but having that knowledge beforehand helps NEO's story resonate more.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Who did Verge stole his info from?
He didn't. He's gotten bad sources, but always got his information from actual sources.

Doesn't make him credible anymore or anything, but honesty is pretty much his thing these days. And has been for multiple years in a row. He's only human, and well, can believe people who say lies too. Doesn't make him a liar either.

A leaker is only as good as their sources, if you will.

Theguy123

Smash Lord
He didn't. He's gotten bad sources, but always got his information from actual sources.

Doesn't make him credible anymore or anything, but honesty is pretty much his thing these days. And has been for multiple years in a row. He's only human, and well, can believe people who say lies too. Doesn't make him a liar either.

A leaker is only as good as their sources, if you will.
do we know if his info about koei tecmo was from his real source before the pandemic or was that bit of info from his unreliable source during the covid pandemic. I can’t remember

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I haven't watched it but I assume it's not the best way to experience the story even if it's because it's just 12 episodes, which always seemed like very few episodes to cover TWEWY's story and all the characters. But I guess that's better than nothing.
I looked it up the other day as nobody ****ing talked about the anime at all but the big issue is they screwed up Neku and made him more stoic rather than the antisocial asshole he is which undermines his development, the first scene of the game is absent and the internal dialogue is kept out which sucks as most of Neku's characterization comes from these moments

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Maybe I’m being picky here but I feel that the last character will definitely have another voice and won’t be just Japanese. Each character in the pass has been spaced out so non of them overlap with a character that speaks the same language as the other.

min min is Chinese, then Steve was mute, then sephiroth was Japanese, then pyra/myphra were English and then kazuya was Japanese.

I feel the last fighter will continue the trend and will have a voice that isn’t just Japanese like sephiroth and kazuya are in all versions of the game.

basically something like the last fighter will be mute or have an English voice or German voice or Spanish voice etc. I think the most logical of them all though would be to either be mute or English.

again I could be being picky though.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Maybe I’m being picky here but I feel that the last character will definitely have another voice and won’t be just Japanese. Each character in the pass has been spaced out so non of them overlap with a character that speaks the same language as the other.

min min is Chinese, then Steve was mute, then sephiroth was Japanese, then pyra/myphra were English and then kazuya was Japanese.

I feel the last fighter will continue the trend and will have a voice that isn’t just Japanese like sephiroth and kazuya are in all versions of the game.

basically something like the last fighter will be mute or have an English voice or German voice or Spanish voice etc. I think the most logical of them all though would be to either be mute or English.

This isn't a pattern that was kept in mind, especially as Sephiroth not speaking English is due to Nintendo being cheapskates on VAs

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I wish it was Ammy so I can say "see, Dogs do talk in their own language too"

Theguy123

Smash Lord
This isn't a pattern that was kept in mind, especially as Sephiroth not speaking English is due to Nintendo being cheapskates on VAs
i always thought sephiroth only spoke Japanese to keep consistent with cloud only speaking Japanese. But yeah this probably doesn’t mean anything. It was just something that came to my mind.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
do we know if his info about koei tecmo was from his real source before the pandemic or was that bit of info from his unreliable source during the covid pandemic. I can’t remember
I honestly don't know. I just know he's gotten bad information quite often. It helps he himself never lies, but that doesn't mean his information is good, ya know?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
i always thought sephiroth only spoke Japanese to keep consistent with cloud only speaking Japanese. But yeah this probably doesn’t mean anything. It was just something that came to my mind.
It's likely a factor too but that begs the question why Cloud didn't get dubbed whereas Roy did when both were Smash 4 DLC and considering how Nintendo is known for beinf anti union on Smash, it's clearly on Nintendo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom