• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official DLC Speculation Discussion Volume II

Status
Not open for further replies.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
BotW Zelda is back on the scene. Let's give her the motorcycle. :4pacman:

It's been mentioned in many a Papagenos video... but Sakurai HAS repeatedly mentioned Zelda's design in Smash a bunch...

I mean just any figurine will do? NOT counting Amiibo, I assume

it’s for reference he claims
Oh I know that. I just wasn't sure how many Tekken figures there were.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

See tho

I’m still taking Figure Theory into account to an extent

If CP11 is the last fighter they HAVE to have a figurine

if the bonus fighter rumor is real and CP11 doesn’t have a figurine then the bonus has to
There hasn't been a single theory that's been right yet. The characters everyone thought were frontrunners for the last two months were off the mark and instead it was a character Snakefighter wrote a conept for 2 whole years ago.

Isn't it about time we stop with the ridiculous theories that basically all boil down to

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
View attachment 319519
Has this been brought up yet? It’d be sort of crazy if Capcom only gets an echo in Ultimate. They seem to be so easy to work with when it comes to crossovers, they’ll do anything lol
Aaaaaanythiiiiiiiiiiiing? :)
hqdefault.jpg

Come on let's get Tron Bonne and the tortue room hahahaha AND THEN LET'S LAND IN FRONT OF THE ANIMAL SHELTER AND ROB THE BANK YEAH YEAH YEAH CRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMES

Gengar84

Smash Hero
Ayumi Tachibana, Dixie Kong, Rhythm Heaven Rep, Sonic character, and Mach Rider are others to keep in mind if we take Second Chance Theory into account.
Blastoise, Venusaur, Plusle, and Minun also fit if I’m correct. Blastoise is my brother’s favorite Pokémon and second most wanted character but I’m having a hard time seeing it when we already have Pokémon trainer (unless we get Blue/Gary for some reason).

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Blastoise, Venusaur, Plusle, and Minun also fit if I’m correct. Blastoise is my brother’s favorite Pokémon and second most wanted character but I’m having a hard time seeing it when we already have Pokémon trainer (unless we get Blue/Gary for some reason).
I think that all Pokemon pre-Sword and Shield have no chance, while Sword and Shield Pokemon themselves are deconfirmed because of the Spirit Event. So yeah, I highly doubt that a Pokemon is getting in.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
View attachment 319519
Has this been brought up yet? It’d be sort of crazy if Capcom only gets an echo in Ultimate. They seem to be so easy to work with when it comes to crossovers, they’ll do anything lol
  • Capcom
  • Has figures
  • We've been getting more complex movesets
  • Other fighters have aped their moves
  • SSStylish
  • Would parallel Bayonetta
  • Pizza

The time has come and so have I

But he's too arbitrarily popular so he won't happen :4wario2:

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
Tron Bonne over Zero or Mega Man X would be the most confusing Mega Man rep ever.
It would... I'm honestly playing favorites tho. Misadventures of Tron Bonne is really the only Mega Man thing I have much in the way of meaningful exposure to. Actually at first I wasn't even aware it was a Mega Man thing, just a weird game on the PS1 that I rented from the grocery store (back when you could still do that). Actually played the classic Mega Man 1 and 2 later and did not finish them, I... personally did not like them very much. They were bad for my blood pressure. But I do like little Tron Bonne and her bank robbing shenanigans tho hehehe.

She won't happen though... but I CAN wish

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
  • Capcom
  • Has figures
  • SSStylish
  • Pizza

Ah but there's one downside.

SSB: Snake/PSSABR: Raiden
SSB: Kazuya/PSASBR: Heihachi

GG Dante. Bayonetta's already in Smash so he's out. :p

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
  • Capcom
  • Has figures
  • SSStylish
  • Pizza

The twist is that it's Vergil because most of FP2 minus Steve have been non-mascot characters or protagonists with Steve having those as alts and it would also fit "the characters from PSABR can't get into Smash theory" that Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester posted before me.
Of course, he comes with the chair.
798-1600863312-1511229545.jpeg

:4pacman:

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ayumi Tachibana, Dixie Kong, Rhythm Heaven Rep, Sonic character, and Mach Rider are others to keep in mind if we take Second Chance Theory into account.
Is there any proof that Sakurai wanted to make a second Sonic character beyond Sonic fans wanting one?

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
I don't know anything about Tekken, but there's a part of me that's wondering if that specific instance is a roll replacement. Like, he doesn't have traditional rolls, but gets the weird dodge thing instead. Probably not, but it was a thought I had. In reality, I'm likely way off, based on him having crouch dashes in the first place.
Crouch dash is basically a move that is exclusive to the Mishimas in Tekken, among other few. It's basically executed by inputting forward, resetting your stick to neutral, then inputting down then down-forward rapidly. It does have some noteworthy properties (besides ducking while covering tons of distance of course, as it can be used in rapid succession), as in this state, by performing this motion, you can cancel it and execute certain moves like the iconic Wind God Fist and the Hell Sweep in the trailer.

I'm guessing this to be the main gimmick of Kazuya. He'll undoubtedly be our most complicated character as of yet, I'm really looking forward to how Sakurai translates this feature into Smash.
Huh. I'm kinda stunned that Glitch Theory might have meant something for once. Just not for the characters that we thought it would mean something for.

Punish game is one of the central tenets yes, but Tekken also places a lot of emphasis on movement / footsies (as in Kazuya's trailer where the mirror Kazuyas just dash back and forth like jittery madmen), and safe attacks / pokes: stuff like the One Jab is really simple but fundamental. But still, you know the punish game is a central aspect of the gameplay when Smash officially showed off Tekken's 10-hit combo. We just need wonky wall interactions and it's 100 % Tekken. :4pacman:
From what I can see, dropping a combo in Tekken could legitimately cost you the match and juggling/bouncing on the ground and walls was really important.

I wonder how Kazuya will fare in the air. Tekken was even more grounded than other fighters, from what I remember seeing.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Ah but there's one downside.

SSB: Snake/PSSASBR: Raiden
SSB: Kazuya/PSASBR: Heihachi

GG Dante. Bayonetta's already in Smash so he's out. :p
Cool story bruv

The twist is that it's Vergil because most of FP2 minus Steve have been non-mascot characters or protagonists with Steve having those as alts.
And of course he comes with the chair.
View attachment 319524
:4pacman:
Summon Swords outdated

Summon Lawn Chairs Gang rise up

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Really though, I'd be down for Dante even though he's not one of my most wanted. He would come with a really fun and creative moveset. And who wouldn't, he's video game persona itself.

Last edited:

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
I'll come back in three months since I really don't want to speculate during the Summer, lol.
Good speculation to you, people.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
No but people points out to poor representation FF had prior to Sephiroth's inclusion and folks feels the same with Sonic given its franchises legacy.
But FF had absolutely NOTHING. Sonic, even if it's biased in favor of zones of the green hill variety, still has plenty of content.

Technomage

Smash Champion
I’m curious as to why they didn’t reveal the final character today alongside Kazuya. Are they really that obsessed with revealing them shortly before release now?
Hmmmm, since Kazuya is likely to have that limb system (which would be complicated enough to require more time worked on him), and especially if the last fighter is also complex, it might make sense as to why Ninty didn't reveal both fighters.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
On the Vergil discussion, I think I'd actually enjoy playing him over Dante because we don't have an Iaijutsu user, Bury the Light would absolutely be in the game and he'd come with incredibly memorable quotes (with most of them being memes).

Here's just a taste of some of the memorable Vergil quotes.
"Now I'm a little motivated!"
"Where's your motivation?" (Would make an excellent taunt)
"Go to hell!"
"Die!"
"Rest in peace."
"You are not worthy as my opponent." (Good victory quote)
"This is power!"
"Don't get so cocky."
"You will not forget this Devil's power!"
"You shall die."
And of course

Technomage

Smash Champion
Looking at the Dante and Devil May Cry discussion, I am tempted to start a sub-conversation involving Don'te, just for ****s and giggles, again... XD

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
The idea I’ve seen is that every single Prime game takes place in between Metroid 1 and 2.

Can’t be before Metroid 1 because Ridley is Meaty in that game and half metallic in Samus Returns.

The big key is simple, there is only one Non Clone Metroid after Samus Returns, therefore Prime must be before Samus Returns.

That leaves the entire Prime Trilogy inbetween one and two. Where exactly 4 is gonna fall I have no clue, the only thing we know is that Sylux might be there. Thats it, could be anywhere.
Yep, that's the official timeline. 1/Zero Mission, Prime Trilogy, 2/Samus Returns, Super Metroid, Fusion, Dread. Other M's between Super Metroid and Fusion but I dunno if we want to count that.

It's a good question as to where Prime 4 stands in the timeline, though

I've been "feeling this" for 3 years after Bayonetta got added.

It hasn't exactly amounted to much...
That's because your aren't feeling it enough.

Say it with me:

Last edited:

Faso115

Smash Lord
It's both dante and vergil. The trailer first starts with dante killing all the dharkon clones when he suddenly arrives at the big bad boss and then dharkon dies out of nowhere.

Then vergil is announced as the first character from pass 3. the ride never ends.

I want to believe

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
On the Vergil discussion, I think I'd actually enjoy playing him over Dante because we don't have an Iaijutsu user, Bury the Light would absolutely be in the game and he'd come with incredibly memorable quotes (with most of them being memes).

Here's just a taste of some of the memorable Vergil quotes.
"Now I'm a little motivated!"
"Where's your motivation?" (Would make an excellent taunt)
"Go to hell!"
"Die!"
"Rest in peace."
"You are not worthy as my opponent." (Good victory quote)
"This is power!"
"Don't get so cocky."
"You will not forget this Devil's power!"
"You shall die."
And of course
Japan's also currently struggling with Covid, what better wwy to help than add the Social Distancing Swords?
1623856119936.png

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
It's both dante and vergil. The trailer first starts with dante killing all the dharkon clones when he suddenly arrives at the big bad boss and then dharkon dies out of nowhere.

Then vergil is announced as the first character from pass 3. the ride never ends.

I want to believe
Nah, Dante is the last character for FP2 and the bonus fighter is Vergil, because Vergil wouldn't add any new content and an FP3 seems extremely unlikely.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I pick Super Duper Smash Bros. Ultimate, since that'd be funnier.
I like Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Encore myself

Skullgirls (2nd) Encore, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore, etc…

Deluxe is more for Mario, Pikmin, etc. Definitive Edition could be for Xenoblade including X

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Can it can be agreed the last fighter could be anyone at this point? Because who would have ever expected Kazuya.

Whether its a low, mid, or high note 1st party of low, mid, or high note 3rd party.

For all we know it could even be Master Chief to end Ultimate on a big bang as he "Finishes the Fight".

Or just a Pokemon in general. That or Dixie Kong or Octoling.

Last edited:

SharkLord

Smash Hero
…yes? Iirc in Pythra’s presentation Sakurai said he can’t show his entire figure collection cause he kept the figurines of the last fighters in his drawer
It could still just be a translation error; Everyone agreed that Figure Theory is just "Sakurai will use figures for reference if possible" and nobody ever felt the need to actually translate that line themselves. Sakurai never went out and said it was a subtitle thing like "good boys and girls," either, and I doubt he would anyways since that would narrow things down a fair bit.

Technomage

Smash Champion
Can it can be agreed the last fighter could be anyone at this point? Because who would have ever expected Kazuya.

Whether its a low, mid, or high note 1st party of low, mid, or high note 3rd party.

For all we know it could even be Master Chief to end Ultimate on a big bang as he "Finishes the Fight".

Or just a Pokemon in general. That or Dixie Kong or Octoling.
It could even be a 4th-party character, or an OC created solely to be a Smash Bros. fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom