• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Here is something for fun
If you had the chance to add 5 more Mario character (including from:ultdk::ultyoshi::ultwario:) to smash who would they be and why.
My choices would be:
  • Waluigi - So many fans want him
  • Poochy - Yoshi needs a 2nd rep and also more quadruped fighters
  • Shake King - Wario Land has no content and would be fun to play as a pirate Viking
  • Dixie Kong - Was a popular request alongside K. Rool
  • King Boo - If Mario has Bowser, give Luigi his ghostly arch nemesis

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Nester funky bowling was listed during brawl so I don’t see why it was taken away alongside Mike Jones besides not being Japanese Nintendo creation.
I would say Porky has been in a weird grey area.
Megaman has the best unique developed custom moves as well if anything they should have added Protoman as echo and use these custom moves and leave the rest.
I would also mention the removal of Mega Charizard X wasn’t a good decision and should have been brought back as an echo for Charizard with the rock smash especially the fact the he was one of the most popular mega out there and was heavily advertised and the have his model ready from smash 4.
I forgot about the Nester one. My bad.

Don't get me wrong, they should do more with the Echoes. Using customs is awesome for that. Since it doesn't go against their own establish Echo design(same weight and attributes) anyway. Missed opportunity. Imagine how much better Daisy would be?

I mean, they use object-based jokes for characters in general. It's not just the fact Ness' Dad is represented that way, but actual objects exist that can represent a person too sometimes. In context, it would be logical for Porky to be in his Capsule and that alone is the Spirit.

I think the issue with Charizard X as an Echo is that PT is fully together again. A regular clone or semi-clone wouldn't be tied to having transformations either. It could be basically a very simple clone that's identical to an Echo in all but name. And unlike Dr. Mario, would still have the same weight and attributes. Man, so many potential Echoes squandered...

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Is Samus Hunter credible? I've never heard of them.

Either way, the Arthur and Sophia spirits are practically guaranteed to be made available to everyone this patch, they've done that for every previous spirit event, including the ones like those, namely partner Pikachu, partner Eevee and Tickles.
They're "credible" in that they say stuff that's extremely obvious and/or has been officially stated before.
Anyone who's played Tekken could tell you this stuff about Kazuya.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I'd prefer if 6 Mii Costumes got revealed tomorrow lol

Also, though predicting this was easy, Samus hunter also hinted at King being a spirit, with :ultincineroar: being the puppet fighter.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Kazuya will drop the day after the presentation and using the A or B buttons makes Kazuya do attacks wow I'm such a credible leaker.

Side note, I played Ys 8 for 5 hours and let me tell you, my love for Adol has only grown stronger, especially with this unique hybrid between action game and survival game

TheLamerGamer

Smash Journeyman
So wait...

PapaGEnos talked about 6 files being listed for in between the "fathers" tourney and the recent tourney whose topic I forgot.
If the Sophia and Arthur spirits take up 2 of those slots...
We may only get 4 Mii Costumes tomorrow.

Who knows.
Usually spirits being made available outside of events don't get a notification in game as far as I remember, so it doesn't really mean anything as far as slots go.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'd prefer if 6 Mii Costumes got revealed tomorrow lol

Also, though predicting this was easy, Samus hunter also hinted at King being a spirit, with :ultincineroar: being the puppet fighter.
I feel like everybody's predicting that particular detail - it's hard to picture anyone else filling the role of that character.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I feel like everybody's predicting that particular detail - it's hard to picture anyone else filling the role of that character.
Yep.
Hence why I said predicting this was easy.
The only other character I've seen being brought up to rep that character as a spirit is :ultsnake: in his leopard-looking outfit. I mean it COULD work, but eh.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Here is something for fun
If you had the chance to add 5 more Mario character (including from:ultdk::ultyoshi::ultwario:) to smash who would they be and why.
Toad
Waluigi
Paper Mario
Dixie Kong
Ashley

Rounds things up nicely.

As much as I enjoy Yoshi games, it's fine with just Yoshi.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Last edited:

epicmartin7

Smash Master
NNID
epicmartin
Yep.
Hence why I said predicting this was easy.
The only other character I've seen being brought up to rep that character as a spirit is :ultsnake: in his leopard-looking outfit. I mean it COULD work, but eh.
Have they ever gotten anything right from previous presentations before than you can remember?

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
I forgot about the Nester one. My bad.

Don't get me wrong, they should do more with the Echoes. Using customs is awesome for that. Since it doesn't go against their own establish Echo design(same weight and attributes) anyway. Missed opportunity. Imagine how much better Daisy would be?

I mean, they use object-based jokes for characters in general. It's not just the fact Ness' Dad is represented that way, but actual objects exist that can represent a person too sometimes. In context, it would be logical for Porky to be in his Capsule and that alone is the Spirit.

I think the issue with Charizard X as an Echo is that PT is fully together again. A regular clone or semi-clone wouldn't be tied to having transformations either. It could be basically a very simple clone that's identical to an Echo in all but name. And unlike Dr. Mario, would still have the same weight and attributes. Man, so many potential Echoes squandered...
I don't think it's logical for the capsule to represent Porky. Porky is never involved to make the spirit itself, so it can't count

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't think it's logical for the capsule to represent Porky.
Based upon what? He canonically goes into the Capsule to keep himself Safe. That's the only point behind the item, because it directly houses a specific character. It has literally an empty and a full version, which have a very tiny sprite/pixel difference.

It's literally something that can represent him accurately within the series he's from. Is it as cool as a full version? No. But is it logical for him to do something from canon in order to make an easy Spirit Battle? Yes.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I'm kinda interested on who shows up for the Mii Costumes tomorrow. Because the biggest amount of new costumes a series got during a wave was 4, so it begs the question of who the extra ones will be - are they from other Bamco series or something else entirely?

There's also the Spirit Board - most series got 8~9 Spirits (I think the most we got was 13 with Sephiroth), so are they just gonna borrow from earlier Tekken games + Jin? Or are some of the older character not getting Spirits and just appearing on the Stage, like we saw with some of KoF Stadium's cameos?

Even as someone with little to no contact with Tekken, I think tomorrow is going to be really interesting - as if the moveset wasn't enough already.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Or are some of the older character not getting Spirits and just appearing on the Stage, like we saw with some of KoF Stadium's cameos?
Considering the location they chose I doubt they're going to go hogwild with the stage cameos unlike KoF Stadium. Maybe Heihachi, Jin if he isn't an alt, and Jack because of Tekken 5's intro at best.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Beyond "I want him playable", how is it illogical to joke about how he ended up in the series?
I believe tons of other characters are more likely than Porky, but I wouldn't rule him out as well. And yes I want him playable, how could you tell?

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
Ironically enough, Kazuya's gameplay section actually suggests Leopard print Snake as the King standin
Wait hold up

djinn.png

That's... not exactly what I would ever expect. TBF the gameplay section also shows Kazuya doing his presumably Rage Drive (Heaven's Door, the giant suplex) on Gold Incin. But I guess we'll simply have to see.

(Guess which video I pulled the pic from)

I'm kinda interested on who shows up for the Mii Costumes tomorrow. Because the biggest amount of new costumes a series got during a wave was 4, so it begs the question of who the extra ones will be - are they from other Bamco series or something else entirely?

There's also the Spirit Board - most series got 8~9 Spirits (I think the most we got was 13 with Sephiroth), so are they just gonna borrow from earlier Tekken games + Jin? Or are some of the older character not getting Spirits and just appearing on the Stage, like we saw with some of KoF Stadium's cameos?

Even as someone with little to no contact with Tekken, I think tomorrow is going to be really interesting - as if the moveset wasn't enough already.
TBF I could see a bit more than 10 spirits if only since Tekken has a lot of characters + quite a few bosses they could throw in as spirits for good measure.

In b4 they throw in someone like Leroy as a Legendary spirit. :roll:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
In b4 they throw in someone like Leroy as a Legendary spirit.
I actually will bet the spirit board will have 2 legendary spirits, those being Heihachi and Devil Kazuya. Also there needs to be a Jun spirit that evolves into Unknown, as well as a Lee spirit that evolves into Violet.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

I thought they had more on average, so I took a look and...
  • Joker: 11
  • Hero: 8
  • Banjo & Kazooie: 7
  • Terry: 11
  • Byleth: 9
  • Min Min: 10 (4)
  • Steve: 9
  • Sephiroth: 13
  • Pyra/Mythra: 11 (5)
I was very wrong. The numbers are a bit all over the place though (the only constant is that games that already have Spirits have pittance for new Spirits on their boards) so I'm not confident that it would really give any hints to the number of Spirits Kazuya's Spirit Board will have.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Considering how far we're in the Fighter Pass, at bare minimum FP11 is 75% complete if not 80%. The fighters have been revealed and released roughly every 2 1/2 to 3 months apart.
DLC fighters take about 7 months to make.

100 divided by 7=14.3

14.3 times 6 (as six months have passed since Sephiroth)=85.8. So CP11 isn't just 75% or 80% complete.

MattX20

Smash Hero
DLC fighters take about 7 months to make.

100 divided by 7=14.3

14.3 times 6 (as six months have passed since Sephiroth)=85.8. So CP11 isn't just 75% or 80% complete.
I said at bare minimum, not that was the actual percentage. I knew they had to be pretty far in with FP11 at this point

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
100 as in 100%
You can't really apply that to something as tricky and crapshooty as game development anyhow
Oh.

Yeah it can't really be treated like a progress bar since
  1. What counts as "done" is difficult to impossible to define.
  2. They work on multiple characters at once so there's no way to know when a character's development starts and ends.

Merengue

Smash Journeyman
Beyond "I want him playable", how is it illogical to joke about how he ended up in the series?
I'm not saying it's illogical to joke about how he ends up in the series. You can joke about how he ends up in the story, but I believe that if the asc really represents Porky, it would be named Porky(Absolutely Safe Capsule)

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Since Kazuya is being presented and likely revealed tomorrow, here is a summarized list of my predictions about his movest.

-Devils Form is Purely Aesthetic. Seeing as of all ~30 moves we’ve seen, there is not a single example of overlapping Devil and Regular moves. As well, all Devil moves have a big impact or make use of the added abilities (ie Smashes, Wings for Double Jump and Up Special, Lazar beam for Neutral Special)

-Tekken Rage is a powerup Kazuya gets after reaching a certain percent. It at least gives access to a one use per stock hyper move which I think is called Heavens Door. And if it works the same as Tekken it should boost his attack.

-Kazuya does NOT have punch and kick buttons, as he has a full list of specials (A Min Min style Jump for Up B, Lazer Beam for Neutral Special, A Side B burst option that crumples opponents, and I think if he uses Down Special on Ground he crouches (more on that in a sec), if used in the air he instead uses Devils Scissors.)

-Kazuya has a crouch mechanic giving him a small list of moves to play around with. And may be the only character in the game with an actually useful wavedash. This isn’t a simple Down Tilt. Rather a move that swaps his stance. So it looks. This is the mechanic I’m the most uncertain about.

-Kazuya has a Back Tilt and Diagonal Inputs. This allows for the crazy amount of moves we’ve seen.

-Kazuya’s combo attacks likely stem from inputs that are continually built upon. I guess they are standard fighting game inputs that need timed presses to keep going.

-Unlike Terry and Ryu, Kazuya can NOT cancel any attacks into others. They must be organically built to lead into each other.

- Like Ryu and Terry, his jump isn’t very useful. Though thankfully Up Special looks good for recovery.

Expect thorough bragging tomorrow if I get this right :4pacman:

As for Miis. I think Nightmare and Lloyd are coming. Though Lloyd has dodged death so many times I think he may have discovered immortality.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom