• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Since people are doing most wanted Nintendo characters, here’s mine:

Waluigi
Impa
Mipha (The other 3 Champions would be cool too)
Officer Howard
Ring Fit Trainee
Dixie Kong

There’s not a whole lot anymore. Most of my favorite Nintendo characters got in during Brawl with Ridley & K Rool being the last two big ones for me.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
I guess if I were to have some wanted first parties it'd be:

1.) Excitebiker (Sakurai said he wanted to do something with this character in Smash 4 but couldn't figure out a proper way to make him work so just made him an Assist. Similar to Tekken, I'd love to see if he could find a way to make it work this time around).
2.) Pauline
3.) Dixie to round out the Donkey Kong protags
4.) Krystal (Won't happen due to AT status) or Slippy as a fourth Star Fox rep. Wouldn't even be mad if Slippy was a total gag character. I live for gag fighters (Ala Dan Hibiki).
5.) F-Zero. Mrs. Arrow or Samurai lad. Really, anything from F-Zero.
6.) Something from the Mario RPG games, be it Paper or Mario & Luigi sagas.
7.) Hyrule Warriors Ganon (Yeah, probably not 'technically' first party due to Toei Tecmo but don't care. I want to see this version of Ganon in Smash so much).
8-10). Probably any reps that would make others super happy that lack a fighter (Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven, etc).

Last edited:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
First party fighters, eh? Myarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Mine:

Waluigi
Ashley and Red
Mona
Luna
Wart
Toad (maybe throw in Toadette as an alt/echo)
Striker/Sports Daisy
Plum as a Mario Golf character GO FOR IT!
Lanky Kong
Chunky Kong
Funky Kong
Blaziken
Inteleon
Meowth (how is he not already here?)
Elma
Lin Lee Koo
Melia
Aeron
Elena (make it work SOMEHOW, even if she has to be on a timer that turns her into a horrible creature haha)
Shy Guy
Kamek
Chargin Chuck
Skull Kid
Saria
Fierce Deity
Ricky the Kangaroo
Dead Hand
Demise
Great Tiger
King Hippo
Super Macho Man

I could go on

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Excitebiker (Sakurai said he wanted to do something with this character in Smash 4 but couldn't figure out a proper way to make him work so just made him an Assist. Similar to Tekken, I'd love to see if he could find a way to make it work this time around).
I want their Forward Aerial to have them flip off of the bike, then swing the bike around until it's back underneath them, resulting in a large Cloud tier Forward Aerial attack. Of course, this should also spike because why not?

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I guess if I were to have some wanted first parties it'd be:

1.) Excitebiker (Sakurai said he wanted to do something with this character in Smash 4 but couldn't figure out a proper way to make him work so just made him an Assist. Similar to Tekken, I'd love to see if he could find a way to make it work this time around).
2.) Pauline
3.) Dixie to round out the Donkey Kong protags
4.) Krystal (Won't happen due to AT status) or Slippy as a fourth Star Fox rep. Wouldn't even be mad if Slippy was a total gag character. I live for gag fighters (Ala Dan Hibiki).
5.) F-Zero. Mrs. Arrow or Samurai lad. Really, anything from F-Zero.
6.) Something from the Mario RPG games, be it Paper or Mario & Luigi sagas.
7.) Hyrule Warrios Ganon (Yeah, probably not 'technically' first party due to Toei Tecmo but don't care. I want to see this version of Ganon in Smash so much).
8-10). Probably any reps that would make others super happy that lack a fighter (Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Rhythm Heaven, etc).
Excitebiker is a based choice! Probably my top pick for an NES representative because the moveset on the bike sounds like it could be awesome. (Mach Rider also applies here I guess)

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I don’t have as many wants for First Parties:
Porky
Skull Kid
Sylux

Big fan of villains. Theres tons of First Parties I’d be fine with and enjoy, mind you, a few I’d really like to have. But in terms of big wants, it’d probably come down to these three. In that order.

Though I am probably forgetting someone.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
These are really the only 1st-parties I'd applaud.
Dixie Kong
Anyone from Kirby
Anyone from Animal Crossing
Wolf Link & Midna
A Rhythm Heaven character but only if their rhythm mechanic doesn't boil down to "Free Parrying Target Practice."

Anyone else would either be solid choices I never expected or boring choices that never caught my interest.

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
The issue with first party speculation for Me Personally is that, at this point, the first party inclusions I'd really want are almost always characters who Nintendo themselves would have no reason to pick. As in, usually from franchises that died off before the Switch was even a thing, never mind having had a game on it. When the first party among my wants that has the highest shot of getting picked by Nintendo is Waluigi, and the others aren't even close, that's saying...quite a bit.

Like, from franchises already on the roster, I'd only really be super into additional characters from Super Mario (namely Waluigi), Pokémon (depending on the choice), Fire Emblem, Punch-Out!!, and ARMS, but for characters from new franchises?

Give me Muddy Mole, Takamaru, Starfy, Henry Fleming, Saki, Kyle Hyde, Mach Rider, the Chorus Kids, Sukapon...there are so many great characters in Nintendo's backlog.
Pretty much my stance

At this point I certainly have more third parties among my most wanteds than first party characters, but still, most if not all of the first parties I'd be excited for are options that I strongly doubt Nintendo would choose for DLC, considering how they've been operating with first party picks for DLC so far.

Of course, CP11 could be someone like Isaac or Krystal for all what we know. But I don't think I'm crazy if I say that these characters are not that likely to happen, specially at this point and after all the DLC cycle.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
One thing I've come to realize about a specific first party is how much they'd suck if Sakurai used them.
Mach.png

A lot of fan ideas lean into the more Mad Max style and I see **** like attacking with chains but the original game doesn't have that nor does their OG design use this and Sakurai's loyalty stuff likely would keep that cool **** out

Sophitia

Smash Cadet
Is there even a big Aegis Smashcord? It looks like through the network the Aegis one only had like 200 members a week ago when I last check.

NotGenerico

Smash Apprentice
First party reps, huh? It's never happening, but I always thought it'd be pretty fun to have a character from this NES game:

Incineroar is a heel wrestler that is mostly based on the Japanese Puroresu style. I think a wrestler from this game like Star Man could work as a face wrestler with more acrobatic wrestling moves to serve as Incineroar's foil.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
If I'm being forthright with third parties, its Bandana Dee, Impa, & Dixie Kong to really take advantage of their potential and do justice to those particular franchises.

Anyone else would be a nice bonus.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Uuuuh that's a topic that's a bit touchy to tread on but the Smash wiki page for Smashcords has a little excerpt about why the numbers are so low.
For Shulk it was "To enter the Shulk discord you must solve my riddles three" and for the next XB character it's a refusal to back down on horny on main. What, are we gonna have to watch every single episode of Gundam with written reviews as proof to enter an Elma discord?

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
For Shulk it was "To enter the Shulk discord you must solve my riddles three" and for the next XB character it's a refusal to back down on horny on main. What, are we gonna have to watch every single episode of Gundam with written reviews as proof to enter an Elma discord?
Or show proof of someone being thrown off a cliff to enter the Kazuya Discord?

Ivander

Smash Legend

Lyncario

Smash Ace

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

Ok imagine a fighter with this kind of weapon LMAO
We call it the "Greatsword" according to Monster Hunter. And yes, you can actually "block" with the weapon.
Yeah it wouldn't be mechanically different from a greatsword. In fact Ike already uses the properties of the Shield Sword if taken at face value.

Not to say you can't get creative with it, but it's not an inherently wacky concept (well...not in video games anyway).

Shroob

Sup?
At this point, I'm just along for the ride, and boy, what a ride its been. With CP11 being confirmed the final drop, others may feel a pressure mounting, but I feel... oddly relaxed.

I'll probably get back into speculation closer to September, when/if murmurs of a Direct start cropping up, but as it stands now? I'm happy with how Ultimate's turned out in regards to the roster. Gameplay's another thing entirely, though I don't think it's bad by any stretch of the imagination, but character-wise? It's great.

Did I get my most wanteds? No, not really.

Did I get any of them via DLC? Like, 2.

But honestly, I never really cared who got in, and am just happy I got to experience this to begin with.

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
People were discussing first parties I see. Honestly as much as I would like characters like Paper Mario, Skull kid, Porky, new Pokémon etc. I honestly hope the next Smash add more new first party franchise. Smash 4 did a great job with that, adding Animal crossing, Wii fit, Punch-out, Xenoblade and Duck hunt, but Ultimate only added Splatoon in the base game and Arms as DLC. Of course with the low amount of newcomer I get why we got so little new universe, but my hope for a Smash 6 is bring back some of those more smaller or obscure franchise. Of course Rhythm heaven is my number one choice, but I would also like Style savvy, Takamaru, Mach rider, Startropics, Golden sun, Astral chain, Advance wars and Detective club. I know people will say that those are all too obscure or wathever, but I think all of those franchise are very unique and could make great moveset and stages.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
One thing I've come to realize about a specific first party is how much they'd suck if Sakurai used them.
View attachment 322219
A lot of fan ideas lean into the more Mad Max style and I see ** like attacking with chains but the original game doesn't have that nor does their OG design use this and Sakurai's loyalty stuff likely would keep that cool ** out
Honestly I don't think Mach Rider would be one of the more restrictive ones, namely because they're a retro character. Sakurai let the Ice Climbers use cryokinesis, had R.O.B. use lasers and jets because they fit the robot theme, and Duck Hunt pulled from Hogan's Alley and Wild Gunman due to being the other Japan-released (sorry, Gumshoe) Zapper games.

Retro characters in general take more liberties due to the limitations of their source material, and considering how emblematic something like a chain whip would be for a biker character (just look at like, Ghost Rider and whatnot), I don't think it'd be out of the question.

I mean hey, Sakurai straight up invented Alolan Whip for Incineroar while explicitly ignoring his flame geyser crotch, all because it fit the wrestler motif.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
People were discussing first parties I see. Honestly as much as I would like characters like Paper Mario, Skull kid, Porky, new Pokémon etc. I honestly hope the next Smash add more new first party franchise. Smash 4 did a great job with that, adding Animal crossing, Wii fit, Punch-out, Xenoblade and Duck hunt, but Ultimate only added Splatoon in the base game and Arms as DLC. Of course with the low amount of newcomer I get why we got so little new universe, but my hope for a Smash 6 is bring back some of those more smaller or obscure franchise. Of course Rhythm heaven is my number one choice, but I would also like Style savvy, Takamaru, Mach rider, Startropics, Golden sun, Astral chain, Advance wars and Detective club. I know people will say that those are all too obscure or wathever, but I think all of those franchise are very unique and could make great moveset and stages.
I’d say Paper Mario counts as a franchise on its own, and I think some existing series do genuinely appreciate new blood but yeah it needs to be a balance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom