• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technomage

Smash Champion
FFVII Non-canon but it’s possible Sephiroth’s last name is either Hojo or Crescent. But being that he believes neither are his biological parents he probably chooses to have no last name
Ooooohh, I didn't know that.

Also, if Sephy's last name is "Crescent", then would he be related to Freya Crescent from FF9? :4pacman:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Reimu would be cheap when it comes to the licensing costs, and I Imagine Zun would be very lax about the process of making the character

The Main thing I would say though is that she'd be expensive in terms of Asset making and perhaps Development. Touhou doesn't have much 3D assets, if any at all, which would mean everything would have to be made from Scratch. plus Reimu seems like a very interesting character to balance, since she's very zoner heavy, along with being aerial based

Not to say she couldn't be in anyway, just stating my thoughts on that

There was a problem fetching the tweet

Ah **** here we go again

Fingers crossed it’s a duo though… namely Off the Hook… 👀
This is a Dataminer I assume. well I'd be interested in hearing this evidence. If it is substantial enough, I know Pokemon is gonna get alot of speculation (more than ever before perhaps)

Hopefully it's not just the slots thing again, but I assume what he already knows about that and wouldn't be this interested if it was just that

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Including the most recent, not even released yet, SMT protag is the exact OPPOSITE of Simon or Snake. Both OG protags.
Way to fantastically miss the point there buddy
CALL NINTENDO. YOU’RE A GENIUS.
I don't think anything related to Call of Duty development can be called genius. And I dread to imagine a future where all of Nintendo's franchises have to give away part of their resources just so peeps can have their complete CSS to stare at.

About that though, couldn't it be that the last character simply has some sort of install or stance mechanic like changing weapons? I know jack about coding but just food for thought
Don't know why you spoilered it, but I don't see why not. Granted, we don't know why the person thinks the character is 3-in-1, so it's hard to say. I do find it strange that the last character would do the same character swapping thing we just saw two fighters ago.

I will say that a complicated last fighter makes sense with Sakurai's statements about it being awhile before they come out.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
How reliable is this guy? Had he ever gotten anything right?
Yeah, I’m curious about this as well. If this guy is legit, I think the Battletoads actually have a very good chance to be the final DLC character. There aren’t many other iconic trios of video game characters and I doubt they would do another Pokémon Trainer because that idea has been done already and wouldn’t be as interesting the second time around.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah, I’m curious about this as well. If this guy is legit, I think the Battletoads actually have a very good chance to be the final DLC character. There aren’t many other iconic trios of video game characters and I doubt they would do another Pokémon Trainer because that idea has been done already and wouldn’t be as interesting the second time around.
Closest we'd ever get to the tmnt in Smash.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
SMT is the best selling JRPG franchise that is neither Kingdom Hearts nor Souls and not represented in Smash at all.
It's big.
SMH at calling Souls a JRPG...

Way to fantastically miss the point there buddy
As much as you were missing HIS point.

Which was that going with the newest, hottest character is a poor way to represent a franchise's history, to which your reply was "That's like saying [two characters that are the exact opposite of his example] are poor ways to represent a franchise's history". Thus completely missing his point.

Last edited:

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Don't know why you spoilered it
Just a bad habit I have when I change topics too suddenly

Back on topic tho, I also think it could be the special alts (dunno where exactly I read it but apparently they kinda take up a slot in the code, I'm talking about stuff like Shirtless Sephiroth, Minecraft & Hero alts, Student Joker and Female Byleth).

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Update from the dataminer dude;
Yeeeeeah that sounds like pretty flimsy evidence. It's the last character. It can have as much data storage as it wants.

To play devil's advocate though, it could be at least somewhat valid as evidence if Pyra/Mythra have more storage space allocated for it.

EDIT: Wait a minute, if the entire pack has more storage space, that could mean basically anything. The character is complicated, there's a gajillion songs in the pack again, there are more Spirits on the Spirit Board than normal, etc.

Last edited:

Gengar84

Smash Hero
One of my other most wanted characters, Sarah Kerrigan from StarCraft, would also probably take up more disk space if she is based on summoning Zerg units. It will probably end up being someone I don’t really care about but this is starting to get my hopes up (even though it really shouldn’t).

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
lol can you imagine?

Sakurai: The final fighter is a literal ****. Don't ask me for anything ever again.
Thirst theory still going strong, baybee! :4pacman:

Smash Ultimate will then immediately get its rating upped to M for Mara. :secretkpop:
Fixed. :roll:

Update from the dataminer dude;
Interesting. I'm curious to see how that was datamined. Like, is this an assumption based on how much space was left over? Or do fighters actually have a designated file size?

I remember modders saying something along the latter's lines for character models, maybe this can lead to something interesting.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Arceus Legends starter here we come!

This is where fix/second chance theory comes to play due to Decidueye or potentially one of his earlier evolutions.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
One of my other most wanted characters, Sarah Kerrigan from StarCraft, would also probably take up more disk space if she is based on summoning Zerg units.
That wouldn't take up more disk space (unless the units had a lot of complex AI or something) so much as it would just be difficult to optimize into something that doesn't tank the framerate.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Just a bad habit I have when I change topics too suddenly

Back on topic tho, I also think it could be the special alts (dunno where exactly I read it but apparently they kinda take up a slot in the code, I'm talking about stuff like Shirtless Sephiroth, Minecraft & Hero alts, Student Joker and Female Byleth).
Y’all

what if it IS a LoL character and they have full ass skins as their alts and different animations (and in some cases voices) for each? maybe even going the extra mile and some having different personalized victory screens?

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
If it is a legends arceus trainer
My preferable trip would be
Cyndaquil
Dewott
Decidueye

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion
Y’all

what if it IS a LoL character and they have full ass skins as their alts and different animations (and in some cases voices) for each? maybe even going the extra mile and some having different personalized victory screens?
Yeah, one of the reasons I'd like to see a LOL rep is so Terry wouldn't be lonely anymore (after all, Tencent does own both Riot and SNK).

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Y’all

I would be cool with that. LoL characters aren’t really among my most wanted but they all have cool and stylish designs so I would probably enjoy whoever they went with.

Inferno7

Smash Journeyman
Y’all

A LoL character? In MY Smash game?
I'm all for it, just give me Kat or Ahri

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
How’d he know about the disk storage space for CP11 tho?

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Though it can still be looked at as having content in Smash due to Persona.
Not at all.

Persona has 0 SMT content beyond a few of the spells Jokers uses (Makarakarn and Tetrakarn).

Well IMO I think personally based on timing, they might go with Demi-fiend but I mean if they go with a rep it's either-or. Either pick the iconic guy from the remaster or the new guy hot on the menu.
Yeah pretty much, it's either Demi-fiend or Nahobino IMO. I feel they would probably go with Demi-fiend though.

Sure, you CAN. But not without coming off like a total shill pick.

Which, Nahobino would 100% be. A character the would have been chosen a good 2 years before his game came out. Long before ANYONE knows if they even like the character or not.

Shill pick is literally the only way to interpret that.

Yes, but he said it was like Simon or Snake. That's the exact opposite.
I think you're missing his point.
He said it was like Simon or Snake because Riley said "Nahobino would only rep SMT V", and GoodGrief replied with that example, basically saying that following that logic Simon would just be representing the games he appeared in, so no Rondo of Blood, no Bloodlines, no Symphony of the Night, no Aria of Sorrow, and so on.

Nahobino would only rep SMT V if somehow we got a repeat of FFVII in Smash with 0 references to other SMT games besides V, which as I said it's highly unlikely, and more after seeing how Joker came with content from other Persona games, not only 5.

Ivander

Smash Legend

Ah **** here we go again

So....three characters? A character with three different weapons or fighting styles? A character with two characters who assist them?

But looks like nothing really came out of it when I came back.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
As much as you were missing HIS point.

Which was that going with the newest, hottest character is a poor way to represent a franchise's history, to which your reply was "That's like saying [two characters that are the exact opposite of his example] are poor ways to represent a franchise's history". Thus completely missing his point.
Nah, the point is that you can represent a franchise's history with a single character. Doesn't really matter if they're the first like Simon or Snake, or the latest like Joker, or someone from somewhere in between. It's all in how you make the moveset, and what content you pick to come alongside the character.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
How’d he know about the disk storage space for CP11 tho?
He didn't. The dude isn't a proper dataminer and was just poking around, saw some dummy slots, and misinterpreted them. I've reached out to someone who knows Smash Ultimate's internal structure for some clarification but right now this is just fake.

Oh, actually, said person just got back to me and said there's no data for FP11 even in the files now so unless you're on the dev team you wouldn't know **** about anything like that.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
Writing Team
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)

Ah **** here we go again

Seems rather dubious, regardless of whether or not it’s actually a triple fighter (which I kinda doubt, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom