• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Here is something for fun
If you had the chance to add 5 more Mario character (including from:ultdk::ultyoshi::ultwario:) to smash who would they be and why.
1) Goomba (with a Goombella alt)

Goombas have always been one of my favorite enemies in video games. I love their design and they would be really unique. Goombella was also a really entertaining character in Paper Mario so I’d love to see her represented as well.

2) Dixie Kong & Kiddy Kong

I love the classic DKC games and Tropical Freeze is great too. I feel like the mechanics of the SNES trilogy were never truly represented. The tag mechanic was a big part of those games and would really make Dixie stand out from Diddy. Alternatively, a move set based on the animal buddies (another unrepresented aspect of DKC) would also be great.

3) King Boo

I never played Luigi’s Mansion but I was always a big fan of the Boo design. King Boo would be the perfect representation for the enemy, being an actual character as well as representing a new side series.

4) Toad (with a Toadette alt)

Toad has been a playable character for several mainline Mario games and is the only playable character from Super Mario Bros. 2 that is yet to become playable. Toadette would make for a great and easy alt that would represent the more modern games.

5) Wart

I always loved Wart and it’s sad to see that he was basically completely forgotten after Super Mario Bros. 2. He would make for a great retro character and might breathe new life into him similar to K. Rool.

Last edited:

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Greetings, all. Exactly 5 and a half months ago I made this post.
Its not too far, I will say it now. If another fighting game character gets in this pass, I will actually eat a hat. I will also eat two if its Sub Zero because theres no way its Sub Zero.
If its Amingo I’ll play samba music while eating said hat.
Of course, I was wrong. And now. I must rightfully eat a hat (or the parts that can actually be eaten).

Thus, I give the photos of the worst dinner of my life. Seriously do not eat hats foam and fiber taste awful.

C044D84A-D33E-4733-869F-0E90E5301DB0.jpeg
03CB0029-B758-4669-89A6-B9834B96E8CE.jpeg
5EBE8C2B-2455-4323-9B8F-09FDD31C9C6F.jpeg

6E5DEB1E-10E8-4D2B-95EF-481135DF9381.jpeg

7B675D5A-CE0A-4F6F-832F-99C281A6C694.jpeg

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Greetings, all. Exactly 5 and a half months ago I made this post.

Of course, I was wrong. And now. I must rightfully eat a hat (or the parts that can actually be eaten).

Thus, I give the photos of the worst dinner of my life. Seriously do not eat hats foam and fiber taste awful.

Here’s hoping the next character is Sub-Zero.

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
Lol, he’s unironically one of my most wanted characters. I’m not expecting him at all but I would be really hyped if he gets in. I want him even more now to see your reaction 😂.
The thing is, I love Mortal Kombat and Sub Zero is my main, but I really don’t wanna eat a hat again. I don’t even know what to think about Sub anymore.
Besides your image being broken...

...I'm not sure you have the backbone to deal with that.
Strange, its working fine on my end. Even loading on other quote posts.

I guess it just doesn’t have the guts to load properly.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The thing is, I love Mortal Kombat and Sub Zero is my main, but I really don’t wanna eat a hat again. I don’t even know what to think about Sub anymore.

Strange, its working fine on my end. Even loading on other quote posts.

I guess it just doesn’t have the guts to load properly.
Scorpion is my normal choice(though I've grown to like Shao Kahn way more), but still.

That said, I couldn't get it to load while quoting either. Weird.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Here is something for fun
If you had the chance to add 5 more Mario character (including from:ultdk::ultyoshi::ultwario:) to smash who would they be and why.
Ugh...alright. I guess:

Captain Toad/Toadette
Waluigi
Geno
Dixie Kong
And...
Admiral Bobbery

None of your business why!

What if instead of Mii costumes with Kazuya, we instead get four echo fighters including Jin Kazama, while they save the Lloyd mii costume for Challenger Pack 11?

Adding on to that, who do you want those echo fighters to be?
11e. Black Shadow [Captain Falcon]
38e. Shadow [Sonic]
46e. Bass [Megaman]
81e: Jin Kazama [Tekken]

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Also, I'm gonna bet for fun that tomorrow, Sakurai mentions the word "PlayStation" at some point.
Tekken's had around 20 games, but believe it or not, only 3 have ever hit Nintendo consoles.

He could say "It's an iconic, primarily Playstation fighting game franchise" blah blah blah.

He could even pull a Banjo and say, "Go try Tekken 7 on Steam or on the PS4!" : D

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero

Technomage

Smash Champion
Pic of the Day:

More Kazuya on the eve of his presentation, this time showcasing his Final Smash.
After seeing what his Final Smash is like in that first trailer, I noticed that fully-Devil Kaz is completely nude; adds even more plausibility to Thirst Theory. :4pacman:

For real though, I do find it funny that Kaz loses his pants (and his shirt and jacket, if he's wearing the business suit) when using his FS. XD

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

many leakers tend to mention Smash at the end of their posts in order to get noticed at all, a very common trend actually since it's the one thing that draws the most attention
Where did you get those 5 new icons of Shadow and Dante?

Paraster

Smash Lord
What do you mean you "get a feeling" we see the entirety of the final smash in the trailer and it isn't cinematic.
I'd argue it's "half-cinematic." It starts with Devil Kazuya in a volcanic environment, but transitions back to the stage when he fires the lasers.
1624851459938.png
1624851477503.png

It's similar, in that regard to how Burning Sword and Sacred Arrow start in a blank void before the firey burst/laser rain happen on the stage.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
What if instead of Mii costumes with Kazuya, we instead get four echo fighters including Jin Kazama, while they save the Lloyd mii costume for Challenger Pack 11?

Adding on to that, who do you want those echo fighters to be?

My list
03e: Ocarina of Time Adult Link (Same as in Melee but with Gale Boomerang and Ice Arrows maybe)
14e: Dry Bowser (Melee/Brawl Bowser with Giga Bowser effects)
31e: Shadow (Different specials like Chaos control and Chaos Spear to replace spring jump and spin dash respectively)
81e: Jin Kazama (The mix of the mishima style and Jun Kazama's fighting style from Tekken 3)
For me:
  • King D-Mind (King Dedede)
  • Lord Fredrik (King K. Rool)
  • Jeanne (Bayonetta)
  • Medusa (Palutena)

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
Well, tomorrow is Kazuya's presentation, and I like to post my thought on his potential costumes and victory animation since I am no good at dissecting Tekken fighting game mechanic that could be introduced into Smash like Screw, Rage, Power Crush, Attack Reversal, Counter Hit, etc. Here, a guides to the Tekken 7 feature gameplay. The only thing I know is that the Mishima Dojo have a stage gimmick which is a breakable wall, and due to the trailer camera trick, it is still unclear whether or not the fighter can use their recovery to gets back on stage once the wall is broken.

The outfits of Tekken is kinda pathetic with two default outfits at the start of the game, and the other outfits have to be unlocked. Finding the outfits for Kazuya was a tricky task as the mod and fan made character customization hinder a lot of the search for the actual default/unlockable in-game outfits. Wikia wasn't helpful as they didn't post any images of Kazuya's different T7 suit outfits. This is very important as it could determine what other colors can appeared for his suit and coat.

Anyway, here is what I found for Kazuya's outfits:

Both outfits appeared in Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, the first is his default maroon color pant and the other is the unlockable black pant. In T5DR, the black pant costs the same amount as his unlockable white pant, and it has a official art render where Kazuya is wearing the black pant with a different color belt and flame pattern on his pant. Then, thanks to T5DR/T6 character customization, there are other pants colors like red, blue, yellow, green, purple, sea-green, orange, green-yellow, and gray.

For the suit and coat color, I have to relied on T7 character customization:
The first suit/coat color is 2P Upper Body (Default) w/ 2P Lower Body (Default), which is purple colored.
The second suit/coat is Costume A which is a blue stripe suit w/a silver pattern coat.
The third suit/coat is Metallic which is a metallic gold suit/coat, by the way, this one is paid DLC.

Other suits/coats option that isn't related to T7:
This poster have Kazuya wearing a black suit w/ a red dress shirt and white coat, and then there is his White suit from T6 with no coat.

Lastly, if there is anything beside the pant/suit and coat:
A jean and tank top combination, the one he wore during T1/T2 see here.
A purple tuxedo
Shinden, a special limited edition outfit, and unlikely to happen.
3D movie outfit from Tekken: Blood Vengeance and other T7 story event.
A fundoshi which I am not linking.

Alright, his victory animation and there is one particular victory that peak my curiosity. It is the one where Kazuya lift and held the head of the defeated fighter in the air. The question is will every fighter(s) being clapped to their lifeless body or will Sakurai choose to instead have Kazuya lifting the head of Heihachi as a substitute for the defeated fighter? The other victory animation that I thought of is the one that came from Devil Kazuya as he charge and fires his laser beam in the air. In Smash, Kazuya could starts charging energy in his human form, then transform to Devil as he fires his laser beam in the air. Other than these, there is his zoomed in smile from his first ending, and everybody is hoping for that one to appeared in his actual victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom