• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Who were "Alberto" and "DoomSquidKid" pushing for anyway?

Everyone else has pretty self-explanatory names.
I could’ve sworn Alberto was the dude who tagged Harada and Sakurai while replying to the original tweet chain with an Infinity War meme or something, and I’ve seen another user on Twitter say he was that dude, but according to a user here, he wasn’t, so idk. It would make sense though since he’s the first one Harada tagged, and I don’t remember the dude who tagged him and Sakurai being a ForSmash character campaign account.

As for DoomSquidKid, I believe he was pushing for Doom Guy, but I’m not 100% sure I’m thinking of the same person.

Last edited:

ZelDan

Smash Master
Some potentially notable Konami news as Castlevania Advance Collection has been rated in Australia

It would be awesome if it was both the GBA & DS titles, but given this is the same company that released a collection that was only Rondo of Blood & Symphony of the Night, I'm not holding my breath. Still nice to see that Konami might finally be doing more collections again; something like a Rocket Knight one with RKA, both versions of Sparkster, & 2010's Rocket Knight would be cool.
The fact its called "Castlevania Advance Collection" makes me think its just a collection of the 3 GBA titles, which would actually be kinda "meh" to me, since they already did a harmony of Dissonance + Aria of Sorrow double pack back on the GBA, and Circle of the Moon isn't really up there as one of my favorite castlevania titles (it's decent, but not amazing IMO). unless they touch up the visuals, un**** HoD's soundtrack, or add some sort of interesting features, I don't know if I'd really bother getting such a collection.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I don't know why people take those sort of statements from Sakurai so seriously as if Nintendo has this poor man by the balls or something. Sakurai has a contract that he willingly signed for and if he didn't want to do more he could have backed out when it was over. No doubt Sakurai also had a say in the handling of FP2 and it's likely that, even if Nintendo was willing to produce it on their own, Sakurai still wanted to oversee it since the game is still his vision.

Sakurai genuinely loves what he does, his passion continues to show with every character regardless of the self-deprecating humor that has become somewhat of a staple of his. He relishes in the opportunity to work with all of these franchises, many of which are clearly some of his absolute favorites. If Sakurai wasn't thrilled with the idea of more DLC I'm sure he would have had the capacity to say no and we would have just gotten those one or two characters.
I never said Nintendo forced him to do anything, I'm just saying that it probably wasn't completely his idea to do 6 fighters judging by what he said, but he agreed to do it.

He wanted more DLC, he didn't necessarily want to do a whole 2nd fighter's pass. Sakurai can do something that wasn't his idea without being completely forced.

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
I could’ve sworn Alberto was the dude who tagged Harada and Sakurai while replying to the original tweet chain with an Infinity War meme or something, and I’ve seen another user on Twitter say he was that dude, but according to a user here, he wasn’t, so idk. It would make sense though since he’s the first one Harada tagged, and I don’t remember the dude who tagged him and Sakurai being a ForSmash character campaign account.

As for DoomSquidKid, I believe he was pushing for Doom Guy, but I’m not 100% sure I’m thinking of the same person.
If they pass on Crash and go for Spyro because of Harada Theory then Pikachu will be one one of the Smash 64 defaults who doesn't have the rival I fancy for them.

(Not much into Spyro, but I know he is a dragon who guards eggs so he is about the best choice for Yoshi.)

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
Mr. Sakurai wanted to make more DLC. He may not have had some concrete idea of how much more. Perhaps he wasn't thinking of an entire second pass. Nintendo approached him and whatever it was they proposed, he agreed to it; something he absolutely did not have to do. What's the problem?

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Since I brought up PSO2 a few pages ago: anyone has any idea on who could be the rep? Or to put it in a better way - would it be a pick from PSO2 or an earlier title? Would it be a particularly notable NPC or some variation of what the player can do with that game's classes?
I think it can be from any of them. But PSO2 is the most likely.
PSO2 has "The Guardian", aka the Avatar Main character, and Matoi, who is the 2nd most important character next to the Avatar and most recurring NPC character in PSO2. But "The Guardian" can also use the Avatar designs from PSOnline or PSUniverse if they want to as well. That said, the Avatar can be any class while Matoi is a Techter/Force, aka a Magic Casting Class. But the Avatar does have a signature weapon in PSO2 being the Coated Weapon, which starts as a giant Sword, but eventually becomes other weapons like a Double Saber, Talis, Assault Rifle, Twin Machine Guns, Dual Swords, Rod and Wand.

For the RPG titles, Alis Landale is probably the most likely since not only does she have her Phantasy Star 1 design, but she also has a Phantasy Star Online 2 design. It's not directly her in PSO2, but rather a "memory" of her to be a bit more accurate, but they can either make her PS1 and PSO2 designs separate costumes or maybe even make her design a combination of both.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I think it can be from any of them. But PSO2 is the most likely.
PSO2 has "The Guardian", aka the Avatar Main character, and Matoi, who is the 2nd most important character next to the Avatar and most recurring NPC character in PSO2. But "The Guardian" can also use the Avatar designs from PSOnline or PSUniverseif they want to as well. That said, the Avatar can be any class while Matoi is a Techter/Force, aka a Magic Casting Class. But the Avatar does have a signature weapon in PSO2 being the Coated Weapon, which starts as a giant Sword, but eventually becomes other weapons like a Double Saber, Talis, Assault Rifle, Twin Machine Guns, Dual Swords, Rod and Wand.

For the RPG titles, Alis Landale is probably the most likely since not only does she have her Phantasy Star 1 design, but she also has a Phantasy Star Online 2 design. It's not directly her in PSO2, but rather a "memory" of her to be a bit more accurate, but they can either make her PS1 and PSO2 designs separate costumes or maybe even make her design a combination of both.
My meager 20 minutes of googling have shown me different classes and weapons for each class. Maybe some sort of class-changing mechanic? There seem to be three different attack types, so maybe we'd get a stance character if they went the "Guardian" route? And if this weapon you're describing changes form, maybe it would be different for every class you changed into?

Dunno, I'm just spitballing. I'm not familiar with the series beyond some surface-level knowledge.

Ivander

Smash Legend
My meager 20 minutes of googling have shown me different classes and weapons for each class. Maybe some sort of class-changing mechanic? There seem to be three different attack types, so maybe we'd get a stance character if they went the "Guardian" route? And if this weapon you're describing changes form, maybe it would be different for every class you changed into?

Dunno, I'm just spitballing. I'm not familiar with the series beyond some surface-level knowledge.
There isn't really a class-changing mechanic for the Guardian. The closest they have to a "Weapon Switching" class is the Hero. All the other classes can stick to one weapon, but the Hero's fighting style actually revolves around switching weapons constantly.
If you want a detailed description for the Hero class, I did make a not-complete, but general idea for the Hero Class' playstyle here. It will be long, but it also has a video for extra detail.
So what is the Hero Class? The Hero class was the first of 4 "Promoted Classes" where the character can't choose a Sub-Class, but it gives the character an incredibly different Weapon performance and Photon Arts(aka Skills) for the weapons they wield. Like think of this. The Sword for the Hunter Class is normally a slow, cumbersome weapon with alot of weight to their attacks, much like Ganondorf, Ike and Cloud. How does the Hero use the Sword? Lightning-fast and super-speedy. Like imagine Ganondorf's Sword attacks done in a milli-second with the same amount of power, then followed by three other attacks with the same power, in almost the same amount of time Ganondorf does his first Forward Smash.
That's how the Hero uses the Sword. Incredibly fast, one-handed and anime as frick. And besides the Sword, the Hero uses the Twin Machine Guns differently from the Gunner and the Talis differently from the Force and Techter. And compared to the other classes which can focus around one weapon, the Hero's Photon Arts and skills revolve around combo-ing and constantly switching between all 3 weapons, as well as alot of dodging and moving around.
  • So our Hero is meant to be fast and flashy. But the main focus is on Photon Points or PP. Basically, the Hero class is combo-heavy, but they have to be careful of their Photon Points or lose access to doing their combos with succession. So below our Hero's Icon/Stock is going to be our Photon Points much like Hero with their Magic Points. Everytime the Hero does a Photon Art, they lose Photon Points and to recharge them, they either have to stop attacking for a bit for PP Regeneration or hit the foe successfully to gain PP. But if the player has enough Photon Points, they can use Photon Arts in quick succession of each other until they run out. The Hero has 100 Photon Points altogether.
  • For their Normal attacks, they have something called "Perfect attack" where when they attack, a blue circle will start surrounding them. When the Hero times an attack just around the time the Blue Circle goes Red, they will do a Perfect attack while missing it makes them do just a normal attack. Perfect Attacks are basically a Normal attack that deals more damage and adds more Photon Points back when it successfully hits. Think of it like Rhythm games with the Circles and whatnot. This basically applies to all their Normal attacks and Photon Arts, whereas in the case of Photon Arts, they only add more damage and don't give back Photon Points.
  • So another thing to note is that the Hero follows Ryu/Ken/Terry rules where they will always be facing the foe. This will be due to some of their Photon Arts. They also have Special Dodge moves. When they complete a Dodge, they can follow-up with a special Normal attack that has increased damage.
  • So let's begin with the Sword. The Sword is super fast, flashy and very combo heavy. For balance sake, we will reduce the amount of power the Sword does compared to it's Phantasy Star Online 2 version. But we will keep at how very flashy, weight-less and fast it is. So it's Normal attacks are quick and flashy.
    But alongside the sword, it also has it's Special Weapon Action which is basically the character's Empty hand pushing forward and unleashing a Spirit Bolt or Spirit bolt barrage. This is done by quickly pressing the A button or by holding it without moving the control stick, where you either send out a wave of Spirit Bolts out in fast succession or use a Charged-up Spirit Bolt that hits hard and impactful. Hitting successfully with these attacks will restore Photon Points.
    The Sword uses 4 Photon Arts. The first Photon Art is Brightblade Buster, which will be the Normal B skill. This has the Hero do a quick-spin attack on the foe. Not a Link-esque Spin Attack, but just one Spin and one hit. During the spin, the character won't get hit, as it counts as a dodge. After the first Spin attack, holding down the button will charge up a 2nd attack where the Hero does a slower, but much bigger Spin attack that is wider in Range. This Photon Art costs 10 PP for the first Spin.
    The 2nd Photon Art is Rising Slash, which will work as the Sword's Up-B Attack. The character does a flashy attack where they throw their sword into the Air, go to it, do a Combo attack then finish with a Downward Strike. The start of the attack has Invincibility frames. By holding down the Button, the character keeps doing the Combo, but at the cost of PP slowly going down. Basically, if using to recover, if the player has full Photon Points, they could reach the Stage edge compared to doing the attack with no Photon Points. This Photon Art costs 15 PP, but loses 1-2 PP per milli-second while holding the Combo.
    3rd Photon Art. Trickflash. This will be the Hero's Down-B Sword skill. The character does a high-speed thrust(similar to Ike and Falcon's Side Bs) at the foe and will stab them if they get in range. Now we get to some of the Weapon changing. When you hold the button down, the character will switch to their Talis weapon and follow-up with attacking with their Talis. The character then remains with their Talis weapon, using that as their weapon until they switch back to Sword or to Twin Machine Guns. This PA costs 15 PP.
    The 4th Photon Art is the other Sword switcher skill. Bulletblitz, and is the Hero's Side-B for Sword. It first starts with the character moving either backwards or forwards sending out a wave of Spirit Bolts from their hand. By holding the button, the Hero switches to the Twin Machine Guns and follows-up with a volley of bullets. This PA costs 20 PP.
  • Now let's get to the Twin Machine Guns. The Twin Machine Guns focus on pelting your opponents with lead. They work exactly like Fox's Laser special, except attached to the A Button. By holding down the A-Button, the character unleashes a barrage of bullets that don't flinch the foe, but deal damage incredibly quickly and reduces shields quickly. Compared to the Sword and Talis normal attacks, this will actually take away Photon Points, aside from Smash attacks, and from full Photon Points, the character will be allowed to fire a barrage of bullets for about 10 seconds before running out of PP. The player can walk forward or backward while holding the A-button, giving them low movement while shooting.
    It is not easy to restore PP with the Twin Machine Guns. The only way of restoring PP with the Twin Machine Guns is by using the Shield button, where the character will use their Reload Weapon action, which will slowly fill their PP Gauge. It can be timed with the Perfect Attack circle. Whenever the character does an attack or stops firing with the A-button, the Circle will appear as usual. If the Shield button times it perfectly, the PP Gauge will fill up twice as fast compared to the normal Reload.
    For the Twin Machine Guns Photon Arts now. We will start with Starfire Squall. This is a barrage of bullets from one of the guns that pierces foes. What makes this more unique is that if the Hero dodged an attack before using this move, this move will increase in damage. This is the Hero's B-move for Twin Machine Guns. This move costs the most at 30 PP per use.
    Final Storm is the 2nd PA for Twin Machine Gun and is the side-B Special.The Hero proceeds to do a succession of aerobatics moving forward or backward while shooting a barrage of bullets that hits all enemies surrounding them. It's pretty much like a Matrix thing where they are doing tons of front-flips and side-flips while shooting a barrage of bullets.
    For the Up-B for Twin Machine Guns, we have Switchfire Gambit. The player moves in a direction the control stick is going towards(so functions like Fire Fox, Octoslash, etc) to unleash a shotgun-like blast in the direction they move forward to. By holding the Button, this switches the Hero from Twin Machine Guns to Sword, which you can then follow up with a Rising Slash for extra recovery. This move costs 20 PP.
    For the Down-B for TMG, we have Sleightshot Gambit. The hero disappears for a quick-second and if the player quickly points the control stick to the left or right before the Hero attacks, this moves the Hero either forwards or backwards. They then unleash a barrage of bullets in the direction of the foe. Then by holding the button down, this switches to the Hero's Talis weapon and does a follow-up attack with it. This Photon Art costs 20 PP. If timed perfectly without holding the button down, a Hero Player with max PP can use 2 Starfire Squalls and 2 Sleightshot Gambits in succession after one another.
  • Okay, now onto the Talis weapon. The Talis weapon is normally a Ranged Magic weapon for the Force and Techter, but when the Hero uses it, it functions alot like a ninja shuriken, where the Hero throws out a shuriken-like projectile from their Talis weapon. The A-button has them using the Talis weapon is a three-hit combo, where the first two attacks consist of throwing the projectile out, with the third attack having them flip forward and sending out a stronger projectile, then rinse and repeat. It's not fast, but what makes this weapon stand out is it's movement while attacking. By moving the control stick left or right, whenever the Hero attacks with the Talis, they will move a quick-step in that direction while attacking. This can help with dodging and moving around.
    Now by holding the A-button, the Hero charges up and then releases their Weapon action. A floating orb that stays in place. This does not damage any foes near it, but when it's in play and the player taps the shield button, this instantly moves the Hero to the place where the orb is, sort of like a Pseudo-Zoom that the Dragon Quest Hero uses. This can greatly help with both mobility and recovering, but the PS-Hero still needs to be within some distance to teleport to it.
    Now for the Talis Photon Arts. The first we have is Houndblade for the B-Special. This is a multi-target attack. The Hero charges up up a shuriken that tracks nearby foes. When released, this will send a shuriken to each foe that was tracked and hit them. When a shuriken successfully damages a foe, the shurikens stay around the foes and deal damage over time on those foe for about 10 seconds, with them dealing damage every 2 seconds. And these will stay around even if the Hero switches to Sword or Twin Machine Guns later. This Photon Art costs 15 PP.
    The Down-B Special for Talis is Jet Wheel. The Hero makes a giant Shuriken, does a jump forward and releases the giant Shuriken where it rotates in place for 10 seconds, dealing damage to foes within it's range. This serves as crowd control for the Hero and once again stays even if the Hero switches to Sword or Twin Machine Guns. This move costs 20 PP.
    The Side-B Special for Talis is Fallback Gambit. The Hero backflips away from a foe and attacks with their Talis and stuns them for a short moment. By holding the button down, the Hero switches to Twin Machine Guns and follows up with a volley of bullets. This move costs 5 PP.
    The Up-B Special for Talis is Edgeracer Gambit. The Hero throws their Talis in the direction the control stick is(much like FireFox, Octoslash, etc) which damages any foes in the way and after going a short distance, the player will teleport to it. Holding the button down switches the Hero to their Sword where they do an attack with the Sword in front of them. Once again, the player can follow-up with Rising Slash if they have PP left. This Photon Art costs 15 PP.
So now that I have all of the Photon Arts and Actions typed up, I will now allow you to see them in action in Phantasy Star Online 2 to get a glimpse of how they would be in Smash Bros.

And there we go. Not exactly complete, but I made sure all the major parts were there. Looking at it, I do realise it does have similarity to a popular Smash pick, but hopefully, the main gimmick and gist of the moveset I gave them makes them different from that character.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
There isn't really a class-changing mechanic for the Guardian. The closest they have to a "Weapon Switching" class is the Hero. All the other classes can stick to one weapon, but the Hero's fighting style actually revolves around switching weapons constantly.
If you want a detailed description for the Hero class, I did make a not-complete, but general idea for the Hero Class' playstyle here. It will be long, but it also has a video for extra detail.
Why, that's interesting! I wonder what that would mean for a moves-

Like imagine Ganondorf's Sword attacks done in a milli-second with the same amount of power, then followed by three other attacks with the same power, in almost the same amount of time Ganondorf does his first Forward Smash.
Oh.

Oh dear.

I'm having second thoughts about this.

But in all seriousness, the reason I asked about weapon switching is because I got the impression (by looking at the wikia) that you can change classes fairly easily in the game. That's why I suggested it as a "stance" mechanic.

That said, your description sounds interesting! I'll try to come back once I've read through it.

Wigglerman

Smash Ace
Non-video game characters should not appear in the Super Smash Bros. series.
Mild correction: Characters that did not originate from video games. Otherwise your prior statement is left just ambiguous enough for people to legit argue the 'Shreks, Gokus and James Bonds' of the gaming world can make it in because 'har har, see, dey video gaem churecturs'. But Sakurai has made it explicit enough his guidelines on this that characters like Goku or Iron Man wouldn't make it into Smash as video games were not their origin points. They were non-gaming media first and eventually got games.

Ivander

Smash Legend
Why, that's interesting! I wonder what that would mean for a moves-

Oh.

Oh dear.

I'm having second thoughts about this.

But in all seriousness, the reason I asked about weapon switching is because I got the impression (by looking at the wikia) that you can change classes fairly easily in the game. That's why I suggested it as a "stance" mechanic.

That said, your description sounds interesting! I'll try to come back once I've read through it.
Relax, that's pretty much the gist of it in Phantasy Star Online 2's gameplay. The Hero practically doing combos with the strength of Ganondorf(aka hitting really hard). In Smash, it'd obviously wouldn't be that powerful for balance sake.

That said, the general idea is that in Phantasy Star Online 2, you can switch classes fairly soon and easily, but you can't switch to another class while on a mission. So you can't "Class change" on the fly. You can only class change before you start a quest or mission. Also, while all the classes have multiple weapons aside from the Luster, they can practically stick to one weapon-type of their choice while the Hero Class actively encourages Weapon Switching.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I still think non-video game characters are fine in certain contexts. Like, the idea of sidestepping all of the Disney characters in Kingdom Hearts or all the Marvel characters in Marvel Vs. Capcom just sounds dumb to me since they're like half the premise of the games. I wouldn't make them playable characters for various reasons, but having them make cameos or even having their names mentioned so that the titles can have as much love as the other series isn't going to kill the series.

MaplePie

Smash Cadet
I wouldn't say those characters are in the same situation/tier.
I disagree. I find a Mother character more likely than another Donkey Kong character especially if they bring Mother to the Switch. You guys are not giving him a fair chance

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Alpharad is popping off right now.
smash could really use some more good father figures
If you had to pick one 'fourth party' franchise to get a fighter - is there anyone beside Geralt from the Witcher who would fit?
It depends how biased I am. If I want a character at least a few people would accept, probably a Marvel rep. I couldn't tell you who, there are a lot of marvel characters who would have really unique movesets (it's almost like there's a fighting game series for that). Spider-Man, Loki, Dr. Strange, Doc Ock and Kamala Khan are some of the ones I would consider, they would have very unique movesets.

Full bias mode, either Aang or a Steven Universe character. I adore both shows (I am coming to realize more of the latter's flaws, however), and they would also have a very unique moveset.

Eremurus

Smash Apprentice
I disagree. I find a Mother character more likely than another Donkey Kong character especially if they bring Mother to the Switch. You guys are not giving him a fair chance
But I mean, are they going to do so? From what I remember, Iwata was the one on board for the localization process of Mother. Has anyone else picked up the torch? I don't really keep up with Nintendo news.

Twilord

Smash Ace
We are probably never getting Mother 3. We are probably never getting Mother 4.

We might get an Earthbound remake that uses 3D models styled after the concept art. Maybe a hint of claymation styling.

Last edited:

MaplePie

Smash Cadet
But I mean, are they going to do so? From what I remember, Iwata was the one on board for the localization process of Mother. Has anyone else picked up the torch? I don't really keep up with Nintendo news.
I heard a "rumor" on an Earthbound remake with Toby Fox being in charge.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
We are probably never getting Mother 3. We are probably never getting Mother 4.

We might get an Earthbound remake that uses 3D models styled after the concept art. Maybe a hint of claymation styling.
I could maybe see an Earthbound remake happening. Nintendo's starting to let other companies work on their dead IPs (Advance Wars, Famicom Detective Club, Pokemon Snap), it's not impossible someone decides to do Earthbound

Paraster

Smash Lord
Just for fun, I decided to make a lineup for "Ultimate DLC in a parallel universe"--a series of characters that replace the DLC fighters we got, but are from the same companies, fill similar character niches, or both.

Thus far, I have...
  • Demi-Fiend replacing Joker (From Persona's parent series. Seems the most iconic of the SMT protags, Nocturne HD was presumably planned/in production at the time.)
    • Alternate: Nahobino (If we were allowed to shuffle release orders to make this slot later.)
  • Neku Sakuraba replacing Hero (Another Square Enix RPG franchise not previously in Smash. Tied to Nintendo systems, Final Remix came out previous year, anime and NEO in production at the time.)
  • Toxtricity replacing Byleth (Another first-party added to a series that would garner some controversy over whether their series is overrepresented.)
    • Alternate: like, any other Sword/Shield Pokemon (I chose Toxtricity because I wanted to diverge from the starter mold, Toxtricity seems decently popular, and a Poison/Electic type just seems like a neat concept.)
  • Officer Howard replacing Min Min (Another Nintendo series that debuted on the Switch.)
  • Noctis replacing Sephiroth (Another Final Fantasy character, considerably more recent.)
  • Agumon replacing Kazuya (Another Bandai Namco series.)
    • Alternate: a SoulCalibur rep (If you wanted to stick to a Namco fighting game.)
I'm having trouble coming up with analogues for Piranha Plant, Banjo & Kazooie, Terry, Steve, and Pyra/Mythra. One thing I should note is that I don't necessarily want all of these to be "obvious" picks--one could easily put Master Chief for Banjo or Steve, but I'd like something more interesting for that slot if possible.

Edit: Thanks to more time thinking and having discussion elsewhere, I've completed my list.
  • Kamek replacing Piranha Plant (Mario-adjacent. Could technically be considered a basic enemy due to being identical to ordinary Magikoopas.)
  • Geno replacing Banjo & Kazooie (Fan-favorite character that has not had any prominent appearances for some time.)
    • Alternate: Isaac (Also fan-favorite character that has not had any prominent appearances for some time.)
  • Kyo Kusanagi replacing Terry (Protagonist of early King of Fighters, as opposed to a pre-KoF series.)
  • Ahri replacing Steve (Huge 2010s game that is often ignored or considered unlikely for Smash.)
  • KOS-MOS replacing Pyra/Mythra (Another Monolith Soft character. Technically not the player character.)
    • Alternate: Elma (Another Xenoblade character. Also technically not the player character.)

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Is there a reason for that? Itoi said the series is finished and there will never be a Mother 4, so any Mother on the Switch would likely be just a port, which DKC already has on the Switch regardless (and of a much more recent game).

And just looking at the difference in sizes between the two series and the fact that Lucas wasn't even deemed important enough to be brought back for Smash 4's base.... I really don't see how they're even remotely in the same tier, let alone Porky being more likely.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I would say Batman and Spider Man would be some of the best choices for a 4th Party character

Both Have had Games that are Iconic to the Industry (The Batman Arkham Series, Spider Man 2 and Spider Man on PS4), Both are in Fighting game series that are popular or Legendary (Injustice, Marvel vs Capcom), They are Known worldwide thanks to media like the Comics, Movies, Tv Shows, etc, They are popular, and they don't have as many right Issues as other characters (Looking at Anime characters)

The thing I will say is that I don't know how a Negotiations between Nintendo and Warner Bros and/or Disney would play out in terms of Negotiating for a Fighter, though I would say that if Nintendo did go for Mortal Kombat or Kingdom hearts characters, they already have to deal with Warner Bros and Disney anyway. I think in that case, Nintendo might as well bring up the idea of DC Characters, Marvel Characters, Star Wars Characters, and the Disney Characters

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
I heard a "rumor" on an Earthbound remake with Toby Fox being in charge.
I wouldn't put any stock in rumours. Also TobyFox isn't who they would pick for a graphical overhaul... no offense to the guy but he isn't someone known for nailing modern 3D art direction, that is the opposite of his charm.

But between the remakes of Links Awakening and Diamond & Pearl, and the fact they have got Metroid finally moving again, current Nintendo feels like they might actually try a HD remake of the cult classic RPG.

MarioRaccoon

Smash Ace
So ultimate community, what mii costumes may fit for Kazuya? Lets say there 5:

Fighting game IPs
Tekken (obvious lol, Jin, Nina, King, etc)
Soul Calibur (Nightmare, Valkyrie, etc)
Dead or Alive (Ayane, Kasumi)
Guilty Gear (Sol, who else?)
Street Fighter (Chun Li, Akuma, Guile)
Mortal Kombat (Scorpion with different colors)

Namco Bandai IPs
Tales Of (Lloyd, Yuri)
Katamary Damacy (Prince)
Dark Souls (Solaire)
Xenosaga (Kos-Mos)

What else more ?

Last edited:

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
If you had to pick one 'fourth party' franchise to get a fighter - is there anyone beside Geralt from the Witcher who would fit?
I'd go with Hatsune Miku. Not only it would finally represent Rhythm games, I feel that she's one of the more video gamey non-video game characters (if that makes sense).

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
So ultimate community, what mii costumes may fit for Kazuya? Lets say there 5:

Fighting game IPs
Tekken (obvious lol, Jin, Nina, King, etc)
Soul Calibur (Nightmare, Valkyrie, etc)
Dead or Alive (Ayane, Kasumi)
Guilty Gear (Sol, who else?)
Street Fighter (Ch
Mortal Kombat (Scorpion with different colors)

Namco Bandai IPs
Tales Of (Lloyd, Yuri)
Katamary Damacy (Prince)
Dark Souls (Solaire)
Xenosaga (Kos-Mos)

What else more ?
Valkyrie's outfit is a costume in Soulcalibur, yes. But Valkyrie is from The Legend of Valkyrie, not from Soulcalibur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom