• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
While it could happen, would any of y'all find it "funny" that if any third party with currently 3 playable characters gets a 4th?

Third party companies with currently 3 characters are SEGA, Konami, Capcom, and Square Enix.
Would y'all think it'd make them stick out too much or no? Just curious.
I WANT Neku (Square Enix) since he was one of my ballot votes

if we got a fourth of any of those though it’d probably be Phoenix (Capcom) or Arle (Sega). Maybe Raiden (Konami) if they can work around the music copyright issues

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
While it could happen, would any of y'all find it "funny" that if any third party with currently 3 playable characters gets a 4th?

Third party companies with currently 3 characters are SEGA, Konami, Capcom, and Square Enix.
Being fair, only Sega and Square has three unique reps, so Capcom or Konami getting an extra one wouldn't be too sus.

And SEGA has an absolute treasure trove of franchises. Heck, they're the only one to have three characters from three separate franchises that are three separate genres (platformer, hack and slash and JRPG). A fourth SEGA rep would blend well with the crowd, even if it's a second Sonic rep.

So basically, what I'm saying is that only a fourth Square Enix rep would stick out too much to me since 90% of their stuff is RPGs. But it's also not a bad thing. :p

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
What strong evidence? This is the first time I heard anything about Sega concerning pass 2.
Basically no third party company has been allowed a cgi model in any of the cgi trailers. The only exception has been sephiroth where we got

Sonic, bayonetta, richter, cloud, banjo

Which shows Nintendo held talks for FP2 with

Sega
Konami
Square
And Microsoft

Microsoft got a rep
Square Enix got a rep and mii costumes
Konami got a deluxe mii costume and a normal mii costume

Meanwhile sega still have nothing in this pass and are the only third party company besides snk from the first pass to not receive extra content whatsoever.

The simple explanation would be a sega rep is happening. Not atlus to be specific. If atlus was the last spot then Nintendo would’ve gone to atlus and got jokers model and not sega since they’re 2 different companies.

Another explanation could be sega are getting mii costumes and that’s it. Similar to konami where they opt for a few mii costumes and nothing else.

And the last explanation which is highly unlikely since getting cgi models for third party companies would require extra negotiations would be that sega get nothing.

I can’t possibly see sega allowing sonic’s model to be in a cgi trailer shown as beaten up and opt for nothing in return

This worked for base roster as well since Megaman was the only third party CGI model from a third party company in a smash trailer which implied capcom was getting a rep or content and we ended up getting a capcom rep in the final direct.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Basically no third party company has been allowed a cgi model in any of the cgi trailers. The only exception has been sephiroth where we got

Sega
Konami
Square
And Microsoft

Microsoft got a rep

Meanwhile sega still have nothing in this pass and are the only third party company besides snk from the first pass to not receive extra content whatsoever.

The simple explanation would be a sega rep is happening. Not atlus to be specific. If atlus was the last spot then Nintendo would’ve gone to atlus and got jokers model and not sega since they’re 2 different companies.

Another explanation could be sega are getting mii costumes and that’s it. Similar to konami where they opt for a few mii costumes and nothing else.

And the last explanation which is highly unlikely since getting cgi models for third party companies would require extra negotiations would be that sega get nothing.

I can’t possibly see sega allowing sonic’s model to be in a cgi trailer shown as beaten up and opt for nothing in return

This worked for base roster as well since Megaman was the only third party CGI model from a third party company in a smash trailer which implied capcom was getting a rep or content and we ended up getting a capcom rep in the final direct.
Could also mean a SEGA mii costume of some kind could show up with CP11. Or a spirit event regarding a SEGA series.

Whoops you already said that lol

Last edited:

Theguy123

Smash Lord
Could also mean a SEGA mii costume of some kind could show up with CP11. Or a spirit event regarding a SEGA series.
Yep even those yeah. I would think it’s unlikely that a spirit event would be the only thing to come out of the cgi sega models but it’s totally possible.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
It doesn't matter, you'll just go "hey maybe they'll get in next game" as if I want to wait until I'm 35 and suck even more at the game.
I feel you. I’m 37 and I’m absolute trash at this game. I thought I was at least half decent in Melee but that was probably just among my small playgroup of friends.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
meanwhile Nintendo has no songs in the Olympics opening, revealing that they actually don’t have any notable IP after all
Smash is a scam, pack it up, we’re done
Yeah it's weird too since they literally made a theme for the Tokyo Olympics in one of their games.

Maybe it'll be used for the closing ceremony.

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
It doesn't matter, you'll just go "hey maybe they'll get in next game" as if I want to wait until I'm 35 and suck even more at the game.
And you think I want to wait a decade for a chance to get some Soulcalibur content? No, I don't but I'll bear through it because it's all I can do.

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
None of those would be weird if they got another character.

Which dead franchise do you want in Smash?
I guess Chrono Trigger?

2 years ago, I'd have said most of my top 5, but then they all suddenly got new games/rereleases.

Last edited:

FreeFox

Smash Lord

Sega
Konami
Square
And Microsoft

Microsoft got a rep

I dont know. Capcom has gotten a lot of mii costumes despite the lack of appearances.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Btw I started No More Heroes 2 this weekto clear my backlog and in anticipation of NMIII next month and maaaaaan Travis would have been so ****ing sick lmao. I can see him being a swordy with a chunk of his moves being punches and kicks that deal a lot of shield damage and a recharge gimmick to basically make him kinda like Captain Falcon in that he has a great advantage state with many powerful moves in his arsenal but he sucks **** in disadvantage. Like, his sword moves would have more hitstun than most moves but if Travis doesn't take the time to recharge the battery, all his sword moves become unsafe on hit while being absolutely pathetic

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Haven't played any No More Heroes games, but just for his quirky and flamboyant personality, I wouldn't have minded Travis.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
At this rate literally all I want from the final presentation is:
  • a “final battle” themed trailer against both Galeem and Dharkon, to represent the “true ending” of Ultimate in a sense
  • That CP11 is fun and comes with great music
  • Them being an MW is a plus, though if they were one of my MWs, I think either Octoling/Off the Hook (first party) or LoL (third party due to Tencent’s involvements with Nintendo as of late) have the best shot
  • AN INDIE SWORDFIGHTER MII WITH A SONG. We got two gunners and one brawler with a song each, let’s complete the trifecta (if not HK then Zagreus would be nice)
  • A Tracer and/or Monokuma Mii. The former is something I’m surprised hasn’t happened already (that or an OW Spirit Event) and the latter is a pipe dream since DR is finally coming to switch and this is the best representation I can see it realistically having
  • Some minor misc features being added to existing modes. No new modes as a whole obviously (if you know me you know which minor features I want)
  • Just sayin uhhh it would be nice if, if that bonus eshop spot even means anything, that it’s a bonus three stage pack with music for each stage. And that an X stage with X music is one of them
  • A really nice retrospective that hits you in the feels

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I just want more western games to get content in the game lol
Spirit events too, cuz excluding Lotus since she wasn't in her own event, Cuphead's the only western game to get a spirit event.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Feeling like the final character is strangely absent in Ultimate despite having been associated with Smash before.
Might be a trophy from melee, brawl, smash 4 that didn't come back as a spirit

Ex. Deathborn
Doshin the Giant

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I just want more western games to get content in the game lol
Spirit events too, cuz excluding Lotus since she wasn't in her own event, Cuphead's the only western game to get a spirit event.
Fr where’s my Undertale Spirit Event

also, i really want Darkest Dungeon to get SOME form of recognition

ps if you like difficult ass dungeon crawlers and/or the Lovecraftian aesthetic I cannot recommend that enough, LITERALLY PLAY IT WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR

Ivander

Smash Legend
So basically, what I'm saying is that only a fourth Square Enix rep would stick out too much to me since 90% of their stuff is RPGs. But it's also not a bad thing.
Then we get Lara Croft as our 4th rep.
Which dead franchise do you want in Smash?
Custom Robo. As in regards to playable characters before we talk about the Custom Robo spirits and the Mii Costume(which I do use quite a bunch).
True

So uh there's this fellow 😳

Ryu Hayabusa: I sleep
Joe Musashi: REAL S***
Would really love him, as I frickin' loved Shinobi 3. Can we use him with his Shinobi 3 design? Or at least his Shinobi 3 headgear?

I just think the Shinobi 3 headgear makes him standout more.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
And you think I want to wait a decade for a chance to get some Soulcalibur content? No, I don't but I'll bear through it because it's all I can do.
Yeah, everyone's gonna be waiting a while for the next game and another set of chances for their most wanted to get in after the final character here.
No one's all the more special because the character they want is Isaac from Golden Sun (This is who Nelson wants seeing as he doesn't want to answer properly) or Crash Bandicoot or Sora or Elma and so on.

I can wait however long it takes for Chief, or Kiryu, or Dante, or Nightmare, or Waluigi or whoever else I really want to get in, I've got other things going on in my life that a character getting into Smash is pretty low on the priority list.

I'll also add that if people are gonna openly admit to their insecurities over a video game character, then they should work on sorting them out instead of using them as an excuse to lash out on others.

Willbuysmash4mw

Smash Journeyman
That said do you honestly believe this last character will be another sword?
Yes, Nahobino. Obviously he isn’t just a sword user, but he definitely has one and uses it, as most SMT protagonists do.

Actually....

The moment that costume showed up I knew we'd get a Tekken rep eventually. And that far back makes sense because if you know anything about Tekken and it's older games Smash Kazuya (Tekken 7) is the PERFECT blend of Tekken 3 Heihachi and Tekken 2 Kazuya which translated superbly if I may say so. So no, to me it meant everything. Having a Tekken rep was my only real wish beyond a netolay tk3 on PS5 (not holding my breath) so at this point it can be any character and I'll still be happy. But I acknowledge that Heihachi himself didn't get in and I respect that decision. I don't agree that Heihachi's "deconfirmation" was all that was to be "revealed" that day has history turned out with smash Kazuya.
What I mean is that if we got an updated Heihachi mii costume that would basically mean no Tekken rep because that is new content for Tekken, but instead we got the old Heihachi mii costume because Heihachi wasn’t going to be a fighter.

I thought the Namco rep would be a Tales character instead because of the missing Lloyd mii costume, but instead they updated the Lloyd mii costume and deconfirmed Tales with that.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Yes, Nahobino. Obviously he isn’t just a sword user, but he definitely has one and uses it, as most SMT protagonists do.
Considering when SMTV comes out, it's highly doubtful we'll get him in Smash.

Demi-Fiend is probably the best shot for SMT right now, imo.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Yeah, everyone's gonna be waiting a while for the next game and another set of chances for their most wanted to get in after the final character here.
No one's all the more special because the character they want is Isaac from Golden Sun (This is who Nelson wants seeing as he doesn't want to answer properly) or Crash Bandicoot or Sora or Elma and so on.
No but it would benefit me to get him NOW instead of later since tournaments are the only chance I have to play with other people, and you know how your reflexes get past 30.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
The deadline for the final fighter is December 31st.

SMT V is coming out before the final character does.
But Sakurai likes to play the full game and research it to get the full information.

We can see that with both Corrin and Byleth having a 7-8 months gap between their game and their Smash debut.

And in Byleth's case, Sakurai explicitly said he also had access to early builds and Byleth still came out months after Three Houses. By that logic, the earliest Nahobino could release is May 2022, therefore breaking the deadline.

The only way it could make sense is for you to put on a tinfoil hat and say Atlus is deliberately holding back on SMTV because of Smash, and that's a level of mental gymnastics that I simply can't see happening considering they've made people wait for this game for over four and a half years.

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman

I don't personally care about silly numbers for companies. If it's a character I personally like, so be it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom