• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Yep he is!

Also, I heard someone mention fire theory. Now we haven't seen Kauzya use any fire moves. However, for his final smash if he throws the opponent into a volcano, would that count? Would fire theory still be alive then?
No his Final Smash is the devil laser thingy (not the first one, the bigger one). I have seen someone say he counts because of the flame pattern on his pants though. lol

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Yep he is!

Also, I heard someone mention fire theory. Now we haven't seen Kauzya use any fire moves. However, for his final smash if he throws the opponent into a volcano, would that count? Would fire theory still be alive then?
Cool, the only reasonable thing here to do now have "Grand Theft Auto vs Destroy All Humans" discourse till the last character gets revealed. It's the only logical conclusion for Smash Speculation to go.
:4pacman:

Fire theory just relies on special moves characters use. Firepower from guns doesn't count as Joker wasn't included so shooter characters are still fine.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Yep he is!

Also, I heard someone mention fire theory. Now we haven't seen Kauzya use any fire moves. However, for his victory screen if he throws the opponent into a volcano, would that count? Would fire theory still be alive then?
We've already seen his final smash lol.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I goofed. I meant victory screen.
It looks like he has a normal victory screen sadly. This is likely because 1.) you would have to animate literally every character in Kazuya's arms for this to be a thing, 2.) it would imply that he killed the other character, which kind of goes against the game's tone, and 3.) it doesn't quite work in the context of having more than two characters in the match.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Yep he is!

Also, I heard someone mention fire theory. Now we haven't seen Kauzya use any fire moves. However, for his victory screen if he throws the opponent into a volcano, would that count? Would fire theory still be alive then?
He has fire pants

Is this stretching the theory? Probably, but it's a %$#@post anyways so who cares. We're keeping it alive as long as we can and that's that.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I don't think that fighter pass 2 having one more fighter is that important. Sakurai said je wanted two or three more fighters after pass 1, but he realised he could do more. He probably just have enough Idea and budget for one more character than pass 1 and that's it.
Sakurai didn't seem too happy with the idea though. He said "no breaks for me", "Looks like there will be one more fighter than last time" and "I thought one or two might suffice"

This implies that it wasn't his idea at all, and it was Nintendo's.

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
It looks like he has a normal victory screen sadly. This is likely because 1.) you would have to animate literally every character in Kazuya's arms for this to be a thing, 2.) it would imply that he killed the other character, which kind of goes against the game's tone, and 3.) it doesn't quite work in the context of having more than two characters in the match.
It seems pretty likely that he's going to have a unique announcer though, so that's badass in it's own right!

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Metal slug rep most likely and it could come with 4 characters at once which would be an alt Marco, Eri, Tarma, Fio.
No. The character will be the SV-001 Metal Slug. With Marco, Eri, Tarma and Fio DRIVING it, Bowser Jr.-style!

1624047941468.png
Do you guys think theres any chance Kazuya comes with Jin as an alt?
No. It would have been in the trailer.

What context are you using for "fanservice?"
The Tharja context!

Last edited:

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai didn't seem too happy with the idea though. He said "I wonder if I'll ever get a break" and "Looks like there will be one more fighter than last time"

This implies that it wasn't his idea at all, and it was Nintendo's.
He's also said that he's excited to work on more characters, that he's enjoying the DLC work, and that he'll continue to work on Smash as long as there's a demand. I think he loves it all but does still want people to understand there's tons of hard work and effort involved.

Implying character murder has been shown off in his trailer pretty directly. If they got away with it there as he threw the lifeless corpses of young and old characters, I think there's no issue if it wasn't technically ridiculous to pull off.

If it was actually practical to implement (Which it isn't), you could always just throw the character in last place. Maybe make it so you can't see exactly who he threw off but then whoever is in last place is not seen clapping?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334

RGFS

Smash Journeyman
The only true theory is Harada theory and it's slowly starting to become true every reveal.

Who were "Alberto" and "DoomSquidKid" pushing for anyway?

Everyone else has pretty self-explanatory names.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Sakurai didn't seem too happy with the idea though.
I don't know why people take those sort of statements from Sakurai so seriously as if Nintendo has this poor man by the balls or something. Sakurai has a contract that he willingly signed for and if he didn't want to do more he could have backed out when it was over. No doubt Sakurai also had a say in the handling of FP2 and it's likely that, even if Nintendo was willing to produce it on their own, Sakurai still wanted to oversee it since the game is still his vision.

Sakurai genuinely loves what he does, his passion continues to show with every character regardless of the self-deprecating humor that has become somewhat of a staple of his. He relishes in the opportunity to work with all of these franchises, many of which are clearly some of his absolute favorites. If Sakurai wasn't thrilled with the idea of more DLC I'm sure he would have had the capacity to say no and we would have just gotten those one or two characters.

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Some potentially notable Konami news as Castlevania Advance Collection has been rated in Australia

It would be awesome if it was both the GBA & DS titles, but given this is the same company that released a collection that was only Rondo of Blood & Symphony of the Night, I'm not holding my breath. Still nice to see that Konami might finally be doing more collections again; something like a Rocket Knight one with RKA, both versions of Sparkster, & 2010's Rocket Knight would be cool.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Actually, this came up to my mind.
My personal answer is no.
But let me ask y'all for fun:

Do you guys think we DIDN'T get Heihachi as our Tekken character IN PART because of his appearance as a playable fighter in Playstation-All Stars Battle Royale?

Like I just said, my solid answer is no.
That game came out in November 2012, and according to Sakurai, despite his failed attempts, he TRIED to make a functioning Heihachi moveset in Sm4sh, which started development in October 2011.
I think we didnt get him because once a VA dies, Japan normaly doesnt use the character again

Stratos

Smash Ace
When the last DLC character for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate appear, will be needed for the next Super Smash Bros. game to display a Smash Bros. Fighter Ballot to we suggest new characters.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
like banjo, krool, Ridley etc
I doubt it. Not sure if you were around for Smash 4, but after Cloud's reveal, people thought "how are they going to top that for the final presentation?" People were... disappointed to say the least, when it was revealed that the last two characters were Corrin and Bayonetta. (Corrin because it was a sixth Fire Emblem character when Smash 4 had already added two new ones and a returning veteran, Bayonetta because people assumed that the ballot was rigged or the subject of mass voter fraud)

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Since I brought up PSO2 a few pages ago: anyone has any idea on who could be the rep? Or to put it in a better way - would it be a pick from PSO2 or an earlier title? Would it be a particularly notable NPC or some variation of what the player can do with that game's classes?

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Some potentially notable Konami news as Castlevania Advance Collection has been rated in Australia

It would be awesome if it was both the GBA & DS titles, but given this is the same company that released a collection that was only Rondo of Blood & Symphony of the Night, I'm not holding my breath. Still nice to see that Konami might finally be doing more collections again; something like a Rocket Knight one with RKA, both versions of Sparkster, & 2010's Rocket Knight would be cool.
I would kill everyone on earth and leave 3 survivors for a Silent Hill collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom