• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
Right, okay, maybe the Kyo comparison was a little off. (I will note, however, that I specifically said "another MegaTen character" and did not mention SMT specifically.)

However, I stand by my main point: I don't think they would have another character from an RPG that takes place in relatively contemporary Japan and involves you commanding mythological figures including that one particular interpretation of Jack Frost. "Series content" doesn't factor into it. I know they've doubled up on character types before, but I do not believe they would double up to this particular extent for a third-party series.
One is a kid who gets powers from acid trips in a relatively normal Tokyo and the other is a god who fights actual demons in a Tokyo that is barely recognizable and unlivable.

It’s not as similar as you think.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Why does that matter?

3 Houses came out in 2019. Regardless if 3 Houses was in development for a long time, I don't see how ARMs or XB2's release date has anything to do with that, if they want a character post-2017 in this pass, nothing stopping them.
Because if you looked at what I said, the game was in development PRIOR to 2017. Sakurai and the development team had time to sample it before the end of 2018. Hell, FE3H WAS intended to be a 2018 release initially, but was delayed to the following year. They had the art assets and all the finalized details they needed for it. With development for SMT5, they wouldn't have had all the details finalized yet by the end of 2018. 2019 maybe, but by then, it was too late.

Shroob

Sup?
Because if you looked at what I said, the game was in development PRIOR to 2017. Sakurai and the development team had time to sample it before the end of 2018. Hell, FE3H WAS intended to be a 2018 release initially, but was delayed to the following year. They had the art assets and all the finalized details they needed for it. With development for SMT5, they wouldn't have had all the details finalized yet by the end of 2018. 2019 maybe, but by then, it was too late.
Debatable imo.

How do we know development of SMTV only started in 2017 and not before? Because we got 2 trailers of SMTV in 2017, and Nahobino's non-demon design was already finalized all the way back in 2017, as were a good majority of what demons would be showing up in the game, which is evident by checking the designs we saw back then compared to the myriad of promo material that we have now.

The fact they already had the protagonist's design done back in 2017, and what looks like the main story beat as well, tells me a lot more of SMTV was done than we're aware of even back then.

MattX20

Smash Hero
Debatable imo.

How do we know development of SMTV only started in 2017 and not before? Because we got 2 trailers of SMTV in 2017, and Nahobino's non-demon design was already finalized all the way back in 2017, as were a good majority of what demons would be showing up in the game, which is evident by checking the designs we saw back then compared to the myriad of promo material that we have now.

The fact they already had the protagonist's design done back in 2017, and what looks like the main story beat as well, tells me a lot more of SMTV was done than we're aware of even back then.
I'm not talking just art design or direction, I'm talking gameplay, mechanics and any other details not already shown off. Game development takes time, especially for a big JRPG title, so there's also the chance that certain gameplay mechanics were changed or gutted during that time frame. There was a lot of radio silence on the game's progress in 2018 and 2019. We didn't even get a proper trailer until 2020, and it's only now releasing in November of this year.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not talking just art design or direction, I'm talking gameplay, mechanics and any other details not already shown off. Game development takes time, especially for a big JRPG title, so there's also the chance that certain gameplay mechanics were changed or gutted during that time frame. There was a lot of radio silence on the game's progress in 2018 and 2019. We didn't even get a proper trailer until 2020, and it's only now releasing in November of this year.
Yeah, but it's also a SMT game, and gonna be real with ya chief, mainline SMT games are all incredibly similar. Like, the only thing that makes this game seem "new" is that characters can now do a "Super attack", which is very akin to a Final Smash, actually.

Like, no offense, I love the series, but in regards to gameplay, you play 1 SMT game, you've played them all, they're very much like Pokemon in that regard, and so far, the only difference we've really seen of this game as opposed to say, 4, is again, the super moves, otherwise? More or less the same.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
Even your links say that they refrained from starting on Three Houses once they came up with the idea to remake Gaiden.

Technically Three Houses is completely a Switch game started officially in 2017 that was originally planned to be a 3DS game and they ran into very similar problems to what Atlus did with SMT V at about the exact same time.

There is literally no problem with SMT V being considered for either pass.

And if you consider just coming up with concepts for Three Houses during the 3DS age as part of official development then you might want to look at the dlc for SMT IV Apocalypse(2016), because Demi-Fiend specifically mentions a prime minister and prime ministers haven’t been a part of the story for SMT until just now with SMT V.

If I am right that SMT V is a sequel to Nocturne then SMT V’s story concepts might be almost as old as Metroid Dread’s.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
I don't entirely agree with what Shroob said, but I get his point, and yeah, a SMT character and his moveset, assuming Sakurai tries to faithfully capture the SMT feeling, would surely be based on
1. demon summoning
2. and maaaybe the Press Turn system

I say maybe because Press Turn system, an integral part of the gameplay in the series since Nocturne, would be harder to translate to a fighting game. But demon summoning? That's a lock because that's basically one of the main features in the franchise and all the main characters have the capacity to, well, summon demons to fight alongside them.

In other words, if Nahobino was CP11, they wouldn't need for SMTV to be very advanced in the gameplay/mechanics department like, at all.

SMTV has a new thing called Magatsuhi Skills, which are basically super moves that you can use when you fill out a bar, but that's pretty much it when it comes to new battle mechanics, at least so far.

Edit: to be clear. I don't think Nahobino is a lock or anything like that. Just that in my opinion he could make it, I feel the timing offers enough margin for that to happen. It's still unlikely, but not impossible.

Last edited:

ahemtoday

Smash Ace
I mean, maybe it's not gonna happen, but SMT is totally fair game for Smash, both for CP11 or future games.

Sharing a few similarities in setting isn't reason enough to exclude two different characters from different series, I'd say. Because that description sounds like something someone would have said against potential fighting game reps once we got Ryu. Or you could have said similar things about Byleth prior to their inclusion, explaining that Joker already covers the "RPG with a school setting". So I don't think this line of thinking is really effective or supposes a negative point against SMT.

Each character is added by different reasons, and with different circumstances. Persona games taking place in a modern japanese setting and having the SMT demons involved as personas isn't reason enough to exclude a SMT representative at all. If Joker had a moveset that revolved around summoning different personas, then I could buy your point to some extent because the "demon summoning" gimmick that a SMT character would have would be partially covered (partially, because in Persona they're basically stands rather than independent party allies) by Joker, something that would feel more of an obstacle for SMT.

That wasn't the case, so I don't see anything gameplay-wise that could be a problem for Demi-fiend, Nahobino, or whoever they picked to rep SMT.
Right, but there's a much bigger similarity than, say, Street Fighter is to Fatal Fury. Namely, the overlap not just in genre and aesthetics but in actual content.

Since SMT5 isn't out yet, I'll have to use Nocturne for this example, but it'll still work nicely. There are exactly one hundred and nine characters that appear as demons in Nocturne and appear as Personas in Persona 5 with the exact same design, and I'm going to prove it right now:
  1. Abaddon
  2. Angel
  3. Apsaras
  4. Ara Mitama
  5. Archangel
  6. Atropos
  7. Baphomet
  8. Barong
  9. Beelzebub
  10. Berith
  11. Bicorn
  12. Bishamon
  13. Black Ooze
  14. Cerberus
  15. Choronzon
  16. Clotho
  17. Cu Chulainn
  18. Dakini
  19. Decarabia
  20. Dionysus
  21. Dominion
  22. Eligor
  23. Flauros
  24. Forneus
  25. Fuu-Ki
  26. Gabriel
  27. Ganesha
  28. Garuda
  29. Girimehkala
  30. Hanuman
  31. High Pixie
  32. Horus
  33. Hua Po
  34. Incubus
  35. Inugami
  36. Jack Frost
  37. Jikoku
  38. Kaiwan
  39. Kali
  40. Kelpie
  41. Kikuri-Hime
  42. Kin-Ki
  43. Kodama
  44. Koppa Tengu
  45. Koumoku
  46. Kurama
  47. Kushinada
  48. Kusi Mitama
  49. Lachesis
  50. Lakshmi
  51. Legion
  52. Lilim
  53. Lilith
  54. Mada
  55. Makami
  56. Michael
  57. Minakata
  58. Mithra
  59. Mot
  60. Mothman
  61. Naga
  62. Nekomata
  63. Nigi Mitama
  64. Nue
  65. Oberon
  66. Odin
  67. Okuninushi
  68. Ongyo-Ki
  69. Oni
  70. Orthrus
  71. Ose
  72. Parvati
  73. Pazuzu
  74. Pisaca
  75. Pixie
  76. Power
  77. Principality
  78. Pyro Jack
  79. Queen Mab
  80. Quetzalcoatl
  81. Raja Naga
  82. Rakshasa
  83. Rangda
  84. Raphael
  85. Saki Mitama
  86. Sarasvati
  87. Scathach
  88. Setanta
  89. Shiisaa
  90. Shiki-Ouji
  91. Shiva
  92. Skadi
  93. Slime
  94. Succubus
  95. Sudama
  96. Sui-Ki
  97. Surt
  98. Thor
  99. Throne
  100. Titania
  101. Unicorn
  102. Uriel
  103. Uzume
  104. Valkyrie
  105. Vishnu
  106. Yaksini
  107. Yatagarasu
  108. Yurlungur
  109. Zouchoku

And look, none of these are on Joker's spirit board, so you could totally make a spirit board out of these and it wouldn't overlap. I get that. But the spirit board is not my point here.

What my point is is that these series cannot be called entirely separate when it's got all of this shared between the two. If it was a series that was similar in genre made by the same people, I could see it. That's already happened with Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest. But when the two are enmeshed this deeply, I find it hard to believe Nintendo would go for one and then also go for the other.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
Although I doubt heavily Naho will be the final character, it's been said before, but the "Summoning" aspect would be incredibly cool, and something new to Smash that would be new to it, but old hat to other, more traditional fighting games.

Characters like Rosalina and Incineroar, despite not being traditional fighting game characters, brought mechanics over from those kinda games that didn't really exist in Smash at that point.

Rosalina is a "Puppet-fighter", like Carl in Blazblue, where she has a 2nd hitbox that follows her movements that she needs to manage to play optimally.

Incineroar is a straight up grappler like Zangief, which Smash had never had before up to that point.

Nahobino having a "summoning" gimmick would be more or less unique to him, and only vaguely covered in Smash through the likes of Olimar and Bowser Jr, but neither really do a good job at being a "Summoner"-type fighter, with Olimar's Pikmin basically being nothing more than extended hitboxes, and Bowser Jr. only having a single move. No, Pokemon Trainer does not fit under this umbrella.
Before Piranha Plant I had a summoner-type idea for Kamek where almost all of his moves would just conjure up enemies from Mario and Yoshi's Island (particularly the latter) and basically it would give him an extremely versatile moveset. Summon a Nep-Enut/Blarggh for forward smash that deals incredibly high damage as it crashes onto the stage with a hard bite. Summon a Fly Guy for up smash that flies upward and damages opponents with its propeller, carrying them like Mega Man's up air or King K. Rool's Propellerpack. Summon an Ukiki for down air that drops a Needlenose or, rarely, a missile that meteor smashes. And so on and so forth.

Granted after Piranha Plant a moveset like this would be weird so if Kamek were to get in I doubt it would be anything like this. But he's known for using his goons to his advantage and making them do all the dirty work, so this would represent him very well I feel.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Here is another. In thisone, the pokemon act more:

I understand your point, still- that's an even worse example, with 5/7ths of the fight not even being visible behind the foreground.

I do think this discussion brings up a good talking point:

In that as much as people may groan and moan about Byleth, Byleth's inclusion is important.

Smash is going on 4 years old at this point, but even when it launched, we had a whopping 0 Switch-Era characters, MAYBE 1 if you stretch Link's re-design, and like, 3 stages from Switch-era games.

Byleth's inclusion helps make Smash not feel soo "Dated", being from the newest released game at this point, and Pythra and Min-Min help add to this.

Which makes Naho discussion soo interesting since, while SMTV isn't out yet, if nothing else, he would definitely help not date Ultimate super hard, being a 2021 release and all.
I know Sakurai has said this in the past, but the entire argument doesn't make sense to me. A game feels like a certain era based on a lot of things- graphics, processing, above all-memories... but characters play almost no importance (to me).

Not the same at all.

SMT and Persona as stated multiple times aren't from the same series. And no, Joker doesn't count as SMT representation even if you consider Persona a SMT spin-off (which isn't true and in any case, it's a spin-off from the larger Megami Tensei family).

Joker literally brought 0 SMT content unless him having a few spells originated from SMT in his moveset (Tetrakarn and Makarakarn) is enough to say SMT is represented in Smash, which obviously isn't the case.

Also, the Terry/Kyo example doesn't really work here. Terry is a Fatal Fury and KoF character. Kyo is only a KoF character. Terry is technically a Fatal Fury rep in Smash. But as we all know there's plenty of SNK content beyond Fatal Fury, including a Kyo cameo and tons of KoF music.

KoF has content in Smash, while SMT doesn't. If Joker had brought with him SMT spirits and music, I'd agree that a SMT character is an unlikely option.
But we're not in that scenario.

In any case, considering Joker as a SMT representative doesn't make sense. That would be like saying Mario reps Donkey Kong well enough and that we don't need Donkey Kong.
Well... even if all of this information is technically true, Sakurai has gone on record to say that the distinction between the series is 'muddy.' Which raises the questions of if he considers them different series enough. There is certainly a good chunk of the public- especially the large audience who doesn't play those series, who would see it as a second rep from the same series.

Netflix Pokemon in development.

OH MY GOD!
For the love of God, I need my agent to get me an audition.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord
In some cases people have used him to fill the “Mcswordy RPG character” archetype, but that doesn’t work because 3rd party RPG characters haven’t even begun to come to Smash yet and the only regular RPG additions are coming from a SRPG and an extremely casual turn based RPG with cartoony monsters from Nintendo(at least until new Xenoblade characters start appearing regularly in Smash and they basically fulfill the trope).

Nahobino has tons of evidence going for him and SMT has the legacy and the history with Nintendo, so anyone who is ******** about Nahobino being a sword using RPG guy is just going back on their hype on Joker when he doesn’t even have that.
There's no "tons of evidence" for any character.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
SMT V does make sense, though.

Sakurai could easily get an early copy of the game, develop a moveset, acquire the rights to music, and PNG renders. Thing is, for the sake of having the audience avoid spoilers of the game through Smash, I personally think it'd make a tiny bit more sense if, assuming Nahobino is CP11, was revealed a bit after SMT V is released in October.

Said scenario could also hypothetically explain why Sakurai stated that it'd be a "while" before the final reveal.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Here's an interesting thought: If every generation was in the same position as Generation 4 in terms of getting a character (newest generation, but old enough to have more/all of its Pokémon finalized), what would they get?

Obviously Generation 1 and 4 would get what they have now, but Generation 2 was only able to get a clone, so that answer wouldn't necessarily be Pichu. Generations 3, 5, and 8 would actually get a character, and Generations 6 and 7 might not have gotten a starter (though they had big plans for Greninja so they may have gone for it anyway).
Gen 2- Togepi. I think this was the more notable Baby Pokemon, and also the more memorable.
Gen 3- Honestly, I think Sceptile is in fact the best option
Gen 5- I'll just go Zoroark, because it would be great to have the gimmick of an Illusion at the start of battle

However- I think the more needed additions are Meowth and Eevee.
I also think the stupidest next option would be a second trainer.

Sakurai could easily get an early copy of the game, develop a moveset, acquire the rights to music, and PNG renders. Thing is, for the sake of having the audience avoid spoilers of the game through Smash, I personally think it'd make a tiny bit more sense if, assuming Nahobino is CP11, was revealed a bit after SMT V is released in October.

Said scenario could also hypothetically explain why Sakurai stated that it'd be a "while" before the final reveal.
Honestly- if Nahobino is the last character, then I will absolutely find the 'diversifying the DLC to appeal to many audiences' to be absolute bull****.
balloon fighter
Actually, I think this has been a very fitting option, as a send off to Iwata- Sakurai's mentor, and the reason we have this game get as big as it is.
It would be one choice that only ignorance could be angry with.

Last edited:

Wonder Smash

Smash Lord

I think Sakurai already revealed that the next character will be revealed at TGS, which is before SMTV is released. Saying it would be a while before the next reveal could have been him simply saying that they wouldn't reveal him/her during the current Direct at the time.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Nintendo gains nothing from any of those characters.
What did they get from Joker?
...3rd party RPG characters haven’t even begun to come to Smash yet
Um... we have 15 non-echo third party characters.
Of those, we have a solid 3 which are RPG characters. That is solid.
It's also worth noting that 10/19 DLC characters we have ever gotten are all from RPGs.
I haven't seen SMTV as a worst-case scenario pick.

I think it'd be neat, especially since SMT has been with Nintendo since the Famicon in the 80's, and mainline SMT has been an almost exclusive Nintendo IP, with only Nocturne and like, Nine being not on Nintendo consoles, and even then, Nocturne was released.
It's not my 'worst case scenario,' but it is pretty low on the list.
The bottom two for me are Frisk and M5rth.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I know Sakurai has said this in the past, but the entire argument doesn't make sense to me. A game feels like a certain era based on a lot of things- graphics, processing, above all-memories... but characters play almost no importance (to me).
That's a to-you thing for sure.

Graphics and processing really don't matter in the long run of Smash, and memories, well, give it time tbh, I already have fond memories of this game, and I'm sure I'll have more to come.

But the characters are one of the main reasons why we love this series. We wouldn't lose our goddamn minds when a Nintendo Direct's announced, or spend hours of our lives on a site like this if they didn't.

I think Sakurai already revealed that the next character will be revealed at TGS, which is before SMTV is released. Saying it would be while before the next reveal could have been him simply saying that they wouldn't reveal him/her during the current Direct at the time.
We've never once had a character revealed at TGS, we'd sooner get one in a September Direct.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
If a character comes from, and is has no notability outside an era, then it can date the game a bit, but with how characters tend to instantly gain the audience's affection and the fact that the roster is filled to the brim with timeless characters, I do agree that it would be hard for Super Smash Bros. to look dated beyond graphical improvements. Even then we're getting to a point where it's going to be pretty hard to make the previous game look like crap in comparison. Ultimate managed to do that with for Wii U, but we're a far cry from console jumps meaning the difference between these:
1627351301026.png
1627351317966.png
1627351337352.png

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly- if Nahobino is the last character, then I will absolutely find the 'diversifying the DLC to appeal to many audiences' to be absolute bull****.
I mean, it has been.

We've gotten Nintendo characters
We've gotten 3rd party
We've gotten traditional fighting game characters
Boomer mascot platformers
And whatever you consider Minecraft to be

There's a lot of overlap, but that's definitely appealing to many audiences, with imo, the only one sorely lacking is a FPS rep.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If a character comes from, and is has no notability outside an era, then it can date the game a bit, but with how characters tend to instantly gain the audience's affection and the fact that the roster is filled to the brim with timeless characters, I do agree that it would be hard for Super Smash Bros. to look dated beyond graphical improvements. Even then we're getting to a point where it's going to be pretty hard to make the previous game look like crap in comparison. Ultimate managed to do that with for Wii U, but we're a far cry from console jumps meaning the difference between these:
View attachment 324311View attachment 324312View attachment 324313
That's a to-you thing for sure.

Graphics and processing really don't matter in the long run of Smash, and memories, well, give it time tbh, I already have fond memories of this game, and I'm sure I'll have more to come.

But the characters are one of the main reasons why we love this series. We wouldn't lose our goddamn minds when a Nintendo Direct's announced, or spend hours of our lives on a site like this if they didn't.
Oh- I'm not saying characters don't matter in the game. I'm saying recency of characters doesn't matter to me for a game feeling new. This game will always remind me of the years through which it got content.
I'm also very partial to getting a 90s character in this game, since of the 18 we have currently gotten, only one of them was a 90s character.
I mean, it has been.

We've gotten Nintendo characters
We've gotten 3rd party
We've gotten traditional fighting game characters
Boomer mascot platformers
And whatever you consider Minecraft to be

There's a lot of overlap, but that's definitely appealing to many audiences, with imo, the only one sorely lacking is a FPS rep.
We've also gotten 10/19 DLC characters (counting Smash 4) as RPG.
So, ya know, really hitting that diversity mark.
We've only gotten 2 cartoonish characters, with none this pass, even though that was the dominant form for characters for two decades.
We've also only gotten one mascot platformer, and I would hardly call being 30 being a boomer. We havn't gotten a single DLC from the 80s, and only one from the 90s.
So ya know, ironically, we havn't gotten many characters for people who are old enough to make money and actually buy the passes.

EDIT: Also Terry, I forgot his era of birth.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I mean sure it would be sick af if the final characters's from an unrepped genre like the FPS genre (minus Duck Hunt, thank you pupNapoleon pupNapoleon )
or, ig, the Survival Horror genre

But we don't know.

But there is diversity. Not all JRPGs are the same. (I know, shocker)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Oh- I'm not saying characters don't matter in the game. I'm saying recency of characters doesn't matter to me for a game feeling new. This game will always remind me of the years through which it got content.
I'm also very partial to getting a 90s character in this game, since of the 18 we have currently gotten, only one of them was a 90s character.

We've also only gotten one mascot platformer, and I would hardly call being 30 being a boomer. We havn't gotten a single DLC from the 80s, and only one from the 90s.
But if you don't count Smash 4, because Ultimate's not Smash 4, that number becomes 5/11, which sure, it's a lot, it's almost half, but that's still 6 characters that aren't RPG.

RPGs are just a big genre, there's a lot of 'em as opposed to platformers, so it makes sense as to why there's soo many, because they all cover a different series.

Also, you're mistaken. Sephiroth, Banjo, and Kazuya's games all debuted in the 90's, so that's 3.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
But if you don't count Smash 4, because Ultimate's not Smash 4, that number becomes 5/11, which sure, it's a lot, it's almost half, but that's still 6 characters that aren't RPG.

RPGs are just a big genre, there's a lot of 'em as opposed to platformers, so it makes sense as to why there's soo many, because they all cover a different series.
I mean, they are a big genre, but so are many other genres. I don't see how this is relevant. For a full decade, the biggest genre was all FPS. Then for another, Sandbox and Battle Royale's dominated.

Also, since Pythra are two characters, it is 6/12 in my book.

Also, you're mistaken. Sephiroth, Banjo, and Kazuya's games all debuted in the 90's, so that's 3.
You're right!

Shroob

Sup?

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
That links to what looks like an unsourced blog, which has literally nothing credible to back it up.

In fact, if you go to the blog and click translate, it literally says "I wonder if...", it's speculation, nothing more.
Wait... you said we never got a character revealed at TGA?
...this couldn't have been sincere, right?

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, they are a big genre, but so are many other genres. I don't see how this is relevant. For a full decade, the biggest genre was all FPS. Then for another, Sandbox and Battle Royale's dominated.

Also, since Pythra are two characters, it is 6/12 in my book.

You're right!
I don't disagree at all in FPS, but most FPS aren't games that are character driven, unlike RPGs are. The two that are mainly would be stuff like Halo and DOOM, and even then, DOOM's only like that in modern times.

There's Call of Duty too, but like, yeah I don't think Call of Duty has any chance of getting in.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
We've only gotten 2 cartoonish characters, with none this pass, even though that was the dominant form for characters for two decades.
So ya know, ironically, we havn't gotten many characters for people who are old enough to make money and actually buy the passes.

EDIT: Also Terry, I forgot his era of birth.
This point has literally nothing to do with the others. So what, are people only allowed to like characters depending on if they were born in the same year they debuted?
I guess only four-year-olds are allowed to like Pyra, Mythra, and Min Min and only two-year-olds are allowed to like Byleth. Makes total sense to me.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
ROLE CALL of Ultimate DLC

3 Fighting- Terry, Min Min, Kazuya
1 Sandbox- Minecraft
6 RPG- Joker, Hero, Byleth, Sephiroth, Pyra, Mythra
Platforming- Banjo and Kazooie (it's too difficult for me to count Plant here, since Mario spans every genre, and Plant-adjacent was only ever playable in Kart and Sports Titles)
1 Other- PP

That is not diverse

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, while I have my doubts on whether SMT and especially SMTV has a chance of making it into Smash with a fighter, I'm just glad people are talking about it now.

I remember the days when I'd bring it up and it'd just be crickets.
Once Neo The World Ends With You and probably Metroid Dread get spirits and we still don’t have a final character, you will see A LOT more talk about it.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Duck Hunt is a light gun shooter, not a first-person shooter.
Light-Gun Shooter isn't a genre. Have you played Duck Hunt? You shoot from the First Person POV. It is an FPS.
Tokyo Game Show, not The Game Awards.

Tokyo Game Show is that event in September.
Ah, thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom