• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Its really weird that Sonic hasn’t gotten another Rep. It feels like it should happened by now since hes the only Third Party to have been in the past three games.
I'm a little late on responding to this, but It's always been very odd to me how the framing for Sonic getting another rep always ends up being focused around his attendance in Smash rather than Sonic's massive size as a franchise that has a good set of very recognizable characters. I don't think the fact Sonic has been around since Brawl entitles the series to anything more than F-Zero being around since 64 entitles it to anything, and it's the only third party series besides Final Fantasy to have a second stage in Ultimate (Real damn shame Pac-Man isn't joining them). In general, I don't think Sonic is poorly represented even if I recognize that some people don't like the decisions made in the series representation. I think a super underrated part of Sonic's representation is that across the 20 songs we have for the series, almost every major Sonic title is represented in some way for example. Shadow and Knuckles are solid Assist Trophies as far as representation is concerned and it's the only third party series to have two ATs.

Like, you can always have more with a franchise or series in Smash for sure, but I don't think Sonic's in a particularly bad place even if I totally see why people want more. I just think it comes down to the fact that the most popular Sonic characters would all be kind of semi-clones of Sonic (Tails, Knuckles, and Shadow to varying degrees) but aren't close enough to really be Echoes except for Shadow and even then people were against that in different places (and it's possible Sega is against it too depending on how they're treating Shadow these days). That really just leaves Eggman, who is incredibly iconic and who has probably the best situation to be totally unique like we'd see with a second playable character DLC from the same franchise ala Sephiroth. But it's also been a whole 7 months since we even came to recognize unique characters from the same franchise have the door open to Smash, so it's not like Sonic has had a huge window to constantly miss such opportunities since I really only think that's going to be relevant in Ultimate to begin with.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord

2008 "Persona 4" released today !! This work, which forms the flow of the "Megami Tensei" series, is an invincible game with good graphics! Good sound! Good scenario! Good all! On the Smash Bros. stage "Mementos", the image color turns yellow when the song "P4" is played. #Smash Bros SP
His wording of Megami Tensei makes me think this will be the brunt of series rep :( not a sign of a Jack Frost Mii anywhere.

D

Deleted member

Pokemon seems to get left out of the completion conversation, probably because the franchise has a lot of characters already. But it lacks playable fighters in some regards, so if we're going for completion, it would need more imo:
Eevee: Has basically become the series' mascot after Pikachu.
Scizor: I think "worse Pikachu" is a poor choice as the only gen 2 rep, so why not a Pokemon who represents one of gen 2's new evolutions and new types? To be clear, we keep Pichu and just add Scizor alongside.
Blaziken or Gardevoir: Gen 3 lacks a playable fighter.
Zoroark: Gen 5 lacks a playable fighter.
Zacian and Zamazenta/Rillaboom/Cinderace/Intelleon/Toxtricity: Gen 8 lacks a playable fighter, as well as clear frontrunner for who that could be.
How can you not bring up Meowth in this context? My boy’s been shafted for decades.
His wording of Megami Tensei makes me think this will be the brunt of series rep :( not a sign of a Jack Frost Mii anywhere.
He literally tweeted a parody of Kazuya throwing Heihachi into a volcano before Kazuya was revealed. These tweets mean nothing.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Let's say the last one is a Sony character somehow. Who'd you want? Or who do you expect? I'd pick Ratchet and Clank myself. Or Kat from Gravity Rush since at least her design is cool. But I think Kratos would be the most head turning since people know him more.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
How can you not bring up Meowth in this context? My boy’s been shafted for decades.

He literally tweeted a parody of Kazuya throwing Heihachi into a volcano before Kazuya was revealed. These tweets mean nothing.
Nah I get that it's just that the more I think it won't happen, the more it will. Obviously that's how the metaphysics of this universe work.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Hmm, I wonder what Sakurai means by "This game forms the flow of the Megami Tensei series."

Perhaps that phrasing would mean something to me if I spoke Japanese...

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I didn't mean to take this long. Here's the Banjo one.

The Ruins was added because Sans, and Koholint was added because the Link's Awakening remake was releasing at around the same time as Banjo. The Perfect Dark stage was an odd one, it was kinda a last resort for a Rareware stage. My first thought was Battletoads, but there were no good images of places from those games so I scrapped that. Then Sea of Thieves, but it's pretty far removed from Banjo's Rare, plus it might be a touch redundant with Pirate Ship. Perfect Dark was my third choice.
Terry time!

I'm not much of a fighting game/metal slug fan, so I don't really know if these are popular locations. I kinda chose them on a whim.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Hmm, I wonder what Sakurai means by "This game forms the flow of the Megami Tensei series."

I asked a Japanese speaking friend, the translation should actually be that it "follows the Megami Tensei series." like it's a spin-off so it makes sense.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Are we still listing first parties we want? If so, have a big list:

Waluigi
Paper Mario
Toad/Captain Toad
Toadette
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
King Boo
Gooigi
Mona
Ashley
9-Volt
Captain Syrup
Kamek
Skull Kid
Midna
Ghirahim
Tingle
Impa
Tetra
Vaati
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Marx
Magolor
Dark Matter
Krystal
Eevee
Meowth
Grovyle
Todd Snap
Pokemon Ranger
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Ninten
Porky
Masked Man
Giegue
Lyn
Black Knight
Hades
Medusa
Viridi
Alph
Louie
King Hippo
Tom Nook
Rex
Octoling
DJ Octavio
Spring Man
Ribbon Girl
Dr. Coyle
Ayumi Tachibana
Mach Rider
Mike Jones
Andy
Takamaru
Chorus Kids
Karate Joe
Reporter & Wrestler
Sukapon
Prince Sable
Kyle Hyde
Ashley Robbins
Alexandra Roivas
John Raimi
Fossil Fighter
Sheriff
Savvy Stylist
Mr. Stevenson
Bubbles
Lip
Saki Amamiya
Ray Mk. III
Starfy
Muddy Mole
Jill & Drill Dozer
Ryota Hayami
Akari Hayami
Tamagon
Balloon Fighter
Musashi
Qbby
Mallo
Dillon
Tempo
Harry from Teleroboxer
Vince
ST Falcon
Henry Fleming
Chibi Robo
DeMille
Captain Rainbow
Raymond Brice
Doshin
Tethu
Goku from Yuyuki
Donbe & Hikari
Elite Beat Agents
The three kids from Marvelous: Another Treasure Island
Aeron
Zael
One of the wrestlers from Pro Wrestling (partial to Starman but they could all work as alts honestly)

There's probably more but that's already quite a lot to sift through. As you might imagine I'm of the stance that there's still quite a lot of potential and we're not even close to the bottom of the barrel.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero

Waluigi
Paper Mario
Toad/Captain Toad
Toadette
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
King Boo
Gooigi
Mona
Ashley
9-Volt
Captain Syrup
Kamek
Skull Kid
Midna
Ghirahim
Tingle
Impa
Tetra
Vaati
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Marx
Magolor
Dark Matter
Krystal
Eevee
Meowth
Grovyle
Todd Snap
Pokemon Ranger
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Ninten
Porky
Masked Man
Giegue
Lyn
Black Knight
Hades
Medusa
Viridi
Alph
Louie
King Hippo
Tom Nook
Rex
Octoling
DJ Octavio
Spring Man
Ribbon Girl
Dr. Coyle
Ayumi Tachibana
Mach Rider
Mike Jones
Andy
Takamaru
Chorus Kids
Karate Joe
Reporter & Wrestler
Sukapon
Prince Sable
Kyle Hyde
Ashley Robbins
Alexandra Roivas
John Raimi
Fossil Fighter
Sheriff
Savvy Stylist
Mr. Stevenson
Bubbles
Lip
Saki Amamiya
Ray Mk. III
Starfy
Muddy Mole
Jill & Drill Dozer
Ryota Hayami
Akari Hayami
Tamagon
Balloon Fighter
Musashi
Qbby
Mallo
Dillon
Tempo
Harry from Teleroboxer
Vince
ST Falcon
Henry Fleming
Chibi Robo
DeMille
Captain Rainbow
Raymond Brice
Doshin
Tethu
Goku from Yuyuki
Donbe & Hikari
Elite Beat Agents
Aeron
Zael
One of the wrestlers from Pro Wrestling (partial to Starman but they could all work as alts honestly)

There's probably more but that's already quite a lot to sift through. As you might imagine I'm of the stance that there's still quite a lot of potential and we're not even close to the bottom of the barrel.
1625899662324.png

bottom text

EmperorCoal

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-5396-2021-6143
Nowadays with the company getting two gens out of each console generation keeping a complete roster for Pokemon sounds like it would turn into one heck of a chore. By the time smash 6 rolls around we’ll probably be looking to gen 10 at least, which if gen 8 doesn’t happen next dlc means fighter reps will be behind by three whole regions. Pokeballs was a pretty on point way to circumvent this stuff but still kinda nutty. Really just shows how completely uphill the battle any prior gen not super iconic mons have i.e. our friend grovyle

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Waluigi
Paper Mario
Toad/Captain Toad
Toadette
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
King Boo
Gooigi
Mona
Ashley
9-Volt
Captain Syrup
Kamek
Skull Kid
Midna
Ghirahim
Tingle
Impa
Tetra
Vaati
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Marx
Magolor
Dark Matter
Krystal
Eevee
Meowth
Grovyle
Todd Snap
Pokemon Ranger
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Ninten
Porky
Masked Man
Giegue
Lyn
Black Knight
Hades
Medusa
Viridi
Alph
Louie
King Hippo
Tom Nook
Rex
Octoling
DJ Octavio
Spring Man
Ribbon Girl
Dr. Coyle
Ayumi Tachibana
Mach Rider
Mike Jones
Andy
Takamaru
Chorus Kids
Karate Joe
Reporter & Wrestler
Sukapon
Prince Sable
Kyle Hyde
Ashley Robbins
Alexandra Roivas
John Raimi
Fossil Fighter
Sheriff
Savvy Stylist
Mr. Stevenson
Bubbles
Lip
Saki Amamiya
Ray Mk. III
Starfy
Muddy Mole
Jill & Drill Dozer
Ryota Hayami
Akari Hayami
Tamagon
Balloon Fighter
Musashi
Qbby
Mallo
Dillon
Tempo
Harry from Teleroboxer
Vince
ST Falcon
Henry Fleming
Chibi Robo
DeMille
Captain Rainbow
Raymond Brice
Doshin
Tethu
Goku from Yuyuki
Donbe & Hikari
Elite Beat Agents
Aeron
Zael

“Guys, we’re at the bottom of the barrel for 1st Party picks”.

The Barrel:

1625901290256.jpeg

spicynun

Smash Journeyman

Waluigi
Paper Mario
Toad/Captain Toad
Toadette
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
King Boo
Gooigi
Mona
Ashley
9-Volt
Captain Syrup
Kamek
Skull Kid
Midna
Ghirahim
Tingle
Impa
Tetra
Vaati
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Marx
Magolor
Dark Matter
Krystal
Eevee
Meowth
Grovyle
Todd Snap
Pokemon Ranger
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Ninten
Porky
Masked Man
Giegue
Lyn
Black Knight
Hades
Medusa
Viridi
Alph
Louie
King Hippo
Tom Nook
Rex
Octoling
DJ Octavio
Spring Man
Ribbon Girl
Dr. Coyle
Ayumi Tachibana
Mach Rider
Mike Jones
Andy
Takamaru
Chorus Kids
Karate Joe
Reporter & Wrestler
Sukapon
Prince Sable
Kyle Hyde
Ashley Robbins
Alexandra Roivas
John Raimi
Fossil Fighter
Sheriff
Savvy Stylist
Mr. Stevenson
Bubbles
Lip
Saki Amamiya
Ray Mk. III
Starfy
Muddy Mole
Jill & Drill Dozer
Ryota Hayami
Akari Hayami
Tamagon
Balloon Fighter
Musashi
Qbby
Mallo
Dillon
Tempo
Harry from Teleroboxer
Vince
ST Falcon
Henry Fleming
Chibi Robo
DeMille
Captain Rainbow
Raymond Brice
Doshin
Tethu
Goku from Yuyuki
Donbe & Hikari
Elite Beat Agents
Aeron
Zael

I actually did not know Elite Beat Agents were first party. If thats the case, them/Ouendan just shot to my most wanted first party

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I recently uploaded a video that has disappeared from YouTube it was about some of the craziest brawl mods out there
This should never be erased from history thankfully I saved the video back in 2015

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Waluigi
Paper Mario
Toad/Captain Toad
Toadette
Dixie Kong
Cranky Kong
King Boo
Gooigi
Mona
Ashley
9-Volt
Captain Syrup
Kamek
Skull Kid
Midna
Ghirahim
Tingle
Impa
Tetra
Vaati
Bandana Dee
Adeleine
Marx
Magolor
Dark Matter
Krystal
Eevee
Meowth
Grovyle
Todd Snap
Pokemon Ranger
Samurai Goroh
Black Shadow
Ninten
Porky
Masked Man
Giegue
Lyn
Black Knight
Hades
Medusa
Viridi
Alph
Louie
King Hippo
Tom Nook
Rex
Octoling
DJ Octavio
Spring Man
Ribbon Girl
Dr. Coyle
Ayumi Tachibana
Mach Rider
Mike Jones
Andy
Takamaru
Chorus Kids
Karate Joe
Reporter & Wrestler
Sukapon
Prince Sable
Kyle Hyde
Ashley Robbins
Alexandra Roivas
John Raimi
Fossil Fighter
Sheriff
Savvy Stylist
Mr. Stevenson
Bubbles
Lip
Saki Amamiya
Ray Mk. III
Starfy
Muddy Mole
Jill & Drill Dozer
Ryota Hayami
Akari Hayami
Tamagon
Balloon Fighter
Musashi
Qbby
Mallo
Dillon
Tempo
Harry from Teleroboxer
Vince
ST Falcon
Henry Fleming
Chibi Robo
DeMille
Captain Rainbow
Raymond Brice
Doshin
Tethu
Goku from Yuyuki
Donbe & Hikari
Elite Beat Agents
Aeron
Zael

I mean. Goku from Yuyuki, Donbe and Hikari, Mr. Stevenson, Captain Rainbow and a lot more certainly are bottom of the barrel

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman

2008 "Persona 4" released today !! This work, which forms the flow of the "Megami Tensei" series, is an invincible game with good graphics! Good sound! Good scenario! Good all! On the Smash Bros. stage "Mementos", the image color turns yellow when the song "P4" is played. #Smash Bros SP
He namedropped megami tensei... hmm... I know it means nothing, but I can dream. It is weird he chose to namedrop it though, I'm assuming that means this is all the megami tensei content we'll get, or he's thinking about it because of the final smash character, Nakajima from the Digital Devil Story book series and Megami Tensei, who'll become our first non-game character. :4pacman:

Also, I'm assuming by "good graphics" he means stylistically, and is talking about the ui and stuff, because that stuff does look good, but from a graphical standpoint there are not only far better looking ps2 games, but better looking megaten ps2 games. P3 and 4 always felt a bit off to me graphically, and I've never been able to work out why.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
The final character direct happens. You see like an ordinary fight, and then the sky goes dark and a giant rift opens.

It begins to rain acid rain, trucks falling out of the rift. Mario picks up a small puppet of Harry Potter. Sonic gets hit on the head with a star-shaped guitar.

Then, from above, the fighter leaps down, summoning a being behind them with a JoJo pose. It has a lemon for a head, and a colossal smile as the man before it, petting a cat, has one of his eyes glint as he smirks.

[LEMON DEMON SOURS THE COMPETITION!!]
If he comes with every song from the Mouth albums, I'm game. The day I get to hear Bustin and Wallspin in Smash is the best day of my life

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
We're talking about first partys?

Mine are:
-Fiora
-Elma
-Officer Howard
-Octoling
-Krystal
-Dr. Coyle

Nothing too spectacular.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Let's say the last one is a Sony character somehow. Who'd you want? Or who do you expect? I'd pick Ratchet and Clank myself. Or Kat from Gravity Rush since at least her design is cool. But I think Kratos would be the most head turning since people know him more.
I'd want Tomba as our Sony rep! I even made a moveset for him.

Tomba Special moveset.png

Staarih

Smash Master
I see people list their most wanted/most deserving first party lists.
I see Dixie, Krystal, Elma, Ashley, Pauline, Midna, Impa, Lyn... guess Octoling, Ring Fit Trainee and Officer Howard fits in here too.
Thus, what I also see: more female representation.

Makes me realize how we're still missing solid female Nintendo characters, which we definitely need asap.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Scizor: I think "worse Pikachu" is a poor choice as the only gen 2 rep, so why not a Pokemon who represents one of gen 2's new evolutions and new types? To be clear, we keep Pichu and just add Scizor alongside.
If we’re Sakurai and I had more time for Melee, I’d just keep Scizor altogether. I’d also add Meowth in 64 instead of Jigglypuff (again, if I had more time), make Charizard solo altogether starting with Brawl and add Snivy in Sm4sh.

Just wanted to share my thoughts.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Idk why but Teddy just peeking from the bottom is funny

Wild guess but maybe he meant it was the first Persona game in the Megami Tensei series to be a critical acclaimed hit

Last edited:

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Pretty much the ones you said.

Who I'd prefer? Either Kratos or Ratchet.

Who I'd expect? Kratos, maybe Nathan Drake.

But the only right answer would be a Wipeout ship.

I'd want Tomba as our Sony rep! I even made a moveset for him.

View attachment 322263
As far as I know Tomba isn't owned by them. But cool moveset

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Pretty much the ones you said.

Who I'd prefer? Either Kratos or Ratchet.

Who I'd expect? Kratos, maybe Nathan Drake.

But the only right answer would be a Wipeout ship.

As far as I know Tomba isn't owned by them. But cool moveset
According to Wikipedia, Tomba was made by Sony.

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
Idk why but Teddy just peeking from the bottom is funny

Wild guess but maybe he meant it was the first Persona game in the Megami Tensei series to be a critical acclaimed hit
Not really, Megami Ibunroku Persona (psx) was the highest selling Persona game until P5, and every game got good reviews as far as I can tell. I think he's basically just saying that the Persona series is part of the overall Megami Tensei series, and nothing more.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Not really, Megami Ibunroku Persona (psx) was the highest selling Persona game until P5, and every game got good reviews as far as I can tell. I think he's basically just saying that the Persona series is part of the overall Megami Tensei series, and nothing more.
By Megami Ibunroku Persona , you mean Pwrsona 1, right? Thats the first time Ive heard anyone call persona 1 that. I mostly just hear Persona 1 or Revelations: Persona.

But yeah, thats probably what he mean. I was just doing a wild guess lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom