• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaplePie

Smash Cadet
Is there a reason for that? Itoi said the series is finished and there will never be a Mother 4, so any Mother on the Switch would likely be just a port, which DKC already has on the Switch regardless (and of a much more recent game).

And just looking at the difference in sizes between the two series and the fact that Lucas wasn't even deemed important enough to be brought back for Smash 4's base.... I really don't see how they're even remotely in the same tier, let alone Porky being more likely.
Both Earthbound games sold really well on the Virtual Console on the Wii U in 2015. Even if they were just ports, they would become best sellers. Contents for Smash Ult. were being decided in 2015 with the fighter ballot(Porky would take a significant spot in the 20s-30s). Lucas was brought back as the Brawl veteran DLC in Smash 4.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I'd go with Hatsune Miku. Not only it would finally represent Rhythm games, I feel that she's one of the more video gamey non-video game characters (if that makes sense).
Hatsune Miku would feel really weird in Smash

Last edited:

Twilord

Smash Ace
Ladies and gentlemen
I am proud to announce that with the addition of Kazuya

Belt Theory stays strong:4pacman:
Which theory is this?

So ultimate community, what mii costumes may fit for Kazuya? Lets say there 5:

Fighting game IPs
Tekken (obvious lol, Jin, Nina, King, etc)
Soul Calibur (Nightmare, Valkyrie, etc)
Dead or Alive (Ayane, Kasumi)
Guilty Gear (Sol, who else?)
Street Fighter (Ch
Mortal Kombat (Scorpion with different colors)

Namco Bandai IPs
Tales Of (Lloyd, Yuri)
Katamary Damacy (Prince)
Dark Souls (Solaire)
Xenosaga (Kos-Mos)

What else more ?
BANDAI
Mametchi
Omnimon

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master

Fighting game IPs
Street Fighter (Ch

Namco Bandai IPs
Tales Of (Lloyd, Yuri)
Katamary Damacy (Prince)
Dark Souls (Solaire)
Xenosaga (Kos-Mos)

What else more ?
ya know
Just for fun let’s throw in a Brawler outfit for Fulgore from Killer Instinct

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Both Earthbound games sold really well on the Virtual Console on the Wii U in 2015. Even if they were just ports, they would become best sellers. Contents for Smash Ult. were being decided in 2015 with the fighter ballot(Porky would take a significant spot in the 20s-30s). Lucas was brought back as the Brawl veteran DLC in Smash 4.
OK, DKC games have also sold really well, and in much higher numbers as well. Doesn't really prove anything.

(Porky would take a significant spot in the 20s-30s)
Is there any evidence for this?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Hatsune Miku would feel really weird in Smash
I think she would fit better than Geralt or James Bond. Unless you're in Japan or you're really into Vocaloid most people know her as a video game character. Beside, she already appeared in many video game crossover like Phantasy star online, Persona and Virtua fighter.

WahHahaha

Smash Ace
I think she would fit better than Geralt or James Bond. Unless you're in Japan or you're really into Vocaloid most people know her as a video game character. Beside, she already appeared in many video game crossover like Phantasy star online, Persona and Virtua fighter.
I would want James Bond more. I know he's a movie character, but if you focus specifically on the version from the N64 I feel like it would be cool.

Twilord

Smash Ace
I'd go with Hatsune Miku. Not only it would finally represent Rhythm games, I feel that she's one of the more video gamey non-video game characters (if that makes sense).
Didn't she technically debut on software which means she isn't that far off from say Animal Crossing, which I don't think has a win or lose state? (Some definitions of game actually require those but seemingly not any Sakurai is using.)

Last edited:

Technomage

Smash Champion

Fighting game IPs
Street Fighter (Chun Li, Akuma, Guile)

Namco Bandai IPs
Tales Of (Lloyd, Yuri)
Katamary Damacy (Prince)
Dark Souls (Solaire)
Xenosaga (Kos-Mos)

What else more ?
Maybe an Agumon costume?

MaplePie

Smash Cadet
OK, DKC games have also sold really well, and in much higher numbers as well. Doesn't really prove anything.

Is there any evidence for this?
Okay I admit the part where I said Porky was in the 20s - 30s is just a guess. But I'll show an image about the Earthbound sales on the Wii U.

spicynun

Smash Journeyman

Fighting game IPs
Street Fighter (Chun Li, Akuma, Guile)

Namco Bandai IPs
Tales Of (Lloyd, Yuri)
Katamary Damacy (Prince)
Dark Souls (Solaire)
Xenosaga (Kos-Mos)

What else more ?
Klonoa for Namco (I can dream okay)

Technomage

Smash Champion
Source Gaming did a Ninja Gaiden video.

Question: If Smash were to get both Ryu (you know which one) and Kasumi in the same game, would they both be considered by the game to be part of the Ninja Gaiden series or the Dead or Alive series?

Would his body shape really work? I feel like Mametchi and Omnimon (weirdly could be any class) both fit that form better.
I don't know, but the proportions don't have to match unless the costume becomes a Premiium one?

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
OK, cool, Tropical Freeze also sold millions on the Switch. I don't doubt that Earthbound did very well, especially for a retro game, but I don't think it's a million seller.

And if we're just going by "guesses", my "guess" is that Dixie probably did pretty well on the ballot too, considering Tropical Freeze was just released that past year and was a brand new game, unlike the Earthbound rereleases.

MaplePie

Smash Cadet
OK, cool, Tropical Freeze also sold millions on the Switch. I don't doubt that Earthbound did very well, especially for a retro game, but I don't think it's a million seller.

And if we're just going by "guesses", my "guess" is that Dixie probably did pretty well on the ballot too, considering Tropical Freeze was just released that past year and was a brand new game, unlike the Earthbound rereleases.
You win the argument. Yes, DKC sold more well on the Wii U than Earthbound, I'll say that. Thank you for talking with me

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Question: If Smash were to get both Ryu (you know which one) and Kasumi in the same game, would they both be considered by the game to be part of the Ninja Gaiden series or the Dead or Alive series?
Ryu would be considered Ninja Gaiden because he debuted in that series, and Kasumi would be considered Dead or Alive because she debuted in that series.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Ryu would be considered Ninja Gaiden because he debuted in that series, and Kasumi would be considered Dead or Alive because she debuted in that series.
Oh cool, then Mario wouldn't be the only series broken up into subseries in terms of roster representation. Also makes me kinda wish we got both in this game. :D

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
While I don't really know Kasumi's role in the Ninja Gaiden series, it would probably have Ryu be considered to be from the Ninja Gaiden series, and Kasumi be considered to be from the Dead or Alive series.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
do we have any proof that Porky support was a thing back then? I thought it started when people didn't get the joke with the Absolutely Safe Capsule.

If any Mother character had a notable ballot placement (which is a big if), I'm pretty sure it would be Ninten. I remember a few people campaigning to "finish the trilogy".

Twilord

Smash Ace
I mean, an Agumon Hat would be better at that point. Not all need to be a full costume. ._.;
To be fair Omnimon wouldn't be a bad pick by any stretch; they are basically the other big mascot of Digimon; effectively both the Charizard and the Mewtwo of the franchise. Seems like half the chase cards in the new Digimon TCG are some form of Omnimon, and that is just reflecting their role in the rest of the franchise.

I could totally see Sakurai picking them for the role.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I wonder if the final character’s reveal trailer will be tied to the World of Light storyline. That seems like a fitting way to end things.
Yeah Cinderace is gonna kick Galeem's glowing ball into a net and save the universe.

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
YR:
Final characters trailer opens up with A flashback Sephiroth slaying Galeem; tune in to the fighters getting their butts whipped by Dharkon.
Someone saves them all! But who?
It’s.. IT’S

TABUU!?
Cue trailer and announce Subspace 2…

Twilord

Smash Ace
A villain swordsman with a holy aesthetic beat Galeem, so whoever comes next will show up just as Bayonetta (heroine gunner with demonic aesthetic) beats Dharkon.

What character could make it funniest for a different character to have the "big damn hero" moment of their trailer?

CapitaineCrash

Smash Champion
Didn't she technically debut on software which means she isn't that far off from say Animal Crossing, which I don't think has a win or lose state? (Some definitions of game actually require those but seemingly not any Sakurai is using.)
Yes, Hatsune Miku is a software character first. Not sure what you mean with the comparaison with Animal crossing, becasue AC start as a N64 game.

do we have any proof that Porky support was a thing back then? I thought it started when people didn't get the joke with the Absolutely Safe Capsule.

If any Mother character had a notable ballot placement (which is a big if), I'm pretty sure it would be Ninten. I remember a few people campaigning to "finish the trilogy".
Yeah even as a Porky supporter, I really highly doubt that Porky did that well in the ballot. Is support only really start after K.rool trailer when people thought that vilain would be a theme for the game newcomer, and then it blew up a bit more when people realised that he technically don't have a spirit.

Twilord

Smash Ace
So, Dante?

Actually, that would be kinda perfect.

Dharkon spores infect every fighter except her and then he hops down from a cliff.

"Need some help?"

"No, but from what I hear you just might make this interesting."

"First to forty?"

"Not if you're gonna be cheap about it."

"Don't worry, cheap is not one of my styles."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom